Roundhouse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

45 replies to this topic

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2005 @ 1:57 AM

It's about time for the seasonal be-moaning of Nick not airing the holiday episode with the Best. Song. Ever. Maybe if we start early, they'll surprise us and actually show it.

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2006 @ 10:37 AM

Mild bump, just to proclaim my RH love and to say that, to this day (at least, what fifteen years later?), whenever I'm out with friends and I leave to go home or somewhere else, instead of saying "Good-bye," I say:

"Reprise the theme song and roll the credits."

Still, to this day, one of my favorite shows ever.

DylanMChadley

DylanMChadley

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 1:34 AM

I neglected to mention in previous posts that Roundhouse was originally intended to last much longer than it did. The creators wanted to use the show as a way of launching new young stars, but the series was cancelled after four seasons because it was Nickelodeon's most expensive show to produce. Even though the props were cheap, the large cast and all that fancy lighting made for a huge budget.

It's too bad, because from what I've heard, there were plans for a fifth season, followed by a national tour (RH was very well suited for live performances), and possibly a sixth season after the tour. There was also supposed to be a "cast album" featuring songs from the show (in fact, I still have a poster of the cast that advertises the album), but it was pulled from release when the show was cancelled. Bummer.

drmka9

drmka9

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 1:56 AM

Wow...I can't believe other people remember this show. I only remember a few sketches (one being the bra-as-glasses so guys will look at your face), but I'm interested in finding tapes of all the seasons, now.

And yes, the theme song to this show is my ringtone. Sad, isn't it?

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jul 24, 2006 @ 9:55 PM

I used to watch Roundhouse on a regular basis, but I can't say that it was one of my favourite Nickelodeon shows (especially live-action). The dancing was good, but it involved the type of music that I've never been a fan of.

Sadly, I can barely remember any of the sketches, which disappoints me. I do remember bits and pieces of the theme song, though.

SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 26, 2006 @ 1:46 AM

OMG, holy wowzers, Roundhouse FTW!

Alright, sorry about the gratuitous use of non-words, but that's how much I loved this show! The incredible writing (of sketches and songs), the great casts, the awesome dancing...what's not to love? In my mind, this show is in the same class as Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life when it comes to Nick shows.

(Insert generic Nickelodeon complaint here.)

snaggle

snaggle

Fanatic

Posted Jul 30, 2006 @ 5:20 PM

I also find it hilariously amusing that two of the guys were in Newsies (def. my guilty pleasure).

Actually 4 of them were in Newsies:

Ivan Dudynsky (Dutchy), Dominic Lucero (Bumlets), David Sidoni (Pie Eater) & Mark David (Specs)

Forgive me I am a confessed Roundhouse & Newsies freak.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 2:27 AM

LOVED this show when I was in middle school. Is it bad that I always thought the guy who played "Dad" was kind of hot? I just went to that awesome fanpage linked on the last page and I...still kind of think he's hot.

I'm not sure if I watched seasons 3 and 4 as much because by that time I was around 14 ish and I think I thought Roundhouse was beneath me, and I had a MUCH more mature obsession with Melrose Place at that point. What the hell did I know?

I would totally buy a DVD collection. Maybe it could be a box set with the complete episodes of "Fifteen". Heh, being a gay 12 year old was fun.

Edited by BML1980, Aug 2, 2006 @ 2:32 AM.

rhfan

rhfan

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 2, 2006 @ 10:17 PM

ok dylanmchadley---post that pic of the RH poster about the cast album!

wow i cant believe this thread is still semi-going lol

there is a new roundhouse forum
http://www.easychair-exp.com/forums

AntsMarching81

AntsMarching81

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

Still patiently waiting for them to release this on DVD... I don't think my VHS tapes will last forever.

CalamityFell

CalamityFell

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 11, 2007 @ 10:31 PM

I think one of my favorite skits was when Dad had to call TV Dads to get advice on how to deal with his son, so they send over Bill Cosby, whose advice is:

"The first thing you do is you say - 'son, the thing about the thing that you don't understand about the thing is what the thing is all about.' Then you make the cute Dad face. D'owwwww! Then you give the child a delicious pudding pop... and then you make the face again. D'owwwww!"

Yaypie

Yaypie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2010 @ 7:01 PM

I remember loving this show, and the theme, and something about Doofy Dog. Can't remember anything else, except drinking cream soda and eating potato chips while watching as a kid.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2011 @ 1:53 PM

Don't know why, started thinking again of this show over the weekend. I had forgotten just how much this show had shoutouts to whatever was going on in pop culture. Still no official DVD, but there appear to be a few episodes on YouTube, and there's a Facebook group now.

One of the camera operators did a behind the scenes season 1 wrap video: part 1, part 2

Edited by cutecouple, Apr 18, 2011 @ 1:53 PM.

Megger

Megger

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

You would think that in today's day and age, we could get some DVDs of this show. I loved it, and would love to have it to show my kids!

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Well, there are still no official DVDs or streams, but there's a nice article about the show: Down at the 'Roundhouse'.

Trip McNeely

Trip McNeely

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Here's an article from 2010 featuring updates on what the former cast members were doing at that time...

howtheylooknow