Anderson Cooper 360

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1762 replies to this topic

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 3:54 PM

Won't it still be airing in its old timeslots(s) anyway?

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 4:25 PM

Yes, it will be repeating. I have noticed, though, that they edit out minor things in the repeats. And of course those can be the most entertaining gaffes. Unless they have changed the podcast recently, it is very limited compared to the show -- about 15 minutes of broadcast gets cut, so I stopped watching the podcast.

Edited by jjj, Jul 7, 2011 @ 4:25 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

AC has tweeted that during breaking news story they will be live at 10pm as well - two shows a night and one during the day? Who is he, Ryan Seacrest?

Cosmos2

Cosmos2

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2011 @ 11:36 PM

TVNewser says AC360 will be live at 8pm and re-air at 10pm. They will have live updates "as news warrants," but most days CNN will be on tape after 10pm.

http://www.mediabist...t-10-p-m_b74988

mochilero

mochilero

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 16, 2011 @ 1:11 AM

Seriously, Anderson, just shut. Until you come out of the closet, you have NO RIGHT taking the moral high road against homophobia. There's absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between you and Michele Bachmann's husband. Or Larry Craig. Or Ted Haggard. Or ANY of those hypocrites for that matter. Come out or shut up!

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 9:33 PM

Well, Day One of the new time slot for AC360. At least in this first broadcast in the new time the made a pretense of coming back "live" at the former time (10:00 PM ET). But I'm missing the only program that was actually "new" at 10:00 PM. Now it is more like the evening news. I turned to Bloomberg News for live news -- it is all financial, but at least it is live. And from the Hong Kong exchange (with British analysts) at the 10:00 PM hour.

Edited by jjj, Aug 8, 2011 @ 9:36 PM.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Aug 12, 2011 @ 1:00 AM

Man, his ending segment on calling out Paula Abdul haters was about the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. I guess it was suppose to be random and witty. It was random and stupid.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

Kudo's to Anderson Cooper for calling out Michael Pearl and his child rearing methods.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2011 @ 7:25 AM

Does anyone else watch 360 via itunes subscription? I'm about to give up. It used to be about a half hour, now it's down to ten minutes or so, and often I just get an error message.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

Surprised to not see any comments on NYE w/ Kathy Griffin. I loved it, as always. Once again Kathy got Anderson to giggle like a little girl. They are so funny together, & I don't think Kathy slipped up this year, so CNN should be okay w/ bringing them back again next year.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

What I don't understand is that if CNN has permission to film in Times Square, and Lady Gaga and whoever are playing in Times Square, why can't they show it? They went out of their way to show a close up of nothing - an advertising screen I think - when she was singing, and even cut the audio so we didn't hear her or crowd noise during that time. I could see some of her back up dancers behind Kathy at one point.

The Green Goblin thing was horribly unfunny. What an embarrassment, but I guess Andy had fun flying around. He should have saved it for his daytime show.

Edited by braggtastic, Jan 2, 2012 @ 7:16 PM.

Fungi Wisdom

Fungi Wisdom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

Until you come out of the closet, you have NO RIGHT taking the moral high road against homophobia. There's absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between you and Michele Bachmann's husband. Or Larry Craig. Or Ted Haggard. Or ANY of those hypocrites for that matter.

While I agree he would do more to end homophobia by being a proudly out gay man (assuming he is), AC isn't anywhere in the same league as the others of this group. It is one thing to speak out against homophobia but not feel safe enough to come out. It is entirely different to be Larry Craig, both homosexual and actively working against the human rights of LGBTs.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

Glad to see some mention of NYE. Anderson and Kathy always make me smile and I thought they were cute as ever this year. (For some reason, Kathy's "glam/sexy" poses crack me up--although she does it quite well and looks amazing for 50. I think David Gergen was called without seeing them on air--then got a look that she was in her bra. He seemed sort of gasping for air/or laughter mid-way through that call).

But ITA about the entertainment. I don't really miss it--until Anderson and Kathy start pointing it out: "Oh look, Bieber singing McCartney!" "Hey it's Lady Gaga over there performing!" "And Cee lo Green on Imagine will be controversial! Too bad CNN's audience can't see or hear any of it!"

They actually made me channel surf for Seacrest (who apparently has finally won Kathy over. Frankly, I'll be happy if she stops calling him, "her".) I would have loved to have been sitting at that table (And, Anderson? You don't know you're invited to a nice restaurant? And show up in jeans and a ....t-shirt???? Doesn't he carry this "born-rich chique" thing too far some times?)

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 4:47 AM

The NYE shows have been so bad the last few years, I didn't even try to watch them this year. Last year, I was with people of various ages and they kept changing channels trying to find one to watch. I kept quiet and let the others make the call to change the channel.

PShau

PShau

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

braggtastic wrote: "What I don't understand is that if CNN has permission to film in Times Square, and Lady Gaga and whoever are playing in Times Square, why can't they show it?"

Simple -- because CNN didn't have contractual rights to GaGa's performance, but ABC did. Dick Clark's show was the only one she performed on. And likewise, ABC wouldn't have been able to show any of the performances that Carson Daly's show on NBC featured. GaGa was allowed to be seen on all networks while she helped the mayor with the countdown, because that was an unrestricted public part of the event.

You may think CNN being a news network could get away with it since Times Square is a public place, but I think they've gotten in hot water for it in past years, even showing the performers from a distance with bad audio. So if it's off-limits, they either don't show it, or talk over top of it.

Edited by PShau, Jan 3, 2012 @ 9:38 AM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Until you come out of the closet, you have NO RIGHT taking the moral high road against homophobia. There's absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between you and Michele Bachmann's husband. Or Larry Craig. Or Ted Haggard. Or ANY of those hypocrites for that matter.

When did coming out of the closet become mandatory?

We did see Cee lo on CNN.... what show was he performing on?

I was amazed how fast the show went for me because it's just pure fun. I always feel like it takes FOREVER to get to midnight when watching Seacrest.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

There's a HUGE difference between those homophobes & Anderson. They actively work against gay rights & speak as if there is something wrong w/ being gay. Anderson does none of that- not even close.

When did coming out of the closet become mandatory?

Thank you. Who cares that Anderson is gay & in the closet? It's his damn business, & has nothing to do w/ his performance on CNN or his talk show. No one is required to publicly identify their sexuality, public persona or private person. Anderson choosing to keep his private life private is his right, & doesn't make him unqualified to discuss subjects on homosexuality, etc.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

Damn - Marie Colvin, the reporter AC talked to on last night's show, was killed with another journalist in Homs.

prairiegal

prairiegal

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

Oh Lord. How awful. She was a fascinating woman and I'm so sorry to read of this. Both of them were killed while doing their jobs, which should never happen.Bless them.
And bravo, BlueSapphires.! What Anderson does or doesn't do in his private life is no business of mine,and he has just as much right to speak to any subject regarding any sexuality as I do.

Edited by prairiegal, Feb 22, 2012 @ 3:39 PM.

parrotslave

parrotslave

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

I'm surprised no one posted the news in this thread.

Anderson went to Botswana last week.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Where is Anderson this week? I just read that the homophobic state attorney in Michigan who was harrassing the student goverment leader at the University of Michigan, has been ordered by a jury to pay the (now-former) student leader $4.5 million. Even it's appealed, this is quite an outcome. The former, now graduated, student said he woudl have dropped the lawsuit if the attorney had apologized. Anderson has had them all on his show.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

Anderson is vacationing in Croatia. He posted pics about sunsets on his twitter account.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2013 @ 7:54 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread, but had to say how much I loved Anderson & Kathy Griffin on NYE once again. They really are hysterical together. I love how she makes him giggle thru the whole show.