House Rules

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7 replies to this topic

binkbink

binkbink

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2004 @ 1:20 PM

I drove by Cindy and Bill's house yesterday. It's for sale. Coldwell Banker's Swilley-Hudson branch has the listing. If anyone wants to find out how much they're asking - give them a call.

Edited because I found out that they are asking $199,900. That seems kind of high to me - considering the neighborhood, the location in the neighborhood, the elevation of the house and the lack of a pool. The $/sq ft seems okay, but that price might be tough to get.

Here's what the realtor's recap says:

Experience The Award Winning Home From 'house Rules' National Tv Show. This Quality Home Features Slate Floors, Frieze Carpet And Designer Colors Throughout. Fabulous Kitchen With Innovative Lighting, Granite Counters, Custom Cherry Cabinets & Top-of-the-line Stainless Appliances. Master Bath W/Blown Bubble Glass Double Vessels, Custom Inlaid Tile & Jacuzzi Tub. Lush Landscaping W/Slate Patio. Don't Miss This Opportunity To Own A Real Winner

Edited by binkbink, Jul 29, 2004 @ 7:13 PM.

RitaTome

RitaTome

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2004 @ 5:03 PM

Repeating something from just a few posts back, but since it was posted in 2003....I think I'm safe.
Has anyone heard whether or not they're planning another season of this show?

Brandywine

Brandywine

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 3, 2004 @ 1:16 PM

I e-mailed customer service at Lowe's and asked them about the show. They said they don't have any current plans to rerun the show or create new episode of the show for tv.

Bummer.

RitaTome

RitaTome

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2004 @ 9:17 AM

For those of us missing "House Rules" there is apparently a House Rules type show with Mark Wahlberg called "The Mansion" which is airing on TBS on Saturday mornings. Instead of 3 seperate houses, all of the contestants are working on 1 house. But the premise seems to be very similar in other ways. A room full of tools....people have to do all the work themselves and then are judged...and in this version, one person will win the house.

Edited by RitaTome, Oct 2, 2004 @ 2:42 PM.

choochi

choochi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2004 @ 4:22 PM

Looks like the first episode aired this morning.

Info from TBS

Edited by choochi, Oct 2, 2004 @ 4:24 PM.

Shelly98

Shelly98

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 11:16 PM

Apparently The Mansion is airing Saturday mornings at 10.

I loved House Rules. Le sigh. But since when did Marky-Mark host? ;)

RitaTome

RitaTome

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 9:02 AM

I loved House Rules. Le sigh. But since when did Marky-Mark host? ;)

Did I spell the host's name wrong? I know you're joking, but now you've got me wondering....
Mark.....Wahlberg? Walberg? Walburg?

I saw the first episode Saturday, and it's not "House Rules" but it's pretty close.

choochi

choochi

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 11:07 AM

No, RitaTome, you didn't spell it wrong. I think Mark L. (or some other initial) Wahlberg is the cheesy reality show host. He hosted Temptation Island way back when (shut up! I only watched it once, I swear).