The People's Court

• Please log in to reply

5042 replies to this topic

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2013 @ 11:30 AM

I agree; those plaintiffs were delusional.

I do agree with MM about people living so much of their lives on the internet like that. More and more employers have become savvy about checking social networks and Youtube that you'd be crazy to have that out there, unless you don't really care about employment prospects. I think I read somewhere colleges are even checking that stuff in order to evaluate applicants.

My rule of thumb is I don't put anything on the internet I'd be embarrassed for my mother to see. Of course, he said his mother thinks it's funny, so there you go.

WhitneyWhit

WhitneyWhit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

Where's CPS when you need them? Piece of shit father lets his 4 year old ride a motorized scooter while her 6 year old brother supervises, but it's perfectly ok, because this sewage for brains taught them how to ride himself. Except it wasn't ok, because the 4 year old lost control of the scooter and maimed a woman who ends up with medical bills in collections as a result. The punk ass dad never admitted that it was stupid to allow his brats to ride a motorized scooter unsupervised and told Kurt that he's going to continue to let them do it. Wonder how he's going to feel when one rides out infront of a car and tragedy occurs.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Wonder how he's going to feel when one rides out infront of a car and tragedy occurs.

He'll sue the driver of the car, of course.

Pepper the Cat

Pepper the Cat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

That Father was a major jerk. I wonder where the Mother was?

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

Who wouldn't want an apartment that your next-door neighbor would have to walk through to get to their own apartment? That is one of the craziest things I've ever heard. No way in hell I'd have lived there!

jamisloan

jamisloan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:04 AM

Justin timberlake look-a-like that kept middle Eastern dudes security deposit was sexyyyy to me. And I liked his attitude for some reason. He told judge Milan to "let me finish" when she interrupted him... He'd of gotten kicked out if he was on JJ!

ObscuredbyClouds

ObscuredbyClouds

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 7:31 PM

Justin timberlake look-a-like that kept middle Eastern dudes security deposit was sexyyyy to me.

Ok, I got a total Tom Everett Scott vibe, not Justin Timberlake. But I can sympathize with him wanting that guy out of there. Hair clippings stuck to the soap? No thanks.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

Boy, there are postings all over the Internet about what a hoaxer that Steve Misturini is.

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

Boy, there are postings all over the Internet about what a hoaxer that Steve Misturini is.

I am a huge sports fan. I have one closet in my house that's full of jerseys, t-shirts, etc., of my favorite teams. That being said, I don't get the appeal of game-worn jerseys. I don't know if it's because I'm female or if it's because I'm frugal, but I wouldn't spend more for a game-worn jersey than I'd spend for a brand new one from Nike or Majestic. I don't get it.

Regarding yesterday's case with the couple with a 23-year age difference, how can you date someone who is a stripper and then break up with her because she's a stripper? This is similar to picking someone up in a bar and then being upset that they spend their free time at a bar. You know what you're getting into. I don't think the age difference is really the problem with this couple. They just are, like MM said, toxic together. I have no doubt that there story isn't over. They really were eyeing each other over throughout the case.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 9:28 AM

OMG - my mouth is hanging open. Did anybody see the breast pump case? The defendant and his mother-in-law were the biggest liars on the planet and the defendant was laughing during the trial even while Judge Milian was drawing and quartering him. What a total a$$hole. Even in the halterview when he was being interviewed, he said it was "hard to be me". I feel sorry for the his wife cos she's now got a baby by this moron. 

I was hoping they would show Douglas supervising the defendant as he called his credit card company to reverse the charges so the plaintiff would get paid. 

JCVinEden

JCVinEden

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

how can you date someone who is a stripper and then break up with her because she's a stripper?

There is no way she was in her early 30s, unless I did the math wrong. She must work in The Most Awfulest Stripjoint in the Universe, because it added at least 20 years to her face.

callie lee 29

callie lee 29

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 4:38 PM

OMG - my mouth is hanging open. Did anybody see the breast pump case? The defendant and his mother-in-law were the biggest liars on the planet and the defendant was laughing during the trial even while Judge Milian was drawing and quartering him. What a total a$$hole. Even in the halterview when he was being interviewed, he said it was "hard to be me". I feel sorry for the his wife cos she's now got a baby by this moron.

That case was awesome!!!  Towards the end, MM seemed to feel bad for the MIL, please, MIL is either in on the whole scheme or a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed outside unsupervised.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

Towards the end, MM seemed to feel bad for the MIL, please, MIL is either in on the whole scheme or a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed outside unsupervised.

I didn't pick that up at all. I think MIL was an idiot too- she said she didn't sign for the package but she did put the package on the table. MM had her signature. MIL was a big fat liar too and exasperated by having to stand there next to her idiot SIL. 

Back to Smiling Douchebag Defendant - (SDD) - the guy bought his wife an expensive breast pump as a "push present"? I'm past my childbearing years but from what my adult children tell me, a "push" present is traditionally jewelry or something equally posh and expensive FOR THE BABY MAMA. SDD probably pissed her off royally by buying her a "utility" present (he could have gotten her snow tires and it might have been better)

Queena

Queena

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

The breast pump guy was so wrong, and dumb.

JCVinEden

JCVinEden

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:50 AM

I was shocked as hell that a breast pump could cost $1200. That's like buying a Kirby vacuum cleaner. Oh yeah, and the defendant was a weasel.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

I was shocked as hell that a breast pump could cost $1200. That's like buying a Kirby vacuum cleaner. Oh yeah, and the defendant was a weasel.

That's the Cadillac of breast pumps - like industrial strength that they use at hospitals. It's basically a machine where you sit down, hook up the pump and read a magazine while it just chugs away. 

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 10:06 AM

I don't have kids, so I had to ask my partner about that one. She's a nurse and has two kids. She said that really is the Cadillac of breast pumps. She didn't buy one for herself, but she remembers the hospital connecting her with a company started by nurses that supplies breast pumps. I really liked that plaintiff. I have so much respect for people who see a need, fill that need, and are successful doing so. The exchange between MM and her about whether or not she was still "nursing" was cute, too.

That husband can go DIAF. What a freaking dick. I can't believe anyone married him. Also, did he say his wife is a doctor??? Sadly, I'm not all that surprised. They're probably all a bunch of freaking scammers.

SinCA

SinCA

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

That breast pump case is my new favorite case. I haven't enjoyed a MM smackdown quite that much in a long time. That defendant was SHAMELESS and a total cretin. I am not surprised the doctor wife didn't show up. And the MIL couldn't keep the facade up for even a minute, saying, "Oh yeah, I would have gone to double check the package and send it to them." Which it turned out was exactly what she did. Amazing.

Oh, and for those who maybe didn't realize what the dimwit defendant was referencing out in the hallway when Curt told him he wasn't original: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Pbfs2lYM2sQ

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

I can't believe anyone married him. Also, did he say his wife is a doctor??? Sadly, I'm not all that surprised. They're probably all a bunch of freaking scammers.

I found it quite telling that the wife wasn't at the trial. And if she's a doctor, she's a quack - he's a property manager (which could be one of those guys that you drop your rent check off to who calls the maintenance man when your toilet starts leaking at your apartment). 

The plaintiff was a real classy lady and quite professional. I don't see how MM considered it a mistake to send the breast pump to the billing address. Lots of things I order online will only send to the billing address of the credit card in order to prevent fraud (and it's a lot less than $1200)

teebax

teebax

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 1:45 PM

he's a property manager (which could be one of those guys that you drop your rent check off to who calls the maintenance man when your toilet starts leaking at your apartment). 

I can envision him working for the sort of property management company that sends those nasty HOA warning letters to people for having one weed on their lawn or leaving a car parked on the street overnight instead of in their driveway or garage. That job is perfect for a douchebag like him. Do I sound bitter? Sorry, I hate my HOA.

MotherGoose

MotherGoose

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:33 PM

Did anybody see the breast pump case?

I am with the rest of you on this.  That defendant belongs in the People's Court Hall of Shame.  I kept hoping MM would lay some interest charges or punitive damages on him to try and wipe the smirk off his face.  The hallway interview just cemented his jerk-itude.

I am not sure what to think about the MIL.  Either she is also a scammer, or, was told that all she would have to say is "I never looked at the box" and not answer any questioning.

The plaintiff was a real classy lady and quite professional.

I agree 100%.  Even if the shipping was in error (which I am not sure it was), she sent the postage to get it shipped to the "correct" address. 

Edited by MotherGoose, May 7, 2013 @ 6:35 PM.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 6:39 PM

They weren't even embarrassed to show the whole world what scammers they were.  I'd be embarrassed to appear on a TV court show for a case like that.

texasgirl

texasgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 9:44 PM

I haven't been to this website in a long time but I came back to see what people had to say about the breast pump case. Best case ever. I loved every second of the smackdown.

laprin

laprin

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 11:57 PM

They are all scammers, including the wife. I can't believe she would allow her husband and mother to go on national TV and jeopardize her own reputation, if anyone recognized them, unless she was in on the breast pump scam. I would expect a doctor and mother to have more empathy for a woman just trying to make an honest living. I just wish someone would out them. I want a Facebook page or something.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:53 AM

I soooooo wanted the defendant to have to place the call to his credit card company ON CAMERA for all of us to see.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 11:02 AM

They weren't even embarrassed to show the whole world what scammers they were

Seriously. If I were standing there, having Judge M call me a liar, a worm and a thief I would die of shame, but probably this disgusting repulsive slug makes a habit of scamming and is probably immune to shame.

The MIL? Well, she works so of course can't possibly find the time to glance at the label of a package at her door. She's a liar too.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:23 PM

Oh goodness, that breast pump case is up there with the Section 8 scammer as a classic case. I've haven't seen MM go off on the litigants in a while.

That being said, that defendant was so smug, I kept hoping that MM would throw him out of the courtroom; he was probably laughing to hide the embarassment of getting busted on live TV--and he's married WITH child?? I don't know why would anyone would want to marry that jerk, let alone have a child by him. Poor kid, he's doomed.

RuthlessBunny

RuthlessBunny

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 3:53 PM

I was really amazed that the clown was there, laughing and chuckling away.  "But they breached the contract!"  My ass. 

Love it when MM just lays into a jerk.  I also love it when she starts off nice, asking the questions we're all thinking, "So you see it's addressed to your daughter so you call her up to tell her, right?"

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

Wow, that scammer in the chimney business just decided to try to brazen through all of the lies, huh?  I hope the fraudster gets reported to his local police.

HelloPatti

HelloPatti

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

I soooooo wanted the defendant to have to place the call to his credit card company ON CAMERA for all of us to see.

Me too. I wanted to see Douglas standing there with his arms folded under those big ole guns of his (upper arms, I mean) watching this smirking turd humiliating himself with his credit card company (in fact, they should have put it on speakerphone). Wonder if he would be laughing then?