All My Children

• Please log in to reply

70111 replies to this topic

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:29 PM

I don't like Tad with Krystal but I don't like him with Smoan either. I like him with Liza, I liked him with Anna (still pissed that no Tanna ever came about).

Non HoYay scenes today I loved? Liza fucking with Smoan while the latter is combing the hotel for Tad. I could almost hear her cackling, hee.

Oh, also. Adam and Mary are HOT.

Kelsey

Kelsey

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:20 PM

I can't stand Tad with Krystal either; Simone was somewhat tolerable because they were at least fun but my preference is for Liza too. Unfortunately, I think Liza is too normal and AMC seems to be obsessed with sluts rather than normal women. I find it very degrading and would love to see Babe and her mother go back to where they belong!

onlyinPV

onlyinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:05 PM

It was a pretty good episode today for once! My fave line was Greenlee giving a long list of insults ending in "pole dancer" to Kendall, and Kendall saying "Hey! I don't pole dance!" Bwah!

As far as Tad wanting to put "safety first"??? Dip yourself in Clorox, boy! With the bacteria and STDs this ho is likely swimming in, a condom just ain't gonna do it.

SkiffyPup

SkiffyPup

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:45 PM

Today is a day to demand PEN!
Word to all the HoYay Kenlee action! Saved today's show. I heart that writer hardcore, and I was rollin'. Tad and Krystal? ICKY-Dittoes! Don't worry too much, because spoilers say David will be in her orbit soon. I hope for either Tiza or Timone or even a hetero "three's company" situation. Colby has two mommies and a two daddies. That would give Adam an aneurism.

Awww, shiny newbies and lurkers. Welcome to our little corner of hell. Good to have you.
Re: Olga strikes ... Can't tell ... but I keep calling them balls anyway because I am SO her bitch.

Hey, looks like Lena and Bianca ran home! Wonder if they did anything interesting offcamera? What am I saying? Every time they do anything interesting, it's offcamera.

Don't shoot me, but I gotta say I liked Mia and Aiden today. Ryan can stay if he sets up this kind of quality Kenlee HoYay, but stop with the grabby. WTF with the Greens? Honeygreens, you just lost the man you love to a mobjihad and you want to fuck around with Ryan? The JUAN is still in the building, for chrissakes. Skanky.

Speaking of skanky mcskanker, Boobe. Oh lord, they really are making her a sick manipulator of the manflesh! Way too frontburner ... but Alexa really sold this new and worse side of her character. Note to self- Must do everything possible to keep Miss Golddigger Skank out of Bianca's orbit when everyone finds out about VolderBlingBlingFetus. She would SO go there!

Edited by SkiffyPup, Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:51 PM.

gspiggott

gspiggott

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:55 PM

The new SOW has a picture of Olga and her Hot Indian Fox, and SOD mentions that DeVry came back to shoot some scenes through this month and has been offered recurring status. So will First Evil Assicle be the labor coach from Hell or are they changing the story for some reason?Spoilers some from McTrash.January will be a very Tad heavy month. Babe has something else up her sleeve and McTrash vows to continue the Maggie Bianca Lena triangle. Next week Maggie fights her romantic feelings for Bianca and Lena calls her on it.
Also McT promises the return of many old favorites in the new year.
Speaking for myself I don't want to see Braeden Lavery or Kit Fisher or Bobby Warner again, and before they add any more Santos's shouldn't they do something with the one they already have?

Edited by gspiggott, Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:56 PM.

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:01 PM

has been offered recurring status.

Twin?

lilac2000

lilac2000

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

[quote]Or Kit Fisher[/quote].

Wasn't she Jack and Travis's sister? Or am I confused? I remember they tried to set her up with Edmund. Jack doesn't need any more slightly unbalanced women in his life right now. Braeden Lavery I could maybe handle since I wasn't watching during his first run. Didn't he try to rape Hayley or something? Was he that old friend of Mateo's or was that some other psycho?

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:10 PM

Taking this out of spoiler tags because it's just an info dump of past character histories:

Yes, Kit Fisher was Travis and Jack's sister--half-sister, actually. Not sure which half but I think they all had the same mother. The friend of Mateo's that assaulted Hayley was Tanner, not Braden. Braden had raped Kit and Ryan almost got sent up the river for it because them being brothers (half-brothers as it turned out) made the DNA analysis kind of a close call.

lilac2000

lilac2000

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:11 PM

Thank you kariyaki.
I'd completely forgotten about Tanner.

gspiggott

gspiggott

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:16 PM

SOD has a column about answering viewers burning questions and two of them were why isn't Olga in the credits and are they committed to showing Bianca's love life. The answers are the usual piffle. Oh and the set for Glamorama got trashed somewhere along the way.

Edited by gspiggott, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:17 PM.

SkiffyPup

SkiffyPup

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:44 PM

gspiggot! Squeeeeee! Thanks and I hate you. Now I must run to Rite Aid and endure the smirking gaze of a checkout loser as I place a precious copy of SOW and SOD on the counter. Can't get away with my usual mumbled, "My friend writes a column .." bullshit line if I buy both!

And ... c'mon Greenlee. You would too go there for Fusion. ( Please? Pretty please go there. Just a dream or fantasy sequence. Just once. I'll write florid love notes to Ms. Megan McTavish aka: Best writer EVER for a solid year! That's how badly I want it.)

Edited by SkiffyPup, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:46 PM.

boris

boris

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:21 PM

My fave line was Greenlee giving a long list of insults ending in "pole dancer" to Kendall, and Kendall saying "Hey! I don't pole dance!" Bwah!

That line alone had me on the floor laughing my ass off. Then, the "trying to take a peek at the baby" pretty much did me in. You can tell that the actors really seems to dig those fight scenes, because they were really hitting all of the great comic high notes.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:32 PM

I just know the only reason Greenlee brought up Kendall pole-dancing is because she has a secret fantasy about it. Naughty girl.

Melvin_Spelvin

Melvin_Spelvin

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 8:23 PM

I spotted crazy Laura English in Mona Lisa Smile. She looked good in 50's style clothing. And she had red hair. You know, as much as her character grated, I couldn't help but love her. She was so fucked up, it was loveable.

Anyway, this show is getting worse. I'm not interested in any SL they've got right now. And add me to the list of those who were waiting for a Kreenlee sex scene while Greenlee was tied to the pole. If Megan had any balls, she'd pursue that.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:30 PM

It's a good thing that we had the Kenlee HoYay stuff today, because except for those bits, I spent the entire time Greenlee was onscreen wanting to slap her into the next country. Ugh. Her hypocrisy and complete lack of self-awareness is infuriating. And you think that she'd buy a clue that if Kendall killed Michael, she did it because he raped her sister. Shut UP, Greenlee.

I know that Aidan was right that Kendall was just rebounding from Ryan today, but damn. I'm still a determined Kaidan shipper despite everything.

So Mary and Adam are getting down with each other, finally. It cracks me up how they embrace, Adam lifting her up and Mary bending her legs so that he's supporting her entire weight.

I really don't like Tad and Krystal together, but I did like that she knew what he was after. That said, this is one failed chemistry experiment. Not only do they not spark together, but their entire segment dragged. Stop, start, stop, start...yawn.

AMC better drag Bianca out of her own SL to have a few more scenes with Babe fast, because she's used up all liking and goodwill from last time. Some lines from Jamie, an admitted idiot, about how Babe's obviously screwed up and has no self-esteem, are not doing the trick here. I did like Babe repeatedly pointing out how silly it is that Jamie's basing a great love on one night together. God, he's so dumb.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:35 PM

"Safety first"? Seriously, Tad, I hope you double or triple bagged there. You might want to run to the doctor for a round of antibiotics, too.

I think I'll enjoy Babe now that she's being openly written this way instead of all the ambiguous crap they were doing.

At least they threw in the Kenlee scenes to balance out the Maidan II crap. Like this so far meaningless fling with Mia would make him decide to stay in PV forever but his love for Kendall wouldn't have moved that damn watch to Pie Balley time a long time ago.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:40 PM

So Mary and Adam are getting down with each other, finally. It cracks me up how they embrace, Adam lifting her up and Mary bending her legs so that he's supporting her entire weight.

Did you see Brooke's double-take when she got a gander at them? Hee hee.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:52 PM

I think I'll enjoy Babe now that she's being openly written this way instead of all the ambiguous crap they were doing.

I'd be down with that if I didn't have the feeling that this is still supposed to be ambiguous, only poorly executed (surprise!). Not that it was working for me, but Jamie's lines seemed mostly geared towards making the audience feel sorry for Babe somewhat. Now she's the screwed-up cynical prostitute with a heart of gold who needs to be saved. JR's being presented as a fairly jerky mini-Adam, we've got Babe being jealous of Jamie with Maggie, Jamie overhearing Babe yelling at JR to let her go...I think we're still supposed to feel sorry for Babe despite everything. Uh huh.

kariyaki, I did notice Brooke's look at Adam and Mary. Very funny. Poor Julia Barr, though. Talk about being in C-plot hell.

Edited by Black Knight, Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:54 PM.

onewomanshow

onewomanshow

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:06 PM

I'll cop to being both hurt and disappointed by Greenlee's "I don't swing that way" protestation, but by the next segment, my faith in Kenlee's undying love for one another was reenforced. See the baby, indeed. Oh, sweet Greenlee, you doth protest too much, me thinks. Stop bullshitting and claim your woman. Dammit.

Adam and Mary were smokin'. All right! Krystal and Tad, on the other hand, not so smokin. Not so all right.

Seriously, Tad, I hope you double or triple bagged there. You might want to run to the doctor for a round of antibiotics, too.

Word. Just. Word. [BANKY EDWARDS]For all you know, that chick is more of a germ farm than that monkey in "Outbreak"![/BANKY EDWARDS] Urrgh.

[OT]I have to get something off my chest. A suspicion. I don't mean to be a rumor monger or anything. And no one call the tabloids, because I don't have any proof. But, I think. . .that Mary Stuart Masterson is Liz Hendrickson's mother.

All jokes aside, though, I've always thought that LH had a "Mary Stuart Masterson thing" going, but after watching a MSM movie right after watching AMC, I've come to believe LH is doing a MSM impression. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I know that if I were an actor, I would shamelessly steal from other actors I admire. It was just startling to notice it, that's all. It was down right weird. If you have the time, I would suggest watching a Maggiecentric AMC episode, keeping a close eye on LH's facial expressions and mannerisms, and then watch something like "Fried Green Tomatos", "Immediate Family" or "Bed of Roses" doing the same thing with MSM. It's amazing. If LH is doing an impression, it's a damn good one.[/OT]

ETA:

Your oink buddy in spirit (my pal Paul) found a link to Eden's new SoapNet promo and has been foaming about low cut dresses, bending over, and cleavage all damn day.

Did your pal happen to share that link with you? If so, give it up! Please. With sugar on top.

Edited by onewomanshow, Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:14 PM.

Mystic0

Mystic0

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:10 PM

Shut UP, Greenlee.

I haven't even seen today's show and I still agree with this. She's bugging me. I hate that I missed some Kenlee action. Dammit. Did we get our daily 'splosion? Did Ryan die? (crosses fingers)

Black Knight, I was just thinking about you. Your oink buddy in spirit (my pal Paul) found a link to Eden's new SoapNet promo and has been foaming about low cut dresses, bending over, and cleavage all damn day. So, even when you're away, the oinking lives on. ;) Which reminds me, what did you think of the New Year's ep?

But, I think. . .that Mary Stuart Masterson is Liz Hendrickson's mother.

Get out of my head. Oh, and word! And bwah!

Edited by Mystic0, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:12 PM.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:21 PM

Greenlee delivered her little "I don't swing that way!" bit with such unneeded ferociousness that I just saw it as more HoYay, not a denial of HoYay. Hee.

ETA: Mystic0, no explosion this week, and Ryan still lives. We do get JP holding a gun on him and AMC going to commercial, which allowed me to fantasize him shooting Ryan for a few glorious minutes...

I don't get SoapNet--what's the new Eden promo like? (Obviously easy on the eyes and oink-able, natch)...

I didn't post about the New Year's ep because I figured my comments were pretty out of date by this point. But since you asked, I mostly enjoyed it. I found some of the musical couples bits up at the lodge amusing--especially when Aidan completely forgot Mia's existence when Kendall barged into his room. I didn't think Bianca's spoilered "jealousy" really came to anything much--I didn't see romantic/sexual jealousy, more just a concern about their friendship. However, I do think AMC's trying to downplay Bianca's obvious love for Lena a bit to try to give the triangle some legitimacy, because I noticed Lena got all the romantic lines. And I was pleased by the Lianca kiss, not as disappointed as most others here seem to have been. That's mostly because I think it's encouraging that the second kiss occurred without ABC giving it tons of fanfare or even hints beforehand, a sign that maybe the show's ready to move past all the "momentous" crap and try to present it as more normal and everyday stuff The lack of a buildup moment didn't make it as hot as it would've been otherwise, I agree--their almost-kiss a couple of weeks ago was much hotter--but I wasn't surprised that Bianca, at a public party, felt the comfort level needed to just kiss Lena, and given the dress she chose to wear, she certainly was angling towards that moment all along.

Edited by Black Knight, Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:37 PM.

newyork1

newyork1

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:45 PM

mysticO said:

"Did we get our daily 'splosion? Did Ryan die? (crosses fingers)"

So, I am guessing the big ball didn't fall on his Macy's Day Parade Baloon-Like head? Ah, too bad. But, I am with you mysticO: I am also crossing all of my toes: wish I had more.

Also, in regard to the Kenlee scenes today: loved, loved, loved them. Great scene, more Kenlee, please. Just one question: Are they the new Lianca? Just kidding folks. I love Lianca: don't want anyone's vodoo doll stings or karma like flings coming my way. I really do love Lianca (although I don't write letters to soaps, I did lend my name to the petition to "Keep Olga S. on AMC": hope you do the same) and hope those of you who anticipate more in 2004 are right on target!

And, finally but not leastly (I know that is not a word but it fit somehow): I love Anna and Adam. I hope they hook up so to speak. Two evilicious schemers. YUM. Great chemistry, IMHO.

I also agree with those of you who have no taste for the Tad and White Trash Mama coupling. No chemistry, no push/pull (wink/wink) symbiosis, no nothin': He just laid his body on top of her as if she was a surf board. Geez, I think he would have more chemistry with Portia.

Well that is it for me. Good night sweet princes and princesses. Till next time.

Edited by newyork1, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:00 PM.

allergic2love

allergic2love

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:59 PM

Eden's Promo. (Oink away...I know I did).

...because sharing is caring.

Edited by allergic2love, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:06 PM.

Mystic0

Mystic0

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:03 PM

I don't get SoapNet--what's the new Eden promo like? (Obviously easy on the eyes and oink-able, natch)...

I *will* find that link, dammit. Ok, I probably won't because I'm so damn easily distracted. I was just over at Eden's board trying to find the pesky link and saw that Eden had posted. She did this replay of the New Years kiss with emoticons. (snicker) She mocked Maggie! That's so wrong. Damn, funny though...

I didn't post about the New Year's ep because I figured my comments were pretty out of date by this point.

Pish. Jump in late and often, why not? I had a real love/hate with the ep. I kinda like the Lodge setup but it lacks punch for me because the couples are all sorta iffy. I actually did love the Lianca kiss (Bianca's dress was a lot more attractive if you only see it from the back while she's wrapped around someone. *rowr*) but would've loved some dialogue. I would like to see Lianca more defined before the Maggie situation gets all wacky but hey.

Now if we can get some more Kinks and Erica's head 'sploding when she finds out about their lovechild, I'll be happy. Erica's misery is my joy.
By the way, welcome newyork1. Always good to rack up (hee!) new peeps. Oh, and welcome to rsmith2k2, you made my point better than I ever could. Thanks for helping out a Braxton Hicks graduate. ;)

allergic2love, thank you! I would have bungled it for sure.

Edited by Mystic0, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:08 PM.

itsnotenough

itsnotenough

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:32 PM

Oink away.

Yowza! She was very...hm, bouncy in that promo there.

Edited by itsnotenough, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:36 PM.

allergic2love

allergic2love

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:40 PM

She was very...hm, bouncy in that promo there.

I'm sooooo ashamed that that's the first thing I noticed. I'm even more ashamed that I rewound it and watched it two more times because of it. The hills are aliiiive!

Edited by allergic2love, Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:43 PM.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:52 PM

Thanks, allergic2love. Mystic0, underneath my predictable oinking at the promo, I must admit I'm starting to share your fear that one day we're going to hear that Eden's died of a chest cold. That tanktop is so low-cut we can see her tan line! Not that there's anything wrong with that, ahem, but it is winter in NYC...

I just went and found Eden's post after you mentioned it, and died of laughing at her emoticons-impression of the NYE's ep. Poor Mags, indeed.

I think we're getting what passes for AMC's definition of defined--Bianca's asked Lena to wait for her, now she's kissed Lena, they're as close to getting back together as two people can be without actually doing so. As I commented back when we were talking about this a while ago, McTrash's idea of Lianca basically getting reacquainted was a good one, but of course, the execution is shit--a couple of romantic musings from Lena doesn't really qualify. But if the show defines Lianca too much right now, well, it's such a short step to them being officially back together, which I suppose makes it too hard to really present Maggie as a serious obstacle. Her only chance is while Lianca is still somewhat broken up--Bianca pays little enough attention to Maggie when Lena is around as it is, so if Lena were her official girlfriend again, and thus around all the time, Maggie'd be way out on the fringes and not really able to cause any trouble.

I think a lot of this is McTrash having a really poor sense of how to pace her storylines, and so she's continually having to put one SL on backburner in order to play out another. For instance, she wanted to start off her stint with a bang by having the Voldemort ep. Fine. But then she also had to have Erica and Jack's wedding, and since obviously the wedding would've been postponed indefinitely, and Michael then murdered, if the rape had been disclosed beforehand, the secret had to drag out for weeks as a result. (Notice Erica learned about the rape right afterwards. And now Jack/Erica are on the backburner until the current murder mystery can be resolved.) Now Bianca's really way too busy to have time for a triangle as well, so we get all these 10 or 30 second snippets that don't really push the action along but remind us the idea's there underneath, until McTrash can wrap up some of Bianca's other stuff. It doesn't surprise me that AMC's course of action is to work on Maggie and Lena's feelings, since they have no other SL, and basically leave Bianca out of it, in a sort of limbo, since she's so busy with everything else, because once Bianca gets clued in to Maggie's feelings, she'll do something about it one way or another. For instance, Maggie realizes, according to spoilers for the week of Jan. 12th, that she's in love with Bianca (color me surprised, I didn't think AMC would go that far with Maggie), but Bianca sounds way busy with everything else that's going on that week--Kendall's trial starts, Erica's found out about the pregnancy, she confesses her secret to Jack, and she, along with Erica and Kendall, have an ominous feeling of some sort. Yeah, there's really time for Binks to deal with Maggie that week too. I think not. So, no way Bianca finds out that week that Maggie's in love with her. So as frustrating as it is, I think maybe once the murder mystery and pregnancy SLs finally reach a wrapping-up point, we'll get some actual meaty scenes here. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Erica's reaction. It's not clear from the spoilers how she finds out, as the spoilers say that Bianca decides to tell her next week, but then that she reconsiders after Erica says negative stuff about the baby (presumably Kendall's fake one). But still Erica knows by the week after.

superdiva80

superdiva80

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:35 AM

I like Tad better with Simone as well. I find Liza pretty boring, maybe because TPTB always make her look so matronly. I like Krystal but I'm not sure if I want her with Tad. I have a strange feeling that she'd have better chemistry with David. They haven't been in any scenes together yet but I think they'd be interesting. I've also been thinking that Brooke and Adam have been interesting lately. I don't know where that pairing would lead though, but it would give Brooke something to do though.

Also I think I hate Ryan.

jess49

jess49

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:51 AM

Think? He is the most annoying, obnoxious character on the show. I can no longer watch any scenes featuring him. No joke. I want him dead.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

I can watch Ryan with Kendall (because I can't bring myself to FF her scenes ever) and the shallowness in me has to at least do a drive-by of his scenes if he's shirtless but otherwise? He's doing his hummingbird impression for me.