Two and a Half Men

• Please log in to reply

4042 replies to this topic

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2004 @ 9:21 PM

Charlie: Will, uh, creativity be affected? You see, I write jingles.

Doctor: Do you write with your testicles?

Doctor: When you're dealing with prostates and penises, you need to have a sense of humor.

Charlie: And warm hands.

I don't see why he just didn't use condoms like Jake said. Even the little kid knows that. A little corny at the end with him telling Charlie he'd make a good dad which was made up for with Rose at the end.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2004 @ 10:36 PM

Berta: "I'm trying to finish up a load here."
Charlie: "Yeah, me too."

It amazes me how much CBS lets them get away with, especially during tonight's ep! The little kid who plays Jake must be learnings some great life lessons from hanging out with Charlie Sheen all of the time, and reciting these lines, lol.

nerdyduck

nerdyduck

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2004 @ 10:52 PM

It amazes me how much CBS lets them get away with, especially during tonight's ep!

I know. I was practically blushing half the time and I don't considered myself a prude. That last scene at the doctor's office was kinda racy. And Jake is hysterical. I love the line where he goes, "You don't see me crying when I'm late." The way he said it had me ROFL.

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2004 @ 11:11 PM

Maybe they get away with so much because it's handled inoffensively and light-heartedly. All I know is that the writers deserve alot of credit for maintaining a high level throughout the year.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2004 @ 6:57 PM

Hm. It seems to me that According to Jim is going to copy this show tonight. According to Jim even has some of the same jokes that this episode of THM had last night! Most noticably the "snip snip" jokes. What is up with this? I've always noticed sitcoms sometimes have similarity to each other, but this is just ridiculous. Couldn't ATJ get its own material? Sheesh.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2004 @ 10:57 PM

Not to mention that "Home Improvement" did this vasectomy episode a long time ago as well (both eps. made my dad crack up like crazy!). Sounds like another rehashed plot in sitcom land!

BoE

BoE

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2004 @ 9:34 AM

I love the line where he goes, "You don't see me crying when I'm late." The way he said it had me ROFL.

I was also LMAO at this line! I've said it before, and I will say it again: I love Jake.

They also got me with, "Do you write with your testicles?" BWAH!!

All I know is that the writers deserve alot of credit for maintaining a high level throughout the year.

Word, Elliot. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next season.

naepTV

naepTV

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2004 @ 12:22 AM

This is one of the few comedies I really enjoy lately. The rest of CBS' MOnday night line-up are tolerable at best.

I credit this to the chemistry of the actors. Jon Cryer and Charlie Sheen play off each other so well. And Holland Tatlor as their mother? Comic genius. (I've loved her since Bosom Buddies.)

And the actor playing Jake is probably one of the most natural child actors on TV. It's all in his delivery. "Ironic, huh."

nerdyduck

nerdyduck

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2004 @ 12:43 AM

The producers have already sent out their 'For Your Consideration' tapes for Emmy voters. They picked 'Go East on Sunset Until You Reach the Gates of Hell' and 'An Old Flame with a New Wick.' I thought the second episode was really funny and hope that this show gets a nom.

I credit this to the chemistry of the actors.

ITA. The way they interact with one another is awesome and gives a good balance towards their insane family relationship. And I like how Jake is adorable and not over-the-top cute. That would get old fast.

maryellen3159

maryellen3159

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2004 @ 8:44 PM

I'm glad their re-running these epps-
I didn't jump on the shows bandwagon
till mid-season!

doodlebug82

doodlebug82

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2004 @ 9:57 PM

I loved the episode that they reran tonight. That had so many great lines in it. I wish I had taped it. Funny, funny, funny.

TheaterNearU

TheaterNearU

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2004 @ 11:09 PM

I had missed that episode the first time around and before I turned it on I was in such as pissed off mood but after the barking jokes I was in hysterics. Plus the ending with the taxi cab confessions was hilarious.

"How can she be a lesbian? She doesn't even like oral sex."

maryellen3159

maryellen3159

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 10:42 AM

I love sarcastic humor, which this show certainly
fills the bill! The epp they ran last nite, was it the
pilot epp, or just one of the firsts'???

kiki82

kiki82

Posted Jun 10, 2004 @ 9:59 PM

I'm glad Jon Cryer is back on tv and in the limelight. I loved him as Ducky in Pretty in Pink. For all things considered, this is a pretty racy show for CBS, not sure if the old folks get all the sex jokes.

TheaterNearU

TheaterNearU

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 12:23 AM

This is a pretty racy show for CBS, not sure if the old folks get all the sex jokes.

I'm sure they get them. In my house they just pretend they didn't get them. Besides my guess is "the old folks" had sex long before any of us.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2004 @ 7:16 AM

My dad just flat out cracks up at the dirty jokes and proclaims, "This is a really good show!" during every commercial break, lol. He especially loved the vasectomy one - what a way to end a season!

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2004 @ 8:37 AM

Just went to a movie yesterday and the two and a half men are doing one of those "don't smoke, litter, talk, leave your cell phones on" promos for Loews theaters - in character, of course. It's kinda cute :)

Edited by ChinkyGirl, Jun 20, 2004 @ 8:37 AM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 20, 2004 @ 2:51 PM

Aw, that makes me wanna go and catch a movie just to see them. Do you know if it's specific to a particular theater chain, though? Like Cinemark, Loews, or Regal Cinema? If you don't know, that's okay.

On Topic: The episode that made me really like the show was the one about Jake letting the sea gulls into the house. It was so funny, and I was really surprised that Jake didn't come off as some schmaltzy kid with some kind of Full House lesson.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2004 @ 6:06 PM

Oops, I said it was a Loews theater before, but it was really a National Amusements theater I saw this at. Actually, it makes a lot more sense now because Viacom owns NA, which is why they sometimes produce these CBS-themed ads for the theater (the previous one had a Survivor theme).

maryellen3159

maryellen3159

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 21, 2004 @ 2:44 PM

I was at the movies on Sunday. It too was a National Amusements/ Multiplex Theatre. The PSA was almost as long and as funny as one of their episodes. It was cute!

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

Dang, there's no National Amusements theater in my state. Oh well.

Smackfu

Smackfu

Posted Jun 22, 2004 @ 4:29 PM

Man, Jenna Elfman was hot in the episode they showed last night. Maybe I should've watched Dharma and Greg once or twice.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2004 @ 4:36 PM

IMO, that episode was the extent of her hotness...I think it has to do with the long hair, or something. But I'm still putting in my vote for that being the weirdest/worst episode(s) of the show, lol.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2004 @ 8:15 AM

I agree that the two Jenna Elfman episodes were weird and bad, but I think the Heather Locklear episode was worse. That was pointless and boring. I erased my tape with that episode on it so fast.

I think Two and a Half Men is really funny and inspired sometimes, but other times it falls into to the old sitcommy pitfalls of stuntcasting and wackiness. If it could avoid those pitfalls, it could be a great comedy rather than just a good one.

joanne3482

joanne3482

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 12:14 AM

I went uncharacteristically anal this episode, repeating "Alan, get a lawyer and sue her butt off!" over and over.

That episode was just repeated tonight but it was my first time seeing it. (Judith, harpie ex wife, won't let Alan see Jake because Charlie is a bad influence) This was probably the first episode that just pissed me off. The whole time I was thinking, Call your attorney now! I know it was for comedic effect blah blah blah, but there's no reason he should've put up with that... that's the whole point of custody agreements.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2004 @ 4:26 PM

The one that ran last night is one I hadn't seen, it must have been early in the series too. Berta quit because of stuff Alan was doing that pissed her off. I about died laughing when Alan goes to Steven Tyler's house and they get caught with him on top of her working her back. I love the delivery of his line to Charlie about "Oh yeah, and Steven Tyler thinks I am doing Berta too", just cracked me up.

I just love Jake too. The one with him not knowing what his mom was talking about when she told him Charlie thought with his little head...and when Charlie said, "lower" to him and he deepened his voice. I swear I don't know how that kid kept a straight face. It was hysterical.

Morningstar

Morningstar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2004 @ 3:56 AM

I just started to watch this show on re-runs. I have to say it is hilarious. Last night it was about Charlie getting snipped because he had a pregancy scare. My husband and I laugh our heads off.
When I first heard about this show, I thought:" Charlie Sheen? Who wants to watch him?" But, I like what I see so far.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2004 @ 1:44 PM

Yeah, and I hope they don't ruin it. I keep seeing these promo ads boasting about all the guest stars they're going to have on the show, and I think, "Stop it! You're not $#*! Will and Grace." Let a good thing stay good.

ld

ld

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2004 @ 4:02 PM

When I first heard about this show, I thought:" Charlie Sheen? Who wants to watch him?"

Morningstar, I had the same reaction. Plus, I caught one of the early episodes and it didn't make much of an impression on me, so I didn't bother to look for it again.

But last night I caught the rerun of the "snipped" episode.

I think I'll be tuning in next week.

Edited by ld, Sep 14, 2004 @ 4:05 PM.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2004 @ 9:12 PM

I just woke up as the show began so I figured since it was the season premiere, I'd watch it. What a surprise to see Sean Penn, Elvis Costello and Harry Dean Stanton in Charlie's support group even though Charlie himself doesn't admit it's a support group.

In a way I can buy the "you can pick your friends but not your brother (relatives)." I thought it was cool the way the others wanted to invite him and Charlie was the only who didn't. Of course I saw the wedgie thing coming so it was no surprise but the Wilshire Boulevard lamppost was.