The X-Files: I Want to Believe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5735 replies to this topic

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

For what it's worth, there is a grass roots movement out there to bring XFII to a theater near you:

http://slayathon.org...les/movie_2.htm

The sample ad is a bit creative, but should definitely mention Scully by name. And while I'm not sure about sending money that could be going to charity off to a stranger to beg a Hollywood studio to make some big-budget film, I think the thought is well-intentioned...

RDJisAOK

RDJisAOK

Fanatic

• Interests:Lost, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Family Guy, Boston Legal, Reno 911!, The X-Files, Sex and the City, Felicity

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 6:34 PM

Hi guys...

Just pulled out some of Jessica's old recaps and got all nostalgic. I miss you guys. How the hell is everybody? I just ordered the S8 DVDS on Netflix (since I have not the $122 to buy it... is that ridiculous or what?) and I realized I really haven't seen the show in awhile. I forgot a lot of it. So I'm kind of anxious to put in S8... something I never though would happen.

My thoughts on Flick Two... not gonna happen, for awhile, if ever. Sad, really.

(Hey Slip... how can you not be a Stalker yet? ;) Shoot me an email sometime.)

oneloudbitch

oneloudbitch

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 10:43 PM

For whatever it's worth, I found this a few weeks ago after I went googling for any info on FTF2:

In a recently published review of the new XF game, David Duchovny had this to say about the possibility of a new XF movie: "We're also working to put together the next X-Files movie. I'd imagine we'd get into shooting in the next year or so, depending on when the script is written." Yes, we've heard it before, and I imagine the key part is the "or so," but there you go. Full article at http://www.razormaga...m/games1203.php -- thanks to the usual suspects for sending that along.

I got the above quote from this site: http://www.carterphile.com/News.html

Ruby Trample of Woody End

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:13 AM

That is a really old interview - it's been quoted time and time again, so, still not happening.

Also see this. A much more recent article on the state on the movie.

Like I said, not happening.

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 9:12 AM

What?! No second movie?! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 6:15 AM

I sorta read it as: could be happening, but without CC. That's a good thing surely? Come on, it could mean that. It could so. So. So. I can keep this up forever, you know.

IvoryChopsticks

IvoryChopsticks

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 11:36 AM

Like I said, not happening.

Ah, always the voice of reason you are.

Using the game to gauge interest in a film is an interesting idea. But I'm not buying an xbox just for the game (if I didn't for Buffy, I'm not for X-files).

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 11:49 AM

But then you could get the Buffy AND X-files games, right? Oh, just ignore me, I'm only trolling for some incentive to buy a game system myself...

IvoryChopsticks

IvoryChopsticks

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

Must... resist... temptation. Or insane troll logic. Oh, who am I kidding, this just might be the thing that gets me into gaming. Guldurnit.

I think at this point I'm content with there not ever being a movie. But still, I check this thread out for news. So maybe I'm also good at self-delusion.

SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:36 PM

sigh TBTB so completely ruined it for me. They should have ended the show when DD wanted out (grr) and then made a movie right after to finish the series. At this point, I don't even know if they should try to make another one.

Unless Flukie stars, of course.

apeygirl

apeygirl

Fanatic

• Interests:X-files, American Idol, MST3K, Any Jane Austen movie done by the BBC, Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Heroes, Jericho, Lost, Smallville, Ugly Betty.

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 2:41 AM

I don't care if Carter writes it, directs it, and has a cameo in it. I want more X-files and I'll take whatever I can get.

Damn it. I'm sorry. That Carter stuff was uncalled for. But it may just clue you in to how badly I want this!

Let's recap. Skinner and Kersh may be dead. Mulder and Scully are on the run. Dogget and Moronica... who knows? And where the hell is Gibson? They couldn't give us some text at the end to tie it up neatly if they weren't giving us another movie? I need answers!!!!

Not that this show ever gives them. So that's too much to hope for.

Okay, I need Mulder and Scully - just once more. I've found other shows to love, but none as fervently as X-files. This is like The Prisoner's ending or something. That just can't be all there is.

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 8:02 AM

Skinner is so not dead. He's in Vermont with John.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:52 AM

Okay, I need Mulder and Scully - just once more.

That's how I feel. That's why I want a second movie so badly. I love Mulder and Scully. I miss Mulder and Scully. I need Mulder and Scully. I swear, it could just be two hours of Mulder and Scully sitting in a room talking to each other, and I'd be happy. Well, not very happy. But I just miss them so much.

God, how pathetic am I?

Jessica

Jessica

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 1:19 PM

If it were happening, it would have to have happened by now, and it would be all over the trades and it's not.

The thing is, CC doesn't need money and probably just wants to surf, FOX doesn't think it would make any more money, and it could COST a ton of money. No one wins here, business-wise.

ejluther

ejluther

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

Oh, Jess, I know you're right but I'm still hoping a Star Trek-style nostalgia bump for the X-Files will eventually bring our favorite agents back to the big screen. I realize it may take a few years and that I've said it before, but I just believe that FOX will not completely abandon a franchise that brought in more than a billion dollars. Especially once people forget Season 8 & 9 and have nothing but warm & fuzzy (warm & icky?) memories of the X-Files...

The series, starring Duchovny as special FBI agent Fox Mulder and Gillian Anderson as his colleague Dana Scully, is hugely profitable. According to the complaint, the series will generate a profit of $1.4 billion to $1.5 billion to Fox over its life as a network series, in syndication and in other formats. The series was also the basis for a feature film with a worldwide gross of almost $185 million.

http://www.x-files.gr/edavid.htm

apeygirl

apeygirl

Fanatic

• Interests:X-files, American Idol, MST3K, Any Jane Austen movie done by the BBC, Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Heroes, Jericho, Lost, Smallville, Ugly Betty.

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:46 PM

Sometimes I thank God for fanfic. It gives me resolution fan style. Fanfic will possibly get me through this drought... This drought that will never, ever, ever end. That makes me depressed. Now I've depressed myself. Drat.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 5:34 AM

I just hope it doesn't go the way Star Trek did, with everyone so old they had to wear wigs and corsets (and not in a good, kinky way).

bagbalm_69

bagbalm_69

Couch Potato

• Interests:Television, of course. And science.

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 10:14 AM

Okay CC, put away the bong, stash the surfboard and start writing dammit!

Islandgirl

Islandgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 12:24 PM

I really have my doubts that we're ever going to get a second XF movie, at least not one starring DD and GA as Mulder and Scully. If it were going to be released anytime in 2004, or even the summer of 2005, it would at least have to be in pre-production by now (i.e. CC, DD and GA would all have had to have agreed to do it and blocked off a four- or five-month timeframe in which to film) and that hasn't happened. GA is in England. DD is busy with other projects. CC seems to have been abducted by aliens. And I just really don't see any major studio releasing a movie in 2006 (or later) that is a sequel to a movie that was released in 1998. They really shot themselves in the foot by doing the eighth and, especially, ninth season of the TV show. They should have ended with "Requiem" in May of 2000 and then gone onto a series of movies.

Crow T. Robot

Crow T. Robot

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 11:44 PM

Something that bmills mentioned over on the Season 9 thread challenged my denial about a certain topic for a moment, and then got me to thinking: If another X-Files movie were made, and the Lone Gunmen were in it, in the flesh, alive, as if nothing had happened (which it didn't), would anyone complain? I, for one, would not even act as though it were out of the ordinary. Sometimes retcon is good.

Edited by Crow T. Robot, Feb 11, 2004 @ 1:50 AM.

garli

garli

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 12:49 PM

I think the real question isn't "will there be another movie" , but "what wonderful way will they kill off Monica?"

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 2:34 PM

Or: "how many more times can they kill off the major characters in the limited timeframe of a feature film?"

QuaranteDeux

QuaranteDeux

Couch Potato

• Interests:Chicago Cubs, Indianapolis Colts, Fighting Irish Football, reading, knitting, photography, finishing graduate school, sarcasm,

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 6:15 PM

Hey, good idea, garli! In that situation, not only do we get more XF, we get Dead!Moronica. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

pusher

pusher

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2004 @ 1:23 PM

It's incredibly sad of me to get all hopeful that someone possibly posted "hey, I found out the movie is going to be made" everytime there's a new post here.

apeygirl

apeygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 3:34 AM

Man, Pusher, I hear you. Boy, do I hear you.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2004 @ 12:12 PM

Hee! Me too. Exactly. Sigh.

Crass

Crass

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 4:52 AM

Drat! Foiled again!

apeygirl

apeygirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 5:38 AM

Me too. Every time this baby's at the top, I get all squealy. Then my hopes are dashed. And now I'm continuing the cycle of disappointment. Sorry, unlucky reader.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 10:57 AM

I've kind of already given up hope on the movie, but I still will read this thread every time it's bumped with some vague, um... hope-like-sensations that are not hope.

As An Amoeba

As An Amoeba

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 3:05 PM

Can't they see crystal-clear from the very existence of this thread that they have a ready audience? An audience of AT LEAST...um...five? I mean! Come on! FIVE! PEOPLE! At LEAST!!

I wonder if I actually drove over to Fox (which would be a fair haul considering I live in New England) and waved nine dollars and fifty cents right under their noses, if that would sway them. Nine dollars! And fifty cents! And there's more where that came from! AT LEAST five times more! Does "five hundred percent" sound better? FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT MORE!!

I suppose it's too much to hope that they did The Quickest Movie Shoot Ever while GA was in L.A. doing Ellen's show. (You know, without a script, or a crew, or anything like that.) Though, wait, DD's in New York still, isn't he? Curses! I wonder if I could finagle some kind of wacky Parent Trap-like scenario to get them in the same vicinity, and then surreptitiously film them, maybe patch in some old dialogue...sigh. I think I might be a little bit crazy now.