Clay Aiken VI: The Thing That Wouldn't Die

• Please log in to reply

19422 replies to this topic

RainJane1960

RainJane1960

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:13 PM

As for Measure of a Man I'm really looking forward to trashing the lyrics to that one, even if I can't figure out what the hell they mean.

Ooh, man, is this the place for me or what? Typical convo between me and my Clay-lovin' bud (MOAM is playing - the song):

bud: I like this song.
Me: But what's it abooouuutttt?
b: I don't know. I like the way he sounds on it, though.
Me: Tell.me.what.it.means.
b: Can't tell. Don't care.
Me: ARRRGGGH!

This song is manic depressive. You love the guy because he has nothing? You would even if he had nothing? "Would he give up all he had?" Are you saying he shouldn't have to walk hot coals for you? Or are you such a bitch that you would make him walk hot coals, fine, but is he good enough yet?
I'm confused (tm Carson re: one C.H.A.)
I do like the Vox on it, but it makes me crazy. However, it is only at I Hate It level 3. Cannot beat Touch or Shine. Wish I could beat Touch or Shine. With a stick. To death.

Seeya, you KNOW what kind of a bitch I am and how much I hate the CD. Don't let me dampen your joy. I have nothing but admiration for people who love it, truly. I am fucking JEALOUS of you. (snarl, snarl)

I do like the belting on Perfect Day. Baby can belt better than Babs. I'd love to see/hear a Beltathon with Babs, Baby and Dion. He'd mop the stage with them.

His glory note tied to the panning camera

Welcome bip! You are now In The Zone and there is no escape. We worship the Blue-Footed Booby God of Sex, Clay Aiken. FYI, Baby ALWAYS knows where the panning camera is. He is a complete and total camera WHORE. Thank God.

...and his little jig...it actually sent chills down my spine

Makes you wanna be a smoker, doesn't it? That is actually some Alpha Stallion foot stamping going on there, calling in the herd/harem.

For the record, my New Year's Resolution is to quit swearing and to cease objectifying that sweetly modest and innocent young crooner. 

Funniest thing I've heard all year. Say it with me, mel - I.SO.WANNA.DO.HIM. (Modest? MODEST? Boyfriend nearly put my eye out with his modesty in concert. Waves his modesty around like nobody's biznezz. I swear he has a practice pole in the bedroom. Boy, has he got YOU snowed! Only NOT.)

Blatant objectification:

It was evidently quite cold there above the ice.

She's referring to his nipples here, folks.

Hedgehog the Famewhore and Slutney Spears. That damned striped shirt, EWWWW!

Jer, I was just asking - where the hell ya been? I missed you!!
I love that Hedgehog. He can be a Famewhore all he wants, yes he can. Because only HE could pull off that atrocity of a jacket that brought me to my knees. BTW, asymmetrical necklines are all the rage right now. (Hey, it beats the plethora of stripey shirts from the summer). I think if he wears a cucumber on his head on MTV tonight, we'll be in for vegetable chic by spring.

My NY's resolution is to swear more and write Slash. I'm looking to MTV for fodder. "The snow swirled down around their ears as they tore at each other's clothes..."

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:52 PM

Man! I thought I was the only one confused by the song Measure of a Man, but not because it's so intricate you must make your own interpretation of it, its because it doesn't make sense! Should you love the guy even though he has nothing, or is he trying to say that a guy shouldn't have to do all these great things in order to be a great man? Bah. I give up, I'm just gonna listen to the pretty sensitive man singing instead.

And in "Shine", Clay sings "Turn around....everything you are". Does anyone else sing "Turn Around...every now and then I fall apart!!"? Cause it sounds exactly like that song and I can't help but do it every. single. time.

I do love the album now and it makes for good cheesy sing a long music.

aiwop

aiwop

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:54 PM

Mel,

THANK YOU for that link. Wow!?!! Boy did he look like he was having fun and I am very excited about The Way being the next single because Clay can finally look happy singing a song. And, of course, he's singing it to me...

O.K.
Crowds singing the song louder than the singer: Check
Sold two million records: Check
World is fascinated with what he is wearing (and I think there were two t-shirts underneath): Check
Can pack a hockey game: Check
Incredible live performances: Check

Yep--he's on his way to superstardom.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:32 PM

(I looked back five pages and didn't see mention of this)

Another indication that Clay is a STAH, baby:

He is featured in this week's Luann comic strip. So far, he is lost on his way to the airport and almost ran over her dog. It's not just cats! Anyways, I can't wait to see the strip artists rendition of Clay, since we've only seen the back of his spiked head.

Adric

Adric

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:16 PM

End of 2003 sees the usual front-page tribute to Clay Aiken in the local Raleigh newspaper, along with obligatory full-color photo, but reveals the slightest hint that while Clay may indeed carry on for years as this generations Barry Manilow, his future as a "pop" star is anything but certain. Indeed, for a publication that has fallen over itself to only show the perfect side of the Claynomenon, I caught an actual bit of reporting regarding the appearance of his Measure of a Man CD in the Used CD bins. I was wondering if anyone was going to notice that, but then, at least here in Raleigh, an outrageously ridiculous number of CDs were ordered by virtually every store, trying to cash in on the hype. I wondered if there were those who bought the album because of the hype, listened to it, and decided it wasn't worth keeping in their collection... (Then again, maybe they are just trying to share the voice... sorta like a CD virus... Clayworm?)

Anyway, that bit of info, along with a bit of a snarky reference to Clay as a contestant in a karoke contest in a year-end article, makes me wonder if we're entering the "now that we've built Clay up, let's make fun of him and knock him down" phase of pop-idoldom. That, would be a great resolution for 2004 indeed!

Seriously, I know my lack of enthusiasm for Clay over the months hasn't always meshed with other posters, but I just wanted to take advantage of the dawning of a new year to thank everyone on these boards who have provided me with endless entertainment, both the Claylovers and Clayloathers. I think it's truly awesome to have a site where people are allowed to post differing opinions and beliefs.

Much happiness to all in the coming year. Carry on snarking!

clotilde

clotilde

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:34 PM

makes me wonder if we're entering the "now that we've built Clay up, let's make fun of him and knock him down" phase of pop-idoldom.

This is definitely part and parcel of the looking glass Clay has stepped through. I think it's a little early for the actual tearing-down phase to start. The fan base is still growing. We shall see. I don't think any of us could see him at this level of popularity 6 months ago. I thought he'd release his CD, do a few appearances on TV and get his picture in a coupla magazines. My nephew is a suit vunderkind for Cosmo Girl and has been a great source of information for me. He is amazed at the Teen Magazines who have jumped on the bandwagon. He did not see Clay hitting this genre this fast, if ever. He doesn't think Clay is sex on a stick by any stretch of the imagination.

ADRIC, I know you are not a fan of the Clay you have known in real life. Let's hope he learns a few life lessons and becomes a better person in your eyes. Are you in touch with him at all? If your people called his people to do lunch could you do it? Might be interesting for you to see if there has been any growth in Clay as a person, in your eyes.

One thing is for sure, the pedestal will fall. Whether Clay can land on both feet when that happens will determine his future success in a very fickle business.

Edited by clotilde, Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:36 PM.

lyric0723

lyric0723

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:46 PM

Okay, who's the MTV slut getting all up on Clay, and why isn't she me? Do we have a shuttle departing anytime soon? She 'dug deep' to find out about his backwards feet thingy? Sigh... don't waste our time, amateurs.

Happy New Year, ya'll. **blowin' Jer a big, fat kiss**

ETA - and sneaking up behind Adric to muss his hair. I'm glad you're here to mix things up. If it weren't for you and Jer, who would we *flirt with, play with* harrass??

Well shit, ETA again - As for the Touch debate, put me down for a 'Hell, no.' That song is a steamin' piece of crap. That stupid 'do du-loo, do du-loo' music turned me off before Clay even got to the cringe-inducing, "Blue...is the ocean..." Yipe.

I'd love to hear A Different Corner, if we're requesting George songs - could also really dig Clay's cover of George's cover of Somebody to Love.

Oh - and now the discovery of Clipples? Made my night.

ETA, yes again, whatofit? Oh Amen, ETtoo. I was lukewarm on that song until tonight, but he unleashed the Breathy!Voice!Clay, AND he said it's in the way that I tease him... - yum.

Edited by lyric0723, Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:33 AM.

ETtoo

ETtoo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:28 AM

Omigawd. The Way. Clay kicks New Year Ass....

What the Fignewtons

i have soooooooo been mispronouncing that....

Edited by ETtoo, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:17 AM.

aiwop

aiwop

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:44 AM

I caught an actual bit of reporting regarding the appearance of his Measure of a Man CD in the Used CD bins.

There will always be CD in the Used CD bins for everyone -- they are currently there for Ruben and I have even seen some in the bin for Matchbox 20. This is the not the beginning of the end.

I would have to say it is the beginning of a whole new year. That boy was the highlight of MTV New Year's. To quote Kelly: WooHoo! I think he just sold a whole bunch more albums. And did anyone notice that the crowd was singing The Way with him. Since it hasn't been widely released, that means a whole bunch of them have listened to his CD multiple times--and evidently liked it.

ToffeeBrowne

ToffeeBrowne

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:22 AM

Just getting in and of course I had to see what folks thought of the MTV performances. I was at a friends house, and yes I made them watch Clay. I am sooooo OUT! It was too too funny. When he sang The Way just about all of the chicks were in half swoon. The guys were not amused. I made them turn off JayZ(my old crush) so I could watch. Did I mention I am soooo OUT now? Hee! When I'm more coherent I will post about what I actually thought of said performances.

Just wanted to link the article that Adric was referring to. I liked it for the same reasons as Adric, it was neither a gush piece or a tirade against the Aiken. I can live with that of course. Funny thing though is that one of our more "agressive" Aiken fans emailed with the writter to ask about the need to point out the Measure of's... in the discount bin. Turns out he was refering to the used cds you can get from amazon.com. As you know you can get a number of used cds from there. Actually I ran across a Hotel Paper cd in a discount bin the other day. I really liked Branch's Spirit Room, but even the low price couldn't compel me to buy her new one. Too many disses to my boy. But I guess if her career aint over yet I can't worry too much about Clay's. Rumor is he is about to ship his third million. In this day and age of Kazaa not too many folks do that anymore. But like I said I really liked the article. This is one of my favorite parts:

Afterward, wearing an Aiken T-shirt and carrying a handful of homemade signs, Renee Tanner, 13, needed only three words to explain her attraction to the Raleigh-born teen idol.
"He's dead sexy."

Then this:

Just then, Betsy Moline of Fuquay-Varina leaned toward her daughter and offered a mom-speak addendum: "And he's polite."
"Yeah," Renee conceded, deciding that her mother had a point, albeit one a tier below Aiken's all-around hotness. "He's got good manners."

Both funny and squick-worthy. Honest Injun at 13 I didn't even know what sexy, not to mention sex was and if I did I would never have said it infront of my mom. Hell as far as she is concerned I am still as pure as the driven snow and will remain so even after mariage. But the best:

Fans love him because he loves Jesus and his mother.

Mr.Ehlers, Jesus and Mama Faye aint got nothing to do with my addiction. Trust me.

Happy New Year TWoPers!

ETA-that lyric is back!!!!!!!! My popculturetwinwhore is bizack! And she hates Touch too! Ok, we need to just run away together cause it was meant to be mamacita!

Edited by ToffeeBrowne, Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:25 AM.

Jer2002

Jer2002

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:30 AM

I would like to be the first person to wish Jer2002 a Happy 2004. Please tune in to MTV at 10:30 p.m. to see Clay pee-pee-dance into the New Year.

Aww, thanks Cuckoo! Unfortunately, my cable is STILL out till at least Friday (fuck you Comcast!) so I had to sadly miss Clay's latest Pee Pee Dance/Famewhore appearance. Did he even do it?

And Jer I am sooooo stealing Famewhore the Hedgehog. Not cause I think Clay's a famewhore, but because it's absoloutely hee-larious! Here's a KrispyKreme for you.

MMM Krispy Kreme. Here's your asterik that you have been seeking ToffeeBrowne. You earned it!

Jer is back. Jer is back! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! RainJane and I were IMing about you the other day wondering where you'd gotten yourself to. I should have known you were off de-Clayverting the world. Such a noble cause! Never rest for a moment, do you?

Wow, I get talked about on IM? Oh my goodness! How cool. No, mel ladi I never rest for a moment. I'm an overachiever, just like Hedgehog the Pee Pee Dancing Elfin Famewhore.

Is Touch about masturbation by any chance?

RainJane1960

RainJane1960

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:00 AM

. . . so I had to sadly miss Clay's latest Pee Pee Dance/Famewhore appearance. Did he even do it?

Jer, do you want me to deal ya some fresh steamin' Clack? I got loads.
I hatehatehatehate MTV. And I hatehatehatehate the "teenybopperization" of Clay. Just during the intros alone, he looked completely out of place. I always envision him thinking "WTF am I doing here?" (hey, he may never say the F-bomb, but I bet my life he thinks it - a lot. OTH, sweet little liar is probably not totally on the up and up about this anymore than he is about anything else).

H.Hog the Fame'ho looked glorious tonight. Rested, unmade up (!), freshly shorn (Jer, the H.Hog has gone to ground! Bwahhh!!!), lots of freckles. OK, he had lip gloss, but that's because it was cowwwld out there and we can't have those gaorehoigje-able lips chapping up, now can we? Did a very low key version of The Way. Very low key. Slidin' off the stage, whoops, I had some champagne, low key. Quite appealing. Luscious, yummy boy. Better than can-day and very debacle-able. To the chagrin of the bulk of his fanbase, however, there was no smootch action at midnight, or any other time. (I try to keep apart from the bulk, la la la. . .)

Wow, I get talked about on IM? Oh my goodness!

Yes, you do hon. Hey, I told you I missed you!

Sadly, no. What it is about, is 2-1/2 minutes too long.

. . .makes me wonder if we're entering the "now that we've built Clay up, let's make fun of him and knock him down" phase of pop-idoldom.

Actually, his career "trajectory" is such that this is a given, and has occurred from Day One. Nothing new there. He could turn out to be the next Bob Dylan (yes, I know, he doesn't write, when pigs fly, etc.) and people will NEVER let his AI past rest. The word "cheesy" will follow him around for life. But he doesn't much care, and I think he's going to turn out to be the Teflon Pop Star. However, did I mention I just HATE the term "pop star"? There really is no "pop" music anymore (not since the '80's), so how can one be a "pop star"? He needs to throw those words out of his vocabulary and start hammering on the term "artist".

Happy new year, peeps. I'm off to watch my slippery, slidin' The Way again. . .

reddecca

reddecca

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:12 AM

Happy new year Mel, Kylenn, broken your resolutions yet.

And yet again I have to word Toffeebrowne fellow hater of Touch and all around good person. If I was to make a list of all the things which made me a Clay fan his attitude towards Jesus and Mrs Parker wouldn't make it.

I can't comment on any of the performances, since I don't get home till tomorrow, so instead I will focus on trashing on Measure of a Man with Rainjane. I can't even figure out if I find it offensive, because I don't know what it means. Is there religious imagery in it? I suppose if there is that could explain why it makes no fucking sense to me.

Although I should clarify that the reason that I prefer the demos to the CD is not generally the quality of the songs, because In Not Of is easily the most offensive song Clay has ever sung and I never listen to it because it makes me angry, instead it's the production. It's a sad indictment on the album that I prefer cheesy rent a studio demos, but you can actually here his voice in them, it's not covered in layers of godawful goop.

Frenna

Frenna

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:12 PM

In case you were wondering what Clay looks like in the Luann comic:

check here

Personally, I think he looks like Barry Manilow with hairier eyebrows

ToffeeBrowne

ToffeeBrowne

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:31 PM

And yet again I have to word Toffeebrowne fellow hater of Touch and all around good person.

Sniff. Thanks dawg, I try. And it's funny, the former me would have hated Clay just because he loved Jesus and his mama. Look what love has done I tell ya!

MMM Krispy Kreme. Here's your asterik that you have been seeking ToffeeBrowne. You earned it!

I got an asterick. I got an asterick. But are you telling me all I had to do to get it was feed you Jer? Typical man. But you can't take it away from me now!;-)

On the new Hot 100 Chart Invisible slips down one notch to #44. I think the Christmas progamming on AC had a lot to do with why it didn't climb higher, but maybe with radio getting back to regular it might climb back up again. On the albumb chart Clay comes in at #15 with sales well over 150,000 units in his 11th week. Not bad at all. I could have sworn he was in his 12th week, but oh well. It will be interesting to see how he sells now that the Xmas rush is over and cd sales are going into the wasteland that is January.

ETA-that I found this on another board. Now a few summers ago I had a HUGE The Sims addiction. A friend of mine introduced it to me as a gift when I got my first computer. I joke about it, but I sometimes get a tad obsessive compulsive with gadgets and things so I played the bejeesus out of that game. After awhile(long while) my fascination tapered off and I knew I really kicked the habit when I deleted it off my computer so I could have more room for Clay-media. Now I find out I can have a Clay Sim?!! I can make him do things? I'm scared.

Edited by ToffeeBrowne, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:20 PM.

aiwop

aiwop

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:32 PM

Just rewatched Clay's performances on MTV. Just when I thought I was sick of Invisible he comes out rested, stressfree and SANGS + Major swoon factor going on. The Way is my favorite song on the CD so can't wait for the video on that one.

Am I the only person who really likes the song Measure of a Man. I'm not big on religious metaphor (which is what the song is about-and the reason that this song will probably not be released as a single), but his voice is just beautiful on this one.

Can't believe I sat through the "rap-off" to hear Clay. They might as well ship 2 million more records and save themselves some time.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:39 PM

Am I the only person who really likes the song Measure of a Man. I'm not big on religious metaphor (which is what the song is about-and the reason that this song will probably not be released as a single), but his voice is just beautiful on this one.

I'm right there with you---MoaM is normally exactly the kind of song I wouldn't like but, for some reason, I like it a lot---it's one of only three or four songs on the disc I still listen to. As other posters have mentioned, I think that part of the appeal may be how passionate Clay sounds when singing it, as if he's singing about a topic that's truly close to his heart. I have a feeling this song would sound stellar live, when Clay isn't limited by RCA's god awful over-production and their tendency to drain his voice of depth and vibrancy. I'd also love to hear it sung in a slightly lower octave, but, then again, I always prefer to hear Clay singing in a lower octave because Deep!Voice! Clay still makes me a little swoony :)
Happy New Year to Clay lovers, Clay haters, unintense AND intense Clay fans, and anyone else I may have missed!

Edited by marlaas, Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:42 PM.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:22 PM

Right back at you marlaas. Do I detect that you are wandering back over near the intense fangirl line?

I don't think I'm that impressed with the artists rendition of Clay in the Luann comic. But it still tickles me that he's in it at all.

I think that last night's "Invisible" is the best live one yet. I can't compare to the tour, because I wasn't there in person and I don't think that the bootlegs do it justice. But of all the ones that I've seen on the teevee, he sounded at his best last night. And was the pee pee dance a little restrained?

Elliebird

Elliebird

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:50 PM

in my room it is . . . .

ToffeeBrowne

ToffeeBrowne

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

marlaas is back! I've missed you hon. You hit on the exact reason why I love the song Measure of a Man. Whatever the hell the song means to Clay he feels it when he is singing it. He supposedly did an acoustic version of it for one of those AOL sessions. AOL unfortunately are bastards and will not release the damned thing.

I might have a slightly odd sense of humor, but that Luann crap is boring the hell out of me. And it's suposed to go on for another week? Kill me now. It's cool that the cartoonist felt that Clay was "big" enough to be featured in it, but I think the moment that I knew Clay had arrived was when he was mentioned in the Doonesbury strip. That tickled the hell out of me. The sick masochist that I am I still wants to see SouthPark parody him. I know it will be brutal, but I just love SouthPark so. And I still have my dreams of an AI Simpsons with Clay, Ruben, Kelly, and Justin. Lisa can have a crush on the mother of non-threatening boys and Justin would find out that SideShow Bob was his daddy. A girl can dream.

ChgoAtty2001

ChgoAtty2001

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:44 PM

Shack, don't hurt me.... (I think this is an allowed post)

...but watching the "American Idol:Life on the Road" special, Clay's mom showed her personal shrine to Clay, including pictures, etc. they've received.

And in PLAIN VIEW was a "People's Republic of Clay" T-Shirt.

Jenna28

Jenna28

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:09 PM

I loved that AI special because I got to see Diva!Pissy!Clay. He was too funny marching backstage with that alpha male walk and making sarcastic comments. I also loved that fake make-out move he did with K-Lo.

Edited by Jenna28, Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:18 PM.

Seeya

Seeya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:28 PM

The Clay footage in that special was FANTASTIC!! I've rewound his ranting fit with Kim L. about a dozen times. So.freaking.funny. I get the feeling I would really like those two if our paths ever crossed in real life.

I also enjoyed how they made sure to show his lobbying in Washington DC. And Raleigh This is the Night was all kinds of awwwww. So all in all, I'm a happy Clay fan tonight!

bojo

bojo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:54 PM

Gawd, wasn't Pissy!Clay and his ChicagoHissyFit a scream? Seeya, I've rewound and replayed it a half-dozen times too (haven't done that since AI2!) -- and it just keeps getting better. "Lift me up ... on the stage ..." BWAH! Just before he storms backstage you hear Julia say "he's gonna flip" and I'm like, yes, he is, and this will be a good time had by all ...

We'd have sabotaged his mike ages ago if we'd known it would result in such great fun ...

Edited by bojo, Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:55 PM.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:53 PM

Aw, thanks for so warmly welcoming me back, toffee and bettymojo!
Your boy (of whom I am, ahem, still *unintensely* fond!) came across really well tonight. I liked behind-the-scenes, natural Clay much more than the semi-smarmy-host Clay we saw during the Christmas special. (as always, YMMV). I thought he seemed genuinely baffled and humble about the huge degree of pandemonium (FANdemonium?!) he inspires. I also liked the Clay Goes to Washington scene, including his (BWAH!) unplanned nap in the Senator's office! Poor Reddecca probably won't like that most of the politicians he mentioned happened to be Republican!
Oh, and I so loved that brief clip towards the end of Cluben mock fighting on stage and Kim having to step between them...it's such a great play on the whole 'rivalry' issue.
And, yes, I also liked...really liked...how he sounded on Live!Invisible, though I won't say I *loved* it, since that might sound too intensely fangirly :)

Edited by marlaas, Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:54 PM.

Jer2002

Jer2002

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:15 AM

I would just like to thank Famewhore the Hedgehog for comming out of the closet when he was acting like a pissy diva bitch. He so reminded me of one of my ex boyfriends. Hmm, maybe that's were some of my hate stems from as well?

bojo

bojo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:17 AM

Poor Reddecca probably won't like that most of the politicians he mentioned happened to be Republican!

ah yes, but the only one he really said anything about? the "really big player in special education," Sen. Harkin ... liberal Democrat.

... I'm pretty sure it was a Republican's office he fell asleep in, though.

cmkrcwi

cmkrcwi

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:01 AM

It was Barbara Mikulski's office. And she's a Democratic senator from Maryland.

3chords

3chords

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:10 AM

ah yes, but the only one he really said anything about? the "really big player in special education," Sen. Harkin ... liberal Democrat.

5 bucks says redecca would be a Green or an Independent.

I really liked the Clay I saw today. He was funny and charming. But okay, some of those fans? You know, prescription medication can do wonderful things...

z-26

z-26

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:40 AM

Just caught the special and thought I'd come to say that HissyFit!Sarcastic!Clay was hilarious. The whole thing was so over-the-top and silly - love a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously (which is why Grease is still one of my favorite performances).