All My Children

• Please log in to reply

70111 replies to this topic

twotrey

twotrey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Spent time with Cornelius Smith Jr. tonight for the first time since the show ended, and he's in good spirits and been busy working around the first pilot season for which he's been fully available since the move to L.A. If you haven't already, check out his recent KFC commercial.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

I know I've asked this before, but my cable was one of the ones switching to the Disney and presumably stopping Soapnet. My DVR shows the AMC reruns at least for the next 10 days. How much longer can I expect to see these old episodes with the BAd-actress Greenlee and the JR kidnapping fallout? Soapnet still says they are going off on Marsh 23. What gives?

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

No idea how long they're going to continue. Right now SN and Disney Jr. seem to be on two different channels on all the cable providers so far.

SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

No idea how long they're going to continue. Right now SN and Disney Jr. seem to be on two different channels on all the cable providers so far.

Another smooth move by ABCD - cancel all but one of your soaps, then keep SoapNet to help out the soap(s) on your rivals CBS & NBC. The stupid it hurts!

Spent time with Cornelius Smith Jr. tonight for the first time since the show ended, and he's in good spirits and been busy working around the first pilot season for which he's been fully available since the move to L.A. If you haven't already, check out his recent KFC commercial.

Good luck to Cornelius (and all the others) taking part in pilot season. I love seeing Kelli Giddish on Law & Order SVU and would love to see other AMC alums in prime time.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Soapnet still says they are going off on Marsh 23. What gives?

Disney Jr. is on the air. SoapNet is still on the air in some areas only because some cable and satellite providers haven't come to an agreement with Disney to air Disney Jr. yet. As soon as Disney can convince all the providers to carry DJ, SoapNet will be gone for good.

twotrey

twotrey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 3:02 AM

Good luck to Cornelius (and all the others) taking part in pilot season.

Will send him your regards. Funny; we were catching a movie and Sheryl Underwood came up to us, who had a big AMC fangirl moment, gushing "You're Angie and Jesse's baby!!!" and went off about Frankie/Randi/Madison.

SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Will send him your regards.

Thanks. I will always think it's shitty how they moved them all to the west coast so quick, got Lucci to take a pay cut, etc. then cancelled the show anyway. The only good thing is the actors are in LA for pilot season and TV roles. Very cool you got to see Sheryl Underwood be an AMC fangirl.

MissSera

MissSera

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

YOU GUYS!!! It's a real life Dr. Madden!!

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

Disney Jr. has just started for me. It would happen now with all these good scenes of the Kane family dealing with Spike and Ian's injuries.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Did anyone see the last episode of The Soup? I saw a clip of Cameron Mathison in the opening montage but either it was a random clip or I missed the clip when I changed the channel during the commercials.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

For those of you watching the early morning reruns, My DVR is showing that on May 1 it is adding another hour at the end. Central will be midnight to 3. I'm not sure I can spend 3 hours watching this - that seems a bit much. Maybe they are speeding up to end the Spike cochlear implant story before the end comes...

Addison Dewitt

Addison Dewitt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

Hi All!

I usually post in the OLTL thread but Ron Carlivati made a comment about maybe bringing AMC characters to GH. Although he's a massive liar, among other things, it inspired me. I have some recommendations. Rather than go on and on here, I'm starting to make the argument here. http://addisondewitt...s.blogspot.com/

You never know. Can't hurt. I have a few more in mind!

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

Nice gesture, I suppose, but nothing short of turning GH into AMC, would make me watch anything written by Ron C. on a regular basis.

Addison Dewitt

Addison Dewitt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

Nice gesture, I suppose, but nothing short of turning GH into AMC, would make me watch anything written by Ron C. on a regular basis.

Good point! Even if they try to turn it into OLTL, which is the rumor, they don't have time. Heard GH is having the plug pulled sooner than expected- meaning it may be a September end date. Good thing I started my farewell this week. All the AMC clips this week made me cry!!LOLL, I feel stupid.

Losing AMC really hurt.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

Good point! Even if they try to turn it into OLTL, which is the rumor, they don't have time. Heard GH is having the plug pulled sooner than expected- meaning it may be a September end date.

The Revolution's been cancelled, so it got an extension.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

If anyone was a fan of Zach Slater's father, Alexander Cambias, Sr. (aka the Satin Slayer), the actor who played him is currently appearing on Mad Men as Don Draper's French Canadian father-in-law. FIL is quite the '60s leftist intellectual snob who disapproves of his daughter's new life of wealthy capitalist decadence as Mrs. Draper.

Addison Dewitt

Addison Dewitt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

Thank you! I knew I knew him and I couldn't remember from where!! It's been bugging the hell out of me.

twotrey

twotrey

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

Fans in Los Angeles: Cornelius Smith Jr. will be in a production of Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale in Glendale on Friday, June 29.

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:15 AM

All My Children got 11 Daytime Emmy nominations including best show, best actress, best actor, and a nomination for MCE. Other alums got nominated too.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

Aw, how sad. According to this, Lindsay Hartley (ex-Cara; ex-Arianna, DAYS; ex-Theresa, Passions) and her husband, Justin Hartley (ex-Fox, Passions), are getting divorced over "irreconcilable differences."

Misty1

Misty1

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

Does anyone know if the daytime emmys are going to be televised. I hope we get an All My Children tribute and get to see our favorites on stage. Knowing how poorly our show has been treated by ABC I doubt the emmys will even acknowledge AMC or OLTL.

oreo8704

oreo8704

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Susan's pilot didn't get picked up. It seemed like it was expected to get picked up. Someone speculated that it was because ABC decided to go after the male demographic and replaced it with a male skewing show.

Edited by oreo8704, May 16, 2012 @ 8:44 PM.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

It was a front runner because it was Marc Cherry but it apparently didn't test very well and faded.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

Does anyone know if the daytime emmys are going to be televised. I hope we get an All My Children tribute and get to see our favorites on stage. Knowing how poorly our show has been treated by ABC I doubt the emmys will even acknowledge AMC or OLTL.

Last I heard, the rumor going around that the Daytime Emmys might air on HLN of all places.

I'm not too hopeful for an AMC tribute if the Emmys are aired on TV, they've totally bungled the soap tributes for about the last 8 years. Remember last year's dreadful and awkward Susan Lucci "tribute?"

gpgurl50

gpgurl50

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

They made a lot of references to AMC on "Hot In Cleveland" last night.

imqrious2

imqrious2

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Marc Cherry's "Devious Maids" hasn't been relegated to the dustbin of TV history just yet.

The hour-long drama, which was passed over by ABC in the recent pilot season, might find a home at Lifetime, an individual with knowledge of the situation confirms to TheWrap.

ABC Studios, which produced the pilot, is in preliminary talks with Lifetime about picking up the project, a soapy drama based on a Mexican format that follows the lives of five ambitious maids while they work for wealthy Beverly Hills residents.

The pilot had cast "Ugly Betty" alum Ana Ortiz and "All My Children" star Susan Lucci. Cherry wrote and executive-produced the pilot.

jetty

jetty

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

It could work on cable better than network. Cable series typically have a shorter season, which might work in "Devious Maids"'s favor. Those drawn-out seasons for "Desperate Housewives" frequently ended up in season-long mysteries that sputtered out of juice before they ended.

Spazzo47

Spazzo47

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

Been watching the Soapnet "classic" episodes on accident and... well... who thought it was a good idea to have a recast of Babe and a recast of Greenlee running around town? Both actresses were horrible and I can't say that I care one iota about either of their storylines. Were the character that central to the show? Ever?

celest

celest

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Babe was especially egregious, since Alexa Havens went in for a hug with Krystal at the end of an episode, and NuBabe pulled back the next day.

Both actresses were horrible, imo, but I did feel bad for the treatment Sabine Singh got from ABC when RB came back.

Joimiaroxeu

Joimiaroxeu

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

Both actresses were horrible, imo, but I did feel bad for the treatment Sabine Singh got from ABC when RB came back.

Yeah, the ads referred to RB as "the real Greenlee", as if Sabine Singh had merely been a placeholder while RB was gone on vacation or something. They had to retcon Spike's deafness as being inborn and not caused by Greenlee's car accident when she kidnapped him. After RB's return Kendall practically had to apologize to Greenlee for what happened to Spike. It's easy to assume that the rewrite was a condition of getting RB back and it was a pathetic reinforcement of the notion that SL, CM, and RB were considered the stars of the show even though Kendall was the daughter of a legacy character.