Pokemon

• Please log in to reply

1729 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

After the Nimbasa City ordeal, Ash and Iris take in the sights of the city. Cilan decides to compete in a train rally, where he has to collect stamps from all of the subway stations in the city. Seriously, I miss Brock . . . he'd seldom get an erection for anything other than girls. Meanwhile, Cilan's striking poses and getting sweaty at the prospect of collecting all sixty stamps, which would allow him to duel a Train Boss. Did I mention Cilan had three days to do this, yet he only has one day's notice?

Since we need something to tie things together, Ash and Iris run across a lost Axew. Cilan finds her owner, and we go through a mild comedy of errors of the gang trying to reunite . . . and natch, Cilan forgets his huge quest, getting all but one stamp. When the trainer reunites with her wayward Pokemon, it's with the help of the Train Bosses. Those guys decide to cut Cilan a break, challenge him and Ash (duh, he's the franchise) to a two-on-two battle. Never mind that Pansage and Tepig get raped in short fashion by the Bosses' Pokemon (including a chandelier-looking ghost-type) . . . as long as everybody is happy in the end, isn't that what counts. Seriously, we gotta get a girl for Cilan . . . and Lil Miss Faux French ain't it.

I mentioned going to a con last week. The only Pokemon cosplayers I can remember were various Togepi. I did take this picture in the parking lot. That's a die-hard fan, right there.

TDI Ashley

TDI Ashley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

Catching up.

I really liked Bianca's Gym battle episode, even though it sucked for her to get so easily swept by Elesa. Still, I was glad to see Ash lose to her dad. Seriously. He can't win every single battle. Nice to be reminded that even the main character can lose sometimes. I'm also glad Bianca caught another Pokemon. She's only been lugging around Pignite and Minccino for months, so nice to see her with a Shelmet now. However, I would've liked to have heard an update on Luke and his Zorua. Last I saw, she left the tournament with them and stayed with them for a while.

I didn't like Ash's Gym battle all that much, mainly due to Pikachu. When did it suddenly get so coddled, it has to have what it wants right away? It acted like such a brat over not being picked for the battle and only got in, anyway, from shocking Ash. I laughed so hard at Iris, Cilan, Pikachu, and even Axew screaming and nearly falling over at finding out that Ash's main strategy was only using Palpitoad, though.

As for yesterday's new episode, it's always fun to see the other non-Ash party members battle, because it feels like we see their Pokemon so rarely, mainly to use as reminders that they're trainers, too. So I enjoyed Cilan finally getting to battle again. Though I'm a bit saddened that he lost. He's a Gym Leader, for Pete's sake! He should've kicked Ingo and Emmet's asses! I call BS on Ash getting to take part, though. He didn't even collect any stamps!

Whew. So I'm all caught up now. Can't wait to get up-to-date and stay that way next week.

Direct question to Lantern7. Do you like Cilan at all? These posts really sound like you don't.

Edited by TDI Ashley, Mar 4, 2012 @ 7:45 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

TDI Ashley . . . I wouldn't call it "hate" per se, like any of Team Rocket's dumbass plans, or the new batch of rvials. I know Cilan is cut from the Brock mold, in the sense of being a Gym Leader (or sharing the role) and a little older than the others in the cast. It's just . . . he gets all wrapped up in being a connoisseur. And a fan of various things. And you never know what will set his boner off. I liked Iris more or less breaking the fourth wall this week, muttering about bracing for a long lecture.

I will not knock his bow tie, though. As one sci-fi legend has famously put it, bow ties are cool. And he does fit a lot of dining crap in his backpack . . . almost as if it were bigger on the inside. Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Lantern7, Mar 5, 2012 @ 2:10 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

I haven't seen this week's episode yet. In the meantime: Worst Pokemon "First World" Problems and Pokemon: The Drinking Board Game.

ETA: Short story . . . fucking shit, it's a Trip episode. Kinda. Sorta.

The gang is finally leaving Nimbasa city, when they run into Trip. As expected, he has five (x+1) badges, and he really doesn't give a fuck about Ash. Turns out he's looking for grandmaster champion ultimate trainer Alder, who is basically the franchise's version of Jirayah from Naruto . . . a badass who carries himself like a goober. Way back when Trip was a kid (and a cheerful one at that), Alder gave Trip advice . . . stuff about being the most powerful. Well, Alder doesn't remember that. And Trip is pissed. He battles Alder, but the guy who's supposed to be the elite takes a nap. Trip stalks off, deciding that he'll continue on his way of doing things.

Since we have half an episode left, Alder noshes with the gang and hits on Nurse Joy. Then a Gigalith (final evolution of Roggenrola) runs amok in the city. Alder uses his Bouffalant at first, but then uses his l33t skillz to find out that the rampaging Pokemon had a nail in its foot. Yes, we've seen this before, but it doesn't matter. Alder encourages the gang in their respective quests, though he does ask what they'd do after attaining their goals.

One note: who doesn't love Bouffalant? It's a buffalo with a giant afro! And I love how Alder had his eyes closed on the sideline, not giving orders, and Bouffalant's all, "Hey! Asshole!! A little help, please?!?"

Finally . . . the art of Mike Gaboury. This includes terrifying takes of Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard, and a warrior with troubling wardrobe choices.

ETA2: Disney princesses as Pokemon trainers. Enjoy!

Edited by Lantern7, Mar 11, 2012 @ 1:07 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Anybody keeping up with the series? We've had quiet episodes, in the sense that a Team Rocket attack would not have been out of place in prior seasons. Last week had a guy trying to do stage work with his three Maractus. They're basically cacti with rhythm . . . like crossing Cacnea with Ludicolo. This week's episode involved a photographer trying to find the place where his grandfather took a pic of four Sawsbuck. The kicker is that Sawsbuck typically change appearance with the seasons, and those four had different looks. Yadda yadda yadda, Ash and the kid go into some kind of timewarp thing and find the quartet, but not before our guest start took a wicked poison hit from an Amoonguss.

Edited by Lantern7, Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:37 AM.

Mathewt

Mathewt

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

I'm watching it, but I find that the standalone episodes bore the heck out of me. I find enjoy: gym battle / tournament episodes, ones that advance the season's metaplot, and ones that involve catching new pokemon or existing ones learning new abilities. Other than that, I tend to skim a lot.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 4:09 AM

Lantern7
Anybody keeping up with the series? We've had quiet episodes, in the sense that a Team Rocket attack would not have been out of place in prior seasons. Last week had a guy trying to do stage work with his three Maractus. They're basically cacti with rhythm . . . like crossing Cacnea with Ludicolo. This week's episode involved a photographer trying to find the place where his grandfather took a pic of four Sawsbuck. The kicker is that Sawsbuck typically change appearance with the seasons, and those four had different looks. Yadda yadda yadda, Ash and the kid go into some kind of timewarp thing and find the quartet, but not before our guest start took a wicked poison hit from an Amoonguss.

Lantern7, I've actually been doing a catchup marathon of these episodes. I was surprised that Team Rocket's been oh-so-absent from the Unova episodes since the subway two-parter.

That said, I liked the Alder episode, but Trip was a real dick to Alder, the Champion. I hope he's creamed by Alder if he ever gets to fight him. And I liked the Maractus episode, but it was nothing wholly special except for Emolga not being a bitch, for once. But Ash once again coming out with the heroics kinda made it a bit predictable. And the Sawsbuck episode was sort of interesting, but I felt let down by Iris and Cilan being lost halfway through the episode. I was intrigued that they only thought they'd been separated for ten minutes (which explained why we didn't get a look in on them after they'd been separated from Ash) while Ash thought he was gone for a whole day. I much rather would've seen Iris and Cilan see the four Sawsbuck all at once, too, though.

However, today's episode marked the first time I've ever really liked Ash's Snivy. Ash and the others met a trainer named Katharine and her demanding Pokemon, Gothita. She wanted Ash to trade one of her Pokemon for his Scraggy since Gothita had a crush on it, but he wouldn't do it. So Katherine battled with her Mandibuzz against Ash's Tepig for whether or not there'd really be a trade. Ash won (natch), so no go. And Gothita was not happy. In fact, it became really clear that despite being Katharine's Pokemon, Gothita was the one calling the shots. At least Iris noticed it. Don't know if Ash and Cilan did.

So even though no trade was in order, Gothita still tried worm its way in with Scraggy, who initially disliked it, but came to like it later on. But it was much to Axew's upset, as Axew has apparently become Scraggy's best friend (through being training buddies, no doubt). (But I'll pause and say that it had a partially amusing nightmare about what'd happen if Ash and Tepig had lost the battle. But also partially disturbing.) Axew tried to keep Scraggy from Gothita's clutches to the point of accidentally getting it in trouble with a Garbodor, the evolved form of Trubbish. The kids manage to drive it off using Katharine's Deerling and its Aromatherapy to calm it down.

Here's where my liking for Snivy comes in, though. The episode concludes with a battle between Ash's Snivy and Katharine's Gothita, both of whom have come to despise each other (throughout the episode, Snivy basically saw what a horrid bitch Gothita was and basically let it know how it felt about it, albeit subtly, and then very blatantly). Gothita never really stood a chance. Snivy beat the tar out of it, sent it an awesomely smug look that dealt an equally awesome smackdown, and basically sent it running off in tears of anger and upset. A spoiled brat of a sore loser who clearly hates not getting its own way. Katharine left Ash, Iris, and Cilan after a quick goodbye to try and calm Gothita down, and it was back to the journey to Driftveil City.

So with this episode, I finally have at least one of Ash's Pokemon to like. Tepig and Tranquill are okay, I guess, but they're near-total ciphers. We got a bit more on Scraggy, but I'm still neutral on it. And I can't stand Oshawott. And Pikachu's getting close to the point where I'm thinking it's too overused and overexposed to really keep liking.

Finally, this episode surprised in that I thought Iris would call Katharine out on how she lets Gothita treat her. She's not gonna get very far as a trainer if she lets her Pokemon be the boss instead of working equally with it. But surprisingly, she left our heroes without getting such a lesson. I really thought she'd realize what she was allowing to happen and put her foot down. Guess that's something for another day, assuming the kids meet Katharine and Gothita again down the road.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

Checking in once again to see who else is watching. Last week, the gang ran into some Deino (perhaps the least-imaginative English-named Pokemon out there), including one that couldn't come out of its shell. The plot teased the idea of Iris adopting the little guy, especially since its a dragon-type, but its owner came back in the end. Probably for the best . . . I just hit Bulbapedia. Look at the evolved versions of Deino: Zweilous and Hydeigon. That's just a bit too much for my tastes.

This week: Unova's version of Glygarman: Accelguard! And natch, Ash is the only person who doesn't know that Accelguard and his Accelgor are the new guy and his Accelgor that encountered earlier. The admonishment of "kid" from fits this time. There's some shit involving a Team Vanillite, which might be a one-shot threat. Oh, and Team Rocket does Team Rocket crap, which means that there's probably not going to be any movement for at least twenty episodes.

Brandi Maxxxx

Brandi Maxxxx

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 2:06 AM

Last week, the gang ran into some Deino (perhaps the least-imaginative English-named Pokemon out there)

Seems that way until you notice the pattern in its family: Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 2:15 AM

Agh! The German words for one, two, and three! Never caught that!

Lantern7, you catch the recent Gothita episode, too?

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

The admonishment of "kid" from fits this time.

Heh. I pointed that out to my kids, who I think at 5 and 7 were a step ahead of Ash this time.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

Posting for this: the "hunt" for a real life Pikachu. Given the lack of big-time CGI, I think the filmmaker did a good job.

As for the current series? Well, Cilan's brother Chili got help getting his Pansear to use Solar Beam. I think they was a direct homage to Rocky II, with Pansear running up stairs and shadow-boxing. After that, Ash and Friends had to get special healing herbs to placate the local Gym Leader so he can battle Ash. That led to a two-part epic with Legendary Pokemon and Team Rocket skullduggery. They didn't go into traditional over-the-top bullshit, but it didn't occur to them to upgrade their chopper in order the get away with their haul.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

New 3DS game allows you to catch Pokemon in the room where you're playing. If you read the link and get sexually aroused, then this is the game for you . . . and you might have something wrong with you. Just sayin'.

Oh, and Ash finally got to battle Clay for his fifth badge. The match turns when Ash's Roggenrola evolves into Boldore and takes out Clay's Excadrill for the win. Also, Clay says "whippersnapper" so many times, I kept expecting cuts to Cilan and Iris chugging beer every time he said that word.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Oh, and Ash finally got to battle Clay for his fifth badge. The match turns when Ash's Roggenrola evolves into Boldore and takes out Clay's Excadrill for the win. Also, Clay says "whippersnapper" so many times, I kept expecting cuts to Cilan and Iris chugging beer every time he said that word.

Do you think there's a one-to-one translation of whippersnapper to a Japanese word? I'm thinking, no.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

Fun episode this week . . . Team Rocket gets compentant again, mining the hell out of a cave for precious rocks, and kicking out the local Joltik and Galvantula . . . . electric spider Pokemon. They go out and drain the juice out of the Pokemon Center, Pikachu and Stunfisk and Emolga . . . .the latter two while still in their Pokeballs. The gang gets joined by fucking Bianca, who winds up knocking Ash into water twice. Our Heroes manage to drive the Rockets off, but not before they make off with some of the precious minerals. In news of possible long-term importance, Cilan's Dwebble evolves into Crustle, the Rock-Shaped-Like-A-Giant-Loaf-Of-Bread Pokemon.

Will Team Rocket get new Pokemon? I know they haven't been around much, but it's getting boring merely seeing Yanmask and Woobat over and over.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

So . . . Ash got a new Pokemon. Actually, we've been seeing Krokorok and his kickass shade several times . . . but after it helped Ash teach some kiddies about training and battling, Krokorok joined Team Ketchem. Seriously, that's his ninth Pokemon this season. He's only allowed six at a time, right? Meanwhile, are Iris and Cilan going to be stuck at three apiece? Doesn't seem right to me.

I went to AnimeNEXT this weekend. Wound up with this sketch of James from a very special episode. I also attended a panel for "Pokemon: The 'Bridged Series." While it doesn't feel as crisp as stuff from LittleKuriboh and Team Four Star, it does a great job of making the old-school characters look like total psychos.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Meant to post. Hate being lonely. Just found this: Pikachu on Acid. The obvious question: how come Mukk isn't the most popular Pokemon of all time in that universe?

As for last week's ep: the gang run afoul of Bouffalant and get separated, with Iris and Axew getting stuck with Ash's starters. The kicker is that the Bouffalant attack those not like them during their head-bashing season, so Nurse Joy makes everybody wear "curly hair wigs." I say "curly hair wigs" in quotes because they don't just say "afros." It's kinda hysterical seeing the critters in bad wigs . . . except for Pansage, whose head bush just gets poofed up. In the end, Iris helps a hurt Bouffalant . . . and doesn't add it to her group, even when it seemed that was going to happen. Will Iris or Cilan get any new Pokemon? Or does Ash go into the big tourney with two dozen combatants?

Edited by Lantern7, Jun 21, 2012 @ 11:15 PM.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

Will Iris or Cilan get any new Pokemon?

I've been wondering this myself. A Bouffalant would have been a very interesting addition for Iris. It's too bad they didn't go there. I do like Krokorok with Ash. It kind of makes sense.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

JTMacc99 . . . my point is that Ash now has nine Pokemon, when he's always required to have six. At the very least, we should see him try and juggle them with Prof. Oak or Prof. Juniper. Remember when he brought out Mukk in the tournament, just in case he needed it? That's what I would want, even if it's not revealed until the last minute.

In the latest episode, the gang meets Skyla (Skyler?), an aviation-themed gym leader. Surprise . . . there's no errands to run or roadblocks in the way! But then she reveals her "Sky Battles," where she matches her Pokemon with her opponent's, and declares victory or defeat accordingly. This pisses Ash off, and Cilan even moreso. I think Brock would have overcome whatever chubby he would've gotten from Skyla to protest Skyla speeding through "battles" to go flying in her plane, so Cilan getting really angry makes sense. Skyla's grandfather shames her into facing Cilan in an actual battle . . . and Cilan loses. But Ash steps up, and he's probably going to set things straight next week. Hey, as predictable as this plot might be, at least we didn't get an "X+1" moment from Trip, followed by a curbstomp and Trip dropping a deuce upon Ash.

Cute moment . . . Cilan got into "EVALUTION TIME," and Iris interpeted it as "boring lecture" time. That was funny for me.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

Two weeks ago: Ash and Skyler have their fight. Ash gets his sixth badge, and Tranquil gets an in-match evolution to become Unfezant. And since Unfezant doesn't have the sweet red mask, that means it's a girl. Oh, and Skyler gets her love for battling back.

Last week: no clue. Cable snafu. I'll be recording the repeat tomorrow morning.

Today: It's another Battle George tourney, and you know what that means: another game of "Which Rival Needs To Be Punched In The Fucking Face?!?" Trip still talks a mountain of shit, and he spreads it around like butter on a bagel. But since he's got a girder-wielding Konkledurr, he can get away with the smacktalk. Georgia is still the nasty "dragon buster," and iris needs to kick her teeth in. I think Burgundy is slightly more bearable, since there's little hope of her getting one up on Cilan in any arena, be it battling or the connoisseur thing. Bianca is still a primo ditz, and she knocks Ash into water. AGAIN. Oh, and Stefan is there as well, and nobody gets his name right. Maybe he and Butch should start a support group. Or start talking like Stefan from SNL. He gets a little confrontation with an a-hole that has a Throh, a natural rival for Stefan's Sawk. Anyway . . . Stefan and Sawk scored a victory, Ash and Scraggy barely beat a badass Simisage, and Burgundy and Iris got ready for their battle.

Curious: does anybody miss the contests? Great that we don't get dragged into another set of games, but creative power uses are kickass. That said . . . I do not miss the judging panel, including the "remarkable" guy.

ETA: Last week's episode was cute. Stefan intercepts the crew and guides them to a contest held by Skyler's grandfather. There's boat racing, true-or-false questioning, a masquerade contest, and an annoying bitch named Ricky who uses his Elgyem to get ahead. After a castle race and a bit of a fluke involving Litwick, Stefan gets the win, and he rings the Wishing Bell. Sadly, the others still butcher his name . . . but he also wished for luck in the "Clubplosion" event. Oh, and Cilan gets knocked out cosplaying as Elesia, even though he did a pretty good job at crossdressing. James would have been proud.

Edited by Lantern7, Jul 15, 2012 @ 9:48 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

New episode will be airing in less than six hours, but I thought that I should post now because Penny Arcade is going into a Pokemon storyline. "The Proxy" has Gabe's kid getting into his first tournament, and things don't look good. Here's Parts One and two.

ETA: The "Clubspolsion" continues apace. Iris & Excadril barely manage to beat Burgundy & Dewott, and Burgundy continues to annoy by dropping French expressions over and over. Trip continues to be a dick to Ash, and Ash still insists on talking with him. Montgomery is revealed to be a douchebag in his own right, though with his Throh, he has a right to be arrogant. Georgia wins her first round battle, threatening to kick Iris's ass throughout the episode. And Trip and Konkledurr easily fuck up Emboar, whose main handicap is having Bianca as its trainer. Guys, she spent most of this episode molesting Scraggy, Sawk and Stefan, trying to feel their muscles. Man, she's annoying . . . though to her credit, she didn't knock Ash into water this week.

Edited by Lantern7, Jul 21, 2012 @ 4:40 PM.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

Since I'm fairly new to Pokemon, has it always been the case that Ash shows up with what is essentially a knife to a gunfight? We've been watching some of the older episodes on Boomerang, but it is the Black and White series that I've seen from start to current. It's just strange to me that Ash has a big stack of Tepig, Scraggy, and so on, and everybody else has what are much stronger Pokemon.

I understand why he doesn't let Pikachu evolve (being the face of the franchise and all), but everything else seems to be just a way to make Ash look like huge underdog in every battle.

Mathewt

Mathewt

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

Ash usually ends up with a handful of partially to fully evolved Pokemon by the time a series is done. Usually he ends up with a bird flying type (Pidgey, Taillow, Pidove, etc) that ends up fully evolved. Some of this starter Pokemon end up fully evolved, some don't.

He does have a habit of thinking that "heart" will trump evolution though, so he rarely seems to have an issue with sending unevolved Pokemon up against evolved ones, especially if one evolves into the other...

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Quick note: I didn't see the latest episode. I set up the VCR, but I had it set on "PM" instead of "AM." I'll record the repeat this Sunday . . . thanks to weird-ass CN programing, the repeat is always eight days after the first-run episode, meaning I might have to record Saturday's ep, record Sunday's ep 24 hours later, then watch both at the same time. All I know is if Ash faced Trip, Scraggy probably got beat like a rented mule, and Trip did everything short of pissing on it.

BTW: has there been any mule-type Pokemon? Also, is there an index of all the names used in the anime dub? I'm curious if mine has come up yet.

Shippaisha

Shippaisha

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 4:20 AM

BTW: has there been any mule-type Pokemon? Also, is there an index of all the names used in the anime dub? I'm curious if mine has come up yet.

There is no mule Pokemon as yet; IIRC the closest you can get is horse (Ponyta/Rapidash), zebra (Blitzle/Zebstrika), giraffe (Girafarig), and cattle (Tauros, Miltank, Bouffalant). Unless you count HM Mules/Slaves, which is a different concept entirely.

And serebii.net has a pretty extensive list of all anime characters in its Anime Character Bios section. As you can imagine, the list of Minor Characters is quite extensive. And what hasn't turned up there, I'm sure Bulbapedia makes up for.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 7:59 AM

I'll record the repeat this Sunday

My cable (Time Warner) has a bunch of stuff available from Cartoon Network available on the the Kids On Demand channel. I know that they have various Pokemon episodes available, including the new one. I just don't know how long from the original air date it takes before they make it available.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

All caught up . . . apparently, Emboar managed to rally two weeks ago, because Bianca is in the semis. Not surprisingly, Trip is not in today's episode, probably because he can't stand to stay on the sidelines and watch inferior people and Pokemon battle. Because he's a dick, you see.

Anywho . . . Emboar winds up losing to Stefan's Sawk. Natch, nobody pronounces poor Stefan's name right. Meanwhile, Ash & Scraggy take on hair-flipping doucheknob Montgomery and his Throh. This is not as even a match as you'd think, and that's saying something. Scraggy could've evolved three or four times, and it still would've gotten its face beat in.

After lunch and a grope session on Sawk from Bianca (she can't touch herself now, not with that really long and tight skirt), it's kung-fu Pokemon time! Throh gains the upper (three-fingered) hand a few times, but Sawk manages to use its "bulk up" mojo and get the win . . . coolest part being Sawk respectfully bowing to Throh before the raging red Poke collapsed in a heap. Stefan wins the Poke-vitamins and all the other goodies . . . and yet he's not 100 percent happy because everybody pronounces his name "Steh-fan." I'll come back with stats later . . . like the number of French bon mots from Burgundy and such.

ETA: Thanks to JTMacc99 for pointing out Time Warner putting repeats On Demand, when I thought only the old school stuff was posted there. Anyway, I think the highlight of the tourney might be Emboar recovering from its beating, swiping Konkledurr's girders, and flinging them into its face and gut for the KO. Awesome. And yeah, Trip just kept on trucking afterward, because he's a punk. Actually, the biggest thing might've been Cilan going into "Evaluation Time," only to have Stefan block him in mid-sentence. That was also awesome, even if bitchy Burgundy got a chuckle out of that.

Edited by Lantern7, Aug 4, 2012 @ 5:54 PM.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

Actually, the biggest thing might've been Cilan going into "Evaluation Time," only to have Stefan block him in mid-sentence. That was also awesome, even if bitchy Burgundy got a chuckle out of that.

I kind of enjoy all of the other characters, doucheknozzle, bitchy, or ditzy.

I thought it was interesting that they made absolutely no attempt at giving Scraggy a chance, and that they showed the very cool Emboar vulnerable due mostly to Bianca's one note style. Of course, the final match was pretty much set in stone from the moment Sawk and Throh bumped into each other, but the semifinal matches were interesting in the way that each opponent lost.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

I went poster happy, here and here.

While I'm waiting for 1KidsEntertainment and his friends for the next "Pokemon 'Bridged" ep, I found Pokemopolis, which recaps every damn episode. Sick and cool stuff, and it brings back memories of the old school stuff.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

After the Clubplosion arc, it's time to tell Stephon to fuck off and get back to Ash's path to glory. Thanks to a training session with Emolga, Swadloon (one of Ash's constantly rotated Pokemon) evolves into Leavanny . . . a tall, fey-sounding grass critter that spits out silk and makes outfits for the gang's Pokes. Emolga is not thrilled. Snivey's face translates to: "Wait . . . I'm a grass-type. I'm eighty percent leaves. I don't need a damn leaf outfit!!" Anyway, while the gang naps, a bunch of Durant steals the outfits . . . and Axew, who is wearing a superhero costume. Oh, the Durant? Nasty metal ant critters that would've made Misty piss herself. Sadly, I don't think any of them can throw down upon a basket in the Unova region, let alone Oklahoma City. Hijinx follow, highlighted by Ash and Scraggy getting wrapped in leaves to draw out the Durant, who just wanted the stuff to chow upon. I don't think the ensuing battle was needed . . . but fuck it, it's a kids show. Why not fighting?

Also . . . when did Scraggy and Axew become best buddies? And who's the next Pokemon to evolve? I think I know . . . I accidentally saw an image featuring
Spoiler
, though there's always a chance another Pokemon can evolve before that one.

Edited by Lantern7, Aug 12, 2012 @ 12:48 PM.