NFL on CBS, Fox, ESPN

• Please log in to reply

16022 replies to this topic

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 3:20 PM

Aldon Smith flies Southwest?

I suppose it could be because he's savvy enough to be thrifty with his money, but he can't be that smart if he's going around DUI and making bomb threats in an airport.

Sometimes Southwest is the only option if you want to go from SoCal to NorCal, especially to a place like San Jose (where I'm assuming he was flying since that's closer to the 49ers facility).

I fly from Burbank to Oakland regularly, and Southwest is the only option.

Also, a flight on Southwest ain't that cheap these days. My flights typically cost about $140 to $180 when I buy months in advance and fly Saturday mornings. (Unless you consider that cheap.)

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2014 @ 3:58 PM

I don't know if I'll ever fully understand how television personalities keep getting arrested. I mean I know some of it is alcohol and the stupidities that come along with that. And previous lifestyles and people you hang around, et cetera. And maybe it's the pressure of the job as well, to always have anything you say be up for worldwide discussion. But damn it seems like somebody's getting arrested a couple of times a year. This time it's Keyshawn on a battery charge. I adore how the top comment on the article is "C'mon man!"

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2014 @ 5:04 PM

So how long before Countdown announces his replacement? ESPN has a short leash for arrestees (when they are arrested in ESPN's employ and for domestic violence. Getting brought up on murder rap and then mysteriously getting out of it does not make you unhireable, apparently).