Star Wars: The Clone Wars

• Please log in to reply

966 replies to this topic

skyegazer

skyegazer

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:14 PM

ONLY 5 MINUTES!!?? That can't be right? This sunday it'll finally air in Canada (on teletoon). The ad said it airs at 8:30 with Aqua teen something? airing at 8:45. So I thought it'd be 15 minutes long. Not 5 meezley little minutes ;(

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

Short summaries are out for the first three episodes coming in Spring, I guess these would chapters 11, 12 and 13.

Schwartzvald

Schwartzvald

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 3:07 PM

So when is "Clone Wars" coming back, exactly?

Isca

Isca

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:07 PM

I like the shortness, because watching a few half hour of this would KILL ME. Then again, I also find Samurai Jack deathly boring and poorly done. Aside from one or two episodes.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

I'm thinking they resume in April.

Schwartzvald

Schwartzvald

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

Very fine. I'm actually looking forward to the 1/2-hour format; I think it will be much more conducive to complicated plots and extended story arcs. However, I hope that they do notgo the way of "Yu-Gi-Oh!" (So. much. talking. can we fight now?).

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 3:04 PM

According to Comics Continuum, SW:Clone Wars returns Friday 3/26 thru Thursday 4/8.

Scroll down to the "Briefly" section.

Edited by roosterboy, Jan 30, 2004 @ 3:05 PM.

skyegazer

skyegazer

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 11:49 AM

I take back everything I siad. This show rules. The animations alot better than I though it'd be. I like the Light saber fights, more than the Space ship ones. That Fish guy was pretty cool and so was the bald chick. We need more of that and less space ship crap.

Very fine. I'm actually looking forward to the 1/2-hour format; I think it will be much more conducive to complicated plots and extended story arcs.

Jigga what? this shows gonna be a half hour? Or are they just gonna show the same old episodes, but back-to-back?

I agree about Samurai Jack, being borring. The fight scenes are great. But, I can't watch a show about just one guy. That's why i never got into Samurai X.

Schwartzvald

Schwartzvald

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 12:08 PM

Oops; my bad. They're sticking with the original 5-minute segment format. I guess I just assumed that new, 30-minute eps were forthcoming. When, oh when am I going to realize not to expect too much from the "new and improved" Star Wars genre? And where's Steven Spielberg when you really need him?

Edited by Schwartzvald, Feb 2, 2004 @ 12:09 PM.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 11:10 PM

And where's Steven Spielberg when you really need him?

Thankfully, staying as far away as he can from his friend's playground. He knows this isn't the kind of thing you can work well with George on.

Plus? He's at once too good for Star Wars and all wrong for it.

As for the confusion... where did you hear 30 minute episodes were forthcoming? CN, Genndy, and LucasFilm have all been pretty straightforward on the 5-minute aspect for all 20 episodes, though rumors abound that some *other* TV projects are in the works.

Schwartzvald

Schwartzvald

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

I didn't hear anything, other than it was coming back with new stuff; I just *assumed* they were going to 1/2-hour eps. Note to self: never assume.

Edited by Schwartzvald, Feb 3, 2004 @ 12:24 PM.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2004 @ 4:34 PM

Information on the new baddie to be introduced in episode 20 who will play a large part in Episode III.

New episodes start March 26, so less than 5 weeks now.

Schwartzvald

Schwartzvald

Posted Mar 23, 2004 @ 1:50 PM

We're only a few days away, now; too bad they're sticking with the whole "micro-series" thing. This show would be a lot better if they went to the 1/2 hour format, but I understand. This is the "new and improved Star Wars" genre, where it's a crime to actually make sense.

Ebongreen

Ebongreen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2004 @ 2:06 PM

Frightening though it may be, IMO the micro-series is a hell of a lot better than either of the last two movies in every way, shape, and form. I could quibble about the format of 5 minute chunks, but I'd rather be interested and/or excited for 5 minutes at a time than bored off my ass for two or three hours straight.

In five minutes, every second counts - Cartoon Network knows this and has made good use of their allotted time. Certain movie writers/editors/directors/producers seem to have forgotten that the same maxim about "every second counts" applies to features as well.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

Still like the new movies, still like the micro-series. But it struck me that in the exchange between Obi-Wan and Anakin, we had more character moments in 30 seconds than we've really had in the entire run thus far.

"I have you now." Hee.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2004 @ 2:48 AM

Completely forgot. Stupid, stupid "Wonderfalls." When will the chapter reair?

ciscokidinsf

ciscokidinsf

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2004 @ 12:21 PM

Cool! Glad they re-ran episodes 1-10 before the new one. Yeah, the hosts are annoying but I liked the whole 'memorabilia show' though. The show didn't flow as well as I expected when they played the episodes one after another, but it gets better from episode 7-11

Word! that you can see how Anakin's punk ass is disrespectful to Obi Wan in just a few seconds. The new episode was predictable though.

After 11 episodes on this micro-series, still, Kit Fisto's the coolest Jedi I've seen... and that includes master Yoda.

Mace Windu is fighting in the preview.

SideshowJed

SideshowJed

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2004 @ 3:36 PM

The episodes are up a day later on CN' Clone Wars site, Lantern7. Which is good, since I missed it too.

Anakin? As an nice guy named Ackbar will one day say, "It's a trap!"

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2004 @ 3:53 PM

Lantern7, I too was watching Wonderfalls and missed the new chapter, but have no fear, you can watch it on Cartoon Network's website. They always have the latest chapter available for viewing the day after it airs.
Also, don't know if this has been mentioned or not but on the website, you can listen to Tartovsky(sp?) commentary on Chapters 1-10.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2004 @ 1:21 PM

After 11 episodes on this micro-series, still, Kit Fisto's the coolest Jedi I've seen... and that includes master Yoda.

WORD.

I love how Anakin's not the brightest bulb around. You would think his Jedit training would have included gee, I don't know, TRAPS.

skyegazer

skyegazer

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2004 @ 2:44 PM

LAST EP ROCKED SO HARD. Man, that was some fight. I was so tired of watching Spaceshipe/Robots/Storm troopers shoot eachother. I've always preferd watching sword fights to shoot outs.

Do Jedi's have super speed or something? Whatever, Mase is even cooler than that Fish guy. I guess Mase, or any other Jedi, wouldn't really need a damn Light Saber if he can kill buy waving his hand.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2004 @ 7:23 AM

George Lucas could take some lessons from Clone Wars. There was only a line or two of dialogue last night (I think "fire at will" and "roger, roger" was all I heard) and the chapter STILL rocked. And I liked how the small boy was a witness to the battle. Awesome chapter all around.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2004 @ 9:10 PM

Someone needs to whip Lucas Licensing back into shape though; this episode and KOTOR share a common view of Dantooine, but both are in opposition to the novels, which depict Dantooine in similar landscapes but peopled by primitives who are inclined to view AT-ATs levelling a hidden Rebel base as weapons of gods, not by homesteaders and farmers who at least have an inkling about FTL starships and a galactic Republic.

I mean, none of this is canon, so it's not a major point, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it (even if it was canon). But up until recently, they'd done a pretty fair job of keeping the various "facts" straight in the different licenses, but since Episode II, it seems like they aren't even trying anymore.

That said, a comment on the episode: I love that the earth-smasher is so obviously a first step towards Sidious/Palpatine's dependence on bigger and badder WMDs.

Edited by Harrison Fjord, Mar 30, 2004 @ 9:12 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2004 @ 9:11 PM

Sorry...was distracted by Mace Windu going Tetsuo on all the machines. Was anybody else mutter Samuel L. Jackson lines as Mace kicked some metal ass?

ciscokidinsf

ciscokidinsf

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2004 @ 9:42 PM

Mace Windu was cool. (Not Kit Fisto cool, but close) He was bad-ass. Plus also mastered the very jedi art of making your cloak do all the right moves.

hey Fjord, I'm confused, I thought Clone Wars was semi-canon at the very least, right? It is not just a flight of fancy, right? Plus the characters are fairly close to the movies. That's one of the reasons I am watching.

You know, the editing has been so good, so far, that I actually want more dialogue, not less.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2004 @ 7:23 AM

...was distracted by Mace Windu going Tetsuo on all the machines. Was anybody else mutter Samuel L. Jackson lines as Mace kicked some metal ass?

As was I. I actually said, aloud, "you are a bad ass, Samuel Jackson" as Mace was doing his thing.

Did anybody else get a flashback to the famous Mean Joe Greene Pepsi commercial when Mace accepted the small boy's water container? :-)

dbrugg

dbrugg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2004 @ 4:19 PM

Did anybody else get a flashback to the famous Mean Joe Greene Pepsi commercial when Mace accepted the small boy's water container? :-)

According to Tartakovsky's commentary for Chapter 13, someone on staff pointed out the similarities, but it wasn't intended to be an homage.

If Sam Jackson's watching these, I'd think he'd be mighty pleased.

ciscokidinsf

ciscokidinsf

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2004 @ 11:35 AM

Dude!! Kick Ass, master Yoda did. To save the 2 Jedi Chicks, he went.

Good to see him back in action, even though I was expecting even more from him.

Man, that was a good episode, plus, finally, some dialogue. And Amidala with normal hair is less annoying for some reason.

I hope he gets another fight before the end of season 2... I want Kit Fisto back too!

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2004 @ 12:51 PM

Man, that was a good episode, plus, finally, some dialogue.

Word! And not just dialogue, but non-annoying Lucas dialogue. Kit Fisto returning to season 2 would make my day! :-)

I hope CN airs season 2 in marathon like it did season 1...

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2004 @ 2:08 PM

Yeah...I've missed two episodes already. Any chance they could team Mace and Yoda? They're the coolest Jedis so far. Must be fun to be Yoda...you're a ventriloquist, and everybody's your dummy.