Judge Judy

• Please log in to reply

24881 replies to this topic

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 8:13 AM

Wow, I always thought that it was taped in NY. I guess because of the shots during the show of NY and that she is from NY. IIRC she doesn't live in NY now. She and her husband have a house in Connecticut (Greenwich maybe?) and they also have a home in the Tampa/St. Pete area. When I was visiting family last year, I saw her on the news and they said that she lived there part of the year. She was also on the news recently here in NY. Something like her neighbors weren't happy about work she was doing to her house, and they are suing her.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 9:23 AM

Ew ew ew... those photos of the trashed apartment were just nasty.

Oh, dirty McWord! And what kind of scuzzbucket puts out their cigarettes on the carpeting?! Raised by wolves much? And I couldn't understand a word that came out of the "lingerie store owner"'s mouth.

What I want to know is how can you sit in on a taping??

There's a number on this fan site but not sure if it's the right one for tickets.

Hee. On my google search for the number, I stumbled on a link for Johnny Rotten's appearance before Judge Judy. Now that episode I would love to see again on a rerun. JJ had no idea who Johnny Rotten was. Nor, frankly, did she really care -- I believe he lost the case.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

Major Misfit:  And what kind of scuzzbucket puts out their cigarettes on the carpeting?!

Hey, at least he didn't change the oil in his motorcycle inside the apartment. That's what the previous tenant did at one apartment I moved into.

Ashleigh's Mom

Ashleigh's Mom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 11:17 AM

My mother has a friend who works for the production company, and she goes to the courts and looks through the small claims filings and chooses cases that seem interesting. If they agree to go on the show then they have to withdraw their case from small claims first.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2004 @ 3:28 PM

I re-watched the Storm vs. Cop episode and realized they were from LA.

I wonder what Rodney King thinks about her statement that she was mistreated by the LAPD.

Dahling

Dahling

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2004 @ 11:12 PM

What I want to know is how can you sit in on a taping??

I read in an article several years ago that all the "spectators" are really actors. Sorry that it was so long ago I couldn't tell you where, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2004 @ 8:18 AM

I read in an article several years ago that all the "spectators" are really actors. Sorry that it was so long ago I couldn't tell you where, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly.

Doesn't that stink?! I guess that would account for the reason there's always an attractive young woman seated directly behind the defendant and the plaintiff.

On the other hand, during an episode last week featuring Rent Boy vs. Sugar Daddy, JJ did eject a man in the front row behind Sugar Daddy for, I suspect, laughing too much at the players in the case.

I wonder what Rodney King thinks about her statement that she was mistreated by the LAPD.

He was probably wondering why Storm didn't conjure a lightning bolt and strike the guy down.

parsleysage

parsleysage

Posted Aug 9, 2004 @ 8:30 AM

Thanks, sears 44 for The Definitive Guide to Judge Judy. Always wondered about that stuff.

only1kcm

only1kcm

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2004 @ 2:49 PM

OMG, I almost forgot about Rent Boy and Sugar Daddy! That was one weird...and all kinds of "Ew!", as well.

Actors who attend the taping, you say? Bastards! I wonder if they'll ever come out with a "JJ: Uncut and Uncensored"...

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2004 @ 6:01 PM

It just goes to show that JJ and the LAPD are anti-mutant.

sears44

sears44

Posted Aug 9, 2004 @ 8:17 PM

OMG, I almost forgot about Rent Boy and Sugar Daddy! That was one weird...and all kinds of "Ew!", as well.

OMG, I remember seeing that episode last week. Can I just say double Ew! And I so wanted to see what his ad said.

Today's episode w/happy-go-lucky lady vs. limo company was hilarous. I hadn't seen it b4 and thoroughly enjoyed Judy thrashing the limo company's "are the passengers going to be normal size" line. I think that she was just waiting until they said that to really give it to them. I just wish that Judy would let loose on these people and just really curse them out! I would pay to see that!

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 7:23 AM

Today's episode w/happy-go-lucky lady vs. limo company was hilarous. I hadn't seen it b4 and thoroughly enjoyed Judy thrashing the limo company's "are the passengers going to be normal size" line.

BWAH! That was classic! Those limo people were hideous. But happy-go-lucky lady got the final dig in during the closing moments, "Don't ever rent a limo from a company called THRIFTY Limo!"

Edited by Major Misfit, Aug 10, 2004 @ 7:24 AM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2004 @ 4:31 PM

Did anyone see yesterday's episode where this girl was being sued by this woman that, I think, she had hit with her car? The only part I really remember was at the end where the girl said that the lady suing her needed to get a life and stop suing people and that she probably didn't have a job and that's why she had sued. That girl was one nasty bitch!

Lilredcorvette

Lilredcorvette

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 11, 2004 @ 5:36 PM

I used to love watching but now it does seem that she decideds the moment she looks at u who's gonna win or whether or not to dismiss the case.Im sooo glad that she's getting replaced by Jane Pauley(not that I polan on watching) but antyhing is better than hearing her harp for an hour.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2004 @ 7:12 PM

I saw that case while I was cleaning out my rabbit Stew's cage, jw7579. I loved it when the defendant acted like the plaintiff had no right to be in the crosswalk. How dare she attempt to walk across the street in the legally & clearly-defined pedistrian zone! Honestly!

only1kcm

only1kcm

Fanatic

Posted Aug 11, 2004 @ 8:47 PM

How dare she attempt to walk across the street in the legally & clearly-defined pedistrian zone!

Now, see, I thought that the woman was just crossing the street and not in the crosswalk (but I'm probably confused...that happens often).

No, what cracked me up was the plaintiff's constant reminders that she was "traumatized" by this. Honey, 9/11 was "traumatizing"...this was just a pimple on the ass that is life.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2004 @ 5:24 PM

Ah. Today was a goody: Bad Hair-Extension Getters vs. Bad Hair Extension Giver. I was so waiting for the photo of the Getters looking like Brittany Spears or something with their painful hair extensions. But no! They looked exactly liked they did when they didn't have any. Anyway, those two idiots got the extensions put in again -- even after they were complaining about pain and hair loss.

Ridiculously unanswerable question of the day: Why get hair extensions to go away on a church retreat?

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2004 @ 6:29 PM

I think she was in the crosswalk, only1kcm, since I seem to remember JJ telling the defendant that she wasn't the crosswalk monitor and didn't have a right to decide who was walking too slowly.

only1kcm

only1kcm

Fanatic

Posted Aug 12, 2004 @ 8:55 PM

Thanks for that, SnowDog. As I said, I wasn't sure, but regardless, there was no "traumatizing" to be had.

I finally caught the Alterna-Kids' case from the other day. WTF was that on Mory's lip? I wasn't sure if it was a piercing or a mole or...whatever. Just...ew.

Gwendel

Gwendel

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 14, 2004 @ 1:43 AM

Catch the Your Dog Done Et Mah Girl's Chickens episode the other night. Usually don't do the Judy if I'm home around 4pm since that's when Maury/Who Baby Daddy is on. But Mr Gwendel and the dragon children where watching back to back Judge Judy when I walked in the door!

Cliff Notes version: A has chickens, so many chickens. A says B's dog is coming in A's yard and having himself a chicken takeout dinner. B disagrees, although Mr B Doggie has a little habit of digging out from his doggie enclosure.

Here's the scary thing, I understood and agreed with Judy's decision. (Basically, A is "Sorely Out of Luck" and not getting dime 1) . Unless you can prove/show evidence that Mr Doggie ate Mr Chicken (ie video of Mr Doggie chomping down, see Mr Doggie running away with Mr Chicken in his mouth, etc), it's just word vs word. Now, explaining why Judy ruled the way she did to Mr Gwendel, that was another story...

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2004 @ 7:47 AM

If anyone's interested, the Pompous Diarrhea of the Mouth Moviegoier Asshat vs. the Dumping Soda Lady reruns on Monday. I can't watch that episode enough -- I love the Dumping Soda Lady!

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2004 @ 2:34 PM

Hooray for Dumping Soda Lady! She's my hero.

I saw that case too, Gwendel (side note: my cat's name is Grendal. It's funny, cause she's about 5 pounds and incapable of tearing through a hall of hefty Norsemen). I couldn't believe the defendant was trying to pass off her dog as a dachshund. Um, no. He's way too tall, honey. Dachshund mixed with something else, maybe.

Didya catch the Nasty Away Message case? I laughed my ass off when JJ asked the defendant to spell the word "white" and he wrote down "wight." Dude, she didn't say "Isle of..."

I like to think of JJ as the polar opposite of Judge Hatchett. If you were to combine the two, you'd get Judge Marilyn Milian (she of the kick-ass heels) from People's Court.

Edited by SnowDog, Aug 14, 2004 @ 2:38 PM.

only1kcm

only1kcm

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

Soda Dumping Lady ruled!! Yes, SnowDog, she is truly a modern-day hero...!

Loved the verbal smackdown JJ gave Diarrhea Mouth. I couldn't get over his lame-ass reasons for suing for all that money. What a clueless moron. Even more so for admitting they got there 5 minutes after the movie started on purpose. And then, after the case was over, to whine and cry that *others* were the cause of the decline and moral decay of common decency.

(sigh) Why do I bother to work myself into a lather? These people never get it, and never will.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2004 @ 5:19 PM

I couldn't get over his lame-ass reasons for suing for all that money. What a clueless moron.

Hee. Everything about him was moronic -- including that creative shave job he did with those pseudo-mutton-chop sideburns.

I adored the Soda Lady's parting shot at His Royal Highness of Asshatedness: "The only thing that surprises me is that more people don't throw sodas on Mr. Haas' head."

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2004 @ 6:18 PM

I love how pissed off JJ was at the Asshat. You can tell she's really mad when she starts cursing.

sears44

sears44

Posted Aug 16, 2004 @ 8:02 PM

Okay so I finally saw the dumping-soda lady. It wasn't the best episode ever, imo but it had some great lines. i don't think that I have ever heard Judy curse so much (albeit it was just 'damn' but still). And the whole "i hurt my back standing up" and "she was running away from me" was priceless. I so wish Judy would've ruled this: "Judgment is for the plaintiff in the amount of $400, to be paid to the court-appointed shrink in your hometown for at least one session."

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2004 @ 9:15 PM

Hearing JJ say "damn" is like hearing Judge Mathis say "fuck."

Oo, that would've been a great decision, sears44.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2004 @ 9:58 PM

The plaintiff in the body wrap case was a looney for thinking she would actually lose 10 inches in one hour! Granted, the defendant was totally in the wrong for calling the cops... but still! Think, woman.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Aug 18, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

No kidding! It's one thing to lie about what a product can do (wave a guarantee?! How the crap can you wave something that's promised to work?) and be wrong, but the plaintiff was a moron for going in there expecting to lose 10 inches like in the picture. She worked out for an hour with this stuff on! I'd love to be a fly on that wall, hilarity I'm sure.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2004 @ 7:50 AM

The plaintiff in the body wrap case was a looney for thinking she would actually lose 10 inches in one hour!

Word. That case was like Dumb vs. Dumberer. They should have both lost on principle.