Mr. Duchovny

• Please log in to reply

2445 replies to this topic

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2011 @ 1:28 PM

The category was "Celebrities' Favorite Movies" and DD's clue went like this:

Hi, I'm David Duchovny. I advise you to take a chance on this Peter Sellers movie about a simple gardener who knows a lot about TV & maybe about life.

Question: What is Being There?

SinglePayer

SinglePayer

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 30, 2011 @ 2:49 AM

Many thanks Smrou!!!

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2011 @ 6:16 PM

Happened to be reading EW (the Sept. 23 issue -- I'm behind, as usual), and there's an interview with Brad Pitt and he's asked about Kalifornia (gosh, I almost wrote "Kalifornication"). The following exchange takes place:

EW: With Kalifornia, you played a hillbilly serial killer. Did playing such a dark role freak you out at all?

BP: No, I was exhilarated. I had such a blast on that.

EW: Were you freaking out other people on the set? Was David Duchovny like, "Stay the hell away from me!"?

BP: No, David Duchovny is a freak in his own right. I mean that in a complimentary sense.

Hee, not everyone gets to be called a freak by Brad Pitt! Nice work, my friend. (Great interview, BTW.)

firemountain9

firemountain9

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 12:26 PM

Happened to be reading EW (the Sept. 23 issue -- I'm behind, as usual), and there's an interview with Brad Pitt and he's asked about Kalifornia (gosh, I almost wrote "Kalifornication").

I just rewatched Kalifornia a few weeks ago (actually I watched it twice) - such a guilty pleasure. DD is SO young. Am I right that he shot that just before shooting TXF pilot?

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 1:04 AM

...and IMHO, much hotter than Brad Pitt. YMMV. He looks very Muldery in the last scenes.

Nanrad

Nanrad

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

I think Kalifornia was released in '94. It was around the time that the cast and crew thought they might get canceled.

firemountain9

firemountain9

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

Nope, it was released in September '93 just a few weeks before TXF premiered. I was wondering if the film was shot before or after he was cast in TXF Pilot.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2011 @ 10:55 PM

I feel like I remember an anecdote about David during the casting process and him mentioning, or someone mentioning, that he had just worked with Brad Pitt. I don't know if it was a recollection of CC's or GA's or both or someone else. But I'm pretty sure he'd finished that before XF.

azbabe2229

azbabe2229

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

The Fox Channel 25th anniversary special is Sunday night and here is an audio clip of David talking about how the X-Files changed his life:

Davidaudio

azbabe2229

azbabe2229

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

The "David and Gillian" rumors are going crazy, but I found this article about David's latest project, called 'Goats'. Not sure how I feel about this.

Goat

ism

ism

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Some lovely pics of DD in the new LA Confidential magazine: http://gossipcenter....avid-duchovny-3

lostalongtheway

lostalongtheway

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

David doing a PSA for Red Cross/Sandy. He looks good and I like the beard with the grey.

redcross

Claire999

Claire999

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

Anybody know when this picture was taken?

http://i.imgur.com/NWcxl.png

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 8:33 PM

What's this? DD playing guitar and singing? Huh.

ism

ism

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2013 @ 11:47 PM

I knew he was learning to play the guitar--he talked about it on some late night appearance, and apparently he played at the Californication wrap party. But why was he there for this: http://www.citywiner...-band-9-27.html

And will he be performing in NYC again, because I am so there. I would have been if I had known about this! /stalker

maculae

maculae

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

I knew he was learning to play the guitar--he talked about it on some late night appearance, and apparently he played at the Californication wrap party. But why was he there for this: http://www.citywiner...-band-9-27.html

He's in NYC for a Paley event for the 20th anniversary of The X-Files.