Classic Television HoYay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

402 replies to this topic

d0ggie321

d0ggie321

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:12 PM

Classic cartoon hoyay: Hercules and Newt ('63) and though he tried his best to be butch, Rocket Robin Hood ('67) and every guy on the show. Poor Maid Marion.

Phishtar

Phishtar

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:18 PM

Has there ever been a Hercules on TV without HoYay?

JedimasterElvis

JedimasterElvis

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:36 PM

Getting back to the cartoon Tick for a moment: there was an ep where Arthur learns the origin of his moth-suit. It was built by some crazy scientist. But that's not important. What IS important is that the scientist has a beautiful daughter: Carmelita. She has a moth-suit, too. She & Arthur hit it off & go on a date. Tick stays home in a jealous snit. He begins to make himself a new friend out of wood (the whole time mocking Arthur & Camelita "Oooh, Arthur! Oooh, Carmelita").

Well, they all end up in the belly of a whale. But, that's not important. At the end of the ep Tick has his usual wrap-up: "You know Arthur- I learned something... you are a man and I am a WOMAN"!

Swear to God.

Edited by JedimasterElvis, Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:37 PM.

Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 5:49 PM

Little Wooden Boy! I have a magnet of him and the Tick. Love when he gets a mention.

I agree with those who say Tick is asexual in his way, but I think his demeanor would not change even if he and Arthur were making the sweet, sweet love. He'd still be in the D'oh-Yay zone.

JedimasterElvis

JedimasterElvis

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:04 PM

Little Wooden Boy gave his life so the Tick, Arthur & Carmelita's crazy dad could escape from that whale. (sniff) God bless you, Little Wooden Boy (sniff).

TOPIC: Hmm. Nope.

heckkitty

heckkitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 7:10 PM

Am I the only one who thought this?

Jerry. Newman. The love/hate that dare not speak its name.

Threve

Threve

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 8:41 PM

All I have to say is King of the Hill people, King of the Hill. Bill is so after Hank.

Miss Pandora

Miss Pandora

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:54 AM

Don't see it. Bill's all about Peggy, IMO.

Aaron McGuire

Aaron McGuire

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 4:53 AM

A lot of people have mentioned Dr. Quest and Race Bannon from Johnny Quest, but no one has mentioned UST between Johnny and Hadji (sp?). I mean, come on, they were two pubesent, young boys curious about the changes going on in their bodies and there were no girls around. You do the math.

Also, while not yet classic, I think there's a little something between O'Neal and Tel'c on Stargate SG-1.

Aussie Andrew

Aussie Andrew

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 8:12 AM

"Yes Tel'c come FISHING With me down at the lake. We'll catch big ones!"

That is so suss.

I agree Aaron, there is definately something there, yet Tel'c is oblivious.

LydiaB

LydiaB

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 4:49 PM

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Dan and Casey on Sports Night.

Also, Garibaldi and Sinclair on Babylon 5. A lot of people wanted to slash Garibaldi with Sheridan or Franklin, but I never bought it. He was really devoted to Sinclair.

Word on The Invisible Man. *sigh*

Oh yeah, one more. I personally don't see most of the M/M HoYay on Buffy, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Giles and Ethan had a fling back in their demon-raising days.

emdroberts

emdroberts

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:52 AM

What about KITT and Michael on Knight Rider? I remember seeing the HoYay when I was 12 and being totally confused by it. And I found that there is actual slashy fanfiction written about them which really squicked me out because it's about a man and a car. That's so wrong.

Airisu

Airisu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:24 AM

Just finished reading the thread ... and damn, all my childhood memories have been tainted. Tainted, I tell you! ... Good lord, it's like an addiction - once you're tuned in and start searching for HoYay it's like you can't stop. :P Hee. I love it.

X-Men: There's just so much UST between Cyclops and Wolverine - the silly boys are just subliminating their mutual lust with that peeing contest over *gag* Jean Grey. Plus Xavier and Magneto? Behave totally like bitchy ex-es.

ST Voyager: Paris and Kim. *sigh* My Star Trek OTP (although I also get a kick out of Picard-stalker Q combined with Jealous!Riker). I'm convinced that the Delaney sisters were beards, and when Harry tried to get back to Voyager because Tom's life was messed up in the alternate reality? Aw. The Chute episode just cemented the love.

Sesame Street: Oh man, this cracked me up when I first encountered it, but now I'm firmly convinced that they were in love. Bert and Ernie kinda remind me of Joey and Chandler from Friends - roomates who live together, with one smart and prone to freak out while the other one's dumb and cheerful.

Batman TAS: Besides the ever so obvious HoYay between Batman and Robin, I've also thought that the Joker is just way too interested in his arch nemesis. And Harvey Dent (Two-Face) struck me as having had a casual fling with Bruce Wayne. Hee. Of course, there's always that classic line from Batman Beyond where Ra Ghul possessed Talia's body, Terry said "Lady, you're creeping me out" and Bruce goes "You? She kissed me." Hee. Everybody's after Brucie. Even Supes can't keep his hands off Batman in JLU. I've never been into femme slash all that much, but Harley Quinn should *so* dump the Joker and just shack up with Poison Ivy. Oh wait ... I think she did. Didn't she?

Blackadder: Blackie is obviously not adverse to manlove - after all, he fell for "Bob". All that jealousy towards FlashHart reminded me of "ex-boyfriend" resentment. Although Captain Darling in the last season is totally Blackie's true love. Heh.

Horatio Hornblower: Horatio and Archie were *soooo* doing it after "The Duchess" episode. Aw. Prison love. Bush was clearly looking into a threesome, and Pellew is so biased towards Horatio it's not even funny. The man totally sacrificed Archie without a thought so that he could have Horry for himself. :P

Birds of Prey: Is it just me or did Helen and Barbara have the hots for each other?

Witchblade: Ian Nottingham is *so* Kenneth Iron's bitch.

Edited by Airisu, Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:35 AM.

Ih8tHild

Ih8tHild

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:23 AM

Did anyone hear that Captain Kangaroo passed away this week? :(

HexLover

HexLover

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

I've never been into femme slash all that much, but Harley Quinn should *so* dump the Joker and just shack up with Poison Ivy. Oh wait ... I think she did. Didn't she?

Yes she did, for 1 episode. It was a great episode and they made an awsome team. I get all teared up when Ivy is going through her photo album of thier times together.

quotidian

quotidian

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:42 AM

I think Dan on "Night Court" was totally Bull's bitch and, mired as he was in the depths of the law-community closet, was therefore heavily overcompensating with all the het-manwhoring.

What? All Bull ever had to do was stand over him menacingly. Dude was whipped.

d0ggie321

d0ggie321

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:33 PM

Although, I know Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was a kid's show, I wish in all the years it was on that the butch puppet (Lady Elaine Fairchilde?) would have found a "friend". She did give the little quiet cat puppet (Henerietta Pussycat ?) a hard time now and again. Maybe she was training her for a dominant/submissive thing.

Sylph

Sylph

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:43 PM

Witchblade: Ian Nottingham is *so* Kenneth Iron's bitch.

Too true. Ian always looked like he was eager to get whipped by Kenneth Iron. I don't care if Iron was supposed to be Ian's "Father", they had chemistry. Damn Ian was hot. Shame the show was canceled.

What about KITT and Michael on Knight Rider? I remember seeing the HoYay when I was 12 and being totally confused by it. And I found that there is actual slashy fanfiction written about them which really squicked me out because it's about a man and a car. That's so wrong.

That's ten shades of wrong. How in the hell was Michael supposed to satisfy KITT? Gas tank? Tail pipe?
I'm so going to hell.

Edited by Sylph, Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:44 PM.

d0ggie321

d0ggie321

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:50 PM

Sort of OT, but I was just watching "Death's Other Dominion" on Space:1999. I don't know if they needed to fill the hour or what, but they repeated at least 20 times that the people on the planet were survivors of the "Uranus probe". And each time I giggled.

Francie Nolan

Francie Nolan

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

Last night I saw an episode of Justice League that left me in awe of the Hoyay. In it Wonder Woman was protecting a princess from some imaginary european country before her wedding. They go out clubbing and hang out at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Diana constantly gets in the princess' personal space and even busts up the wedding. The cherry on top is when the princess wonders why her friend is acting so strangely the husband says that Diana has become too fond of her and is jealous! Please tell me I'm not the only one to have seen this. It was my first time watching J.L and I just could not turn it off. I'm not familiar with the characters so I can't be sure I wasn't reading too much into it.

HexLover

HexLover

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:12 PM

Francie Nolan I was just about to post that.

Indigo Sun

Indigo Sun

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:45 PM

Francie Nolan and HexLover I totally saw that too. You weren't reading to much into it. I was all, damn major HoYay. If you want to talk about it more, there is a Justice League thread here. I meant to go there after I saw the ep but it slipped my mind.

Keely1116

Keely1116

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 5:56 PM

Not technically classic, unless you consider AtS Season 2 classic, but the Crown Prince of HoYay, Lindsey McDonald, is back on Angel. Mmm, Lindsey.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:54 PM

That's ten shades of wrong. How in the hell was Michael supposed to satisfy KITT? Gas tank?
Tail pipe?
I'm so going to hell.

OMG, I'm LMAO here. Hee! Maybe it was the other way around. KITT had all those...special attachments.

One ticket to Hell please.

You know, I remember an episode where somebody removed KITT's CPU and Michael was able to find it because he could sense KITT's soul. He has a soooooul.

emdroberts

emdroberts

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

That's ten shades of wrong. How in the hell was Michael supposed to satisfy KITT? Gas tank? Tail pipe?
I'm so going to hell.

KITT's personality was transferred into an android body for the story I read. Yes, I admit it. I read it. I couldn't help myself.

Airisu

Airisu

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 7:08 AM

Yes she did, for 1 episode. It was a great episode and they made an awsome team. I get all teared up when Ivy is going through her photo album of thier times together.

Thanks for confirming my vague memory. I just watched "Holiday Knights" and Harley/Ivy seemed to be living together in the same apartment, but my confuzzled mind couldn't remember when/if they were actually shacking up.

Too true. Ian always looked like he was eager to get whipped by Kenneth Iron. I don't care if Iron was supposed to be Ian's "Father", they had chemistry. Damn Ian was hot.

*lol* I think I enjoyed the HoYay! even more with that vaguely incestuous master-servant vibe, actually. :P

The cherry on top is when the princess wonders why her friend is acting so strangely the husband says that Diana has become too fond of her and is jealous!

Hee. I remember that episode! Both Diana and Audrey? were All.Over.Each.Other.

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 9:18 AM

Back in the past Michael Landon was mentioned re "Bonanza" but what about "Highway to Heaven" - they didn't even bother to hide it! Two guys doing everything together, no women, and finally when "Mr Edwards" from LHOTP got a girlfriend, she was killed off in the same episode! Definite contender.

Also, for the Brits, Blake and Avon were so getting it on in Blake's 7!

Plus there's always the HoYay with Dawson and his creek.

As for Knightrider, what about Devon Miles. You know he wanted in on the fun.

ETA I almost forgot Airwolf. There was a definite threesome between JM Vincent, Ernest Borgnine and the guy in the white suit.

Edited by vickyc007, Jan 29, 2004 @ 9:23 AM.

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 11:55 AM

Yeah, KITT was totally gay in that slightly British way.

KITT's personality was transferred into an android body for the story I read. Yes, I admit it. I read it. I couldn't help myself.

Wow, that's putting way too much thought into it. I like to imagine the nude Michael rubbing around on the leather seats alot.

BoE

BoE

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

I like to imagine the nude Michael rubbing around on the leather seats alot.

BWAH!! ...and I'm officially scarred for life.

ETA: Err...emdroberts, where could one find that story about KITT as an android? I'd be curious to read it for...ummm...research purposes. Yeah, that's it. Research. *cough*

Edited by BoE, Jan 29, 2004 @ 2:00 PM.

emdroberts

emdroberts

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2004 @ 6:26 PM

ETA: Err...emdroberts, where could one find that story about KITT as an android? I'd be curious to read it for...ummm...research purposes. Yeah, that's it. Research. *cough*

There are three on www.fanfiction.net. They are older stories so check the last or next to last page for them.

Topic: Whenever He-Man would guest star on She-Ra, there was definite HoYay between Adam and Bo.