Ms. Anderson

• Please log in to reply

3615 replies to this topic

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

I think the most popular Scully-slash pairing was Reyes. Ew, Fowley? Really, ejl? :)

I don't remember a ton of Scully-slash, but I don't remember a ton of Mulder-slash either to be honest. Maybe it was the times, or maybe it was that M and S just didn't interact with that many characters besides each other. Or, could be it just didn't really register with me because it wasn't my thing.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I definitely noticed a bunch of Mulder/Krycek. I thought that made sense, even if I wasn't interested in reading about the pairing. But I think there wasn't a good choice for a slash pairing involving Scully.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

There's a heap of Scully-slash, quite often with original characters (a few of whom I suspect are Mary-Sues). Much less with other canon characters, some with Reyes, but usually as part of a threesome. Yes, I read waaayyyyy too much smutfic.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

A friend of mine who is quite enamored with Gillian has a 17-year-old daughter, and this girl used the equanimity with which my friend greeted Gillian's interview to give her the courage to say she has been experiencing feelings for both boys and girls. It led to a great conversation about the fluid nature of sexuality, the confusion caused by the disconnect between one's own feelings and society's views, the unconditional status of my friend's love for her daughter, etc. I imagine the possibility for this sort of thing is why some of those in the public eye who veer to the right on the Kinsey scale find it worth the public scrutiny to be open in this regard, so I find myself oddly proud of Gillian for inadvertently triggering this wonderful moment.

Edited by Bastet Esq, Mar 18, 2012 @ 2:04 PM.

bmills

bmills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

I'm just peeved that GA has had flings with even more people who aren't me.

(Haven't frequented these boards for a while. Nice to see some familiar names. :))

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

Aw, that's really cool, Bastet. :) Yeah, I figure more people talking about how sexuality is not black and white is always a good thing.

Hey, bmills!

WAMgirl

WAMgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Just a reminder that Gillian will be on Masterpiece this weekend in Great Expectations!

Merri

Merri

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Just saw this: http://networkedblogs.com/vMB2G. Lovely picture of GA. And it is great to hear that she is still up for more X-Files. I'm not giving up on that either.

Looking forward to seeing her on Masterpiece in April.

beebs

beebs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

So I don't think that this has been posted... Interview on the AV Club.

Enjoy!

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

Gillian Anderson will be appearing in The Fall, a new series being filmed in Belfast. It will probably start airing in the UK in the fall. I'm interested because the cast includes four people from Hollyoaks. One actress' character was just killed off Friday, and two others are supposed to be leaving town for a while. Hollyoaks is filmed in Chester, UK.

DaynaPhile

DaynaPhile

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Does she play the detective? I wonder if there is a way to watch the show in the US?

brothertonbanks

brothertonbanks

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Hopefully BBCAmerica will carry it. I believe Gillian is the lead, "a talented female Detective Superintendent from the MET". The other lead is apparently the killer. I hope Emmett Scanlan plays that, but it could be Jamie Dornan, (Once Upon a Time) or someone else. Scanlan and Bronagh Waugh seem to have left Hollyoaks, and Karen Hassan's character was killed off.

baci87

baci87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

Hi, everyone!

Is anyone going to the Fan Expo Canada to see Gillian? I really want to go see her, and William B Davis has been confirmed to appear too. I only want to buy a ticket for the one day they will be there and I can't find a date for their appearance. Anyone hear anything?

WAMgirl

WAMgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

I saw on E! News this afternoon that Gillian and her [boyfriend? husband?] were splitting. Very sad.

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

saw on E! News this afternoon that Gillian and her [boyfriend? husband?] were splitting. Very sad.

The latest, as of this morning, on the interweb is that Gillian and David are living together in LA and have been for some time. Commence fangirl squeals of delight.

sculliphile

sculliphile

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

Oh, come on. Really?

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

http://www.celebdirt...-duchovny-0808/

Maybe they'll shoot their own XF3 in the backyard?

I'm with sculliphile on this one...really? I'm pretty doubtful this is true but stranger things have happened...

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

Shortly after confirming her split from Mark, GAWS posted:

To all those believing and re-tweeting the nonsense being floated by tabloid websites, we would like to sell you tickets to a dinner & show with Elvis Presley.

For those eager to spread genuine news, we suggest, "Zero truth to the GA & DD rumor - it's a fan fantasy run amok".

Hee.

Gillian seems to have crafted a nice co-parenting relationship with Piper's dad, so hopefully she'll be able to do the same with Mark.

firemountain9

firemountain9

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I assumed there was no way the story was true. I told the 5-6 friends and family who forwarded me links to the story this morning that I could certainly see GA staying with DD while in L.A. but otherwise, "fan fantasy run amok" for sure. As if.

DaynaPhile

DaynaPhile

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

We may think Mulder and Scully are perfect for each other but their real life counterparts are not a good match. And? I don't believe it for one second. She may be staying at his place on a short trip to the states. Maybe she is looking for a place to prep for filming XF3. But together? Lovers? I sincerely doubt it.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Is it weird that I can more easily believe they're sleeping together than that they're planning for XF3? Heh.

I've been reading about this all day. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not true, and even if it WERE true (which I don't think it is), then CERTAINLY not to the degree that some of these articles are rapturously suggesting (LIVING TOGETHER? That's a little tricky to pull off when Gillian lives in England, but OK). I can't I say I haven't been enjoying reading all the spazzing about it though, particularly when done with a proper sense of humor. (I love Lindy West.)

By the way, happy birthday, Gillian. :)

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Oh, I'd totally believe them getting it on. It's dating I just can't imagine.

My main source of amusement for the day has been imagining how my younger self would have reacted to this rumor had it swirled this loudly and under similar circumstances (both of them newly unattached, etc.) circa 1996.

azbabe2229

azbabe2229

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I've been reading all of the articles from blogs and gossip sites and everything else I could find, and it has had me in stitches all day long.

I'm not surprised that this rumor has been going like gangbusters since Gillian announced her separation from Mark, David has been under the radar ever since he announced he and Tea were done last year. The only thing I've heard about David since that announcement is that he was looking for an apartment in NYC in May.

This rumor does one thing, it draws lots of hits to all of these sites, so I'm not surprised it keeps going on, even after David's rep supposedly denied the rumors.

And of course there was the rumors going around that David was actually the father of Felix, because the baby was conceived either right before or during the filming of IWTB. The reason this is still being debated is because Felix = X-Files, or something like that, lol

I just love the fact that this is putting them back in the spotlight, every actor/actress is glad for any publicity, and IMO this rumor is not hurting anyone, since both David and Gillian are single, for now anyway. Any publicity is good for celebs, so I've heard.

And I love seeing their pictures on any site, they really do have some of the best on-screen chemistry ever seen on the small or large screen.

And it did make my inner fangirl squee :-)

Edited by azbabe2229, Aug 9, 2012 @ 9:11 PM.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

I know, the Felix = X-File = somehow that David is the father is hilarious to me. Gabby Douglas's last name anagrams to USA Gold, so THE OLYMPICS MUST BE FIXED OMG!!!

Also, I don't mean this in a pissy way, because I realize I still think about TXF and its personnel MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON, but in some of the articles there are comments like "OMG, I'm going to go listen to some Nirvana and drink a Zima on AOL while reading this, the '90s, awesome" and I want to be like "You know, they're STILL ALIVE. If they ARE having an affair [which again for the record I do not think they are], it's because after the show ended they continued to be human beings who did things and had feelings, and now, at this point, in 2012, they want to be together -- not because they're performing some kind of I Love the '90s play for your personal nostalgia." :P It's the same kind of annoying to me as like when Gillian is in Germany or something and people are like "Why is she there; are there aliens in Germany?"

Anyway. It HAS been pretty fun reading all the speculation. I am hoping DD and GA are both mellowed enough these days not to be bothered by it, and yeah, who knows, maybe the publicity will be a good thing. Plus, it gave us this article and I can't be mad at that.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

I just hope they're happy whatever they're doing. That article is beyond adorkable!

azbabe2229

azbabe2229

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Plus, it gave us this article and I can't be mad at that.

I love it, such great pictures of those two.

I found this article with some great pictures, one is a still of the IWTB premiere in the UK, David's 'package' is especially noticeable, lol. And a bit further down there are pics of David from Thursday after his rep denied the rumors. I have to say, David is looking mighty nice for a 52 year old man.

DailyMail

ism

ism

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Scully (OK, GA) celebrates 40 years of female FBI agents: http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

DaynaPhile

DaynaPhile

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Aw, isn't that cute?

Namarie

Namarie

Stalker

Posted Sep 17, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

Awww, yay! Very cool, indeed.

tigerisis

tigerisis

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Gillian Anderson to be in NBC's Hannibal!

Where is everyone? This is exciting news! To see GA on my television screen again makes my heart leap!