House of Representin': The Meet Market

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57922 replies to this topic

mr-mike

mr-mike

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:02 PM

The cool project name: The Twop Stoppers!

a support band and potential action adventure series!

Edited by mr-mike, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:02 PM.

deborah

deborah

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:04 PM

Hee. I keep thinking of lame puns to do with habits/hobbits, or the [monkeys] on our backs, or habits/nuns/suns/hot cross buns...

Edwin, you're on. You are my last favourite person of 2003! I'd have done it if necessary but I think everyone here knows just how chronically overcommitted I am. Thank you!

Alan Swann

Alan Swann

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:26 PM

Deborah, I was thinking along the same lines as you were -- with the addition of that golden oldie, the Butt Kickers -- but I think mr-mike nailed it on the first try: the TWoP Stoppers! (Hmm... Deborah, you were thinking about both "habits" and "nuns": you're not planning a career change that you're keeping from us -- and Frink -- right?)

Almost everybody here rocks, but on this last day of 2003, I'd say JoshuaJoshJosh and Druck rock the hardest. Kudos to you both for your golden hearts. And to all, a safe, happy, and (if you wish it) smoke-free 2004!

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:20 PM

Okay, we've broken open the sparkling cider and the PolyPocket village has been set up in my living room. After listening to Britney Spear's new CD, we are currently singing No Doubt Karaoke. I am typing this wearing a goofy, hot pink hat that has "Happy New Year" written in sparkly glitter. Dinner has been ordered (pizza, of course) and soon we will begin watching "Chicago" and "Pirates of the Caribbean." All of you that have sophisticated parties and drunken sprees at bars to go to, envy me because I am living the perfect New Years Eve.

Everybody stay safe. A little tip I learned from a highway patrolman. On nights like this, you should never drive in the left lane until you absolutely have to. That way, if a drunken driver crosses traffic, you'll have some time to react.

And now, a word from my guests:

First, everyone say hello to Scarlett:

Hey Baby!(no doubt=song there are singing!)! So how is the world of adults going? I am a 42 year old but am hired in moviesb to be kids! Since I look like I'm 10! Envy me because I'm not aging! Here are words of wisdom so you end up unaged!
1)Dont drink
2)Never have a stressing job
3)Dont smoke
4)Pay your taxes
5)Dont battle with the goverment, IRS, or any collection companys and esopcacially your land lord
6)Get 14 hours of sleep
7)Weigh between 90-115
8)Eat healthy
9)Try not to grow taller than 4'9"
10)Do yoga, excersize, get a personal trainer
Thank you and be sure to look for me in Lord Of The Rings(Im a hobbit double), Cheaper By The Dozen(I am Sara), A Cinderella Story, West Wing, Six Feet Under, and my daughter will be appearing in Sex And The City (as Brady Miranda's baby) Happy Holidays from all of us here at Little People Inc.

Whew! I think Scarlett has been hitting the Sparkling Cider when I haven't been looking. For a little more insanity, let me introduce Christian (everyone say "Hi, Christian!"):

yo yo yo! christians in the house! im a 21 year old girl! let me tell you about my exciting life! im dating keanu reeves(no joke!) i am in huge demand. these are the movies i'm in -- The Matrix (that's how I met keanu), my voice is in finding nemo, I played the starfish in the fish tank named peach. I was in Haunted Mansion. I was the only good thing in it so I'm easy to spot. When I'm not starring in the latest Hollywood Blockbuster, I am on tour with my rock band, 3 Alarm Fire. I also have my own clothing line called Holy Rollers. Right now I'm spending New Year's Eve with my 42-year old mom, Scarlett and my little brother, Ryan and my love, Keanu. Well, I've got to go. shizzle fer my nizzle. happy new year!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! As you can see, I've got my hands full. Well, Keanu, Christian, Scarlett and all their various personalities are off line for now to enjoy dinner. Everyone have fun.

Edited by mjforty, Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:59 PM.

mr-mike

mr-mike

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:27 PM

I loved Pirates - Keith Richards, er Johnny Depp made that movie

Saoirse

Saoirse

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:56 PM

mjforty, I think I'm second runner up on the perfect NYE. I'm now on Season 2 of Sports Night, have eaten far too much brie, and am still nursing my single glass of wine (don't tell my mom or my sister or my doctor). The beautiful part of my evening? I was in my pajamas at 5:00 this afternoon. Ah... the joys of having my tiny apartment to myself!

Edwin, I'm with you on sweets. Even if you don't find a Butt Buddy, I'll partner with you on quitting the sugar addiction.

thel222

thel222

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:57 PM

Generally more comfortable lurking and having only jumped into this pool occasionally, I still wanted to take the time to wish you all a Happy New Year and to thank you all for the TwoP experience this year. Thank you for the many laughs and, Iím somewhat embarrassed to admit, the many tears. Thank you for the thought provoking conversations and the challenges youíve put forth. Thank you for the IPs/GVs sent my way and thanks for letting me see that sometimes the glass really is half full. May 2004 find us all to be more giving, more appreciative, happier and healthier than weíve ever been. And then letís strive to spread it around.

countrygirlsons

countrygirlsons

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:24 PM

I certainly can't top that, the1222. Beautiful sentiments.

I am on my way to spend the turn of the clock with one of my pet-sitting dogs, the coolest dog I know besides my own three. He lives in a beautiful old farmhouse, on a gorgeous property, and he has a satellite dish! As my husband has gone to sleep (work tomorrow), I've been watching TV here alone, eating french bread, cheese, and oysters, and am now leaving, in my sweat pants and old shirt, to go for a walk with the cool dog, and hang out with him in his beautiful house for a while, watching old sitcoms or something. I like this kind of New Year's Eve---I can be reflective, I can be simple, I can be hopeful and quiet. This is a good life.

I wish you all the very best of everything in the New Year...and most especially continued hopefullness that all things are possible. (And much joy, good health, love, successes of every kind.)

And to top it all off, I just turned into a video archivist!!!

Edited by countrygirlsons, Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:31 PM.

Alexandria

Alexandria

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 11:09 PM

There's a British Airways plane that's been sitting on the tarmac at Wash. Dulles since it landed at 7pm, being searched by the FBI and TSA.

I had chili for lunch that may have been a mistake, so I took a nap for couple of hours. It's nice to have another 4-1/2 day weekend. Then when I got up I had an e-mail from my parents that included this:

We've been a little busy - Dad didn't tell me right away, but he started having pulsating headaches on the right side of his head on Friday.† Sunday morning we went to the ER at Suburban Hospital, where they did a CAT scan and blood tests and kept us there for almost 7 hours.† The CAT scan showed that Dad had a hole in his head (which, of course, we already knew).† They referred him to a neurologist, whom he saw Monday morning.

The doctor took a history, and ordered an ultrasound of the carotid arteries and an MRI.† Finally this afternoon, after nine holes of golf, Dad went back to the doctor who confirmed that Dad had had a small stroke sometime in the past (Dad says on our honeymoon), and that the pain, which is _not_ connected with the stroke and which is much less severe now, will gradually subside as he continues his life of debauchery and plays golf and walks and takes his low-dose aspirin and Lipitor.† Growing old is very interesting.†

In the meantime, I've been "coming down with bronchitis" (according to _my_ doctor_) so she put me on antibiotics and cough syrup and said "get out of town."† So as it turns out, both M.D.s said to go ahead with our travel plans.† We leave for Florida on Friday morning and will be gone for a few weeks.

My parents are nuts. Yes, I know that's predictable, but still. A few GVs for my folks on their trip south would be appreciated. If you're on I-95 South on Friday or Saturday, beware.

Saoirse, I am way jealous of your SN DVDs! I've been keeping my eye out for some good deals. Border's usually has a coupon in the A section of the paper, but right now they are having 'buy 4 DVDs get 1 free'. Phooey. Amazon had the WW and SN DVDs as a 2-fer for $83.98 and free shipping, I think that's as good as I'm gonna find right now.

Also, Saoirse, don't forget to look out at midnight at the fireworks at the Masonic Temple!

The TWoP Stoppers: We've given up nicotine, caffeine and sugar. Don't Bug Us! (no monkey)

To all the TWoPpers I've met online and offline, thanks for a fun year. Thanks to Glark, Wing and Sars for pulling through.

Deborah, you rock the casbah. Happy Festivus.

Happy New Year! God Bless Us, Every One.

Edited in honor of Alan Swann's reappearance. And maybe other reasons having to do with typing.

Edited by Alexandria, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:04 PM.

cookee

cookee

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 11:12 PM

Nice twirl there, bdsk! You must have been paying attention! ;-)

ms black, I knew the call of the Sports Night DVDs would get to you. I'll be seeing you soon! Hee!

Happy 2004 everyone!

FSUGirl

FSUGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 11:20 PM

I invited a bunch of people over tomorrow for the Orange Bowl (FSUGirl, I'm not getting into a trash talk match) and none of them are coming. My party is going to be me and Mr. Dsayko. How depressing.

So sorry to hear your Miami-losing party is a bust, Dysako. ;) I'll be watching alone here in Minnesota, but I'm not counting on a win for my 'Noles. It's been a weird year. I'm just hoping for a semi-dry field and an exciting game.

Count me in on the support for those who want to quit. I'd be willing to quit french fries to aid the effort. I'll do it in memory of my grandfather who died of lung cancer and left my grandmother a widow at 49. And for those who are worried about failing - remember, even cutting down will improve your health. We are behind you all the way!

I'm sitting here in my pj's, watching Anne of Green Gables. Not exactly cool, but hey, I'm comfy. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Edited by FSUGirl, Dec 31, 2003 @ 11:21 PM.

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:16 AM

Anne of Green Gables! One of my favorite book series-cum-movie series. Gil was sooo hot.

It's entirely possible that posting drunk leads to strange posts.

Happy new year's east coast! And, uh, everyone else.

Also: Being drunk and reading The DaVinci Code is a little strange, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far.

woopwoopkitty

woopwoopkitty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:20 AM

NYE greetings . . .

mjforty, I think I'm second runner up on the perfect NYE. I'm now on Season 2 of Sports Night, have eaten far too much brie, and am still nursing my single glass of wine (don't tell my mom or my sister or my doctor). The beautiful part of my evening? I was in my pajamas at 5:00 this afternoon. Ah... the joys of having my tiny apartment to myself! Ė Saoirse

I'm sitting here in my pj's, watching Anne of Green Gables. Not exactly cool, but hey, I'm comfy. Happy New Year to you and yours. Ė FSUGirl

Ha! You two think you've got the market cornered on NYE fun? You outta be at my house. I'm sitting around in my fat lady sweats, wearing my new Xmas Uggs and a glittery HNY tiara, munching pizza, and watching - whee! - TWW. It's Red Haven's on Fire, a repeat from S4 and features Sam.the.man still on the campaign train. And I momentarily ago saw a glimpse of pre-podLeo. (okay, so Snuffin muffin AND Amy just flickered across the screen, but I'm blocking that out). And, the dogs are really feeling quite festive and so is Ralphie my cat. I'd call that festive, wouldn't you?

From waaay ago. . .

I've already licked the bowl clean.

Heh. Thatís the only reason I buy brownie mix. I usually end up with just enough batter to cook it in a 9Ē X 9Ē pan. If I tried to make them in the usual pan of 9 X 13, the brownies would be about half an inch thick and like shoe leather. Ė Ics.

You are my soulmate.

HNY to everyone. Be safe, here's to a better brighter year ahead for everyone.

ETA: hey! I just saw Abbey. I think it was Abbey. A beautiful vibrant confident woman with not a frowsy head in sight. Honest, I swear, it was her.

Edited again . . . as good as campaign train sounded I'm thinkin' it shoulda been trail. And damn, my man Fitz just kicked some Kundunese ass. I haven't even finished my first cocktail and I am wanting to jump every WW man in sight. Those boys are *sizzzzzlin* Remember Charlie? He was in this one too. They even let him talk. More than 5 lines. Really. No, seriously, no monkey.

Okay, last edit, I swear. Only two sips on the cocktail and I can't shut up. Here's what I say to smokers afraid of failing, and how you feel about having a support group. Not quite verbatim, but here's what I just heard:

Sam: I'm gonna lose big.
Toby: Yeah
Sam: I'm gonna get creamed.
Toby: Yeah
Sam: So why are you here?
Toby: Cause next week they're gonna throw rocks at you. And I want to be standing next to you when they do.
Sam & Toby: (big hug)

Nuff said.

Edited by woopwoopkitty, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:11 AM.

Meddow_Lea

Meddow_Lea

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

Happy 2004 everyone. Heres hoping itís better than 2003.

I need to call on the combined life experience and wisdom of the MM for bit of advice. My parents told me today that they are going to let my brother move into my room after I move into my flat in February. I put my heart and soul into decorating that room to make it perfect, even down to the tiny details (for example, left over fabric from my 6th form ball dress is used to decorate my shelves) and I really donít want my brother the ruin that (also: he smells). On the other had I have only spent the holidays living in it this year and eventually the room has to be used for other things. Am I being unreasonable by not letting my brother use a room that I am never really going to live in again?

My new years eve was not as bad as expected. My dad was given some gourmet meet for Christmas and my parents cooked the most delicious home cooked meal I have ever eaten. It was chargrilled smoked Salmon with rocket and Parmesan followed by lamb racks coated with a herb crust. After that we ended up playing hearts and 500. Iím probably the lamest 18 year old in the world to have New Years with my family but it was quite nice.

Edited by Meddow_Lea, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:00 AM.

clemens

clemens

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:03 AM

That's it, after I graduate, I am moving to LA. Not only will mjforty help my birthdays to cease in their suckitudity, but she can, apparently, also pull off the perfect New Year's Eve.

It wasn't perfect, but I was pretty happy with my night. Went out for scrumptious Italian with my parents, then hung out with Michael Phelps and a scrumptious Italian at my cousin's house, then came home and welcomed the new year watching our friend Dulť in Holes.

I like 2004 already. Know why? I just checked my email, and I haven't received any spam at all this year.

Thank you to everyone who offered encouragement on the smoking cessation front. I truly appreciate it more than I can express, but now I have this big pile of Good Will in my lap and I'm not sure quite what to do with it, because I do understand where Spro and company are coming from. I am down to 0-2 cigarettes a day from over a pack a day at my peak and these last few are absolutely the hardest to give up. It's just a matter of trying to increase the number of days with zero and decrease the number of days with two. I don't think I could take the pressure of trying to go cold turkey, and like others have said, I know I can't stand to fail at something else right now. So, thank you, thank you for all the GVs. I plan to check in here for encouragement when I think it will help, and when it won't, I'll try not to beat myself up too badly about it.

Happy New Year, everyone! May it bring you peace, health and happiness.

lcs

lcs

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:06 AM

The TWoP Stoppers: We've given up nicotine, caffeine and sugar. Don't Bug Us! (no monkey)

Or. . .Spongebug us!

Am I being unreasonable by not letting my brother use a room that I am never really going to live in again?

Not unreasonable, just sentimental. Is there a way you can take some of the small, personal touches?

It's entirely possible that posting drunk leads to strange posts.

Heh. No kidding, not to mention typing.

The BiL and SiL just left. The roast was soo good, if I do say so myself, Apples to Apples was a hit, but I donít think weíll be having roasted chestnuts anytime soon. Ugh, not so good.

Iím going to get comfy and sit in front of the fire with Mr. lcs.

IP&GVs to Mom and DadAlexandria and those sharing the road with them ;-)

Edited by lcs, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:07 AM.

Edwin F. Sneller

Edwin F. Sneller

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:07 AM

All right! All of you Quitters need to email me and we'll try and set up TWoP-Stopping buddies. You can go through my profile, or just email efsneller@hotmail.com.

Are we going to do the 100-day rewards, or what? I just need some consensus on what I'm coordinating.

mjforty

mjforty

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:43 AM

Am I being unreasonable by not letting my brother use a room that I am never really going to live in again?

While I understand your feelings, the truth is, it is your parent's room to do what they want with, including allowing your brother to move in. I understand that you put a lot of time and effort into the room but you're on your own now and the room shouldn't just sit empty. I agree that you should probably ask your parents if you can take one or two things that you particularly like but then you just have to let it go. The price you pay for being an independent adult is that your parents are going to hand over your old room to your brother. Not such a bad price to pay.

Saoirse

Saoirse

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:35 AM

Bookworm Buried in Avalanche of Reading Material I thought you guys might enjoy this.

Happy New Year!

Monco

Monco

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:59 AM

I'm not a smoker (well, okay, I do have the occasional cigar, but I'm not an addict. Yet.), so I have no idea about how hard it is to quit that particular habit, but for all those people whose New Year's resolution is to lose weight, I thought I'd encourage you by saying that it's a lot easier than it seems. Since mid-November, I've dropped over twenty pounds, and I wasn't really that overweight to begin with. The trick, I've found, is fourfold:

First, find a low fat food that you like, or in the very least, can easily tolerate day after day. For me, it's turkey sandwiches (on wheat bread with mustard, no cheese). So my typical diet is a bowl of Quaker's Instant Oatmeal in the morning with skim milk, a turkey sandwich for lunch, and a turkey sandwich for dinner, along with a salad. It's not pizza or Chinese food, but it's actually not bad, either. And when I just can't face another sandwich, I'll go ahead and get a packet of sushi at Safeway.

The second step is drinking water. Lots of it. Not only is it healthy, but it makes you feel full, and therefore, less likely to snack. If, like me, you hate drinking water because of its blandness, get some Crystal Light. It adds a lot of flavor, but has hardly any calories. And you can pick up massive quantities of the stuff at Costco for only a little more than a six-tub container costs at a grocery store.

Third, heavy exercise really isn't that necessary. I mean, try and be as active as possible (fortunately, my job has me running all over the place for eight hours a day), but I've noticed a lot of people try and change their diet, run a mile a day, and hit the gym all at once, and inevitably fall off the wagon within a few days. Just try and move around as much as you can throughout the day. I've just recently started jogging, but only because I've sort of hit a plateau in my weight loss, and am trying to get it going again.

Finally, if you find yourself seriously craving pizza or whatever, go ahead and have some. So long as you don't make a habit of it too often, or make a total pig of yourself when you do indulge, it won't do nearly as much damage as you think it will. In fact, it's likely that whatever weight you do gain will be gone in a day or two. Just don't let one day of cheating turn into a week-long bender.

Believe me, I know it sounds like a lot, but it's all worth it when you notice that the jeans you had to struggle to get into a few weeks ago start to feel loose around your hips.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:40 AM

Hope everybody had a better New Year's Eve than I did. To quote my other once-favorite show, on a scale of one to ten? It sucked. Well, that's not entirely true. Monster was good, if somewhat overwrought. But work was a bitch. Under normal circumstances, video stores are busy on NYE, but add to that (a) one person left early, and (b) another one was, to put it nicely, a slacker. So it was exhausting. Not only that, but the party at the bar I thought would be a nice deal turned out to be a bust.

Sorry. Self-pity can be worse than a hangover. Happy new year everybody!

marije

marije

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:56 AM

Meddow_Lea consider yourself lucky that your parents told you that he was going to move in...when I came home one weekend from university I opened the door only to find my room was turned into a complete pigsty! I completely understand how you feel, but try and follow mjforty's advice. I think she's usually right.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by marije, Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:57 AM.

Lampton

Lampton

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:39 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

Well..the surgery is scheduled for 8:30 am tomorrow - so I am not allowed to eat after 8:00 pm tonight and no liquids after mid-night - that is the one I am going to have trouble with cause I normally take a bottle of water that I have freeze in the freezer and then top up with cold water - that way I have ice cold water by my bedside all night long.

The surgery only takes a couple of hours - and then a little while in recovery before they shove you home, but I probably won't feel much like being on-line tomorrow, so I will check in on the weekend.

maki

maki

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:50 AM

Taking a break from the nose-blowing to say: Happy New Year everyone! GVs to all for 2004. Also, GO BLUE!!!!!

To the person(s) who invented NyQuil and DayQuil, my I just say, Bless You.

Although I was feeling a bit better last night, I opted out of going out. I decided it was better to actually allow myself the rest I need to get better. My friends were so nice - they ordered out from our favorite pasta place and came here with the food so I could be part of their New Year's celebrations. Yay for good friends.

It occurred to me yesterday that the worst thing about this cold is not that I coughed and sniffled and witnessed the first moments of 2004 in a NyQuil enduced haze, its that my driver's licence expires on Wednesday and I have to have a new picture taken. I'm going to spend the next four to eight years looking like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on my official photo id. Oh, bother.

Anyway, I hope y'all had fun last night and that everyone has a wonderful year. Happy Birthday to Nomad, IPGVs to Lampton and anyone else who needs them.

rjgg

rjgg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:02 PM

Hi everyone! I'm just popping in to wish everyone a happy new year from sunny England.
Hope you all have had a good past week. My grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party went off really well. Everyone was present and in good health I'm pleased to report.
I'm back to uni on Monday (boo!) and am surprised there is only 60 pages to catch up with. Thats my first couple of days of term taken care of for me.

Edited by rjgg, Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:03 PM.

RedLady

RedLady

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:14 PM

Lampton, IPGV for your surgery. Be sure to have a semi-large meal before the cut off time.
Does anybody have any "good luck" foods that you *have* to eat on New Year's Day? My ex's family does pork and sauerkraut, but my family never had any traditional foods. What's the Irish good luck food? (That's my heritage).

Alexandria

Alexandria

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:47 PM

What's the Irish good luck food? (That's my heritage).

A hair 'o the dog that bit ya?

IPs and GVs to Lampton for tomorrow.

Maki, cameras at the DMV have an ugly lens on them anyway.

Go Terps! Fear the Turtle. (Especially you, Alan Swann)

Would someone like to come over and take down my Christmas decorations? No? Okay.

Joshua Josh Josh

Joshua Josh Josh

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:42 PM

Happy new year everyone!

Yesterday's plans didn't work out quite as we had planned, but we managed to have a fun NY's eve anyway. You see, we planned on going skiing around 2 p.m., then stay at the ski resort for the torchlight parade and the fireworks that night. So here we are, all geared up and bundled up, driving up the canyon when suddenly we come to a complete stop. As it turns out, we almost got caught in an avalanche. There were only about 10 cars ahead of us when it happened. Sooooo, we turned around, and determined to ski, we went up a different canyon to a different ski resort. It took forever to get up there, and when did, we were told the lifts would close in 1/2 hour. Even though it was snowing like mad, we still decided to do one run. Needless to say, we were the last ones on the slopes, proabably because since we're trying to teach our 5-year-old girls to ski, we were going extremely slowly. Ski patrol in tow, we finally made it down the slopes and got back in our car, but because it was snowing so hard, traffic down the canyon was totally backed up, so we missed the torchlight parade and fireworks which have been our favorite NYE tradition for years. Instead, we sat for 2 hours in our car, waiting for the guy in front of us in his Saturn with bald tires to figure out how to make it down the canyon without killing himself. Grrrr.

Anyway, we still got together with our friends and had a great time playing Outburst. BTW, thought you should know that I KILL at that game! :)

Edwin, I'm with you and Saoirse on the sweets thing. Let's quit together! And thanks to Monco for the diet advice. Most people roll their eyes when I tell them I want to lose weight (I only weigh 120 pounds), but I would really, really like to look again like I did before I had the twins. I only need to lose 5 pounds to get there, and I believe I can do it if I detox myself from sugar. So let's do it, sisters!

Edited by Joshua Josh Josh, Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:48 PM.

ersatzreality

ersatzreality

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:24 PM

Happy New Year, y'all.

Long noodles for long life. On New Year's Day...and birthdays and anniversaries. Or any day of the year.

Time to go shopping with my 10yo angel.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:49 PM

I like 2004 already. Know why? I just checked my email, and I haven't received any spam at all this year.

LOL. I'm enjoying the year already because I haven't had to work all year!

Happy New Year everyone!