Ms. Anderson

• Please log in to reply

3615 replies to this topic

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

I'm not interested in the show at all but I'll have to DVR the episodes Gillian is in.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

If I can watch Mr. Sunshine in order to see Allison Janney, I certainly can watch three episodes of this to see Gillian. (I really like The Silence of the Lambs, but have been otherwise uninterested in the ouevre.) I hope this is a good role; there aren't a lot of them out there for women, especially women over 35, but the good ones in the U.S. are increasingly found on television. And, really, therapist to Dr. Hannibal Lecter? Anyone who can't write that character in a fascinating way, especially for just a short arc, shouldn't be working in Hollywood. Gillian obviously saw something in it worth doing, and she knocks just about everything out of the park, so I'm looking forward to it. Now I'm just going to have to remember to check here for a reminder of when her arc is airing; I almost never watch network television, so I'll miss the promos.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2013 @ 6:20 PM

So, in addition to her stint on Hannibal, Gillian has signed to do a pilot for NBC. Rand Ravich is doing a thriller about two estranged sisters (Gillian and Rachael somebody), one of whom - Gillian's role - is a big-time CEO whose daughter is among a group of kids kidnapped from their swanky school. Her sister is an FBI agent (heh), and solving the mystery reunites them and unravels some grand conspiracy (heh again). I'm in.

Here is the Hollywood Reporter story.

She is also returning to sci-fi, planning to star alongside Ben Kingsley (how awesome is that?!) in Our Robot Overlords. I'll take a pass on that one, but it looks like it has a good budget and cast.

She's a busy bee these days.

uio

uio

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 4:35 PM

Netflix will be streaming Gillian's new series, The Fall, starting May 28. It premieres May 13 on BBC Two.

The teaser looks intriguing. Definitely going to check this one out.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

http://tv.msn.com/tv...spx?news=806861 So Gillian's daughter will not become an actor.  And Gillian's thrilled. Heh! Good to know!

Edited to add: Hannibal with Gillian starts tonight and her new show Crisis has been picked up for the Fall season by NBC.  YES! Gillian back on the small screen in a big way is always a good thing!

Edited by tigerisis, May 9, 2013 @ 1:50 PM.

atomationage

atomationage

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 5:05 PM

Gillian's new series, The Fall, starting May 28. It premieres May 13 on BBC Two.

The first episode of this was 59 minutes long.  Jamie Dornan plays the serial killer.  Bronagh Waugh plays his wife.  Emmet Scanlan plays a cop.  GA's face looked very thin.  I thought her accent was good.  The show is very quiet for long stretches. 

iguessnot

iguessnot

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 2:58 PM

I saw this today http://todaynewsgaze...nd-scully-news/. Should get some shipper blood flowing.

Arya Snark

Arya Snark

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 3:59 PM

In case anyone is interested, Gillian did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit yesterday.

http://www.reddit.co...n_anderson_ama/

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 5:15 PM

Oh, that's funny -- I just learned about AMA last night on Jeopardy.  Had that clue been in tonight's episode instead, I'd have known it.

Well, she's just as wonderful as ever.  She seems to really be embracing having such a, shall we say, focused, fan base in a new way.  It's endearing.  Much like her "proof" picture. 

I'm totally stealing the phrase "illegal wife." 

AntiBeeSpray

AntiBeeSpray

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 8:01 PM

@ iguessnot: Not really, even though I'm a shipper. That would be more of a snogger thing (no offense meant to them (those who are snoggers -- people who want the actors to get together in real life), just not one myself) imo. They seem to get along more like brother and sister in real life. But it is funny when they do poke a little light hearted fun about that issue lol.

@ Arya Snark: Heard about that. It seemed like a really awesome event. She did a good job during it and it seemed like a lot of the fans were pretty respectful for the most part during it.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray, May 19, 2013 @ 8:02 PM.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 2:42 AM

She seems to really be embracing having such a, shall we say, focused, fan base in a new way.

It's ok Bastet.  They really are rabid and crazy! Ha!

She is so great in this AMA and cannot wait to see her in all that she is doing. Full plate there! Now I really want to go to Comic-Con this year, dang it!

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 9:31 PM

I'm looking forward to Crisis, Gillan back on network tv in a lead role. Yes she was on Hannibal last year, but I'm excited for her in a role we see her in every week.

Any word on how the show may do, I guess since its NBC it has a chance to not be canned so early.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:05 PM

From the LA Times blurb recommending several new shows, including Crisis:

Gillian Anderson is always reason enough to watch just about anything.

Heh; so true. Crisis isn't something that would appeal to me without her, but I'll give it a whirl. I kept forgetting to record Hannibal last season, which is something else that only interested me because of her, so I bought the whole thing on Blu-Ray ... and then forgot to watch it before the second season started (and have already forgotten to record the second episode of that). I hear

Spoiler
but it's nice to have her so easily watchable.

am1994

am1994

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 9:22 PM

A new interview with Gillian where she talks about her and David's relationship.

GA interview

But Anderson admitted that she and Duchovny did have a spark. 

I do love her facial expressions while she is talking about her and David.  

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 11:06 PM

That was funny. 

"It's not going to happen."

"But you two know each other so well."

"Exactly."

Bonus points for using frisson. 

It kind of sucks when you get to be too close to just fool around (with someone you know you'd never be compatible with long term), but if you get a genuine friendship out of the deal, it's a very worthwhile trade.

Whatever the nuances of their many years in each other's orbit, they really do seem to have developed a lovely relationship following IWTB; I now absolutely adore their interviews together and about each other.

AntiBeeSpray

AntiBeeSpray

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 5:51 PM

@ Bastet: Word. It's great that they seem to be getting along so well. It showed in IWTB and past it.