All My Children

• Please log in to reply

70111 replies to this topic

onewomanshow

onewomanshow

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:42 PM

I get that pretty much everyone in Pine Valley has a chip on their shoulder when it comes to David, but seriously, Dixie? How in pluperfect hell is he to blame for JR bringing a gun to Brooke and Adam's engagement party?!

This is the main thing that I am confused about.  Does everyone know that JR was the one to bring the gun to the engagement party, or is there confusion about that?  Angie seems to blame JR for the shooting, while Dixie feels justified in blaming David.  During his soliloquy by JR's bedside, David said that during his trial he'd only said "I wish I was a better shot"--only he wasn't convicted of attempted murder, but for involuntary manslaughter, suggesting that he went to prison for Marissa's death, while escaping prosecution for shooting JR.  None of which makes any sense if he told the truth about what went on in the tunnels that night.  It also doesn't make any sense, if he lied, or refused to speak about the gun's origins, for Angie to be so certain of David's innocence.  I think that this a mess that needs to be cleaned up in the coming weeks, particularly as battle lines are being drawn, now that JR is awake.

Random thoughts:

Yes, Dixie needs to sit all the way down and shut all the way up.

Celia is a colossal bore, she and actor playing Petey have no chemistry, and I am no fan of the actress.  And yes, a Celia-free day would be welcomed.

OK, am I the only one around here who is starting to believe that Celia is Miranda's half-sister?  It was intimated at the tail-end of Voldemort that Michael was a serial rapist, and Alexander mentioned another victim somewhere in Europe (Italy?).  It's not impossible to believe that Bianca wasn't the only victim he ever got pregnant.  Of course, in this scenario, Zach is her guardian, and his sheltering of her would be his attempt at keeping her from finding out who her real father is.  OTOH, I got the distinct feeling today that that broken locket is an anvil.  I think that if anyone saw the picture of the mother on the broken half, they might recognize her.  

I really do think that the only way to salvage JR as a character is to have him wake up with amnesia.  I'll bet he'll remember nothing past the first drink he took after Marissa told him she was leaving him for Bianca.

By the way, I love AJ, and do believe that they're setting it up to have him torn between JR and David.  I do hope that there is some mention of his memories of/feeling for Marissa and some expression of the way her death has affected him.  Marissa and AJ were always so cute together.

Edited by onewomanshow, May 8, 2013 @ 12:43 PM.

mooyoo

mooyoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:46 PM

I get Dixie wanting her son back and wanting AJ to have a relationship with his dad, but I'm struggling to see how he's lacking in male figures in his life. He clearly has a close relationship with Adam, I assume he at least knows Jessie, and if Tad is offscreen because he's just "on assignment," presumably that means he's been around for the last five years, so AJ must have some kind of relationship with him.

That said, I can totally buy Dixie's blind eye with regard to JR's actions. It's got to be hard for any parent to see their kid as a killer, especially when knows how strung out he was towards the end there, and especially after watching him linger in a coma for five years. Considering we still don't know exactly what the details are of the immediate aftermath of the shooting, I think she could easily delude herself into believing that it's all David's fault and that JR really didn't meant to hurt anyone or something. It doesn't make her point of view on him necessarily correct or okay, but I find it understandable.

I said just yesterday I was looking forward to the first David and AJ scene and today I was rewarded.

It's funny, it seems like every day when something is mentioned here - we need a scene of AJ and David together, how does AJ feel about his father, does Miranda know about her father, how does Adam feel about JR, where is Tad - it's shown up on screen a day or two later. I'm really enjoying that, that questions aren't lingering for weeks and that lots of different relationships are being explored right away.

Celia and Miranda being presented as peers today, gossiping about the boys that did them wrong, continues to underscore the mess that is Celia.  They're trying to have her straddle two age groups and it just doesn't work. 

Totally agree. I think they've really made a bunch of mistakes with Celia, but "I'm taking a gap-year and teaching/tutoring at the high school I just graduated from" is the biggest. If her storyline was more focused on the guardian (and whatever the hell is up with her seeing a man in her mirror) and they stuck her in high school with Miranda and AJ, maybe a year or two older than them, and held off on any romance for a while, I think the character would have worked much better. They could have found some other reason to keep Pete around Pine Valley and even gone for a star-crossed lovers relationship with them later or something, but as it is, having Celia gossip with Miranda about the cute boy who keeps calling her, all the while continuing to dress her down to the level of a high school freshman (honestly, I would forgive a lot with this character if they would just ditch the giant pink watch), is doing no one in this storyline any favors.

Edited by mooyoo, May 8, 2013 @ 1:41 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

OK, am I the only one around here who is starting to believe that Celia is Miranda's half-sister?  It was intimated at the tail-end of Voldemort that Michael was a serial rapist, and Alexander mentioned another victim somewhere in Europe (Italy?).  It's not impossible to believe that Bianca wasn't the only victim he ever got pregnant.  Of course, in this scenario, Zach is her guardian, and his sheltering of her would be his attempt at keeping her from finding out who her real father is.  OTOH, I got the distinct feeling today that that broken locket is an anvil.  I think that if anyone saw the picture of the mother on the broken half, they might recognize her.  

Nope. You are not alone. This is my theory as well. There are just too many anvils starting to drop that are pointing me in the Cambias direction. Celia has never met this guardian. The guardian doesn't want him anywhere near the Miranda Center. Miranda knows nothing about the rape that led to her existence or the murder that followed. And Celia and Miranda are discussing their parentage instead of Miranda having this conversation with pretty much any one else. These two have to be connected.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 1:19 PM

Casting spoiler:

Spoiler

Edited by TeeVee329, May 8, 2013 @ 1:19 PM.

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 1:28 PM

SWEET MOTHER OF LAVERY YES

Spoiler

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 2:22 PM

Casting spoiler:

OMG, I was just listening to an AMC-related podcast where the hosts were joking about this possibility. They laughed that

Spoiler
This is freaking fantastic news. Maybe they could
Spoiler

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

That'd be so awesome if

Spoiler

UNRELATED: Y&R's Jeanne Cooper has just passed.  I can just imagine her and Ruth Warrick spitting barbs down to Earth from the great beyond.  

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

Casting news isn't a spoiler, so I'll put it out there for all:  Billy Clyde's back!!  I was way too excited when I saw that on Twitter today.  

portfino

portfino

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

I really wonder if they wanted a teen scene with Miranda/AJ and Celia/guardian. It was a later decision that there was a generational hole and they needed fanservice (which is why Petey "transformed") so they aged Celia but in a half-assed way.

OTOH, maybe Pete/Celia is an Arli$ on HBO situation, a segment of the audience "needs" this storyline so it doesn't matter what the majority thinks.

Renard

Renard

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 4:32 PM

I had seen a photo of Matthew Cowles on the red carpet at the premiere and in the back of my mind I hoped against all hope that he would return from beyond. I've been thinking it for about a week and will speculate out loud now that he is Celia's guardian. They kept his joining the cast pretty secret which IMO bodes well for future surprises if the casst and crew can keep  a lid on things for ~3 months between filming and airdates.

I forget who said it earlier but I had also tried to make Celia actually be Leora. And if we're going to use David's Back-from-the-Dead Lab[TM], maybe they'll bring back grown Jenny since they just killed Kim Delaney over on Army Wives but they must get Laurence Lau as Gregg also.

The thing that had me cracking up this morning was Jesse, the police chief, going to ANOTHER town/city, without calling his counterpart as a courtesy or to request assistance and breaking into a business, albeit a crooked one.

Yes, it is going to be difficult to not eyeroll as they go through this charade about Miranda not knowing or suspecting anything about her father. She is the Camibus heir and all of her family's money is actually her money. OK, Erica might have thrown in a few bucks here and there and Bianca probably pulled in a check when she sat on the Cambius board but the ownership of the stock/company is Miranda's.

I was excited to see Winifred this morning.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

I agree.  They could've had Petey visit for a week.  Then JR wakes up and since Petey is technically related he hangs around for a few days.  Then other people come to town and keep him there.  Then given Celia just the guardian storyline.  She still is interacting with a lot of characters regardless of Petey.  I love that Opal told Petey the only woman he could count on was her and it comforted him somehow.  I predict Petey will help Celia out with some computer thing maybe finding her guardian.  She'll start to realize he is a good guy after all.  Then another lady will come to town and it'll be too late.  It would be amazing if Billy Clyde was her guardian.  He tried to kill Tad, kidnapped Dixie, forced Erica to give him a ransom, kidnapped Adam (with his real life wife Christine Baranski) which means Brooke and Opal are probably mad at him just by association.

I thought the reason Jesse and Zach broke into the salon was because women and men go in there at night and leaving in the morning?  Shouldn't they have been looking for people rather than receipts?

I like that David didn't buy Cara's story at all.

It was good to see an AJ/David scene.  I can see that with Tad gone, Dixie feels like JR is all she has.  Still, she's a little out of touch with reality.  I mean, David possibly reviving Babe might have triggered something but he was already about to kidnap AJ on Dixie's watch before that so he was already off the deep end.

It was so good to see Winifred.

Edited by gpgurl50, May 8, 2013 @ 4:36 PM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

Cara is a terrible liar.  And God, Lindsay Hartley looked awful today.

Bored by the Pete and Celia dancing around.  I'm hoping upcoming events improve that.

I don't understand Dixie talking about AJ needing a man in his life.  He's had Adam, and he's had Tad, presumably, unless Tad has been "on assignment" for five years.  Still, AJ is my favorite character of this new reboot.  He needs to find another girl besides Miranda, who only thinks of him as a brother.

Bronzedog

Bronzedog

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

All this talk of the return of Billy Clyde took me way back and made me realize that the actor that plays Pete resembles Richard Hatch who played Phil Brent waaaaay back in the Phil/Tara days.

Renard

Renard

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 5:37 PM

I'm forgetting all of the details but could it be possible that Celia is Estelle's granddaughter? And I can never remember if Benny or Billy Clyde was the father to Estelle's daughter.

And since we're into old school territory, I have to give a shout out to my favorite PV pimp-Tyrone!!!

And I'm sorry but Darnell needs to shave.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 5:47 PM

I forget who said it earlier but I had also tried to make Celia actually be Leora.

I think it would be awesome for Celia to be Leora, but since there isn't a shot in hell of Anna Devane appearing on All My Children after the OLTL3 debacle, it would be pointless.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 5:49 PM

Emily Ann was Billy Clyde's daughter via rape.  I guess Celia and Miranda would have more to talk about where she Emily Ann's daughter.

LeftPhalange

LeftPhalange

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 6:07 PM

She is the Camibus heir and all of her family's money is actually her money.

How did Miranda become heir to Cambius?

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 6:22 PM

Miranda was born after Michael died.  Alexander Cambias faked his death as did Zach so she was the only living heir.  Zach's son Ethan turned up but then he died with no children.  Alexander went to prison for a series of murders.  Zach and Miranda are the only ones with a claim.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

She is the Camibus heir and all of her family's money is actually her money. OK, Erica might have thrown in a few bucks here and there and Bianca probably pulled in a check when she sat on the Cambius board but the ownership of the stock/company is Miranda's.

Didn't Bianca inherit Travis' money as well?

How did Miranda become heir to Cambius?

Miranda and Ethan were both heirs to the Cambias Fortune by birthright but Ethan is dead now leaving Miranda as the sole heir. Zach has always been pretty adamant that he wanted nothing to do with his father's legacy which is why Miranda stands to inherit all the Cambias money.  I have no idea if Zach's kids are still considered heirs since Zach pretty much denounced that side of his family.

Edited by Turkish, May 8, 2013 @ 6:29 PM.

Darliana

Darliana

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

Bianca and JR haven't really been true friends since that Frankie shit went down but they were actually being more friendly than they had been in years right before the show ended and Marissa chose her over him. And I think they were only able to do that because Babe had long been dead and Bianca had lived a life out of JR's orbit for a few years before that point.

I also think CBL had a lot to do with it. I actually thought she was a pretty fantastic recast, but she definitely didn’t play the character the same way ER did. Her Bianca was nicer, more poised, more restrained. I don’t think I could picture her Bianca being truly snotty toward anyone. (And on the occasions they tried it, like with Greenlee, it was when she was at her weakest imo.)

So if Miranda thinks her father was just a sperm donor, does that mean Gabi thinks that too? Because the whole point of using Zach's sperm was so that they'd be as related as possible, right? They can't exactly say that though without explaining about Michael Cambias. And if they do know that Zach is the donor, why wouldn't they just tell both girls that he helped out the cause?

I'm also getting confused because Miranda keeps calling AJ Ace. And all I can think is, "She doesn't know about Michael Cambias, but she knows what Kelly Cramer called this kid when he was first born?"

You would think that during their short-lived marriage, Tad, the P.I., would have explained to Cara that the best lies are the ones that sound real, but can't actually be proven by doing something as easy as picking up a phone, calling DWB, and saying, "Hey can you give me the records of volunteers during X time period?" I also wouldn't be surprised if that surgeon David mentioned is completely made up and he was just testing her.

hipppoisland

hipppoisland

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

I don't think Miranda or AJ know about the baby switch.  If they did, I don't think she'd call AJ "Ace" and I don't think he'd be ok with it.  

Loved AJ today.  Loved that he called Dixie on her BS about JR.  Loved that he was angry with David, but listened to him.  Loved that he opened up to Miranda.  

FWIW, I don't think AJ has a particularly close relationship with Dixie (both because of her being around for JR 24/7 AND because she views him as an extension of JR and not as a person in his own right) and I don't think he will have a particularly close relationship with David (because David will view him as an extension of Babe and Marissa) even though I'm sure David will try and connect with him.  

Seeing Winifred and learning that Billy Clyde is coming back is just made of awesome.

ETA:  

Weighing in on who Celia is - 

If she's a Martin - She could be Emily Ann and Jake's daughter - say Jake had a random hook up with Emily Ann after the truth about Colby came out and Emily Ann lied about who her child's real father was - with Billy Clyde being her guardian

If she's a Chandler - She could be Julie's - making her Pete's adoptive grand niece.  She could be another long-lost child of Adam's. She could be Hayley and Mateo's child (she's around the right age to be Enzo's twin or a child who was switched with him at birth - i.e. older than AJ and younger than Colby) - but, I don't think she's a Chandler.

If she's a Cambias - She could be Alex's, Michael's, Ethan's or Zach's...- if this is the way they go, my guess is she's Michael's, she learns she was the product of rape and that Alex is her guardian.

If she's none of the above - maybe a Merrick or another long-lost daughter of David's.

Edited by hipppoisland, May 8, 2013 @ 8:12 PM.

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:32 PM

Ah so Miranda doesn't know anything about Michael Cambias, Bianca's rape, and her conception.  A suspension of disbelief in the Google age, but I'm very much looking forward to the drama surrounding that reveal because you know it's coming.

Yeah it does seem quite unlikely that Miranda hasn't heard about anything from anyone. Since Erica and Bianca are pretty well known, it wouldn't take much for one of those kids in her school to google away and find information. It will be interesting when she finds out the truth.

(and whatever the hell is up with her seeing a man in her mirror)

Maybe he killed her parents? Sorry I haven't paid enough attention to her to know if she has mentioned how they died.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:47 PM

I think Pete is one of the hottest guys on soaps, ever. The boy has an 8-pack. And a very pretty face. Perfection. I missed yesterday's show. Did Pete really say he was going to take Celia's virginity? It doesn't seem like they would have him do that, but how could Celia have misunderstood something so specific?

Crs97

Crs97

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

His friend joked that Pete just wanted to take her virginity and dump her.  In true soap fashion, she stormed out before hearing Pete tell his friend that wasn't the case.

Renard

Renard

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:57 PM

Maybe he killed her parents? Sorry I haven't paid enough attention to her to know if she has mentioned how they died.

I believe she said they died in a car accident/crash.

I think Pete is one of the hottest guys on soaps, ever. The boy has an 8-pack. And a very pretty face. Perfection. I missed yesterday's show. Did Pete really say he was going to take Celia's virginity? It doesn't seem like they would have him do that, but how could Celia have misunderstood something so specific?

No, it was his buddy who said that.

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 9:00 PM

I believe she said they died in a car accident/crash.

But that could be something she was told, so it may not be the truth.

hipppoisland

hipppoisland

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 9:22 PM

Celia has two (presumably) dead parents, a wealthy, controlling, male guardian she's never seen, sees visions of some creepy man in the mirror and has no other family she is aware of...which of course means she will end up someone's daughter and nutcase to boot.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

What if

Spoiler

mooyoo

mooyoo

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

Okay, so Miranda doesn't know that her father was Michael Cambias, but is it possible maybe she does actually know about him raping Bianca and Bianca killing him? Leaving aside whether anyone connected to Bianca and Miranda ever let it slip, would the fact that Bianca got pregnant by him be noted in news stories about the event?

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 10:06 PM

Didn't Bianca inherit Travis' money as well?

But Travis and Barbara have children - Sean and Molly.

http://www.soapopera...all-my-children - Billy Clyde is coming back.