Benjamin McKenzie: If James Dean had worked for Fox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5607 replies to this topic

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2007 @ 2:25 PM

I need a Ben fix....it has been way too long since any new Ben sighting/media mention. Yoo-hoo---Ben? Where the hell are you?

Damn, it's gonna be a miserable post-OC.

Mirella

Mirella

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

I need a Ben fix....it has been way too long since any new Ben sighting/media mention. Yoo-hoo---Ben? Where the hell are you?

Damn, it's gonna be a miserable post-OC.

Did you see this? It was posted in the media thread. Maybe it'll help a little...

http://popsugar.com/172671

Edited by Mirella, Mar 23, 2007 @ 3:48 PM.

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2007 @ 7:38 PM

I did see these, Mirella, bless his little toesies... may even have *saved* a few but thank you anyway.

Was that only 10 days ago? It seems like so much longer. (I think I need therapy)

Edited by 60sChic, Mar 23, 2007 @ 7:39 PM.

monnie44

monnie44

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2007 @ 1:46 AM

Was that only 10 days ago?

It was?

.... I could've sworn it was like, four weeks or something.

Holy crap. Ben, needs to get on my TV, like, right now.

DaniMarie82

DaniMarie82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2007 @ 8:27 PM

Was that only 10 days ago? It seems like so much longer. (I think I need therapy)

It does feel like more than 10 days ago. I need more information and pics...stat!

And is the guy with the beer in those pics Donnie from The Outsider? I apologize if this has been mentioned, but I hadn't seen the pics with him before, just the ones of Ben and Adam.

ETA: I just found the answer over on LJ. I somehow missed that post before!

Edited by DaniMarie82, Mar 24, 2007 @ 8:32 PM.

Orcadia

Orcadia

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2007 @ 10:17 AM

I love the pics of Grandad Schenkkan and his family. The family look really close. In this day and age thats a huge achievement.
Got to say that Ben and his Granpa have the same big blue eyes. Nate looks very like Mummy Schenkkan and Zack is a mixture of Ben and Nate.

Well done to Bob Schenkkan for all his work - a fine man.

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2007 @ 7:04 PM

Okay people---we need to come up with a game or something to get y'all posting and talking about Ben here!! I can't go this many days without a dialogue/discussion about my obsession.

Here's something I'm bringing over, credit to cathy at ben support (I hope you don't mind, sweetie---but we need to feed) Ben sighting

Is that the ever-present black suit jacket?

Edited by 60sChic, Apr 4, 2007 @ 7:30 PM.

beachtree

beachtree

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2007 @ 10:37 PM

Well, I'm not feeling very creative at the moment, but while I think about your very decent proposal, chicster, let me thank you sincerely for linking the latest- and much needed- Ben sighting. To carry on your 'feeding' metaphor, this is like going on urban photo safari and seeing the species in his natural habitat- sort of!

As for the jacket, black or navy? It's hard to tell, but he certainly looks fine in it. I don't want to say that the pursuit of employment agrees with him, because I so want/need him back on my TV pronto, but he's definitely a sight for my deprived eyes.

Thanks again for the fix. Now, time for my thinking cap...

DottyScotty

DottyScotty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2007 @ 3:11 AM

Thank you, 60sChic, for posting the link to that wonderful vision! I live in hope that the combination of a seemingly purposeful stride, the phone, the (thankfully) still short and tidy hair, and the casual-but-smart attire means that he may have been on his way to/from a business meeting. Maybe there will be an announcement about a future role very soon?

Edited by DottyScotty, Apr 5, 2007 @ 3:17 AM.

Mirella

Mirella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2007 @ 9:19 AM

That's a pretty sight!

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 4:29 PM

So I just read that 88 Minutes has found distribution in France - credit to vinni.

Is this enough to start a discussion? Come on, guys---let's not let this thread die!

Beanhead

Beanhead

Posted Apr 22, 2007 @ 7:08 PM

doing my best effort to keep it alive with a simple statement: I miss Ben. Lame, but its from my heart.

LoveBen

LoveBen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2007 @ 9:03 PM

60sChic - Thanks for the info. There is also a French website for the film
http://www.88minutes-lefilm.com/
And it looks like its being getting a decent promotion, I hope it would do well.

Beanhead - I miss him too, Probably way more than I should. I can not wait to hear about a new project for him.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of Ben with a fan.
http://community.liv...ort/327604.html
I like it that she wrote that he is so much cuter in real life
how is that even possible ? :)

There are also some really nice pictures of Ben out and about at parc with a new girl.
http://www.ben-mcken...s.php?album=436

There's a very brief video clip of Ben and Adam at Parc in here:
http://www.tmz.com/2...-parc/#comments

Ben was also seen at Kristen's Bell party for the "Invisible Children" organization.
from Instyle.com

Kristen Bell invited friends to toast the efforts of Invisible Children, an organization working to help kids affected by war. Those Hollywood pals included Christina Milian, Benjamin McKenzie, Hayden Panettiere, Milo Ventimiglia and Maggie Grace, who helped the tireless staff enjoy their night off.

Gracious Guest - Benjamin McKenzie was happy to support the cause and give Kristen the thumbs-up on her shindig. ďI did a fundraiser with Invisible Children last fall. Kristen came to that, so thatís how I know her," said McKenzie. "She didnít ask for my advice when planning this, which Iím not going to take offense at. If you want to come over to my house for a barbeque, I'm OK. I can throw meat on the grill, but I donít know how to throw a party!"

There is a picture there too.

Mirella

Mirella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2007 @ 1:22 PM

It's nice to see him out and about and looking great. Thanks for posting all the links. :)

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 1:11 AM

Thank you for helping to keep his face out here, LoveBen. Any and all sightings make my day!

Ah yes...the pictures at Parc...the girl who is almost wearing that dress (shirt?). Maybe it's just the bitch in me, but it doesn't seem that Ben has his hand interlaced with hers at all. Or perhaps that's just his natural aversion to PDA.

Lucky (and pretty) girl in the other pics. I can't help thinking I've seen her somewhere on TV or in print before.

finlee

finlee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 5:08 AM

Ben and Adam in NYC! Page Six of the NY Post is reporting a Ben and Adam Brody sighting in NYC. At thier first stop, Tenjune, some stupid model told Adam she loved him in The Pianist. As the were leaving to go to The Gold Bar, they got to see a fist fight.

You can read it at:http://www.nypost.com/seven/04252007/gossip/pagesix/club_odyssey_pagesix_.htmor the full gossip page (it's toward the bottom) at:
http://www.nypost.co...x/pagesix_u.htm

DottyScotty

DottyScotty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 9:42 AM

Thanks you for all the new information. Good to know he hasn't quite disappeared off the face of the earth. But, seriously, isn't it about time Ben found himself a new job! Come on, William Morris Agency! Get a move on!

Edited by DottyScotty, Apr 25, 2007 @ 9:42 AM.

beachtree

beachtree

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 11:27 AM

Thanks for the update, finlee. Nice quiet, uneventful night on the town, huh? Sounds like it's time to head home and back to work! I'm with you, DottyScotty, someone at WMA needs to light a fire...

DottyScotty

DottyScotty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2007 @ 4:21 AM

My knowledge of German is extremely rusty these days, but it appears that Ben may be attending a German TV awards show in Dusseldorf this weekend.

http://www.bravo.de/...99b5223b49c7cc3

ETA: Ben is already in Germany. Small pictures are up at Wenn. I am guessing he may have attended the afterparty for Spiderman 3 which premiered in Berlin last night.

http://photo.wenn.co...ff0b59db5c923fd

Edited by DottyScotty, Apr 26, 2007 @ 7:23 AM.

mel39

mel39

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2007 @ 7:33 PM

Maybe Ben is receiving an award in the "Best performance in a cage" category? And he's in Germany? It is a mere hop across the water to the U.K. where I am sincerely hoping he's auditioning for a West End part! Well, a girl can dream, right?

DottyScotty

DottyScotty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 4:40 AM

I wish Ben would do something in the West End, but unfortunately I think that if he treads the boards anywhere, it'll be Broadway.

Attending a German awards show isn't quite the "future project" announcement that I had in mind, but I suppose we'll have to make do with what we get for the time being.

katwoman76

katwoman76

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 10:34 PM

receiving an award in the "Best performance in a cage" category?

He would totally deserve that one.

But actually he won the golden BRAVO-Otto as best male TV-star.
Guess, you could compare it to something like Teen Choice Awards in the US.
For him to win that is somewhat surprising in a good way considering the fact that The O.C. is not even on air in Germany right now. Season3 has ended months ago and Season 4 will only start in the beginning of June.

mel39

mel39

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 9:42 AM

I have always thought German teenagers were an extremely discerning bunch!

katwoman76

katwoman76

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2007 @ 4:06 PM

discerning bunch? believe me, they are normally anything but that.
other winners of this year's otto like Tokio Hotel *shudder* or GŁlcan are the best proof for that.
Ben's winning is the exception that proves the rule.

DaniMarie82

DaniMarie82

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 2:55 PM

But actually he won the golden BRAVO-Otto as best male TV-star.

I was happy to see some new pics of Ben, and also that he was recognized for his work. He deserves it!

I also had to post here one more time before they close the forum. It's pretty sad because it was here that I met all you wonderful Ben addicts. However, I am glad that we will continue our adoration over at LJ :)

Mirella

Mirella

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 5:08 PM

Is there a discussion forum for this on LJ? Could you link me?

Zbyszko

Zbyszko

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 5:44 PM

Is there a discussion forum for this on LJ? Could you link me?

There is the Ben support group on LJ: http://community.liv...om/ben_support/

60sChic

60sChic

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2007 @ 10:47 PM

Wait, Dani....closing the forum? What did you hear?!!