Judge Judy

• Please log in to reply

24877 replies to this topic

robxr4ti

robxr4ti

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 6:43 AM

Saturday night Judy had a great one where the case has to be recalled because the Plaintiff nearly passes out. Then the Defendant complains that it's a waste of his afternoon for him to be in Court and Judge Judge says that he doesn't have to be there. He can either cooperate or she'll dismiss the case without prejudice so the plaintiff can re-file in her local small claims court. She asks him "what's his pleasure" and, of course, he says that he's into extreme sports! Case dismissed!

Which was extremely unfair to the plaintiff. She must have gone through a lot to get this case there as evidenced by her practically fainting (there is *far* more to their story). The moral here apparently is that if you know you're going to lose, just be a complete jerk and the case will be tossed.

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 8:07 AM

The moral here apparently is that if you know you're going to lose, just be a complete jerk and the case will be tossed.

Yeah, but that was back in 2006... I think JJ has taken a tougher line with jerks in recent years. She goes toe-to-toe with them now and makes them look like fools by reminding them whose sandbox they're playing in.

I agree that it seemed unfair to the plaintiff. But, it seems like JJ thought the plaintiff had better chance to getting the full $6600 back in Superior Court.

Seems like the ex was putting on a show. In the Hallterview the girlfriend said he was acting like such a jerk that she didn't even recognize him.

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 12:45 PM

I agree that it seemed unfair to the plaintiff. But, it seems like JJ thought the plaintiff had better chance to getting the full $6600 back in Superior Court.

Yeah, it sounded like the options were "Behave yourself and she gets the $5K limit or be a raging douche and she goes to Superior Court and gets the $6.6K, because it sounds like a shoe-in." I just hope JJ's people help her file in Superior Court though, if they're making her re-file because JJ doesn't like the defendant. But seriously, I thought she actually whimpered when it got dismissed without prejudice - either she didn't get JJ's intent and thought she lost or there was a lot more going on behind the scenes and she couldn't handle the thought of dragging it out any more.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 1:27 PM

I just hope JJ's people help her file in Superior Court though...

I did notice that she didn't go out the back door with the defendant; Byrd took her out through the front. Maybe somebody was waiting there who could explain to her what had just happened.

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 9:17 PM

Loved the first couple in today's episode. Counting their six-month marriage to each other, they had eight marriages between them! (3 for him, 4 for her, and 1 for both of them).

VartanFan

VartanFan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 10:26 PM

Loved the first couple in today's episode. Counting their six-month marriage to each other, they had eight marriages between them! (3 for him, 4 for her, and 1 for both of them).

Here's the thing I didn't understand about this case. The guy was not hurt by her slapping him in the face (he told the cops and tried to tell JJ that she punched him, but later said...yeah, just slapped me)...no missed work, no real damages. How many times have we heard JJ say "I have to make you whole. I can't give you more than that. I just have to make you whole." I don't understand why this guy got $1000. He had no damages...didn't even see a doctor...and her punishment was arrested and now having a record.

I just thought he was a jerk because he said she had been drinking, drinks too much, etc...so he told her NO when she asked if he would pick up the foster kid. So he's ok with having her drive drunk to pick up the kid and then drive drunk back with the kid in the car? Even if he didn't want to help her out, he still should have made sure the kid got home safely.

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

I was mostly upset the slapping/foster care couple was representing Minnesota...

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 11:42 PM

I was mostly upset the slapping/foster care couple was representing Minnesota...

I was so disturbed by the fact that I knew they were from MN after the plaintiff spoke a single sentence that I wasn't paying too much attention to the case, since I have never been there nor known anyone from there.

Sorry Steph. Your state is getting dismal representation on this show, since MN litigants are morons and dullards, nearly without exception. There must be a huge overflow of kids needing foster care there. That woman seemed unstable with her many marriages, physical violence and drinking and driving (not to mention her inappropriate grinning) yet has no trouble getting kids.

commentator

commentator

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2011 @ 11:44 PM

OMG. Today's rerun of the two baby mommas who got in fight at gas station over the baby daddy. That blonde wig on plaintiff (or were there 2 wigs?), good grief. Hurt my eyes. And the teeth/grill on loser baby daddy. JJ's speech fell on deaf ears. We know they will be at each other over and over - just like we know Mr. Pollenator will move on and make more babies.
The whole thing made me wanna puke.

Edited by commentator, Dec 5, 2011 @ 11:48 PM.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

The baby-mamas/ex-con-future-con-daddy case weirded me out for an unusual reason: Why the heck did the judge have the daddy take the witness stand while she grilled him face to face like that? She usually reserves that type of interrogation for the small children who show up as witnesses or miscreants. It made me cringe. At first I actually thought JJ liked him and was flirting a little bit with him, but then I changed my mind about that. I guess I could interpret the tête-à-tête as JJ's own way of humiliating the man? Which, frankly, I don't like. But I don't know. The wigs! The grillz! The tattoos in every crevice! The avoirdupois! No, no, no, and, no.

The couple from Minnesota were...ach! In addition to hearing the sad tales of the 30 marriages between them, the excessive drinking, and the slapping, then the guy nonchalantly drops how he was tired of taking care of her foster children! The judge turns to Angry Mom and asks about the kids, and finds out they're 19, 16, whatever. Just money in that lady's pocket. How I despise that kind of manipulative crap and lack of oversight.

I kind of enjoyed the case with the lady who loaned her 1995 Tercel to her gentleman friend. I thought he was endearing in his unique way. Kept wanting to explain things away and introduce hearsay. Did he say he was going to school? And did he also say he was 54 years old? In the hall afterwards, both of them expressed a kinship with each other, and the lady said the guy was a pastor and she's a Christian so she still likes him even if he wrecked her car. Love! If I read this crap in a book, I wouldn't believe it.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 8:20 AM

In the hallterview, did the plaintiff actually say, "I have too many ex-wives in Minnesota. Florida is calling me." Classic.

A few years ago, a buddy of mine went to Minneapolis for a few days for some training, and when he came back he said to me, "I swear, these Minnesota Lutherans -- 2 glasses of white zinfandel and they're ready to burn down the Twin Cities!"

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 8:51 AM

In the hallterview, did the plaintiff actually say, "I have too many ex-wives in Minnesota. Florida is calling me." Classic.

He also said "She has guns and she knows alot of bad people." (paraphrase) Our Foster Family System at work.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 10:24 AM

Did he say he was going to school? And did he also say he was 54 years old?

Yes. I think he's officially the oldest "student" we've ever seen here. I hope he graduates soon and embarks on a successful career. Maybe then he won't need to borrow a 17 year old Tercel to get around. And 5K to fix that old beater? Plaintiff just didn't believe the Kelly Blue Book. SHE knows what that car is worth! It's a special old beater!

Personally I love it when JJ makes grownups take the Kiddy Seat. Her attempts at humiliating them this way don't work, because the sad examples of humanity that she puts in the hot seat do not have in their makeup the ability to feel humiliation or shame of any kind. I really don't think Mr. Golden Grillz, sitting there all proud of his baby making prowess, has a single serious or coherent thought rattling around in his thick, bony skull beyond the next time he's going to hump his new hot baby mamma (who apparently serves her kids "condiments".)

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 10:39 AM

Why the heck did the judge have the daddy take the witness stand while she grilled him face to face like that? She usually reserves that type of interrogation for the small children who show up as witnesses or miscreants. It made me cringe. At first I actually thought JJ liked him and was flirting a little bit with him, but then I changed my mind about that.

I'm going to give JJ a pass on this... mainly because I think this was about the time she was hospitalized. She seemed a little slower and a bit rundown. She even said she was feeling under the weather. I think she just brought Romeo up there so not to strain herself too much.

And it did seem like JJ had a bit of soft spot for him ..and the ladies. She at the very least liked that the Romeo answered most of her questions directly without hemming an hawing, like when he was honest about his jailtime.

He didn't want to admit his new baby-mama slashed the tires. That's understandable. She was going to be his girlfriend for at least another month or so. I'll bet you anything he's back with the first baby-mama or moved on to a future baby-mama by now.

3-kids at 21... yeesh!!!

Watt DeFark

Watt DeFark

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 1:32 PM

Plaintiff just didn't believe the Kelly Blue Book. SHE knows what that car is worth! It's a special old beater!

Well, I actually had a teeny bit of sympathy for her on this...you couldn't touch a Tercel in good condition for a grand anymore. A quick Google search turned up a 1996 with 200K miles for $2000.

Used car prices are very high right now...I wonder how current their printed Blue Book is. Actual professional used car valuation websites update daily.

Plus the inconvenience of having to shop for a car when you wouldn't have needed to if he'd been more conscientious.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 6:08 PM

For giggles I tried looking up a '95 Tercel, in good condition/200K miles, private party sale and got $1200.

Plus the inconvenience of having to shop for a car

Yes, it's very inconvenient which is why I wouldn't give my car to someone to use for months, when he obviously doesn't have any money to repair any damage.

Sorry to post twice in a row, but today was killa! I was ho-humming at the usual assortment of moon-faced silly baby boys with bad Julius Cesar haircuts who need things like 40K Camaros to convince themselves they DO have some testosterone AND want some dopey bitch to pay for it.
Oh, and by the way, "She ain't gettin' nothing now" is NOT English, especially coming from some dickheaded doughboy who claims to be a "student". A student of what, we don't know.

THEN, we got Mr.Hummel, who is a dead ringer for the Bug Man from Men in Black and who had a client, Colonel Sanders (!!) who paid him $4,600 + a dirt bike to fix up his 1970 DODGE DART! Yes, a Dodge Dart that was a horrific POS when it rolled off the assembly line in 1970.

Then we had Mr. Hummel's....witness, I guess, in her tube top looking like a low-rent Elvira, sitting and shouting out from the sidelines. Well, shouting out until JJ told her to get her skank ass outside and put on a shawl if she had something to say.

The plaintiff looked a bit bizarre and was accused of being a drunk but she didn't have to say anything so we don't really know what her story is.

Edited by AngelaHunter44, Dec 6, 2011 @ 9:34 PM.

speac

speac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 6:42 PM

I remember that case. He does look like the Bug Man

Depending on a number of different factors that might be a very good price on the Dodge Dart. They have fallen into the muscle car collector market.

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

3-kids at 21... yeesh!!!

I got that beat! There's one episode in which the 21 year-old Defendant claims to have 10 (!) kids by 4 different mothers - including Judge Judy's daughter. You can see this episode at This is My Episode

Freshly Ground Coffee

Freshly Ground Coffee

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Hey now! My first car was a Dodge Dart Swinger back in 198..mumblemumble..
Man could that thing haul ass, and it could comfortably seat 7 college students. Good times...

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 9:12 AM

Oh, and by the way, "She ain't gettin' nothing now" is NOT English, especially coming from some dickheaded doughboy who claims to be a "student". A student of what, we don't know.

I was wondering what kind of student too, especially as he said at one point that he and his wife had just moved to a farm. Studying animal husbandry, perhaps?

KnitorPurl

KnitorPurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 9:14 AM

The two-toned hair these last two days has been hilarious- first the plaintiff with the blond wig on top and then yesterday's defendant's wife with the overly dyed dual colors. At least it's easier to spot than trying to read some of the tattoos; I swear the one of the arm of the 21 year old with 3 kids was "Lobster" is old English script.

"She ain't gettin' nothin' now" defendant actually thought it was ok to trade someone else's ATV away if he took it somewhere where you don't need a title.... the grammar synapse isn't the only one that isn't firing.

WhineandCheez

WhineandCheez

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 10:47 AM

Very sage advice given in the Hallterview of the 2nd case, the one with the guy who pled guilty to assaulting the Plaintiff, though he said she came up and hit him, and he was just holding her down:
Plaintiff: "Live long, love many, harm none."

Yeah, yeah, fine Lao Tszhu, now shut up and go collect your JJ check. Especially since you DID hit him first, because you said you found out he was both seeing another girl the entire time he was your BF AND he was still married. If I found out those things not only would I have hit him first, he would be testifying either by bed-side while in one of those cartoon traction devices, or else by a remote in the afterlife.

Edited by WhineandCheez, Dec 7, 2011 @ 10:49 AM.

Watt DeFark

Watt DeFark

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 12:38 PM

Hey now! My first car was a Dodge Dart Swinger back in 198..mumblemumble..
Man could that thing haul ass, and it could comfortably seat 7 college students. Good times...

Hee, me too, except mine was the Plymouth version (Scamp)...with a 318 and it did indeed haul ass! And you're right, a nice Dart would fetch some $$ as a classic car

...and completely parenthetically, Dodge announced yesterday they are bringing back the Dart name!

For giggles I tried looking up a '95 Tercel, in good condition/200K miles, private party sale and got $1200.

Is that for an actual car, or just a bluebook value?

"She ain't gettin' nothin' now" defendant actually thought it was ok to trade someone else's ATV away if he took it somewhere where you don't need a title

Ho.Lee.Crap. I don't think he ever understood the concept that JJ was trying to explain to him.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 3:23 PM

Wow, I'm really out of the loop, not knowing a Dodge Dart is desirable! Or maybe I confused it with a Plymouth Duster which could also be "in" again. Obviously I have no clue. I once had a 1970 Chevelle Malibu. Should have kept it I guess...

Studying animal husbandry, perhaps?

Could be. That brings to mind nasty jokes but I won't go there.

Is that for an actual car, or just a bluebook value?

Bluebook only.

always edina

always edina

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 3:40 PM

Yeah, yeah, fine Lao Tszhu, now shut up and go collect your JJ check. Especially since you DID hit him first, because you said you found out he was both seeing another girl the entire time he was your BF AND he was still married. If I found out those things not only would I have hit him first, he would be testifying either by bed-side while in one of those cartoon traction devices, or else by a remote in the afterlife.

I'd make sure he was singing soprano after demonstrating the "Lorena Bobbit" procedure.

Mr. Edina is beginning to watch these episodes with me and is SHOCKED at how stupid the participants are. He wonders is any of them have ever seen the show before they agree to go on and suffer such humiliation at the deft hands of the Judge. He's also starting to remember the new language he's exposed to: tooken, boughten, bited, drinked....if only there was a "Judge Judy Grammar Dictionary" available for Christmas!

Edited by always edina, Dec 7, 2011 @ 6:01 PM.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 4:01 PM

Could be. That brings to mind nasty jokes but I won't go there.

That was the whole point, Angie.

sholshull

sholshull

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 5:45 PM

"He grabbed me by the 'larynex'"

"As soon as I had the opportunity, 'fleeded' the car"

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 8:32 AM

Tonight, they're re-running the battling grade-school teachers case, AKA "Listen up, Daffy Duck!"
We're still early in the season but I'm sure that case is going to make Sarcastico's list, if for nothing other than that quote.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 11:26 AM

The dreaded double negative. When will they ever learn...........

oosala

oosala

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 8, 2011 @ 3:44 PM

Live long, love many, harm none.

Hey Whine, I thought she said, "Trust few, love many, harm none." I also thought it was nicely said.