Ryan's Hope

• Please log in to reply

9213 replies to this topic

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Yeah Trish, I don't want RH 2 pages back either. It's been quite a while since we've gotten any new episodes. About the last few episodes we did get - how could Jack not have announced himself as Ryan's father when Miriam was trash talking in the park? It was on the tip of his tongue but he just couldn't let it out. Maeve ought to rip into him for that instead of giggling and saying her plan was working. And that advice that the psychiatrist gave Pat about Delia was terrible, talk about enabling someone.

So, who out there still has SoapNet? I do - TG! I hope it's staying. I like being able to come home and see Y&R at night. I've even gotten into the 5 and 6am showings of OLTL while I'm getting ready for work.

Episode 586 is you-know-where. I still haven't learned how to link the episodes here. I couldn't find 585 over there, even though there were comments.

Edited by lencidoll, Apr 1, 2012 @ 7:14 PM.

whisper

whisper

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Episode 585

Episode 586

bonvoyage

bonvoyage

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Yeah, new episodes ;o} I have to wonder why Mary had to stay until closing - in a completely empty bar! Roger's gone ahead and done it this time LOL!

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

(585)

I had hopes that today would be the debut of DHK, but no, Andy is still playing Frank and to his credit he doesn’t look all that bored. He visits Rae who is anxiously awaiting news of Bill’s risky surgery being performed by that perfectionist Dr. Roger Coleridge. She has this giant plant (non-cannabis as far as I can tell) in her room that later makes it’s way over to the convent at St. Al’s.

After Rae mentions that bilingual paraprofessional Alicia, Frank begins to tell her about Angel and just as I’m wondering if he’ll bring up Pat and his malpractice lawsuit, he without thinking says ‘brain damage.’ Rae’s eyeballs popped out of her skull as he finally realizes his faux pas. He starts to tell Rae that at least it wasn’t his brother Pat operating, when in walks our star surgeon himself. Roger begins to explain that it wasn’t all good, but at least Bill will be alive and able to move his head when he screams for his colostomy bag re-tool. Rae’s not going for it. Bill has to run a newspaper and the Senate and he’s got so much work to do, if he can’t shit on his own, he’d rather be dead – heck, Rae would rather he be dead too b/c let’s face it, she wasn’t put on this earth to wipe anyone’s ass. Roger then goes into talk of a coronary incident and myocardial infarctions and blood clots and such, and to this good news Rae screams HE’LL BEG TO DIE, BEG I TELL YOU. Frank is wondering if now is the time to fill Rae in on Seneca’s past legal history, you know, the plug pulling part, thinking that double jeopardy wouldn’t apply at all…..and I bet Seneca would completely understand and intuit Bill’s genuine desire to die rather than have his ass wiped.

J’hole visits Sr. M.J. at the convent of the giant non-cannabis plant, to bitch about Miriam. I got to thinking that you gotta feel for Miriam. No wonder she was reluctant to get mixed up with Maeve’s evil plan to prove to J’hole that he’s Da material. She asking Miriam to basically admit to being a child abuser (wanting to slap the J’hole out of Ryan) which is how this woman makes her livelihood . I think Maeve has some nerve asking her to risk her reputation like that.

But Sr. M.J. is so impressed with Mary’s wonderful mothering skills (after 6-7 months) she trusts her judgment implicitly (enough to pound that truth home with her index finger while she tries to remember the rest of her lines). J’hole is even more outraged now, but beats a hasty retreat when Sr. M.J. threatens to speak the dreaded word more feared by J’hole than……oh, she says it anyway ‘responsibility.’

Rut Roh – back at Riverside, Roger is checking up on Pat and notices that he signed out at 4:30 (20 minutes ago), but this funky signature here on this patient file causes Roger to accuse Bucky of forgery to which Justin Deas gets his best lines in months lecturing Roger on ‘Rules? You telling ME about breaking rules and codes and laws and guilt? I don’t need advice about guilt, if I need any information about arrogance or tyranny, you’ll be the first person I call b/c you are THE expert!’ Now Roger is screaming for Pat’s head on a platter (while he’s home probably getting some on the round bed)! Pat’s gonna pay for this insolence, he is to report his every waking move to Roger!!

Back to Frank and Rae where Rae knows she should be grateful for Bill’s life, but she’s not like that – she needs her husband to be politically viable in addition to being able to walk, talk and shit on his own. Although, that might just make Bill the perfect candidate for the molding of my political ambitions Rae thinks in that way she has of being completely honest with herself, to herself. In voice-over of course. I’m sorry Frank, I feel that Bill’s dead already, he’s not the Bill I fell in love with and I don’t know who he is or what to do with him. I’m not the nurse type Frank, unless we’re talking Sexy Halloween costumes. As she’s speaking she sits down on her sofa – her sofa? Where’s the bed? What did she do, move in an entire window from Macy’s? Next to the sofa is that giant non-cannabis plant which shows up in the parting shot now back at the Convent of Perpetual Virgins.

The plant budget on this show must have been $1.98.

I also still have Soapnet - I had forgotten about the OL reruns - watching one now. I recently saw the guy who plays Miles Lawrence and it took me so long to place him. I'm hoping GH is at least given another year with the new EP and HW and from what I'm reading Katie Couric doesn't want angry soap fans boycotting her silly new show so she might be instrumental in getting GH moved to 2 eastern so she can take the 3 slot. Why the hell can't she just go on at 4 - it worked for Oprah for 25 freakin years, I'll never know.

The last I read about SN they were making a slow transition to kiddie fare - yeah, it seems there are millions of sleepless infants out there who want another Disney channel to broadcast 24 hours a day. The suits at ABCd are absolute idiots.

I don't know why some rich media mogul out there doesn't see the wisdom of coming to the aid of a ready-made audience in the millions and create a home on cable for all soaps to go to eventually. Sure, cut the budgets, pattern it after the online soaps where a lot of these actors are now. They seem to film at someone's house all the time, it's got to be cheaper.

Facebook is a wonderful thing for mobilizing people to a cause and I think it's obvious that the boycott has worked with the Revulsion, but again, the suits aren't thinking quality, only cheap and even if they have to pay people to be in the audience, it's still cheaper than Maurice Benard's weekly hair oil budget.

Edited by Catmama, Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:39 AM.

fortesmtng

fortesmtng

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

The plant budget on this show must have been $1.98.

In 2012 dollars, yes.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:06 AM

(586)

That spikey plant had made its’ way into Seneca’s office now. It occurs to me that a perfect way to install audio surveillance on anyone in Riverside is merely to bug one or both of the town’s plants.

Seneca wasn’t nearly as outraged as Roger thought he should be at Pat’s leaving 20 minutes early and he even mutters something that sounds like ‘I don’t think turning around, running tails on Pat is…..’

But, Roger can’t wait for the facts to come out, the Medical Board and Marshall must be informed immediately that Pat went home 20 minutes early without written permission from Dr. Roger Coleridge, MD, and now he’s managed to report his own sister. (Why didn’t Faith just sign her name – she’s an MD too.) So Roger, how does it feel to report your sister to the Medical Board? (Whaaaa whaaaa).

Mary and Kevin were giggling so much I wondered what off color Irish joke he told her just before the camera rolled. She looked so Victorian with her bun and high ruffled collars. Tom comes strolling in full of grimacing smiles and proceeds to trick Mary into tossing pretzel crumbs on the floor which she later makes him clean up. A goofy scene primarily to introduce us to the concept of Tom and Faith – (which can only mean a Fenelli reunion is coming up - ugh). There was an awkward pause here where Mary jumped in with ‘Oh yes I would’ as if Tom had actually said ‘you wouldn’t dare.’ I think he flubbed his cue. Later at about 16:00 in, we catch Tom glancing off camera for a second until he realizes that little red light is on him. I have to say that watching them unload fragrant fresh market pushcarts full of flowers at midnight, and having a late supper somewhere sounded kind of nice. As long as David Berkowicz is still in custody.

Episode 587

Episode 588

scott16

scott16

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:32 AM

Yeah I too noticed Tom flubbed his lines and Mary finally answered him as if he had said them,
and I also noticed Tom just swept the crumbs underneath the bar instead of picking them up.

Bill and Rae Woodard kind of remind me of this TV commercial
(Maybe Rae should get Bill to watch more sports on TV?).:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pCHSO-qji5c

Edited by scott16, Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:23 AM.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

That was great! I loved the commercial. Thanks for posting it.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

(589 – 590)

“Whadda youse wants from me Giovanni???” Jumbo is pretending not to be so interested in the fact that J’hole is all fired up about Ryan’s babysitter slapping her, knowing he’s going to run and tell someone all about it – Mary, Maeve, I’m not sure if he’s in on the whole scam now, but he seemed to be acting too cool about it.

Frank: “Mrs. Woodard is a class act Jack, generally speaking!” That’s more true than you know Frankie boy.

Pot plant now in Tom’s office. Seneca likes to share the skunk.

Alicia, demonstrating her future efficiency as Rae’s right hand (until her conscience gets the best of her – see ‘generally speaking’ remark above) recommends Rae ‘Ditch the wine bucket before the press gets here!’ Very astute.

So Mary is going away for the weekend to that most romantic of places, Williamsburg, VA. I wonder if Tom’s thinking of catching a bus with Riverside Elementary on their field trip. I’ve been to Williamsburg, it’s a great place if you’re into history (which I am), but I can’t imagine what Tom thinks to amuse Mary with unless learning how to drip candles plays into some nasty little fantasy he has for later that night. (Tom doesn’t know that Mary is packing a Republican aspirin to hold b/t her knees).

Dee, getting off the elevator on the 6th floor, spies Clem and immediately goes into her mental illness pose - the hurt little girl face, framed with clutched hands tightly gripping the wide lapels of her raincoat. At first I thought Clem is immune to her until he leads her over to the waiting area (where the pot plant is now seated) to persuade her in a gentle voice to snap the hell out of it. Dee is hammering away on how Faith is a femme fatale for Patty, the personification of the evil seducer of men that all non-catholic women are or so she’s been told, when Roger approaches and Clem wisely seizes that time to beat feet out of there. Is Clem suckered by Dee? I don’t think he’s even sure about her. Something about the face she was making…..here…..LMAO.

Dee partakes of some Seneca Skunk or so it seemed as she tried to explain the Trinity to someone, anyone.

Dee breaks cover long enough to tell Roger to butt out, but he’s not laughing anymore. This is no longer funny Dee, faking mental illness to fuck with Pat Ryan is no longer as amusing as it used to be. He’s no longer her friend, confident or co-conspirator – he’s off to propose Peking Duck and copious amounts of alcohol to a woman with real power, who doesn’t have to stoop to faking mental illness to get what she wants. (Although it was a little strange to see a Rae pre-power. She’s got to run everything by Bill at this time).

Forgot to mention we got our first look at Polly Purebread or Longfellow or Longworth – one of those last week. (Earl (Bob Reid) RL wife. Deanie you still out there?)

Sr. Joe (I guess it’s supposed to be Joel, but no one pronounces that L at all) is cutting peeled carrots with Maeve and talking when she brings up who babysits Ryan most days to which Maeve gets the biggest secret smile on her face – her nasty little scheme is working (how does she know Joe hasn’t informed the entire neighborhood that Miriam George is a child abuser by now) – J’hole is beside himself with genuine worry and Maeve is giggling and grinning like Cheshire cat. They agree that J’hole needs to suffer a bit longer just to ram home to him that Mary can’t take care of her own kid properly. Joe then scoops up a handful of carrots, dumps them in the pot and runs out to the bar to rub her hands all over Mary’s face LOL! Mary then asks her mother to yet again baby sit her kid while she goes to Williamsburg with a man not her husband (as friends mind you – we’re sleeping in the same bed Ma, with one of those Amish boards between us and plenty of Anicin! It’ll be fun Tom says!) Ma, knowing her lass, is worried that Meredy might let Tom see her in her Chemmy (chemise), as Scarlett used to say, and then her whole plan will be shot to hell. What man would want a woman who isn’t a pure virgin now?? Unless he’s been there before, of course.

I wonder if Ryan’s smells of stale beer and old fish fry grease. Not that that’s a bad smell – just a taverny type of smell that I remember from my youth and those 5 years I spent tending bar and waitressing in a couple of places like Ryan's. I bet they have those hat clips on the wall too – where the gentlemen used to put their hats back in the 40’s and 50’s in bars and in church too, when men used to wear them.

Phil, where the hell are yoooooo? Check in – I miss your biting sarcastic wit!

Happy Dyngus Day everyone!

(Anyone else not liking this new TWoP format?)

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

The linking is tougher now, for some reason.

I don't watch these episodes, as I just didn't care for RH at this time, but I appreciate your recaps and I hope you know you're not in an echo.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

I'd like to know why everyone's screen name is cut off. On my computer they show up cut in half. Excellent "looney tunes" from Delia in those last few episodes. I'm glad it backfired and she got locked-up. I got a kick out of seeing Polly Longworth, I had no idea what to expect. If Deanie is still out there, no offense, but she seems kind of old for Bob/Earl. BTW, isn't it supposed to be the end of the summer? Why are Rae and Polly both wearing those ridiculous gloves? Is skunkhead Tom going to pay for two hotel rooms? Or will he get one with two beds and try to get into Mary's bed? Other than going to the "all night flower market" and a dinner or two, it doesn't seem like Tom really took Mary out on any dates. I also noticed there was some different music in the background when Tom & Mary were kissing or daydreaming.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Thanks Steve! I find the linking a bit more problematic too, but no names are cut off on my screen.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

There are some new episodes posted, up to 599. When I can watch them, I'll be back with some snark!

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:40 AM

Judy has her own YT channel here. I'm up to 593 where we are treated to Alicia sucking face with Bob. It's tough to take, but it's the only time the poor slob gets any so appreciate it.

Your're gonne love this..Found this on FB - Get your Jack On! Won't crack or peel when ironed!

(594-595)

Oh I pityy-Paddy too! Those career eating ‘LETTERS OF REPRIMAND’ and now he’s got two of them in his file – they might as well have fired him b/c he’ll never get a job as good as this one! Well Faith, at least he still has a paycheck, if they had fired him, well, he wouldn’t be getting a paycheck! What do I expect from the doctor who blames Pat's troubles on a woman who has just been institutionalized for a (or 3) mental disorder(s). She was the one who forged Pat’s signature, but somehow all this is Dee’s fault.

Oh I pitty-Paddy three – because it actually is Dee’s fault! I felt for her for about a second until I remembered she put all of this in motion with Roger’s help – speaking of Roger – it was nice of him to visit her down in the dank, damp hospital basement where the Psyche Ward of Riverside seems to be located (actually I thought that was a nice touch – it helped set the mood). Sure, Dee’s getting what she deserves, but she is lucky to have Roger to be honest with, but what the hell was he bitching to her about how much trouble she caused him with her attack of the crazies when he coached her on the entire thing! But typical Roger, it’s no longer funny when it bites him in the ass.

Back to Paddy’s problem, today I realized that basically Pat married Dee not only to father her child, but to father her. He did it to make her happy, give her love and support and structure! Just like a daddy should. There was lots of background noise in the bar during this round table scene (hey, Mary and Tom had a round table too). Kevin walking, people clinking stuff. Like they had the floor micked.

Al Pagano said you can’t put a label on Dee. She’s Hysteric or Schizophrenic or Paranoid (or Pathetic) or all three!!! All Pat knows is Dee is sick (and the audience knowing what it knows, fully agrees).

Mary and The Grimace staying at the Fireplace Inn. I wondered if that was going to be the only set for the trip to Williamsburg, but no later she goes ‘upstairs’ with him – eeew at the picture in my mind at that moment. Apparently there are no trees in Ireland that turn shades of yellow and red b/c Tom is so mightily impressed by it all he lets slip that he’s from County Clare now, a place called ‘The Burn’ (I suddenly flashed on Ashton Kutcher’s Kelso-face from That 70’s Show, lol) 40 square miles W. of Galway*. Mary squeals ‘I wanna go to Ireland’ (and of course, she will). It sounded kind of funny to me when Tom told Mary he loved her. Funny and obsessive and scary kinda ‘Unconscious-faith-in-a-row-boat’ kind of scary.

I did like that separate but almost-in-the same-bed scene later with Mary and Tom – until I realized they were going to go over the same friggen scene full of the same friggen dialog that just occurred between these two – SNORE! Tom to Mary: “I do love you, you know.’ Mary to Tom: “Yes….I love you……you are my…..f..r..i..e..n…d. You can almost hear the disappointment in Tom’s voice as he says ‘That’s really what it is then Mary, isn’t it? (Yep, she’s still got it for the Fenelli brand of Italian Sausage). “You are not ready to make a commitment to me, are you, even though you know my real surname, but I cannot tell you why I’m banned for life from me native land….……..fade back to Mary squirming in her bed as she tosses back the covers to run to his room and pound on Tom’s door to the strands of a lyrical Irish Flute that plays ‘Tom de-flowers Mary, Suite #69.’ Camera focuses on the little posy as it fell from Mary’s ear…….(well it should have.)

*(Probably said ‘Barna’ which a check of Google tells me is W of Galway).

Edited by Catmama, Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:16 AM.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

And, the award for best acting goes to Jack's teeth, tongue and eyeball, as seen through the peephole in the basement door. So, after Jack is done shrieking Mary mentions there is a bathtub down there that was used for gin making. Whew! Does that mean there's a toilet down there too? Or will they just pee in the bathtub when that chianti kicks in? So, Tom Desmond is suddenly a Mary/Jack cheerleader? He must have changed his mind a few episodes back when Mary was barking orders at him to have sex with her on their otherwise boring trip to VA.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

600-603
Blob needs a good wash, cut and set – his hair looks like he hasn’t washed it in days and it’s much too long, even for ’77.

LMAO at Alicia giving CPR to Bill Woodard – the way she’s pumping on his stomach, bouncing up and down cracked me up.

Vote for Rank Fryin’! Oh just a silly error by the printer says the pimply faced boy. Either the printer can’t read or he’s as impressed with Frank as we are.

I think we get our first glimpse of Official Caftan #1 from Rae came today. I wonder if Wesley Addy was let go or if he wanted to leave the show. I usually can’t wait until he’s gone so Rae can get down to the business of being Frank’s Kingmaker.

I enjoyed Rae having a little brandy with Roger back at his garden apartment (which has been furnished very expensively according to Rae). They discuss Roger’s 4x Great Grandfather Seton Ford Coleridge, Revolutionary war hero/surgeon at Valley Forge. According to Rog, he shoveled snow and probably some shit for George Washington and Co. Roger isn’t quite so altruistic he admits. I always wondered about that painting. Roger says “my father gave me that portrait, in the hopes that I would emulate his virtues."
Rae: "And have you done so?"
Roger: "I'm afraid I'm an unworthy descendant, but Seton's wonderful company. He observes all and keeps his mouth shut."
Well Roger, there is usually much to observe.

Episode 602 ends with J’hole sitting at the bar waiting for Frank with Maeve behind it and Blob sitting there being his usual blobby self (and this time he washed his hair but is now partial to looking like the Dutch Paint kid.) with a few extras as patrons and Episode 603 begins with J’hole walking into the bar with Maeve coming out to greet him at the door with no one in sight except Blobby Barstool. This was supposed to be a continuation of the scene from one day to the other.

Mary’s Channel R big interview of Councilman Ryan was a scant 2 minutes of fluff if you ask me. And why Channel R? Cable isn’t that big that everyone in Riverside has it yet. Francis is preaching to the Ryan Choir, basically. Not that he didn’t get re-elected as you know, even though he basically said he’s going to ditch the whole city council schtickt to run for higher office just as soon as Bill Woodard kicks it and he can get all snuggly with Rae and one of her caftans.

Ahhh… the stuff I’ve been waiting for – Mary and J’hole bitching back and forth for what seems like days upon days (but only lasted one night I’d say or both would be dead) in the store room with Maeve’s boxes of provisions. Did she happen to pack a port-o-pottie too? Some Charmin? I can’t imagine there is another toilet down there in the store room. Maeve if you wanted to assure some success down here, remove the number 13 from the wall – just for good vibes you know. When J’hole kicked the door, the whole set almost came down.

And, the award for best acting goes to Jack's teeth, tongue and eyeball, as seen through the peephole in the basement door.

LOL, hope the reality is as good as the visual Lenci.

I thought it even odder that Tom Desmond and Faith are suddenly being talked about as if they've even had time to get to know each other - I mean Desmond just tried getting into Mary's pants last weekend and Maeve and Blobby have the two of them married and sailing down a river in a canoe already.

LOL - from Ryan's Bar Online

Maeve, coming into the bar from the kitchen, to Johnny and Tom: "I have big news, gentleman: Fenelli's come out of the closet!"

Johnny drops a tray of drinks.

Maeve: "Oh, John, the cat - the cat, Fenelli. You know, the one that's been...Jack's cat...living in Mary's closet. Oh, dear, I'll get a broom."

OMG J'hole's teeth, mouth and incredibly annoying scream. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen on a soap! Why Mary didn't take a lead pipe to him after that I can't fathom.

Didn't Seneca say the Board was releasing $175,000 for Paraprofessionals? Later Jill tells Frank $125,000. Hmmmm, I wonder if she's in charge of filing that particular paperwork?

"You know the world is not full of little babies called Ryan!" (Well not yet anyway!)

"Basically Ryan eats what we eat!" I have no frame of reference but shouldn't she be eating baby food? I thought there were digestion issues.

Edited by Catmama, May 2, 2012 @ 12:54 PM.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

Thanks again for the time you take to write the episodes up.

Some articles in the last few pages of this thread, including a new interview (2011 or 2012) with the guy who played Patrick in 1982.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Filthy Feet Alert! Episode 612 at 11:24 - Rae's filthy feet in Roger's lap. She's wearing pantyhose and I can't decide if the pantyhose are filthy or if the filth on her feet shows through the pantyhose.

Update: The Green Blanket makes an appearance in episode 613, wrapped around Rae as she reclines on Roger's wooly mamouth pillow. They had sex! It was so good, the audience can see Rae's flesh colored body suit as Rog very obviously pulls the covers further up on Rae.

Even more entertaing is episode 614, Delia spends the entire episode deliberately keeping Pat up all night by insisting she wants to eat at Greenberg's Deli, have coffee and see a movie. It turns out to be a dirty movie that Pat sleeps through. Didn't they post XXX on the marquis? This sounds like a case for Councilman Ryan, get him to shut down the smut house! You know it's a dirty movie because Delia's eyes are bulging out, tawdry music is playing, she's leaning forward saying, "OMG!", the only other patron is smoking a cigi and presumably playing with himself. Later, back at the apartment, inspired by the "Cowboy" movie, Delia also comments "they were all wearing cowboy hats" (and presumably nothing else), Delia gets her sexy on and jumps Pat's joystick! Like a dog who doesn't learn his lesson, Pat goes for it and is grumpy and tired in the morning.

Edited by lencidoll, May 8, 2012 @ 6:15 PM.

scott16

scott16

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

Also funny is how many times people who are supposed to know the Woodards for years
say Woodward instead of Woodard, even Royal did it a few times and he's supposed to have been working for them for 20 years, there's a cocktail party in episode 621 where almost everyone says woodward instead of woodard.

Also the guy who played Royal is either not a very good actor or they only gave him 10 minutes to learn his lines
b.c he flubs his lines a lot, he looks the part (of a lackey for a CEO back in the 1970s) but his acting isn't so good.

Edited by scott16, May 9, 2012 @ 2:36 PM.

may2

may2

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

No 620.

scott16

scott16

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

This 70s Cigarette commercial looks like a trailer for the movie (The Cowboy) that Pat and Delia saw .:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K5peqDeQG1Q

I've been falling way behind b.c the woman who posts the videos is posting them 5 or 10 at a time now
(wish she would just post 3 at a time a couple times a week) that would be so much easier for me.

I'm up to Episode 624 now, Since Mary and Jack are going to Ireland I guess there's only a few more episodes with KM as Mary, it's too bad they didn't bring back the actress who played Mary when Kate was Pregnant (I think she was much better than the later Marys were).

Edited by scott16, May 10, 2012 @ 5:47 PM.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

(611) Kevin you look like a cross between your own mother and Mickey Rooney! LMAO, how’s that for an insult!!

For a minute there with all the salt shakers on the bar, I thought Jumbo might tweak the head on his beer by tossing a bit of salt in it like my dad used to do.

LMAO at Maeve’s 20 second ‘I smell Poo’ face at John’hole’s vitriol against J’Hole.

I must have really romanticized the reconciliation in the storeroom. By the end I was cringing at them, but it was nice for a change to see J'hole take down that wall of alphabet blocks he's been building for so long and just relax and enjoy life and love.

(612) OMG Could you imagine this running today?

ITA about Royal. It's painful waiting for him to just spit it out man so the scene can go on.

OMG RaeRog sex! That's next. And now back to our show!

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

#620 the lost episode must have shown the rest of the RaeRog sex. It was probably x-rated! When 619 left off Rae was doing some pretty suggestive things with her fingers and old Rog was spitting champagne into her mouth. They could have done without the champagne "transfer".

I must say, I was disappointed in the dowdy getup Mary wore for her remarriage to Jack, and she should have left her hair down. On the other hand, the "Pill Popping Pat" story is turning out better than I expected. I loved the weird music he heard and it was quite a sight when he looked at Delia and her whole body turned into flashing lights. We also find out that it's now December when a hopped up Pat drags Delia out to Coney Island. I don't think any of the boardwalk food stands would have been open in December and certainly not in the middle of the night. My other "beef" is that Delia tells the policeman they'll take a cab home, well, yellow taxi-cabs do not operate in the "outer boroughs" you have to call a car service or take the subway. I also noticed initially Pat said he was getting the "car", like he owned one, then suddenly he and Delia are in a taxi with what seemed the the same road sign passing in the background the whole time. The writers must have abruptly realized they couldn't have a drugged up Pat operating a motor vehicle. It did make for a good scene though with the know-it-all cabbie.

I'm enjoying the Ireland scenes with the voiceovers. It was odd though that they used the same scene of Mary in Yeats' garden when both Jack and Tom did the voiceovers. I do find the constant flute playing in the background to be shrill though.

Edited by lencidoll, May 16, 2012 @ 1:36 PM.

scott16

scott16

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

It was funny when Faith was joking to Tom about how maybe somebody should lock Frank and Jill together (like they did to Jack and Mary) but then she said she didn't think that would work b.c she felt it was too late for them,
of course anyone who has seen all these episodes before knows a similar thing does happen to Frank and Jill later.

Then also I felt sorry for those poor kids in Dublin that Jack and Mary were annoying
that was definitely a different age I guess, now if somebody tried to do something like that they would call the police and have them arrested. Dublin looked like NYC did back in the 1970s (only much cleaner, and probably a lot safer (there was a lot of crime in NYC back then).

Edited by scott16, May 21, 2012 @ 6:50 AM.

Catmama

Catmama

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

Still a bit behind but I did watch two of them on my TV connected to the laptop - pretty cool. Wish I could watch on the deck though, but you can't see a laptop at all.

(614- 616)

I love how Dee managed to talk Pat into going over to her in-laws for dinner upon her release, Maeve will cook for us! And later it’s Edna Greenberg who actually does Dee’s cooking for her.

She is either the most self-absorbed person on the planet or truly oblivious to her husband’s raccoon eyes or his repeated wish for more sleep, but no, she decides she’s in the mood for some traditional Jewish neighborhood cooking including coffee (what no Sanka for Pat?) and cheesecake and then a two hour movie! That’s exactly what Paddy needs! When was the last time you were in a movie that allowed smoking? It looked like torture to sit through that. Dee was more mouth-agape amazed at the movie’s content – later she says it was The Cowboy and they were all wearing cowboy hats. From the way Dee is acting all charged up, I wondered if she was watching Debbie Does Dallas!

Dee hasn’t been let loose a full 24 hours and already Pat’s a zombie (he acted drunk at Greenberg’s – that or he has already sampled the leftover meds) but Dee is fully rested from her recent stay at the Riverside Sanitarium, where they cook and clean for you! She’s raring to go baby.

Does Pat have a spine at all when it comes to Dee’s wants and needs? Apparently not, as he’s reaching for the leftover meds of a patient which looked like Seconal (or Reds. All my knowledge of Reds comes from Neely O’Hara in Valley of the Dolls) but that is used to treat insomnia – which is maybe why Pat remembered them. Anyway,

ALERT TO MISSING POSTERS – PAT’S ABOUT TO CRAWL DEEP WITHIN A PILL BOTTLE. Come on back for the fun. Looking at you Phil.

RaeRog sex – post coital that is – how lovely to have that secret someone to commiserate with when you feel used and abused. And the man makes a decent martini. I was missing Rog’ leopard sheets though (should be clean by now). Fortunately (or unfortunately I can’t decide) the NIGHTSHIFT logo conveniently covered that dark mysterious gap between old Rog’ legs that Rae has just sampled. He’s a skillful and accomplished lover she gushed. She isn’t afraid to let her lover know what pleases her and she says so. Rog admires that! They decided they understood each other – the keyword being discretion. Later as Bill Woodard talks right over her to Frank (clutching the traveling puke green blanket), we understand why Rae needs a lover. Especially an accomplished one to satisfy her in her caftan years. Rae is offended when Rog implies that he isn’t her first, but she does later admit that he isn’t. The visual in this scene hid their faces completely. Dark lovers. I didn’t expect to see their sheets bouncing, but it was rather satisfying.

I loved their secret code phone conversation post-sex! She was so cool and picked up all of his cues. A perfect friendship indeed. Now if I could only get it out of my head that with the way Rae dresses, she’s probably wearing either granny panties or worse, a panty girdle. Out of a caftan, she dresses kind of frumpy (yeah just like Mary).

You lazy irresponsible pups!! Why back in my day, we worked 200 hours and still had the juice to take care of the Mrs. Twice a week! You pups need sleeeeeeeeep????? You lazy, no good…….at this point Bucky shoves angry old board member right out the door (of the strike HQs).

Ah, the Fenellis have reconciled! And Maeve and Faith and Tom and Frank all made it happen! Well it is hard not to smile watching them interact with Ryan. Lets hope they at least buy her a crib at some point soon.

Boy Maeve sure was abusin’ those potatoes!

Mary thanks Tom. Tom tells Mary he’ll just have to live off of ‘fantasizing about Mary’ every night. A single handed feat! Unfulfilled love. Mary will remain for him unattainable. Unattainable, but not un-inflatable. Mary was that a goodwill box I saw outside of Ryan’s earlier? Any of your old dowdy outfits in there?

Alicia sees right through Dee’s gift. “See, Paddy likes to worry about me!” I just wish Faith had overheard that! Alicia tells her she uses people like crutches (I think that’s what she said – that accent). But she took the gift anyway. I remember Love’s Fresh Lemon fragrance back then, but not one that smelled like an Orangecicle (or was that Creamcicle) but I wonder if Dee took a really good look at that label. . Secretions Magnifique!!! LOL that Bob is attracted by the scent of a popcicle!

Fr. Mac was adorable upon hearing the news. Now will the Tribunal of the Diocese of NYC be so adorable after all the crap J’hole put them through?

Well sure! This is a soap! I’m glad crabby J’hole is done though. Now we have Ireland to look forward to.

scarlettudor

scarlettudor

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Just thought I'd give you guys a 'heads up' that Judy has posted on the RH proboard that she will no longer be posting episodes on YouTube.

She said she will continue through episode 730, April 1978. Those episodes include Pat finding out about Delia on the cruise, Seneca confessing the truth about Edmund's parentage to Jill, and Frank and Jill getting back together.

I was wondering if there was anyone here who had the 1978-81 episodes on DVD from the 3 times SOAPnet showed them?

If you do have a set, would you be willing to take up the task and start posting them on YouTube?

It would be greatly appreciated by many devoted RH fans.

scott16

scott16

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

That's sad I wish she would continue but cut down to 5 or 6 shows a week, 10 shows a week was very hard to keep up with.

scarlettudor

scarlettudor

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

I don't know the process, but I'm assuming it's time consuming for her to upload episodes, whether 5-6 or 10 a week. She's been doing it for quite awhile. I think it's time for someone else to step up.

whisper

whisper

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I gave up watching, online, months ago.

1978 (730) to 1981 (1688) is 958 episodes and a monumental task.

I took a look and there's not a lot of viewers still watching. #600 (the first one up) had less than 200 views.

Edited by whisper, May 24, 2012 @ 9:45 PM.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

Putting aside the fact that it's ridiculous that Mary and Jack would spend every evening of their honeymoon writing letters to everyone in Riverside detailing what they did during the day, I love the premise! I wonder how far in advance they did the shooting for this show? They've said several times now that it's December and suddenly the Hospital, Delia and even Roger have little Christmas trees on tables. Has anyone been to Ireland in December to know if it's really that mild and if everything would still be so green? Most of the Mary/Jack scenes in Ireland have them just wearing raincoats or big Irish wool sweaters. Episode 639 took the cake though as Jack and Mary frolicked in the surf on a deserted beach. In other episodes we did hear the wind howling which made me think it was probably somewhat cold. So, I guess Ireland didn't have the same horrendous winters that we had here in NY in 1977 and 1978? BTW, I wonder how long it took those letters to wing their way across the Atlantic Ocean back then. You'd think by the time Maeve and the gang got those letters Mary & Jack would be home already.

Edited by lencidoll, May 26, 2012 @ 10:54 PM.