HITG!: Folks from the X-Files in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

1166 replies to this topic

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2006 @ 5:05 PM

Apparently Darin Morgan wrote an unproduced script for the ill-fated NIGHT STALKER series:
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=5107

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 12:46 AM

Probably would have been the only one worth watching...I'm bitter.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 3:10 AM

Nick Chinlund appeared on Desperate Housewives again tonight.

grandefille

grandefille

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 10:28 AM

Jesse L. Martin as Marvin Gaye? Hell, yeah!

Can I get a witness, indeed. Young Mr. Martin is the only one around with Maaaahvin's charisma. Well, except maybe Usher, and he can't act. (But he's still talented.) Plus, Jesse L. Martin is physically very similar to Marvin Gaye. I'm gonna be drooling over that one, y'all. Oooh.

And speaking of drooling, saw the preview for "The Unit" just before switching over to "Bleak House" on PBS. (I keep wanting to give GA some iron pills in that role, BTW. Good LORD, just ... so ... lethaaaaarrrrrgic. Typical Dickensian Victorian Lady behavior, but aack.)

Anyway, in honor of Mr. Patrick's return to network TV, in fatigues and Kevlarô yet (sigh), I broke down just now and ordered one of the Sideshow ... um, action figures. In the Kevlarô. From "Medusa." For my desk at work. For inspiration.

Yeah, that's it. Oh, yes.

(P.S. -- Sorry for the hit-and-run. Love and smooches to all, hope all are well; been busy with work, baby niece [petitfille!], working out and new costly hobbies that keep me off the Internets. Y'all come see us if'n you can dig out from the snow; the "six inches" we got down here was more like a quarter-inch. Feel free to include your own joke here.)

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Mar 7, 2006 @ 8:28 PM

Just a friendly reminder that The Unit featuring Robert Patrick premieres tonight at 9/8 CST on CBS.

Agent Poops

Agent Poops

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2006 @ 4:19 AM

The other week I was watching Air Crash Investigation on the Nat Geog channel, and Chris Owens (Spender) was playing a navy guy in really dorky glasses in the reconstruction/dramatisation.

When I informed my boyfriend (not an XF fan) of this, he rolled his eyes - probably becuase we had watched Final Destination a week earlier. I was unaware that it was going to be an X-Files actor's parade, and I kept squeeling and pointing at the tv going "Thats the girl/guy from that X-Files episode where such-and-such happened!!!"

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:05 PM

Adam Baldwin is on Bones right now as I type this.

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

What's BONES like, anyway? It certainly seems like a Mulder-Scully situation...

Edited by ejluther, Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:20 PM.

Misirlou

Misirlou

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:20 PM

Adam Baldwin is on Bones right now as I type this.

I was just about to post this! Shucks.

They had an outdoor shot of the FBI building to which I sighed aloud. Sigh, old times.

It seems that way on the surface level but it's no where near as good. This show is far more sexually charged and plays that up quite a bit. It's not a bad show but it's definately no XF. I'd rather watch this than American Idol or whatever wife swapping family switch show that's on at the moment.

Edited by Misirlou, Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:24 PM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:24 PM

They had an outdoor shot of the FBI building to which I sighed aloud. Sigh, old times.

Yeah, I totally do that every time they show the FBI building, too.

Well, I think they're trying really hard for a Mulder/Scully type vibe (they even made a reference to Mulder and Scully in the very first episode), but don't quite pull it off, largely because they so obviously are trying really hard--it's not happening naturally. I like it enough to watch it every week, but it's pretty much carried by the charm and charisma of David Boreanaz who is great in his role.

Edited by smrou, Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:26 PM.

AnnieF

AnnieF

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:41 PM

I like it enough to watch it every week, but it's pretty much carried by the charm and charisma of David Boreanaz who is great in his role.

My thoughts exactly. I've been watching it because Boreanaz is really quite good, but the female lead was woefully miscast, I think. A poster on the "Bones" thread even specifically mentioned GA when lamenting the way that Emily Deschanel doesn't seem up to the task of fleshing out the role. She's no GA, more's the pity. The show is pushing the UST vibe way too hard, instead of letting it evolve naturally. And the leads don't spark off each other the way that DD and GA did.

Can't wait to see Knowle Rohrer, though! ;)

Edited by AnnieF, Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:42 PM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 8:47 PM

the female lead was woefully miscast, I think.

Yeah, Emily Deschanel is really pretty bad in the role, I think. Her performance is so dry and unnuanced, so she doesn't feel real at all. And the writing just isn't good enough that it can make up for poor acting, so the show ends up feeling really uneven largely because ED just isn't up to the task of selling it the way DB is.

Misirlou

Misirlou

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 7:09 PM

Our very own 'Foul One' is on a new FOX show called 'The Loop' for which I just saw the commercial for. Major HITG! moment there.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 8:53 PM

The lady that played the creepy mom/principal in Lord of the Flies was on the episode of Monk I saw last night.

Slippin' Mickeys

Slippin' Mickeys

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 1:51 PM

Okay, so I was just saw the trailer for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, and little Stevie from FTF is all grown up! And drag racing cars! In Japan!

AnnieF

AnnieF

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 3:52 PM

Does he still tawk lahk this?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 4:10 PM

I don't know about in this new movie, but I can tell you that when I saw Friday Night Lights, the only reason I recognized him was because he sounds exactly the same as he did when he was a kid. That voice is instantly recognizable.

Nutjob

Nutjob

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 6:19 PM

I recognized him in FTF from Sling Blade. And then in FNL, he still sounded and looked the same.

Slippin' Mickeys

Slippin' Mickeys

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 6:33 PM

[pervy]He looks kind of smoking hot in TF&TFTD[/pervy].

Edited by Slippin' Mickeys, Apr 3, 2006 @ 6:33 PM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 6:34 PM

I recognized him in FTF from Sling Blade.

Yeah, me too. He was always "That Sling Blade Kid" to me. It was only after seeing FTF at least a half dozen times that I started to identify him primarly with that.

FNL was a shock because he was all grown up. Once I figured out who he was I recognized his face, but at first it was totally his voice that was familiar. It's just so very distinctive. And awesome.

Edited by smrou, Apr 3, 2006 @ 6:36 PM.

kation

kation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 1:16 AM

I think I may have seen Darryl Mootz, a.k.a., "The Rain King," on Bones the other day, but I could be wrong. He was some sort of artist or something. I was just looking through the channels and I stopped and was like, "gosh, that guy looks vaguely familiar." He looks way older and way less scuzzy.

ETA: Yeah, it totally was him.

Edited by kation, Apr 4, 2006 @ 1:20 AM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 1:19 AM

Yes, you're right, kation. That was Clayton Rohner (Darryl Mootz).

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 4:39 AM

A few days ago I found myself watching Identity, a sort of horror flick on TV (which I stuck with mostly because John Cusack had one of the leads). And lo and behold, who do I suddenly see if not scary German-speaking guy from Unruhe. His eyes were still flickering the same way, but this time I felt more sorry for him than freaked out, since he wasn't lobotomizing anyone.

AnnieF

AnnieF

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 10:29 AM

That's Pruitt Taylor Vince. Looks like he's been busy on "Deadwood" lately.

csv

csv

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 11:09 AM

Oh, and don't forget John Hawkes, Kanel, the creepy writer dude from Milagro. He was also in that film. And I'm pretty sure there were at least a couple more XF guest stars in that film. I remember watching it and thinking it was like a mini XF-reunion.

ETA: IMDb tells me it was just one other guy - Marshall Bell, who was in season one's Fallen Angel.

Edited by csv, Apr 4, 2006 @ 11:15 AM.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 2:05 PM

Oh, and don't forget John Hawkes, Kanel, the creepy writer dude from Milagro. He was also in that film.

Really? Huh. I've blocked Milagro out of my memory because I hate it, so I wouldn't know the guy if he jumped up and plucked my burning heart out . :-)

And the other guy, too? How did that film turn into such an XF allumni magnet? Oh, wait, was it filmed in Vancouver..?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:17 PM

Rodney Rowland (aka Ed Jerse), Fredric Lehne (aka young Arthur Dales), and Michael Chieffo (aka Carl Wade in "Oubliette") were all on Bones this week. It's like a different XF alum (or three) every week on that show.

Edited by smrou, Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:26 PM.

Misirlou

Misirlou

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:27 PM

I KNEW HE LOOKED FAMILIAR! Damn, I can't believe I didn't place him, I guess it's because I was only watching bits and pieces. Word on the XF alums, not even like Vancouver area extras, major roles. Also, next weeks episode about voodoo and zombies sounds vaguely familiar...

ETA: reguarding Rodney Rowland

Edited by Misirlou, Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:29 PM.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:34 PM

I KNEW HE LOOKED FAMILIAR!

I had to look him up, actually. All the hair really threw me, but I knew I'd seen him somewhere, so I checked the cast list.

ipso facto

ipso facto

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 8:54 PM

His eyes were still flickering the same way, but this time I felt more sorry for him than freaked out, since he wasn't lobotomizing anyone.

Wow, really? Man, I thought he was just doing that eye flickering thing to add to his creepiness. I remember thinking that the actor showed real dedication in keeping it up, because I tried doing it for like, half a minute and it made me nauseous. But it would appear it's a real life thing. Poor bloke.

Edited because IMDb said this

As Rub Squeers, Paul Newman's emotional work partner in Nobody's Fool (1994), he put in an excellent performance which showcased his now trademark acting style of fast moving eyes to show sadness.

So, then I thought perhaps he was acting.

But then later on IMDb claimed this

Has nystagmus, a condition which causes a person's eyes to move involuntarily.

A condition it would appear the actor is making his trademark!

Edited by ipso facto, Apr 5, 2006 @ 9:04 PM.