Television Characters as TWoP Recappers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

71 replies to this topic

oncewaslost

oncewaslost

Posted Sep 16, 2005 @ 5:19 PM

Posted in wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by oncewaslost, Sep 16, 2005 @ 5:29 PM.

MetropolisGal

MetropolisGal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2005 @ 11:24 PM

Laira wrote:

I'd like to see anyone from Wolfram and Hart recap Boston Legal or The Practice or whatever it's called now. 

Lindsay: Alan Shore? Yeah, whatever. Call me when you get your hand chopped off by a vampire with delusions of grandeur, and then have your boss give you an evil hand as a replacement, bucko.

Lila: Lori Colson? Bint. Tara Wilson? Slut. Sally Heep? Please! Shirley Schmidt? Keep.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2005 @ 11:44 PM

Actually Lindsay and Lilah tag-teaming on anything would make for a great read.

last minute

last minute

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 7:07 AM

While I'd have loved to see Grace Polk recap a show, I think (former) Sister Lilly would do a nice job. I'm sure she'd have some lovely things to say about Seventh Heaven.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

A Max and Sofie recap team would be fun for anything, but Food Network or HGTV stuff would fit. Then again, Max taking on reality shows, like Big Brother, could be hilarious.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 7:34 AM

I think that Todd Manning from OLTL would actually be an excellent TWOP recapper or even WWE wrestler Chris Jericho, even though he actually is snarky in real life. I can actually see either of them taking on anything, and Chris Jericho has been known to comment on American Idol and various other tv shows on his twitter so he's basically snarking already. It's pretty funny.

Brandi Maxxxx

Brandi Maxxxx

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

For some reason, I was thinking of what the cast of Parks and Recreation would be like as recappers:

Leslie would meticulously research everything about the show she was recapping. She would also mention waffles a lot.

Ann would attempt to be snarky but not be very good at it, at which point Leslie would tell her she's beautiful.

Ben would fill his recaps with nerdy references, with Tom making fun of him in the comments section.

Tom of course would dedicate his recaps to commenting on people's outfits. References to '90s R&B music may crop up.

Chris would describe every show he recapped as "literally the best show I have ever seen."

April wouldn't even bother watching the show and just make stuff up.

Ron, if he could actually be bothered to write one, would just state exactly what happened. Maybe including bits of libertarian philosophy where appropriate.

Andy wouldn't want to type up a lot of words and would instead upload videos of himself re-enacting scenes... and end up breaking the computer in the process.

Jerry would recap the wrong show.

Donna's recaps would be X-rated.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Sep 18, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

For some reason I've been imagining recaps written by Joan Holloway of Mad Men. Basically she'd be a lot more observant than anyone expected, though given to some superficial judgments (shrugging off a leading lady as 'not much').

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

Great idea, TudorQueen!

It's an easy choice since his own show always has him narrating recaps, but I think Nolan Ross (Revenge) would be pretty entertaining...

awesometvgal

awesometvgal

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 6:22 PM

Rumplestilskin from Once Upon A Time would be genius recapping The Good Wife.

I think he'd show some real appreciation for Will's courtroom tactics, Kalinda obviously and maybe have sage advice for Peter & Alicia

"Be careful dearies, every deal comes at a price!"

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

Jeff Probst recapping Buffy (or any other show led by strong women).

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Jeff Probst recapping Buffy (or any other show led by strong women).

All I hear are crickets chirping.