Mr. Duchovny

• Please log in to reply

2445 replies to this topic

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 7:10 AM

according to thezreview.com

The US release date for Connie and Carla Do L.A. has been set as 16th April 2004.

ETA: ok the last post was on 14th Jan, and that was me!! what gives, isn't anyone OBSESSED ANYMORE? sheeesh.

you can see the Connie & Carla trailer at comingsoon.net

if you can be bothered.

Edited by Glasgow, Feb 11, 2004 @ 5:32 AM.

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 5:43 AM

bumped because i hear DD will be on the Ellen show on 7th April.

Ruby Trample of Woody End

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 9:07 AM

Plus he's in another bad looking movie which is coming out soon:

Connie and Carla

Toni Collette - why hath thou forsaken me?!??!

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 9:27 AM

hoorah!

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 11:54 AM

You know, I think CONNIE AND CARLA might be a lot of fun - I laughed at the trailer several times. Of course, one of my favorite movies ever is SOME LIKE IT HOT so this little homage to it warms my heart. Plus, I love drag queen bars - yes, it's true - and campy humor so color me there. And I do love me some Toni Collette, ever since she came from a little town in Australia called "Porpoise Spit", actually (MURIEL'S WEDDING)...

ETA: Here's the link to the film's official site - there's some cute stuff there:
http://www.connieandcarla.com/

Edited by ejluther, Mar 24, 2004 @ 11:57 AM.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 2:00 PM

The movie does sound fun and I love Toni Collette. Why couldn't David end up being her character's romantic interest. That other actress got the chance to make out with John aka Chris "In the Morning" Stevens/Aidan "He did her floors" Shaw Corbett.

Ejluthor - Thanks for the link.

Edited by dimples1, Mar 24, 2004 @ 2:05 PM.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 2:17 PM

Mmmm Chris-in-the-morning....

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 2:18 PM

SOME LIKE IT HOT

See to me this just seems like a rip off of the above, not a tribute. But we will see.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 4:07 PM

It's like a cross between Some Like It Hot and Victor/Victoria.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

Just poking my head in (but I did read back in the thread) to ask if anyone's heard more about this:

The House of D: NY Radio Station 107.5 FM reports that on the set of the David Duchovny directed film "The House of D," R&B singer and now actress Erykah Badu apparently had a major physical fight with actress and Duchovny's wife Tea Leoni.

Lauri

Lauri

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 4:38 PM

I found this which debunks it: Badu baffled...

Here's the text:

R&B star ERYKAH BADU is confused by reports she and actress TEA LEONI
had a violent scuffle on the set of their new movie HOUSE OF D - because the
pair weren't even in the same country at the time of the alleged brawl.
Reports recently surfaced on a New York radio show that the ON & ON singer
and Leoni got into a fistfight after Badu became irate over a trivial argument.
According to the report, Badu had to be restrained after repeatedly punching the
JURASSIC PARK III star in the face.

But Badu's representative, WENDY WASHINGTON, blasts, "This story is pure
fabrication. It's completely unfounded!"

Washington says that Badu shot her role in the film in August and September of last year (03). Afterwards, she left America and toured in Europe for the rest of the autumn.

She adds, "The timeframe in which the report said this occurred doesn't even
add up. Erykah wasn't even in the country. Besides, she had a great working
relationship with Tea and everyone else in the film."

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 4:49 PM

Ah well. It was amusing to think about.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

I completely forgot about that recent rumor. My friend told me weeks ago that the dj, Wendy Williams had mentioned something about the Badu/Leoni fight.

Slippin' Mickeys

Slippin' Mickeys

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 7:07 PM

Damn. That would have been awesome! You know, in that juvenile "fight! fight! fight!" kind of way.

Otherwise, I'm a pacifist.

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 7:14 PM

I know it's probably not true and all, but, in my fantasy, Erykah and DD started a torrid affair and Tea only found out because she found one of Badu's famous headwraps stuffed between the cushions of his trailer couch. She tracked the "Tyrone" singer down and jumped her in the parking lot, threatening to choke her senseless with said headwrap, even snatching her baldheaded if she ever comes near her man again. Badu mouthed off with a "Please! He's my man now!" to which the scrappy Tea finished what she started:

Badu Before:
http://www.papermag....es/ebadu_01.gif

Badu After:
http://www.cnn.com/i...eza/02.badu.jpg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 9:42 PM

ejluther is not only handsome but he has joined bmills in the genius club.

JimsBride

JimsBride

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

I'm not sure why I was reminded of this, but a few weeks ago I was watching the Futurama DVDs and one of the commentators was talking about auditioning actors for the part of Bender, the robot.

(paraphrasing)
Commentator (possibly Matt Groening): We thought of several actors who we thought would be good as a robot. (Pause) David Duchovny...

So funny.

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2004 @ 5:12 AM

you know, even though i abhor all kinds of violence and do not condone violent sport as entertainment, i would pay good money to see a Badu/Leoni fight. there may be a tangible height difference, but apart from that they would be pretty well matched and might end up pretty much slugging it out.

i do think, however, that Leoni would probably just turn around and say "the bastard was unfaithful? have him, i'm done." and then Badu would be all "i was never much into trailer sex anyway, see ya."

ETA: apparently DD will be on Leno on 5th April, and i'm also seeing him listed in cast of Evil Dead 4 (????)

Edited by Glasgow, Mar 25, 2004 @ 2:22 PM.

cmb93

cmb93

Posted Mar 27, 2004 @ 1:05 PM

Gillian Anderson is also listed in the cast for Evil Dead 4 or whatever.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2004 @ 8:09 PM

Geez, I just caught DD on a rerun of Primetime Glick and man! I'd forgotten exactly how pretty he is. Bowled me over again. I have to admit; he looks really relaxed now and much more easygoing, although I suppose it was filmed not long after X-files wrapped.

JimsBride

JimsBride

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2004 @ 4:36 PM

Duchovny is also on Ellen on April 7th.

Edited by JimsBride, Apr 4, 2004 @ 4:37 PM.

NickChick

NickChick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 11:29 PM

David was very cute on Leno. Did two segments. Spent the first one discussing House of D, and how he's fighting the MPAA for a PG-13 so they've had to tone down some word play things, such as Kochukokov, which NBC actually bleeped the dozen or so times he and Leno said it.

The second segment he discussed the new movie and said it was nice getting back to Vancouver to film it after five years away and he really likes the city and may end up buying land there. He mentioned living there someday but I couldn't tell if that was a riff or not. The property thing seemed genuine.

No mention of the family (and he was not wearing his ring for folks who pay attention to that). He wore blue jeans, a white striped oxford (two buttons undone), and a chocolate brown blazer. Hair was a bit shaggy. He looked good and rested, a little bit fuller-faced, and clean-shaven.

cmb93

cmb93

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 2:32 AM

Re: the wedding ring, there's really no rhyme or reason to when and where he decides to wear it, as far as I can tell. There's an audio interview floating around now from last weekend where he talks about Tea and seems to be very enamored with her, it's quite sweet actually. (I remember people saying right after they got married that it would be over within months. Well, it's been seven years, so I'd say they're definitely beating the Hollywood odds!)

Lovely interview on Leno; typical DD humor. He was freakin adorable holding the baby bears. You can tell he's an animal lover.

More good news:

Daily Variety
April 6, 2004

Tribeca treats

Fest to preem 'Kitty,' 'House,' 'Demme'

By DAVID ROONEY

The Tribeca Film Festival has announced a lineup of 65 features for its Spotlight, Showcase, Restored & Rediscovered and Midnight sections, with premieres including Ed Burns' latest, "Looking for Kitty," David Duchovny's directing debut "House of D" and John Walter's humorous docu-tribute, "In Search of Ted Demme."

The program was announced by Tribeca fest exec director Peter Scarlet and by fest co-founders Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff.

"The festival's lineup offers a tremendous opportunity for discovery -- whether it's glimpsing a debut film by a promising new talent, being among the first in town to see the latest work by one of the acknowledged masters, or finally catching up with a classic in a pristine new print," Scarlet said.

Newly introduced Spotlight section aims to mix groundbreaking films from new talents and seasoned directors.

Burns' Gotham-set story of the bond between a high school baseball coach and a down-on-his-luck private investigator stars the director with David Krumholtz.

Duchovny also works both sides of the camera in his emotional fable
about a man trying to resolve the turmoil of his present relationship by looking to the past. Robin Williams, Tea Leoni, Erykah Badu and Frank Langella also star.

<snip a bunch of stuff>

The Tribeca fest runs May 1-9.

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 4:25 AM

thanks very much for these two reports, NickChick and cmb93. i'm hoping CJ at the gaddarchives will be able to post a video file of Leno and DD's upcoming appearances - she usually does and i'm always grateful. i adore DD in jeans - and when he decides to he can really turn on the charm and can be very appealing.

one question - perhaps obvious coming from a Brit raised by working class, Scotland's-industrial-west-coast protestants - what's a Kochukokov?

edited because i really should be able to spell my own parents' denomination

Edited by Glasgow, Apr 6, 2004 @ 4:31 AM.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 6:02 AM

Thank you, Glasgow, I too was wondering about that.

DD_lurve

DD_lurve

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 7:14 AM

It's a play on words that twelve year olds (and me) do, with fake book titles that correspond with fake author's names, like Rusty Bedsprings, by I.P. Nightly, etc. DD's was 'Russian something-or-other (help?), by Ivana Kochukokov (or, sounded out, Cut-your-cock-off).

Glasgow

Glasgow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 8:11 AM

oh. was it funny? it sounds kind of lame.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 11:23 AM

It sounded lame to me too, but then, this is DD we're talking about - and Leno. 'Nuff said.

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 12:11 PM

Thanks, cmb for the info on this year's Tribeca film festival. I went last year to see the premiere of Ewan McGregor/Renee Zellweger film, Down With Love.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2004 @ 1:34 PM

Crap, I wish I'd known he was on! Yay on the bears and the clean-shaven and the outfit. Boo on the seemingly unstemmable tide of ass (or near-ass) jokes.

NickChick, what new movie was he discussing? The Connie and Carla one? I know it wouldn't be a new XF one (I KNOW that -- unless they have a time machine), but I heard "new movie" and "Vancouver" and I accidentally got all excited for a second. Even though I'm sure they wouldn't actually shoot a new XF movie in Vancouver. My brain is just trained to flag all those words still.

Anyway. I've missed that crazy Duchov. It's been a while.