The People's Court

• Please log in to reply

5042 replies to this topic

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 8:43 PM

Today, Judge M got to read a love poem a plantiff had written to a defendant. She was fighting to keep from dissolving into giggles and just barely won. The poor plantiff wouldn't stop wincing.

Ashleigh's Mom

Ashleigh's Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 8:04 AM

awwwww.....he seemed really sweet! What a bitch she was (the defendant) to screw someone trying to help you.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 8:45 AM

I agree. The guy's poem was sweet.

boomersmommy

boomersmommy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:11 PM

That defendant was one of the most hateful bitches I've ever seen. I hate the ones who say "He's just mad because I won't go out with him again." It sounded like she drove him to the attempted suicide that he said he was not really going to go through with.

I enjoyed Judge M's reading of the defendant's little note too: "Hi baby. I needed $100 for bowling, hair, and stuff" or however the hag phrased it. She did this to one of our local jackasses one time who had met a girl online and screwed her out of a bunch of money while in jail. He kept saying "I never asked for money." So -- Judge M starts to read the letters: "Hey Baby I can't wait to be with you. I only need $500", "I only need $400 for my divorce and we can be together." I felt bad for the girl but the guy was such a creep. His brother "molested" the girl and the police here in Arkansas basically told her just to go back to New York. Boyfriend didn't seem to care about it either.

CaptainSnarky

CaptainSnarky

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:48 PM

I love Judge M.

Wow. I am watching today's installment...and these two defendants walked in--I think they're mother and daughter--and they look like someone cloned the Parkers, put em in pink sweatsuits (pink! sweatsuits! In [i]court[i]!) and extracted 50% of the class that the Parkers have. I could see people in the audience cracking up. Judge M. called them the "Doublemint Twins." Boy, she's being generous.

winkleworn

winkleworn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 6:40 AM

Lord, those Hot!Pink!Velour! sweat suits were awful. Especially because one woman was so little and the other so big. The big gal looked like a walking ham.

JM seemed very disheartened by this case with all the baby's daddy fighting.

canneuro

canneuro

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:16 AM

Amen winkleworn and CaptainSnarky ! I thought it was hilarious when Judge M referred to those two as the Doublemint Twins and baliff was snickering too. Pink velour sweatsuits look good on about 0.1% of the population, no matter what your size. The larger woman really looked horrible, especially from the backside. Maybe she'll burn that sweatsuit when she sees herself on TV...but probably not!

Edited by canneuro, Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:20 AM.

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

Today, we got to see another eBay scam case. A man was selling counterfeit Louis Vuitton bags (real obvious fakes, too; I'm not high-end purse expert, but even I could tell), and Judge M nailed his ass to the wall. I don't think I've laughed so much at a TPC case in a long, long time. The guy was so sleezy.

winkleworn

winkleworn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 3:33 PM

I was watching Carson Daly (shut up) and he had Carmen & Dave on and Dave said that his fantasy celebrity fuck is our very own Judge M. He said she is smoking hot in street clothes. Awww...or do I mean ewww?

CaptainSnarky

CaptainSnarky

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 9:24 AM

I'm gonna go with Ewww.

I'd like these judge shows better if the defendant or plaintiff actually had to pay money out of their own pockets. It would make watching TPC that much more fun.

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2004 @ 11:20 AM

It's still pretty fun.

This morning, a gay couple sued a trolley driver for not delivering service for their commitment ceremony. The jackass had the gall to countersue them for not paying the full amount of the bill. The couple won, and I thought Judge M's head was going to explode as she was giving the driver a verbal spanking. I've never seen her that angry in a simple contracts case.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 1:17 AM

I didn't know so many other people shared my love for Judge M.
I kind of like Judge Judy too, but we won't go there.

I totally saw the gay couple case. At first she seemed to be busting the couple's balls (bad choice of words?), but her smackdown of the "trolley" company owner was truly great. What a total sleezeball, just the total epitome of sleaze, especially in those tinted glasses. ugh.
I loved when he asked the two guys: "How could you know when the tide would be high or low"? Uh, it's called the moon. Idiot.
Also the gay couple? So cute.

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2004 @ 1:00 PM

Very cute.

Today, some poor schmoe called Judge M "babe." It's a good thing he was winning anyway, because...no, I wouldn't want to be the person who did that.

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 2:54 PM

I needed to bump this today because Judge M absolutely flamebroiled an evil woman who'd sicced Social Services on a foster mother as part of an ongoing feud between the two women. The foster mother filed for the statutory maximum for defamation, and while I don't think I've ever seen one of those cases fly, after the sound tongue-lashing Judge M gave to the evil woman, she award the mother $3000.00.

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 4:26 PM

I was just about to post about this case today! I didn't see the beginning of it. What started a feud. Because the mother was married to a black man?

BTW, what's that saying she always says from the Spanish. I think it's something, I went out and got a soda and came back. I wanted to say that to my friend but I forgot it.

starri

starri

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2004 @ 4:38 PM

They never quite explained why the parties were feuding, but it seemed pretty obvious it was because the plaintifs were a mixed-race couple. The defendant was claiming the mother liked to make racial epiphets towards her, but that seemed like a bunch of hogwash.

I think her little catchphrase is "I've been where you're going, sat down, had a soda, and returned.

travel9x

travel9x

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2004 @ 3:18 PM

The plaintiffs were a white woman married to a black man. They take in foster kids who are severely emotionally and physically abused and are supervised by a special Child Protective Services unit. Their neighbor is black. The plaintiff claimed that neighbor complained because the plaintiff is white while the defendant said that she had problems with the plaintiff's lifestyle.

The white plaintiff claimed that the defendant maliciously reported to the Cops and Special CPS that she let her foster kid play in the rain. The defendant also reported that the plaintiff had wild parties with underage drinking. The foster kids were removed but apparently Special CPS cleared the couple and were/are going to let them have foster kids again, not the ones removed from the house.

In the ruling, I think the judge was more concerned with the effect of the more-likely-than-not false report on the child than accusations of racism. Although Milani was the one who said that the foster child who was playing in the rain was white (and it appeared was the first white foster child).

The facts presented were very confused and it wasn't obvious what was going on. I wonder if that had to do with the involvement of child in the case or maybe just the editing of the case.

Edited by travel9x, May 1, 2004 @ 3:20 PM.

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted May 11, 2004 @ 3:59 PM

It is weird to watch this show. I love this show when Judge Milian gets on on a rampage like today's mailbox kid or yesterday's crazy tenant who set her landlord's kitchen on fire. Milian advised the defendant to get a restraining order.

It was really neat when The plaintiff started saying "Praise Jesus! I only wanted my stuff!" And Judge Milian stated "Don't you take the Lord's name in vain!"

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2004 @ 5:49 PM

Judge M. rocks, the one yesterday with the arson stuff was so awesome. She ripped that lady a new asshole and the lady was smiling and celebrating! What a nut. I hope she's in prison.

That one gay "adult entertainer" yesterday or the day before criticized the judge's makeup and gave her a sneer after the ruling cause he lost. What an asshole. Nobody messes with Milian!

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted May 25, 2004 @ 3:28 PM

Today's show was odd with the guy bringing out the Koran and asking if the guy would swear on it. What was the outcome on that case?

supie

supie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 9:56 AM

Does anyone kmow the hallway guy, Kurt's last name? thanks!

viciousgrrl

viciousgrrl

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

Does anyone kmow the hallway guy, Kurt's last name? thanks!

A search of the 'net yielded not-so-much, until this bit I found on imdb. At the end of the list of "cast" is his name, Curt with a C.

Strange... I wanted more info on this show (it's my secret shame... well, I suppose less secret now, and more just shame!), but where is it?? There's no real website! All I could really find was random worthless mentions in blogs and whatnot. It's sad.

I really don't understand why they don't have at least a functioning website. A lot of people watch the show, and it's actually good -- sometimes funny as hell -- unlike all the bitter (JJudy), retarded court shows out there (JMathis) that let people argue and talk smack while the judge is speaking! This one is way more like a real court, less like a moronic circus. Judge Milian seems to have a little less to prove, so she doesn't depend on her persona to fuel the show; instead the focus is more on the real people who actually DO fuel the show. Truth is always weirder than what writers can come up with, and I think the producers get that.

Also, I never get the feeling that the litigants are paid extras, as I definitely do with some court shows. I've always wondered what the details are regarding payment and such. They still flash the same quick page at the end of each episode that they've flashed since Wapner, but it is just a very general sort of disclaimer. I want the dirt!

Why they don't see a need for a website (which is great advertising) is beyond me. Good grief... even my toothpaste has a damned website!

supie

supie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 1:24 PM

TY viciousgrrl for the info on Curt's last name

viciousgrrl

viciousgrrl

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 3:11 PM

Sure thang. Here's more, including pictures.

Don't Harvey Levin and Curt Chaplin look like they were carved out of the exact same block of cream cheese?

monica53

monica53

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2004 @ 2:47 PM

I just saw the one with the idiot guy from South Beach who hired the famous decorator and then did not want to pay her. What was great was that he kept saying he wanted a place where he could watch football with his buddies and the decorator came up with "Queen Anne Chairs" when the Judge asked to see her sketches and asked him to show her the "QAC" he said he really didn't know much about decorating. He finally admitted that he stole her ideas and did not want to pay her!!! It was great!!!!
Judge made him pay!!!!!

I love it when dumb cheap people want to come accross as suave, intelligent know-it-all's and she calls them on it. It made my day. She does it with a lot of class, though..............

WiseGal

WiseGal

Posted Jul 7, 2004 @ 4:33 PM

Speaking of Curt, I can't stand him. Why does he ask the people 100 part questions, then tries to rush them outside as if he doesn't have time to listen? I hope someone calls him out on that one day.

Edited by WiseGal, Jul 7, 2004 @ 4:33 PM.

Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2004 @ 5:01 PM

Don't Harvey Levin and Curt Chaplin look like they were carved out of the exact same block of cream cheese?

YES! For the longest time, I thought they were the same person.

RabbitEars

RabbitEars

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2004 @ 8:16 PM

I have seen a couple of shows where it was clearly killing her to have to agree to give an evil plaintiff money from a decent defendant.

Just caught an episode today, probably a rerun, about a woman who complained that a drycleaner ruined her very expensive tracksuit. Except she apparently got a receipt only after the fact, and it looked very much to Miss M like a scam receipt, so she couldn't prove what the tracksuit really cost, and she doubted the tracksuit was really all that new, since it was stretched out. Judge M dressed down the plaintiff, then declared her the winner of 30 whole bucks. Snicker.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

I think my favorite case is the messed-up DJ at the wedding. Hearing him say "the girls defecating the rose petals" is hysterical.

SinCA

SinCA

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2004 @ 4:18 AM

Ahhh! This show has a thread, that's awesome! I love me some Milian!!

I saw one today where she just lit in to the kid who had the gall to sue the woman who kept him off the streets. He had swapped clothes with the woman's son and when the son moved out and took the clothes, the plaintiff felt the woman should pay for his clothes! After the woman let him live rent free in her house for three months!

Judge Milian wanted no part of that one. She tossed him out on his ear and he STILL didn't get it!