Clay Aiken VI: The Thing That Wouldn't Die

• Please log in to reply

19422 replies to this topic

yksask

yksask

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Clay was on The Today show this AM with Arsenio.

http://today.msnbc.m...84891/#47460372

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

Clay is looking fine and is so confident on the shows that I've seen. He is so slender, beautifully clothed and has a fabulous new hair style. I'm excited to see the finale tomorrow night and, hopefully, a big win for Clay.

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

When the finale of Celebrity Apprentice happens, please remember that you shouldn't post about the show while it's airing. And really, this thread shouldn't be about Celebrity Apprentice, but some overlap is certainly understandable.

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Maybe should lock this thread till after 11:00 PM Pacific tomorrow.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

I, for one, won't be posting tomorrow night as I'll be sitting on the edge of my chair clutching my pearls. ;)

readytoplay

readytoplay

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

Clay deserved to win based on fund raising and the fact that Arsenio is a classless jackass.

kitk

kitk

Just Tuned In

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Tried to locate info on Magic Johnson Foundation v NIP.
Guidestar.org has documents including the most recent tax forms (2010) for both.
MJF lists only $26,000 SPECIFICALLY for HIV program.
Total revenues almost $3M.

Maybe someone who can read financial statements should evaluate both charities, especially the percentage spent on expenses and administration versus what is actually spent on providing stated purpose services.

If anyone has another site with such info, please post it.

yksask

yksask

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

Clay Aiken ‏@clayaiken
Congrats to my table mate, @glsen Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Marguerite Kondracke at #RespectNY http://pic.twitter.com/Mh2mrnk3
8:46 PM - 21 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone Details

Like that Clay is moving on.

In my book Clay was robbed last night. Seems I am not the only one.

Dee Snider ‏@deesnider

@clayaiken WAS ROBBED!!!!! Nuff said. #CelebrityApprentice

Penn Jillette ‏@pennjillette
I can't read all the comments, but thanks for all the kind words on tonight's #CelebrityApprentice. I love Arsenio, but I was amazed.

Suzette Snider ‏@Just_Suzette
I think C.A is fixed. Dee should of made it to the end.Clay should have won!

This is Dee`s wife LOL.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:11 AM

Yep, Clay has moved on and so must I. But yay to Dee Snider for putting it out there!

Dee Snider ‏@deesnider

@clayaiken WAS ROBBED!!!!! Nuff said. #CelebrityApprentice

sgomes

sgomes

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Maybe someone who can read financial statements should evaluate both charities, especially the percentage spent on expenses and administration versus what is actually spent on providing stated purpose services.

Why? CAP is just a reality show. Trump had a right to pick the winner, and I'd think the charties were all vetted before the show began. Long term, who won this show means nothing. All the charities of all the celebs ended up with money.

Here's hoping Clay's involvement will hrlp further his musicial career. Looking at the sales of Steadfast, CAP gave those sales no boost. Still would love to see Clay back on Broadway and away from reality TV for good.

KyteRunner

KyteRunner

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

Last night, Clay attended the GLSEN Respect Awards http://t.co/Mh2mrnk3

Excited to hear what Clay's going to perform at tonight's Harboring Hearts gala in NYC.

This year's National Inclusion Project Gala will be held this year at the National Theater in Washington DC on October 20. Special guests appearing are Debbie Gibson, Arsenio Hall, Dee Snider, and Ruben Studdard.

http://www.inclusion...news.php?id=153

Edited by KyteRunner, May 22, 2012 @ 1:09 PM.

yksask

yksask

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Here's hoping Clay's involvement will hrlp further his musicial career. Looking at the sales of Steadfast, CAP gave those sales no boost. Still would love to see Clay back on Broadway and away from reality TV for good.

Actually his CD was #20 on Movers& Shakers on Amazon last night so some have purchased. Hard to sell CD right now. I mean check out billboard today and the #1 seller was what. A measly 78,000. I will agree that I would love to see Clay on Broadway again. he is very diverse as we saw on CA which will make for a long career.

Clay has been a busy guy the last couple of days.

trudy ‏@trudatnyc

clay aiken & back of eric trump (who just raised $105K w a guy named stewie) for @harboringhearts @rubinmuseum http://instagr.am/p/K8u68YL5dM/

Eric Trump's intro of Clay at the Harboring Hearts event tonight:

"I also have the honor to be here because of another person who raises quite a bit of money for charity and that's Clay Aiken. Over the last three months I got to know him - he's an amazing, amazing guy. He had to deal with the Lisa Lampanellis of the world and getting abused by them on a daily basis, isn't that right Clay? He took every blow, I think he came out of the Celebrity Apprentice with everybody loving him, which that never happens. You've got brutal celebrities going after each other. He did such an amazing job. He's truly truly a great (pal??) and I mean that sincerely. We had a lot of fun and he became a great friend of mine and of our family's. It's with great pleasure that I welcome Clay Aiken."

readytoplay

readytoplay

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 6:49 AM

Actually his CD was #20 on Movers& Shakers on Amazon last night so some have purchased. Hard to sell CD right now. I mean check out billboard today and the #1 seller was what. A measly 78,000.

What did Clay's release of Steadfast sell opening week, something like 4,000? That's measly. And since Clay didn't even sell 78K total with his release of Tried and True it would stand to reason he would be thrilled to have those "measly" sales.

As for Clay moving on, his twitter feed tells a different story.

It seems he wants his fans to "prove" he was the "real" winner by donating to his charity. #votewithyourwallet is the hashtag he used. He did the same thing when he lost Idol. Said buy 7 copies of the album and "prove" who the real winner is.

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Clay's focus was on his charity work for the past 6 months. The fact that UMG re-released his last cd is of no concern to Clay. He didn't even promote it.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 5:07 AM

Yep, that scoundrel, Clay Aiken. How dare he find another clever way to gain contributions to his charity. The National Inclusion Project took in over $25,000 overnight after the finale of CApp. Go Clay!

Hash, rehash and #hashtag. I'd really not like to see another rehash of a decades old American Idol please and thank you. I'm focusing on http://www.inclusionproject.org/

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Now that his music career has tanked, concentrating on his charity is a good direction for him to take.

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

I bought my tickets to the Champions of Change Gala in Washington DC in October. I can't wait for Clay, Dee, Debbie, Arsenio and Ruben to perform together again.

Meanwhile Clay will be on tour through fall and winter this year and I'm going to make it to at least one show.

Since Tour is where musicians make their living, his music career is in fine shape.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

This is the last update I've seen on NIP fundraising during CApp. I need to look for an update.

Money raised by the NIP through 5/23.

Posted Yesterday, 01:05 PM#240
Seems everyone got what they wanted - Clay wanted to win, but primarily to get the money for the charity, and thanks to his second place showing and the outrage by Clay fans, he's stoking the fires and on target to get even more than the $250,000.

Tweets from Clay's charity tracking the donations made post-show:
Nat'l Incl Project ‏@includingkids

Since last night, we've had over 300 donations totaling $25K! We have raised over $470K through @clayaiken 's time on Celebrity Apprentice!

5:32 PM - 21 May 12 via web
---------------------

We're at $33,500 this morning! Thank you!! #votewithyourwallets at http://inclusionproject.org

9:57 AM - 22 May 12
--------------------

$40,000 from over 500 donors since Sunday night! Y'all are great! Keep it coming! #votewithyourwallets athttp://inclusionproject.org

8:33 AM - 23 May 12
-------------------

$43,000 since Sunday! Thanks to all who have donated! #votewithyourwallets at http://inclusionproject.org

9:26 AM - 24 May 12

clotilde

clotilde

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

Said buy 7 copies of the album and "prove" who the real winner is.

Do you have a link to this statement? I remember the interview and he said it as sarcasm IMO. I never take any statement like that by any artist seriously. He did say "buy 7 copies." He never said "prove who the real winner is."

Actually the 'proof' if we want to go there could be in the numbers Clay sold of the single Bridge Over Trouble Waters/This Is The Night. Heh. That was back in the day we could get the hard copy at a store and we paid like $3.99 for it. I can't remember Clay's exact numbers but as far as I know, no one has beat his numbers on that release.

eta:

A few years ago WRAL reported an audit on Clay's charity for administrative costs vs services rendered. The results were 20% administrative and 80% services which is where you want to be.

Edited by clotilde, May 28, 2012 @ 11:20 PM.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Actually the 'proof' if we want to go there could be in the numbers Clay sold of the single Bridge Over Trouble Waters/This Is The Night. Heh. That was back in the day we could get the hard copy at a store and we paid like $3.99 for it. I can't remember Clay's exact numbers but as far as I know, no one has beat his numbers on that release.

Actually, the numbers are at Wiki:

Double A-side CDs

2003 Bridge Over Troubled Water/This Is the Night

Released: June 3, 2003

Label: RCA (#51785)

Format: CD

US: Platinum[8]
CAN: 6 Platinum[9]

Sales: U.S. 996,000

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

Idol Chatter just revamped the Idol first/coronation singles list since Phillip Phillips first week sales just came out. Clay holds on to the top spot.

1. Clay Aiken, This Is the Night (393,000 first-week sales)

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

Travid, add to that the fact that Clay's single release was a hard copy at $3.99 where Phil's was probably around $1.00. There's quite a difference and I don't think that record will ever be broken.

I think Phil is quite wonderful and talented and he blew me away with his coronation song.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 5:04 AM

Clay will be performing at the Encore Celebration Gala, June 16th. Ticket prices are pretty steep but it has been learned that they've released some seats in the orchestra, including a couple of singles in the first five rows and some pairs at mid-section, but on the outside. If anyone is in the vicinity of Carmel IN and wants to attend the concert but pay only $200 instead of $500, now's your chance. They also still have at least eight $500 VIP tickets. The concert starts at 7PM and the dinner at 9PM. So, I think the concert probably is planned for only 90 minutes.

http://www.thecenter...ion5-16-12.aspx

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

All this talk about "Home" being the best Coronation Song may well be true, but I have always adored "This Is the Night," of course I am one of those people who has never been convinced that Clay actually didn't win, LOL.

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 5:22 PM

Entertainment Weekly did an article about the real winners of American Idol and, yes, Clay is the real winner of Season 2.

'American Idol': Who REALLY Won Each Season?

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

I found that you can still buy a ticket to the Encore Celebration Gala where Clay will be performing tonight. However, they're $500.

http://www.thecenter...ion5-16-12.aspx

A Broadwayworld article about tonight's gala:

http://losangeles.br...la-616-20120615

Travid

Travid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 2:41 AM

Awesome introduction by Michael Feinstein.

KyteRunner

KyteRunner

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Clay will be doing a Christmas tour this year.
http://www.theherald...or-haircut.html

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

Hark! I hear angels singing. :)

Mthome

Mthome

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

I am so glad Clay is planning a Christmas tour this year. Have really missed them. I don't expect tickets will be available until after the Gala. I have my hotel reservations for that and wouldn't miss that lineup of guests!