Maury

• Please log in to reply

2143 replies to this topic

wj 737 200

wj 737 200

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:38 AM

I used to watch this show whenever it was on when I was 8(it usually was on before I went to school). Now I started watching it again for the hell of it. I don't know if it's just me but i'm getting this weird "dirty old man" vibe from Maury. Look how many shows he's been doing with the sexy moms, sexy kids and the geek to plastic. IMO he IS a dirty old man though. All though the paternety episodes still draw me in because MOST (not all) of the women are pathetic.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:55 AM

My favorite part of the paternity updates is when Maury says something like this: "Latasha has tested every man living in her town, and every man from the next two towns over. We're sorry to report that she has ran out of men to test."

Then who did she sleep with Maury? Invisible men from an alternative dimension?

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

I hate when Maury has the paternity tests and when the women is proven right and she (rightfully, IMO) gets upset saying "I TOLD you! I've been telling you!" and Maury pulls her aside and tells her to "act like a lady". GRRRR!. When a guy is proven not to be the father and he jusmps around calling the girl every bitch and ho in the book, he never tells them to act like a gentleman.

What ever happened to sending bad ass kids off to boot camp. I miss the days of boot camp. Now they get mentoring (and occasionally yelled at by D West, which cracks me up). But you know, a whoopin goes a long way. I just never understand how a kid could run the house. My mom would never put up with that, and I have no intentions of putting up with that shit from my kids.

masked_spangler

masked_spangler

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:50 PM

Word, Amberosia. I know kids have unique personalities and all that but not way would my mom ever put up with some stuff :-) I think it is good for kids to recognize that other people have needs too. I was over at a friend's one time and she bluntly told her naggy 4-year-old that even if I wasn't there, she still would not be playing with him right now so he'd better go find something to do. I've been around this kid since and he is polite, well-behaved and a total sweetheart who knows his mother loves him and is not scarred in any way by being told to have his own life too, even if he is 4. Contrast that with the mothers of those 100-pound two-year-olds on this show who always say "but that's what he LIKES to eat!" Who is in charge here?

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:25 PM

See, stuff like that is more often a case of a person not being able to handle a little crying. They can't stand for their kid to cry, but guess what: Kids cry. It's what they do. Now, I love my son dearly, but even though he's only 1 he has learned the wonders of croccodile tears. It used to really get me, but then I noticed his behaviour taking a downward spiral and learned to buck up. It now takes more than a few tears and some whining to break me. Yeah, he might genuinely desire another cookie, but if he just ate 3, then he has had more than enough. End of story.

The only parents I really have sympathy for are the occasional hanicapped ones with the psychopath children. Like the lady in the wheelchair whose son would smack her and hit her. That's bad. But these younger, healthier women who cry because they're kids steal, drink, smoke and call mom outside her name at age 10 get no pity from me. What kind of wuss are you that you are under your prepubescent child's thumb, like they are the parent. That's just BS.

cerealboxkiller

cerealboxkiller

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 3:13 AM

You know, I haven't seen this show in forever. It's been about a good year since I watched this show. So, this morning I just happened to be up around the time "Maury" was on. I decided to check it out, just to see what topic it was. Can you guys guess what topic it was? Yup....paternity tests. They should just rename this show "The Paternity Test Show" because that's all they do. I'm getting sick of it. Whatever happend to the 4 year old girls who want to be strippers?

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:21 AM

That was Sally, but she got cancelled.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:01 PM

To be honest, I mostly only watch Maury for the paternity tests. And the out of control kids. That's about it. I don't care if to guess boys from girls, nor watch deformed people, nor wives scared of their husbands. I don't really like the lie detector tests much either (except that one guy who got "Kidnapped" 3 times. Did you hear? His girlfriend had the baby and he's MIA again. She said hopefully he'll stay kidnapped this time. But this was after an update when he confessed that he had been lying on the show and they were supposedly working through his cheating issues. Jagoff.).

bubsy

bubsy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:13 PM

I get perverse enjoyment on the paternity tests shows when the women are wrong.

Edited by bubsy, Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:47 PM.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 3:38 PM

He got "kidnapped?" That's the best he could come up with?

Sometimes I also find myself thinking the name of the show should be changed to Paternity Test. Not that I have a problem with that.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:58 PM

But these younger, healthier women who cry because they're kids steal, drink, smoke and call mom outside her name at age 10 get no pity from me.

Yes! I am with you on that 100%. Too bad Maury doesn't tell them that it's their fault that the kids are like that. And it's funny that most of those kids don't have a father in their life.

They should just rename this show "The Paternity Test Show" because that's all they do.

Sometimes I also find myself thinking the name of the show should be changed to Paternity Test.

I've been thinking for a while now that they should call it "The Maury Povich Paternity Test Hour".

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:03 PM

I get perverse enjoyment on the paternity tests shows when the women are wrong.

Me too. Every time it happens I say "YOU'S A HOOO!!, where I got from a long-ago post and it cracks me up. It never ceases to amaze me that these women come on the show and claim that the man was the only one they've slept with and then come back on the show with eighteen more men.

To be honest, I mostly only watch Maury for the paternity tests.

WORD! Anything else, CLICK!!!

I'm starting to hate the lie detector test shows because the accused are always willing to take them to "prove" they're not cheating, but when it doesn't go in their favor, the test is always bogus.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 4:09 PM

I have to admit, though, I do tend to be on the woman's side. Simply because I've had enough friends who have been through the same BS. It is particularly hurtful when you look at the kid and there is no shadow of a doubt that this is their kid. I remember in particular my friend Arianna in HS. I knew she gave her virginity to this guy, becuase I remember how freaked out she was about it. Girls talks, duh. But anyway, she got pregnant and he instantly went AWOL. When the baby was born and she brought her to school....it was insane. She looked exactly like her dad, just lighter. So he says that the baby was too white to be his. My friend was white, and he was half and half. How dark do you expect a newborn to be? It was all very stupid. So, innyway, I side with the women...until....

DUNDUN DUN! She proves herself a ho. When the guy says "That's why you got 4 baby daddies now" and her response is "So?" That's never a good sign. What really cracks me up is how some women still have the nerve to be as indignant with the 6th guy as they are with the 1st. But my all time favorite stupid bitch was the one who came on to test a guy for her baby. She was proven right. A couple months later she's back because someone else is testing her man for paternity. She was so sure her man wasn't this other girl's baby's daddy. It was funny, in a sad sort of way. If I'm not mistaken her words were "I know that's not my man's baby because he has dominant genes." Shut up, bitch. You don't know what that means. The other girl looked at her and said "I can't beleive you're acting like this when you were in my place last time." Word, girlfriend. Word. K, done ranting now.

CrazyMacy

CrazyMacy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:24 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that these women come on the show and claim that the man was the only one they've slept with and then come back on the show with eighteen more men

I'm telling you! I really think they LOVE being on televison THAT much, that they will actually endure the humiliation of being on there with 50 different possible fathers, think about it, in order for you to believe in your heart that so many different men are the father you had to have slept with 10-400 different men in a three week time peiod! My coochie can't take that man!

Wednesday they had Shawn on there, this older white woman who already tested three men, each time she says "Maury, I believe my search has come to an end"....and each damn time, those men say "I don't mind being a father, but not of her kid, she's crazy!"..........lordy!

Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:31 PM

My coochie can't take that man!

*snort* And that testing-nine-different-guys thing always bothered me too. No, you're not a whore, you just slept with a lifetime of men in a week. Not a whore at all.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:33 PM

And it's funny that most of those kids don't have a father in their life.

You know what's even better? When the dad's in the audience, and he stands up all, "I beat her ass, but nothin' works."

What really cracks me up is how some women still have the nerve to be as indignant with the 6th guy as they are with the 1st.

This is why I watch the repeat offenders.

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

*snort* And that testing-nine-different-guys thing always bothered me too. No, you're not a whore, you just slept with a lifetime of men in a week.

Thank you! I mean if I had became pregnant in my younger stupid days, at least I would know exactly who my baby father was, for 95% of the time I had slept with one guy at one time and there was triple protection used.

So I can't judge none of these mamas for being a ho, it's just after so many men and you don't know who the father is is really sad.

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 5:07 PM

I'm telling you! I really think they LOVE being on televison THAT much, that they will actually endure the humiliation of being on there with 50 different possible fathers

Not only that, but if i'm not mistaken, the show pays for the paternity test and these tramps get a free trip to New York. Does anyone know if the shows pay them for being on television?

wj 737 200

wj 737 200

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 3:10 AM

Just saw THE best paternity test "excuses". Okay this guy was with this chick for 17 years and had 5 kids he was denying, his excuse... when he was a kid he had a headache and acidently took an entire bottle of his moms birth control pills and she told him he would be sterile for the rest of his life and the idiot believed it. Of course he was the father of all 5.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:57 AM

See, he's an idiot, but his babies' mother is even dumber. Hello, why do you keep having children with this man who denies them?!

Does anyone know if the shows pay them for being on television?

I believe they just get free transportation and hotel accommodations.

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 2:53 PM

One of my favorite paternity test shows was a woman who said a man had to be the father of her son because thay both had the same little penis.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:34 PM

One of my favorite paternity test shows was a woman who said a man had to be the father of her son because thay both had the same little penis.

Did he end up being the father? In my experience with this show, it's probably a big, fat "no".

wj 737 200

wj 737 200

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:57 AM

See, he's an idiot, but his babies' mother is even dumber. Hello, why do you keep having children with this man who denies them?!

I actually forgot to add into that one reply that IIRC he only started denying them after the last one was born. I had a popsicle in my hand and tried to get the reply over and done with=)

Edited by wj 737 200, Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:58 AM.

Pink Mayuri

Pink Mayuri

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 2:46 PM

Yes, jw7579, he did in fact turn out to be the father.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:48 AM

Hee. Hee-hee. Hi, I'm eleven.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 6:54 PM

Yes, jw7579, he did in fact turn out to be the father.

And they'll both probably never live down that "small penis" comment. What a great time for a father/son bonding moment.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 7:14 PM

What an awesome "I'm Afraid of....water, trees and air" episode today. I've been waiting for a new one for awhile, especially after seeing the one where the woman was petrified of chalk. It's funny that SNL could never really parody these shows considering the source material is already as funny as it could be.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2004 @ 10:41 AM

What an awesome "I'm Afraid of....water, trees and air" episode today.

Besides the paternity test episodes, those fear episodes are my favorites. What where the fears in this one?

I remember that one with the chalk. I can't believe that she fell for that story.

(For those who didn't see that episode, this woman was afraid of chalk because her grandfather told her when she was younger that it was made of dead people's bones after they had been turned to dust.)

Edited by jw7579, Jan 24, 2004 @ 10:42 AM.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 2:16 AM

Hmm the fears were: bugs, frogs, snakes, ventriloquist dolls, birds (mainly pigeons,) mice, and maybe I'm mixing it up with another episode, but I think one was puppies.

Maury also showed a clip of a woman from 2000 who was deathly afraid of olives. Maury asked her "are you afraid of green olives or black olives?" and she screamed "Either! Either!!!"

Edited by Screamie, Jan 25, 2004 @ 2:18 AM.

bobeodoleo

bobeodoleo

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 4:11 PM

Maury also showed a clip of a woman from 2000 who was deathly afraid of olives. Maury asked her "are you afraid of green olives or black olives?" and she screamed "Either! Either!!!"

Oh, that episode was so wierd. She was afraid of the olives because they reminded her of her grandfather's eyeballs after he died. If I remember right, I think they had her eat some at the end of show, after she was all "cured."