Two and a Half Men

• Please log in to reply

4042 replies to this topic

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

What the hell was that? Was there any point to that episode other than to take another jab at Charlie Sheen? Lorre needs to grow up and move on. Sheen already has.

Alan Harper is the most unlikeable character in the history of comedy sitcoms.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

What. The. Fuck?

tomorrowgirl

tomorrowgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Does Alan no longer have an office? Couldn't he have set up a cot there instead of renting a room in that fleabag place? I agree that he is a totally unlikeable, not to mention stupid, character.

The only good thing that I can say about this episode is that there weren't any fart jokes.

Why am I still watching this? I must be a glutton for punishment.

Jlinaa

Jlinaa

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

I was very dissapointed in Kathy Bates. I read an interview where she said she studied Charlie's mannerisms, so was interested. She missed it badly. The deadpan droll just was NON existent. Like when she said, I'm in H*ll that's what we do - and giggled. Wtheck? Charlie would've kept a straight face with maybe an eye roll.

Charlie's self absorption was over the top, too, but I'm sure that was just for the gross out humor; but hey, I really think he'd consider it much more vengeful for Alan to stay IN the house.

Got to say it totally seemed like just another pile of steaming sh** from Lorre. Dam, I miss Charlie Sheen!

Edited by Jlinaa, May 1, 2012 @ 12:40 AM.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

What shit. Lol, I mean come on are the writers even serious anymore? Are they even trying?

I've kind of always liked Kathy bates as an actress, but this made me like her a bit less. The episode sucked and as said above she wasn't that good of a Charlie. But she prob got paid big bucks though so who am I to judge, haha.

As for Alan, yes he has become insanely likeable, and he wasn't that likeable to begin with. Also, all he can afford is that shithole? Yea right. I mean come on, yes he doesn't make good money, but he's not on welfare or anything. I'm sure he makes decent money. Plus he's been rent free for years, and pays like no bills. I complain about this all the time, but do the writers not understand that there's a middle between rich and insanely poor. Eh who am I kidding, they don't understand anything but farting and throwing up.

Why do I keep watching this you ask? I have no idea, haha.

Elbaite

Elbaite

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

The most obsessed fan or even Charlie Sheen's own lawyers could not have come up with a better demonstration of what Sheen brought to the show than last night's episode. Even an Oscar winner couldn't quite pull off the timing and the insouciance.

So of course today they announce they've re-signed Ashton Kutcher.

I was lured back by the stunt. Gone for good now.

Edited by Elbaite, May 1, 2012 @ 12:45 PM.

NoDakGrl

NoDakGrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:24 PM

I put the show on mute and could figure out the gags better than what they wrote.....ugh. Alan is completely and totally awful and his son is not much better. Why that lady is staying with Walden I have no clue.

So freaking stupid.

arcadia63

arcadia63

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Surely someone has mentioned these complaints to Chuckles, they can't be that blind. Does he just not care, is he that blinded by his hatred of Charlie. I can even stand AK, even though he's a completely different character than when he started. What I can't stand is the ruining of Jake and Allen. I thought for a second thought they were on to something when Alan went out on his own, then he had to revert to old habits. It's pathetic, they act like he has no skills or money, what's worse no body except Walden cared that he'd had a heart attack, not even his mother or GF. They need new writers desperately. Give Alan, Walden and Jake something to do,show them at work or school. It wouldn't be that difficult.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

I agree the writers have completely forgotten - or have chosen to willfully ignore - the fact that Alan has a job, and an office. That rat hole he was living in was ridiculous. Every episode is one long tongue bath for Ashton Kutcher and another ass kicking for Jon Cryer. How much further can he sink?

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

The most obsessed fan or even Charlie Sheen's own lawyers could not have come up with a better demonstration of what Sheen brought to the show than last night's episode.

This. There's not a single likable character on the show right now. Did a lot of the writing staff leave with Charlie Sheen?

TalkToEmJoey

TalkToEmJoey

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Oddly enough no, the show's writers have never changed since the show began, except for Jeff Abugov leaving in like season 4 or 5.

Btw I'm pretty sure this show has been renewed for a 10th season.

hnygrl808

hnygrl808

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

You know what gets me about Alan?

He was paying over three thousand dollars a month in Alimony, owns his own business, where he has the funds to pay employee salaries, rent, insurance,etc. but he can't affor his own home? He's got 3 grand a month and zero debt. What the heck?

God, I'm sick of this show.

Edited by hnygrl808, May 1, 2012 @ 9:01 PM.

wrxfanatic

wrxfanatic

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

This show used to have jokes. Even if it was just Alan, Charlie and Berta having breakfast in the kitchen, it would be joke, joke, joke. Now, there's no funny in the writing. Just constant conflict among people who have no good reason to be hanging around with each other.

TalkToEmJoey

TalkToEmJoey

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

Lee Aronsohn, co-creator of the show quits?

roughing it

roughing it

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

I enjoyed Kathy Bates "channeling" Charlie. I thought she did a good job and nailed a couple of his mannerisms, and it looked like she was having fun doing it. This is the first episode in a long time that I didn't mind watching.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Another ridiculously pointless episode.

I think the show would be semi watchable if they killed off Alan Harper and gave larger roles to Berta, Judith, and Herb.

arcadia63

arcadia63

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

TIIC blew it AGAIN, when they found out that Alan was faking it was the perfect opportunity for him to realize that he had been taking advantage of Walden and for the others to realize they could also treat Alan a bit better. But NOOOO they went with Alan acting like an idiot again. It's really becoming a chore to watch. The only character worth liking is Walden, and he just isn't that interesting.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

Wow what a brutal episode. It was just so bad. And alan is the biggest asshole ever. Am I supposed to find it funny that he takes advantage of everybody? He's disgusting. I would like to see the character dead honestly. Or the show dead, because it is just beyond bad at this point.

Why didn't walden kick Alan out? Why is he still living with him? Even after all this?

karra

karra

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Alan is showered with love and affection upon returning from the hospital, but Zoey isn't so sure it's deserved.

Wow. Even if I didn't know he'd been faking (I guess...? Though, that doesn't really make sense because he WAS injured, biten by animals and all that.), I'd think Zoe was a bitch. Who doesn't deserve love and affection?

hnygrl808

hnygrl808

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

And with that seriously painful episode?

I'm out. Done and done.

Good-bye 2 and a half men. You used to be so funny.

That was brutal. Completely. Horribly. Brutal. Jeeze I'm sick of this show.

karra

karra

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

I wonder if next year will be better, now that the head writer is quit.

roughing it

roughing it

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

Karra, I sure hope so. At least give the characters back some dignity, some redeeming qualities, to make us care again. Get Alan back to work. Give Jake some purpose - I don't care that he's a stoner, but don't let that be all that he is - give him SOMETHING - a job, a reason to work harder in school, SOMETHING. Give us more Berta. Delve into the Judith/Herb/baby-that-may-be-Alan's dilemma. And I did like Kathy Bates as Dead Charlie - maybe more of that - being Alan's conscience/advisor.

TVJimmy

TVJimmy

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

I noticed that in the "previouslies" they didn't include the Allan bed scene where he acknowledged his acting about the heart attack. I thought at that point that they were trying to save this show by taking the character in a different direction.

Obviously, I was wrong. I feel the same way about Allan that I have since day 1 of this show. He's a moocher and needs to be killed off. How the heck are the faux writers of this show even trying to play this up now that everybody else in the cast knows he's a faker.

Seriously, end this torture. You failed at producing a show without Charlie. You have to finally admit it to yourself that you lack the talent to actually produce anything. Consider writing panhandler street signs for a living. You may get a laugh or two.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:07 AM

I honestly don't know what the writers are thinking here (assuming they're thinking at all). They are really writing themselves into a corner. It started out bad with the introduction of Walden, the premise of the show is all but dead because of him, and they are moving towards killing any reason for Alan to still be living with him (not that there was any good reason to begin with). It's like the writers don't even understand the basic concept of this show. Do they think they can just keep coming up with more implausible reasons for Alan to live with Walden? Or do they think they can maintain the show even if the two characters aren't living together? It's just such a disjointed mess, nobody has any reason to be where they are. There are still a few decent gags here and there, but they fall flat against the nonsensical background. Everyone is horrible, an idiot, or both.

The biggest mistake they made was devoting so much focus to Walden this season at the expense of established characters like Berta, Evelyn, Judith, Herb and Jake. It was like they just tried to make a whole new show about Walden then tried to shoehorn Alan into it somehow. There's no reason for Jake to even exist at this point. This season was so horrible I don't know how they plan to squeeze another season out of the mess they created.

HickoryColt

HickoryColt

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:52 AM

Wow. Even if I didn't know he'd been faking (I guess...? Though, that doesn't really make sense because he WAS injured, biten by animals and all that.), I'd think Zoe was a bitch. Who doesn't deserve love and affection

Very true. She is right about Allen, but Zoe is still a bitch. I don't like her and Walden could do better

Edited by HickoryColt, May 10, 2012 @ 8:52 AM.

karra

karra

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

She's right about Allen, yes, but still and yet? Not her business.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

Just saw the show was renewed for a 10th season. I honestly wonder what kind of putrid storylines they have in mind for next season.

kiki38

kiki38

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

So I guess Jake going off to the Army is their way of taking the 'half' out of two and a half men?

My question is: How on earth did Jake pass the pee test?

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

They actually did a nice job with the Jake montage at the end of the episode.

I guess he's not returning for season 10? I remember reading that Angus wanted to go to college a few months back.

HickoryColt

HickoryColt

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

They actually did a nice job with the Jake montage at the end of the episode.

I guess he's not returning for season 10? I remember reading that Angus wanted to go to college a few months back

I was wondering this as well. Not that it matters, they hardly use him much on the show, but going to the army I assume means he is not returning