Paradise Hotel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

897 replies to this topic

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 7:29 PM

Fox Reality Channel is running the top 25 moments of Paradise Hotel right now. The good news is that it is going to be repeated at midnight tonight and through out the week. There are cast interviews that they are showing with the clips.

Myrna, is still an idiot.

leezard

leezard

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 2:07 PM

Myrna was indeed a treat on the "best of" moments. From what I was able to decipher from her incoherent rambling, apparently she was glad that she mixed things up the way she did. That way, she said, people would know that she was real. That she was her. That she was doing her. That she was for real. That she wasn't sucking up to anyone.

Which says a lot about Myrna, if you think about it. It appears that she feels the only way to prove one's honesty or forthrightness is to be a gigantic ass to everyone you meet. In light of that, it follows therefore that she believes everyone would be a gigantic ass to everyone they met, if only they were honest enough. From there it's a short step to realizing that Myrna's natural state is "gigantic ass," and that she feels anyone who is anything less is just faking.

idiotboxloverr

idiotboxloverr

Just Tuned In

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 11:33 PM

I did not watch season one, so all the twists and turns during season two did surprise me. And the finale really caught me off guard. That was so awesome to me! I never would have guessed it would end like that. Super cool!

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 12:11 AM

Dammit, don't reward a girl $90k when she has THAT low of self-esteem. I know Zack was just trying to erase his douchebag image by giving up some of his money, but geez. I hated that schmaltz.

Chazzwassah

Chazzwassah

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 8:36 AM

Ok, am I the only one who thought this entire thing was fixed and simply an exercise in repairing Zach's image? I feel taken for a ride.

I can't believe I had to sit there and listen to Myrna talk again! Most. Annoying. Voice. EVER. She sounds like a cross between a Valley Girl and Charlie Brown's teacher. wa wa wa, like, wa wa waaaaaa

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 9:20 AM

That was anti-climatic. I wonder why they brought back the last seven guests voted out and not all of the guests.

As soon as Ryan and TD removed Mike and Krista you knew what was going to happen. Actually, the same could be said if they have removed Zach and Stephanie.

A pretty boring ending.

leezard

leezard

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:00 AM

I think it's funny that Stephanie was asked "are you sleeping your way to the top," based on her having slept with Zach and Ryan both. Isn't it also true that 100% of the male finalists had slept with Stephanie? Who's sleeping their way to where, one wonders?

I was a little disappointed in the end as well. Nice twist to give him three checks. Charla would've kept the 200K and made a bitchface that it wasn't more. She wouldn't be mad though, pinky-swear!

Zach reminds me of the Rupert of Paradise Hotel. He lost, but we're going to keep putting him on the show until he wins.

Stella MD

Stella MD

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:20 AM

Can someone give me a quick recap of the finale? I take it Zach won? That's lame... and vaguely suspicious.

Edited by Stella MD, May 20, 2008 @ 10:21 AM.

MakingMeCrazee

MakingMeCrazee

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 12:23 PM

I felt completely ripped off by that ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, now, as much as I HATE Ryan "feel the Ridge" -- he deserved to win -- that jackass has been there since day one! I feel completely abused and ripped off! What the hell was that all about?????????

Edited by MakingMeCrazee, May 20, 2008 @ 12:23 PM.

Chazzwassah

Chazzwassah

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 12:36 PM

leezard> So much word on the Charla thing. Ugh.

Making Me Crazee> I agree! At the very least, the checks should have been split 4 ways so that The Ridge could get *some*thing (besides STDs!) for sticking it out that long!

Stella MD> It was down to Zach and Stephanie v. TD and Ryan. Seven of the guests who have gotten kicked off (why not all of them, I haven't a clue)...Myrna (wa wa), Lauren, Mike, Kristen, Aaron, Chris, and James...showed up to be judges. The four finalists each had to give a speech as to why he/she should stay. Ryan's speech was directed toward Mike and Kristen...something along the lines of, "I'm not asking you to vote for me; I'm asking you to forgive me." TD cried and said that she doesn't feel guilty about anything she's done b/c she was just being herself and they should all respect that. Stephanie licked all their hineys clean and I can't recall what Zach said.

Then all the kicked off guests voted for which couple they thought deserved to stay. Zach and Stephanie won, 4 to 3.
TD and Ryan had to pick between the two who got "the Ultimate Prize". In what I feel is a suspiciously strange choice (considering TD is Stephanie's "best friend" and Ryan was close to her at one point = he slept w. her), they picked Zach.
The "Ultimate Prize" turned out to be $200k, which, according to Amanda B., makes Zach "a rich man"...a fact that i beg to differ. Op ed: Not only is $200k not THAT much money, but can you imagine putting up w. all that Drama and crap only to find out you win *drum roll* $200k?!

ANYway, Zach received 3 checks, one made out to him and the other two blank. He had to go and decide if he was going to keep it all, split it 2 ways or 3.
He ended up giving $20k to TD, and splitting the rest ($90k each), with Stephanie.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Blah.

Edited by Chazzwassah, May 20, 2008 @ 1:07 PM.

Stella MD

Stella MD

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 3:13 PM

Thanks, Chazzwassah!!

Zack coming back as the only 1st season guest (and the very last new guest this season) always seemed weird to me, and his winning seems weirder still. Like he somehow argued successfully/sued that he shouldn't have been disqualified last season (perhaps he could document other unaired threats that didn't result in someone being kicked off). Or maybe he has incriminating photos of Kent Weed.

Not only is $200k not THAT much money, but can you imagine putting up w. all that Drama and crap only to find out you win *drum roll* $200k?!

I'd take $200K for doing nothing but drinking excessively, hanging out by the pool, and bitching! Besides, it's a lot more money that any of these clowns realistically will earn anytime soon, if ever (of course, that's just cuz they don't want to earn it, right Ryan?)

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 4:48 PM

They all seemed to think a job that paid $50,000 a year was a ton of money.

Realistically, $200,000 is not enough to make you wealthy but it is enough to pay off debt (if you have any) and probably put a down payment on a house. That is a decent payoff for what they did. I just wish that the people knew what they were playing for before the game starts. They don't have to let them know about the ability to split the check but they should know what they are playing for.

Maybe they think that if people know what the prize is they won't participate because it is not worth risking your image on national tv.

tawdryhepburn

tawdryhepburn

Video Archivist

• Interests:Winner Cycle 3 of America's Next Top TWoP Model, bitchesl!!!!!!

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:05 PM

The only positive thing I have to say is that *maybe* TPTB (Kent Weed, I am talking to YOU) will release the 1rst PHo as a boxed set so I don't have to shell out 200 bucks on ebay for a bootleg.

That? Sucked. Did Zach have a billionaire in him too who footed the entire bill so he could redeem himself as the bad celebuwant (so much politer than fame whore) who comes back to do everything right and win? That is my theory; I cannot think of another reason for the way this played out.

I think the hot tub is officially closed.

Chazzwassah

Chazzwassah

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

StellaMD> That is a good point. Perhaps the $200k was a pay-off. What an odd amount, anyway.

ProfCrash> Oh, don't get me wrong. If someone wanted to give me $200k, I wouldn't turn it down! $50k a year would be an AWESOME salary for me since I only make $32k (is that a faux pas to mention? No idea.). But in terms of game shows, $200k seems small somehow. I guess I'm used to people winning millions, you know?
I thought maybe the Ultimate Prize ™ was going to be Paradise Hotel itself.

I personally would have written out one of the checks for a penny...for Mryna. ha

donkey skills

donkey skills

Just Tuned In

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 12:46 PM

originally i kind of respected myrna for being a total jerk and not caring about anyone liking her, but now i know why. she's a fairly well-known bikini/nude model and was just doing the show to be seen in a bikini as much as possible. google myrna star for plenty of pics of her surgery-scarred ta-tas.

it does sort of shed some light on her "i usually date guys that make over 50k and drive nice cars" comment.. she's probably fairly well-off on her own and wouldn't want to have to support a guy. plus she does skanky car modeling gigs so she probably knows thousands of guys with nice cars.

Sterling Blue

Sterling Blue

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2008 @ 12:42 PM

So "Paradise Hotel 2" wasn't as crap-tastic as the original "Paradise Hotel" but I watched every episode anyway. I kind of wish they'd have an update on what happened to the cast members of "Paradise Hotel 2."

Inquiring minds want to know:

Are Mike and Tanya still together? (Maybe they're not, because she pimped herself out on "Millionaire Matchmaker.")
Are Zack and Stephanie still "friends with benefits" or did she take the money and run?
Did Raheim and James finally admit the obvious and get it on with each other?
Dd Myrna ever get the stick out of her butt?
Did Ryan ever work out his "ridge" issues?

And I know about Nathan (the apparently closeted guy) who committed suicide.

Sometimes when the Fox Reality Channel does a marathon of past reality shows, they have updates and new interviews on the cast members. I hope they do that for "Paradise Hotel 2."

librarywhore

librarywhore

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 26, 2008 @ 6:51 PM

I caught the reunion this morning. Nothing too exciting, I fast-forwarded through most of it. Still, I will miss Paradise Hotel. I hope there is a 3!

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted May 27, 2008 @ 12:33 AM

What did I learn from the reunion? Mike and Tanya are not dating but still have sex when they see each other. Myrna is still a bitch. TD is a vengeful person and a bit of a bitch. Ryan is a huge dick. Raheim appears to have learned something. Stephanie regrets hooking up with Ryan. Johnny is still an idiot. Yup, that is about it.

Myrna is seriously bitchy. She holds a grudge and went after Tanya claiming Tanya needs to spend more time on her make up. Wow. Myrna can try and claim that she is not shallow but she is one shallow, mean, bitch.

TD was flat out catty and bitchy towards Lauren. Of course everyone thought that TD pushed for Stephanie. Duh. We all thought that. Ryan had shown that he could have sex and drink, that is about it. Ryan avoided making any type of strategic decision the entire game. So why was TD surprised to hear that people thought that she forced Ryan to choose Zack/Stephanie? Lauren's reply to TD's question was reasonable. Lauren even said that she was wrong but that is what she thought at the time. TD still called her names. I get being pissed that you lost but TD had the chance to tell the guests that the decision was a joint decision in her speech and choose not to. TD knew she had angered people and that she was not liked. So why was she surprised to lose? And why pick on Lauren?

Ryan seems to be proud of his hooking up with Stephanie. Hell, he seemed to think that convincing her to hook up in public places was a great idea. He seems to think that it is cool that he was using his appearance on the show to sleep with women. He came off as a vapid idiot who needs to grow up.

Stephanie at least had the common sense to know how bad she looked on TV and clearly regretted hooking up with Ryan. Especially the very public way they had sex. It sure looked like she felt regret through my TV screen.

Raheim clearly realized he looked like an ass and kind of apologized for his behavior.

Johnny came out in nothing but board shorts or boxers (it was hard to tell) and managed to rub his crotch against Chelsea's back. Or at least rubbed it close enough that she knew what he was doing.

mrsmonroe

mrsmonroe

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

Haven't seen the reunion yet but I have to admit I enjoyed watching the show. I tuned in late, after the first few episodes, but I ended up watching almost every week. I'm not sure that Zack deserved to win because he came in so late and I have a feeling that somehow his coming back and winning has something to do with his disqualification from last season. Ryan should have won. It was nice of him to split the money and while $200,000K is a nice chunk of change, it certainly isn't enough to make you rich. And Myrna thinks $50,000K a year is a lot of money? Hmm, depends on where you live and what the cost of living is, I suppose, but $50,000K isn't much. That being said, I think Myrna is one of the most unlikeable people to ever grace reality TV. The girl has absolutely no redeeming qualities and seems like a hateful, shallow, cruel piece of work. I think TD is the same way and her tears at the end were idiotic.

I think Stephanie has serious confidence issues. Sleeping around the way she did was kind of pathetic and sad. She seemed like a nice person and she is quite pretty but you can just kind of see that her self-esteem is low. Maybe she got teased growing up about those jumbo boobs of hers.

I'm not surprised that Mike and Tanya aren't dating. They never made sense to me. I think I liked Mike best out of everyone on the show. Tanya seemed like the best pick for him of the girls who were there but in the real world, not so much.

Overall, I hope they do a season 3. It's fun, mindless entertainment!

talabone

talabone

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 12:28 PM

Maybe she got teased growing up about those jumbo boobs of hers.

Really? Surely to god those are not real.

I was a little disappointed in the finale going all Survivor style and was hoping that Stephanie would win.

I am hoping they show the reunion up here in Canada!

Chazzwassah

Chazzwassah

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 9, 2008 @ 12:29 PM

Really? Surely to god those are not real.

Nope, they're not. I can't remember where I read that, but they are fake, fake, fake.

littlebopeep

littlebopeep

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 20, 2008 @ 10:37 AM

I just finished watching PHo2 on Hulu and feel the need to go to confession - and I'm Jewish. This show is the most embarrassing guilty pleasure of all time, second only to PHo1, which I lapped up, of course.

Does anyone know if the reunion show is up anywhere?

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 12:59 PM

PoH 1 is rerunning right now on Fox Reality. PoH 2 runs tomorrow. Just in case people care.

snarts

snarts

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 7:09 PM

PoH 2 runs tomorrow

...and it's the reality remix version with the cast commentary.

bangs

bangs

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2008 @ 9:15 PM

I'm still hoping for the Melrose Place ending ...

Mischievious

Mischievious

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 11:54 AM

I watched the marathon. Of course I was busy doing other things so really, it was more of a I "watched" the marathon.

Dave is slimy and sleazy. I am annoyed with how in the revealed interviews he states he never lied, but rather chose his words very carefully. Then in the show he admitted to lying. Make up your mind fool. Also, by choosing your words carefully and implying one thing but not meaning it, I would classify that as a lie also Dave.

Charla may have been self-centered and selfish, but I'd take her over Dave any day.

I'm not sure why, but I have always liked Amanda. She seems like she has a good head on her shoulders.

Tara bought a monkey?! Yeah, you really used that money for your family, huh? Seriously, who in the world has a pet monkey, besides Ross on Friends?

Barrett0033

Barrett0033

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2008 @ 1:20 PM

Seeing as those updates for season one are years old I would love to see a more recent one. I am curious to hear if anyone besides Zach (and I never, ever thought I would type something like that) grew up at all or if they are still holding grudges.

As for season two, all I can say is what a huge disappointment that was. Hell, if they do a season three I would rather see the season one cast back rather than taking their chances with a lame ass cast like season two. When a long time Zach hater is actually rooting for Zach of all people you just know it's a shitty cast.

puddley

puddley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:17 AM

I watched Paradise Hotel 1 for the first time this weekend and the thing that really bugged me was in the post interviews when Charla kept saying she won the money so it was ok for her not to share it with Dave. She didn't win the money, the only reason she got any money at all was because they made them switch partners at the end. If she had stayed with Dave she would have gotten nothing and I think 40% of that would have been her fault. As much as people hated Dave there wasn't a lot of love for her. I wish they would have said what the vote totals were so we could see if it was even close.