Sue Thomas F.B.Eye

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

261 replies to this topic

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2005 @ 5:11 PM

I can only answer if you're a Canadian. Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye airs on CTV Saturdays at 4 (previous season repeats) and 7 (current season new episodes.)

I enjoyed the "rogue agent" storyline. But mostly because I was amused that Sue Thomas was doing The Bourne Identity. :-)

Sorry to hear the show has ceased production. Ah well... it was fun while it lasted. As for CTV kicking in money... I assume they already do. Sue Thomas is billed as "CTV Original Programming", so I'm assuming they're in partnership with whatever cable network in the States produces it. (Oxygen or something?)

alizoom

alizoom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2005 @ 5:29 PM

In the States, it's on PAX affiliates on Sundays at 9PM EST/8 CST and Wednesdays 9PM EST/8 CST.

PAX is having a lot of money problems and it has still not been officially confirmed that the show is cancelled, but rather "on hiatus".

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2005 @ 3:26 PM

School is driving me insane. So much work to do and not enough time to do it.

I totally didn't see Jessica being able to 'manipulate every man in her path' simply because I did not get the essence that Jessica was a 'femme fatale' [as the commercials here described her]. Maybe it was because the actress was much too stiff but Jessica? She put me to sleep.

If the writers decide to go the Ross/Rachel route for Jack/Sue I'm going to have to stop caring about the couple altogether. I seriously lost interest in Ross/Rachel about the 5th time they broke up/didn't break up. When they got together in the season finale I just couldn't bring myself to care or be happy anymore. Oh well, there may be hope left.

Actually, I think in Canada, the show is on at 8 p.m. Eastern Time. It was at 7 p.m. for awhile but then they moved it back to 8 p.m. to make room for W-Five.

zoey1996

zoey1996

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2005 @ 5:51 PM

I think it's interesting to compare this show with Without a Trace . They are both obstensibly about the work of FBI agents. Which is more realistic? Which is more far-fetched?
I enjoy watching both shows, but both require a suspension of disbelief from time to time.

BTW, I saw the first episode with the amnesiac Jonathan. At the start of the second episode, I was in the kitchen, so I could hear the TV but not see it, and I thought right then, Jessica is the double agent! Since I so rarely guess even the obvious plot contrivances, I was surprised that I was right!

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2005 @ 11:51 PM

It redefined 'contrivance' zooey. Seriously, it was such a throw away move I felt like I was being cheated. Of course they have to make Jessica evil, she's standing in the way of Jack and Sue's path of twue wuv!

Benito

Benito

Posted Mar 4, 2005 @ 2:27 AM

This is a on a "family values" channel if I recall (I haven't seen it for a few years) so wouldn't it be "twue unconsummated wuv"?

alizoom

alizoom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 1:44 PM

Hey Tangi, hang in there!

You know zoey and benito, I find the problem with STFBE less about being on a "family values network" than just plain old writing inconsistencies/inaccuracies and a being on a network that is financial broke.

See, I would have never guessed Jessica to be a mastermind/double agent because there wasn't an ounce of sexuality or agressiveness in her, even when she was flirting with Jack. Less to do with the ability of the actress that played her and more to do with the writers just not being agressive enough. And YES! you can write gritty "safe-adult" drama without offending or embarrassing your audience. Look at "Law & Order" or "Cold Case". Also, the creator of 7th Heaven - about as staid as you can get - is the creator of Kirstie Alley's new show, which is about as vulgar as you can get, IMO. It's like the wroters don't have a working history of their own show. Do they look at last week's "game films"? Whatever happened to Garrett - still on vacation? Why is "D" supervisor, yet jack runs the team, so to speak. How did Jack jump over D, Bobby and Miles in promotion and there's no resentment of him? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Christians suffer from the same frailties and human emotions as everyone else.

I wonder if the failings of this show have more to do with trying to paint the FBI as falwless good guys (Jonathan and Jessica were MI-5 agents, not G-Men) and in doing so don't give the audience much to hold onto in the day-to-day of human conflict

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2005 @ 10:15 PM

Sorry! Back from an exam hiatus!

I've missed the last 3 or 4 weeks and tuned in this week and was left disappointed because...it was the last episode. When they cued up the sentimental music and the montage I figured it would be the end.

Cheesy music and montage aside, I'm really going to miss this show. I hope CTV continues to play reruns since from my understanding, it has pretty stellar ratings in Canada.

To me, it seemed there would be more of a finito if Sue had indeed taken the job and moved to New York. After all, the main character's gone so it makes sense. But I suppose people have grown too fond of the other characters as well that it didn't seem to make sense. Jack's little speech outside of the bullpen before he found out Sue was going to stay made me swoon. Yannick Bisson really blows me away in terms of acting. His delivery and reactions in almost every situation, especially when he said "...anybody except for Lucy" was so subtle and convincing.

bbug

bbug

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2005 @ 4:17 PM

Wait...that's it!? This is one of the better PAX shows, in terms of scripts and acting. And lately it's been so much better, IMO, than in the early episodes. I missed the end of last night's ep because my parents phoned, and now I could kick myself.

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2005 @ 7:45 PM

I'm sure they'll replay it again!

While I don't have PAX, I agree with you that the show was really good and that it did show signs of improvement in terms of storylines. There were continuity issues but I still thought it was trying to be more consistent and realistic instead of just sentimental and 'after-school-special' which was the vibe I got from most of the earlier eps

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2005 @ 12:39 PM

A disatisfying ending to a show that I found quite disatisfying lately. It would've been better to go the full-out romantic version and have Jack (or Sue) take advantage of the fact that they weren't working together anymore.

I did get a kick out Miles, of all people, bringing up the Jack/Sue chemistry. Too bad that they'd been relegating Miles to the comic relief subplots lately.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2005 @ 2:36 PM

I just watched an episode last night which I'm pretty sure was a repeat since ya'll are saying the show is finished and b/c I think I've actually seen parts of this ep before (Jack's old partner on killing spree, Levi getting his picture taken), but anyway, the ep left me wondering who I thought was cuter, Levi or Jack?

Maybe if I got to see Jack dressed up in all the outfits they put Levi in I could make a better decision. Especially the pirate and king outfits. And especially if Jack only wore as much as Levi did. ;)

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 5:24 PM

[resurrects this thread]

If any of you guys are wondering what the cast is up to now, Rick Peters has been doing some guest TV spots. He was in the pilot episode of 'Close to Home' and he was also on the last episode of Veronica Mars and will also be on the next episode and is apparently going to be very important to one of the subplots.

Sadly, no Australian accent though.

zoey1996

zoey1996

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 23, 2005 @ 1:33 PM

Monday Nov. 21, PAX ran the first two episodes of this show. I was really pleased, because I hadn't watched it from the beginning, and there was a lot of backstory there that illuminated a lot of things that happened later. Don't know if this'll be a regular on Mondays, but I'd be happy if it was!

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 10:18 AM

PAX has been running reruns everyday at 7pm central. Now that all of my shows have gone to summer hiatus, I've been enjoying watching episodes of Sue Thomas that I've never seen before. The one on Monday and continued on Tuesday where the actor was visiting and there were multiple terror threats around the country involving tanker trucks, a plane, and a ship was actually pretty good.

mk1

mk1

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 1:39 PM

Does anyone know if this show will be re-run or be released on DVD?

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 1:57 PM

I have no idea, mk1, but I wish it would come out on DVD. There are still some episodes I've never seen and I would like the chance to see them. I think if someone put this show out on DVD it would sell well enough. Hasn't the show been dubbed for other countries so there could be a market for it outside of just the U.S.?

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2007 @ 10:35 AM

I think CTV is airing it every afternoon up here. If you're a Canadian fan, seeing the show is easy.

mk1

mk1

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 11:22 AM

I was hunting around for a Sue Thomas FB Eye forum that might have more news on the DVDs...one poster on the The DOC/Sue Thomas FBEye Forum says that they are going to be coming out on DVD. No official announcement, of course, has yet to be made. Amazon Japan has S1 apparently but the price is expensive.

I emailed ION TV yesterday and received this in response from an audience relations coordinator:

May 22nd, 2005, was the last of newly produced episodes of “Sue Thomas F.B.Eye.” Our production partner stopped funding their part of the cost of the shows, therefore we are unable to continue to produce new episodes of these shows. Please be aware that ION Media Networks (formerly Paxson Communications) was still willing to fund its share of the costs. “Sue Thomas F.B.Eye,” which had been running continuously on the network for the last 4 years, has taken a break from the schedule. However, we will continue to feature special “Sue Thomas F.B.Eye” marathons and programming events on the network, allowing “Sue Thomas F.B.Eye” fans to catch their favorite episodes throughout the year. For the latest schedule of upcoming programs, click here www.ionline.tv . Thank you for the feedback. Your comments will be forwarded to our programming department.

Edited by mk1, Apr 25, 2007 @ 11:23 AM.

Sunidesus

Sunidesus

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2007 @ 7:21 PM

I have seen DVD's of the show from Japan I think. But they were ridiculously expensive and the wrong "region". I'm hoping that means there'll be stateside DVD's at some point!

I managed to record all but one episode (for my own use only of course!) and of course the one I missed was one of the episodes with Amanda and I love those episodes!

zoey1996

zoey1996

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 10:36 AM

I ordered the full set - do a search for Sue Thomas FB Eye and then look for Integrity Music. They have a 5-volume set available.

caper24

caper24

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2010 @ 3:17 PM

Here's a convenient link. These folks are legit, they have the actual rights, and this is about the only way to get the series (legally.)