The Ellen Degeneres Show

• Please log in to reply

3627 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

Sophia Grace & Rosie are back today. Spring vacation maybe?

marsha

marsha

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

Oh Ellen, seriously? Those fucking kids AGAIN??!! The second I see them I mute the television and check the guide to see what else is on. To say that they (especially the dark haired one - I don't even know which one is Sophia Grace and which one is Rosie) are just *annoying* is the kindest thing I can say.

I watched Ellen's show off and on during it's first season and then not so much afterwards. I've started watching again this year and, for the most part, have really enjoyed it. Ellen has always been funny and has a great rapport with her audience. I just wish she would get over these inane junior gong show rejects. Listen, anything that would make me switch over to The Marilyn Dennis Show has got to be horrifically bad!

tootyfruity

tootyfruity

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

MARSHA, I totally agree about the F'ing kids...I change the channel as soon as I see them....I used to really like Ellen's show but lately it has become a game show (in my opinion)....

Edited by tootyfruity, May 2, 2012 @ 10:59 AM.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Tuned in and saw those two little brats. My God they're annoying.

troublecakes87

troublecakes87

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

I don't mind Rosie (probably because she doesn't talk that much). Sophia Grace is AWFUL! Tell me when brattiness became cute? It was one thing when she was a kid that sang along to a song well but now I've had enough of the screaming. Lots of other cute kids in the world, Ellen! Stop flying these ones all the way out to the U.S!

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

I still get a kick out of them. Ellen tries so hard to give Rosie her chance to speak but I think she's just used to SG doing most of the talking. I loved Twitch wearing a tiara on top of his cap during the dance lesson, lol .

I'm not around many kids but it seems like as forward as Sophia Grace is, she is a little young for 9--the nine year olds I've known would not still be doing a lot of dress-up and playing with 5 yr olds.

Edited by car54, May 2, 2012 @ 4:55 PM.

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

I still love seeing Sophia Grace and Rosie, but I'm afraid that Ellen's run out of things to talk about with them. They're hilarious when she sends them off to interview celebrities at a red carpet event, but not much of that happening now! Maybe she should just have the occasional video chat with them instead of flying them all the way here.

I haven't been seeing the Ellen/JC Penney ads lately. Those didn't run very long - at least not in my area. Although this has nothing to do with Ellen's affiliation with JCP and I'm not blaming her, but I think she would be disappointed to learn that with this new ad campaign for JC Penney, they've totally redone their stores and laid off a lot of people - many long-term employees. Gone are a lot of the sales people out on the floor, and in are fewer checkout counters. A person I know who works for our local JPC said that they got rid of the people who help in the shoe department, so you go in and find your own shoes to try on. It also provides the perfect opportunity for people to walk right out of the store with a brand new pair of shoes on their feet (this person is in security and has seen it firsthand.) Ellen's all about helping people, so I do think she'd be upset to know that something she endorsed is actually hurting people. Again, no blame on her. She doesn't run the company!!

StJoeShark

StJoeShark

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

Loved the mutual affection between Pres. Clinton and Ellen, but didn't he seem a little off? Tired maybe? I don't remember him being quite so hesitant in his speech before.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I noticed his walk on was smooth and cool. He looks fantastic as Ellen said and I think the plant based diet for him shows well or he wears it well. I just think he is very relaxed and chooses his words carefully which makes his flow of conversation rather on the slower side. He adds a lot of pauses which a good orator is instructed to do when coached for public speaking.

I am looking into the pink cotton candy coloured crystal mirror ball and can picture two very excited girls dressed in their ballerina tutu outfits on their way to filming a segment at Target. Enjoying their trolley rides.

I imagine they mean elevators and or escalators.

Edited by King Cat Sam, May 11, 2012 @ 11:26 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

Thursdays in May appear to be Sophia Grace & Rosie day. I think the uniting with Russell Brand was a dud. If they know him at all, it's because he was married to Katy Perry, who they love. I think they're both on Team Katy.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

What does Ellen see in Sophia Grace and Rosie? They were cute the first time but now they just come off as obnoxious spoiled brats.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

I think Americans are charmed by the way British people speak. Not just the accent, but the vernacular they use. And it's amazing to us to hear that from tiny kids. The phrases and word choices are not typical for American children. Rosie is fairly monosyllabic, but Sophia has a lot of enthusiasm and a good example of this. I've also heard a bunch of kids who call into a radio show in the UK I listen to as a podcast, and it's devastatingly charming to hear.

cpcathy

cpcathy

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

I'll take Sophia and Rosie over any of the Kardassians any day!

And yes, I do like the way English children speak. Can't help it.

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 7:27 PM

I loved seeing Sophia Grace interacting with Russell Brand. I had been hoping to see that since the first time she was on the Ellen show. Him asking her to say everything that is on her mind, and she yelled out "Pink!" Hilarious! It was such a funny and sweet moment to see the innocence of a child. I do think that SG & Rosie really do appreciate all the gifts that Ellen gives them. I don't see them as brats. YMMV.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

It is funny to see them in LA long term. Rosie gets tanner every time she comes out. Even though she's blonde, she must have good skin for tanning, while brunette Sophia is still very pale. I imagine them spending a lot of time in the hotel swimming pool. Sophia's pink exclamation reminded me of Ray Romano's routine about asking his daughter what she's thinking of when he saw her in his rearview mirror with a big smile on her face. She responded "Candy".

tootyfruity

tootyfruity

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

Sophia and Rosie were cute the first time they were on.... not any more ! Enough already.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 1:25 AM

Sophia and Rosie were cute the first time they were on.... not any more ! Enough already.

Word! Aren't there 'real' celebs who could fill those slots? Ellen might as well rename her show if they're going to be regulars. And with mention they might move to LA, egads, does that mean they'll be on even more? Each visit is like the previous ones...how interesting can two young children be?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

I must admit, I did chuckle when Sophie Grace was doing her 'American talk' at the Cars playground. Even her spanish counting was rather comical.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

I found it interesting that Russell Brand spoke well of Katy Perry, while she went out of her way not to mention his name or the word divorce. I certainly don't think of her as a major talent, but I have a pass to a screening of her movie I'll probably use because I'm curious. I'm much more a fan of Russell Brand, so I hope he's in a lot of the film.

The Brit Tot haters should be happy for a while - seems like they're going home, so no more appearances.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Ellen's current season winds down in a matter of days so even if the Brit Tots were around, there won't be new shows. I think Ellen did say something about seeing them next season.

While I've grown weary of the little ones, I will admit SG speaking 'American' is amusing. (I can't understand much of what she prattles off in British.) While she is always 'on' R, at times, seems to zone out beyond just being the quiet one. She may not always want to be in performance mode while in SG's shadow. Can't help but wonder how all this attention, as such young ages, will affect them down the road.

Edited by caminlaca, May 23, 2012 @ 2:26 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

I have to ask, but was that USPS tv commercial just an Ellen spoof or was for real ?

I am fully aware that the postal service is suffering and it did catch my attention ! Now I'm off to mail a letter.

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

While she is always 'on' R, at times, seems to zone out beyond just being the quiet one. She may not always want to be in performance mode while in SG's shadow.

Rosie's just 5 years old, so I attribute her zoned out look as being overwhelmed with everything going on around her. That's a lot to take in! I find Sophia Grace to be very smart for a 9 year old. She seems to learn and retain things very quickly. It will be interesting to watch her grow up and see what direction her life takes. I think she has a bright future ahead of her, no matter which career path she chooses.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Chit Chat...agree with your take on Sophia Grace. Quite the dynamo. And Rosie does appear overwhelmed at time.

The USPS commercial was voiced over by the guy who does Ellen's show so assuming it was just E's production.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Ellen just returned from a vacation in Italy. Here are some candid pics of her and wife Portia taken in Portofino.

http://www.dailymail...ug-jet-lag.html

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

UGH!! Some of the comments just piss me off. It's why I tend to avoid any story about anyone gay because you always get "those people". I really just don't get it.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

King Cat Sam...thanks for posting! So often, when Ellen is told about some foreign locale, mentions how much she'd love to travel there, I wonder what's keeping her from going. Nice to see she made it to Italy. Now hoping Africa (and perhaps a safari), which also seem to be on her list of 'must see' places, is/are next.

Edited by caminlaca, Jun 20, 2012 @ 5:22 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

That is not their first trip to Italy. I think they honeymooned in Capri. I remember seeing them swimming and boating. I even think she shared some on her show when she returned the following new season.

I see that the article has them moving again. Cripes, I can't seem to keep up with their homes. Didn't they just buy Brad Pitt's place in December ?

Good for them. Enjoy !! the good life and all. I keep waiting to hear that they are going to be welcoming a new baby. Guess they are too busy with real estate.

caminlaca

caminlaca

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

King Cat Sam...I must've blanked on their previous trip to Italy. I don't watch as attentively as I did in the early seasons. I do recall footage from Bali(?)...or thereabouts...with swimming, a boat, gorgeous weather. Don't think Ellen's made it to Australia as yet, Portia's homeland.

Agree that all the house buying, moving would not be something I could embrace. I could see buying, renovating properties for resale but the moving part would get old, fast. Of course, helps to have someone else do all the heavy lifting.

Edited by caminlaca, Jun 20, 2012 @ 7:06 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

Ellen - SUNSCREEN! Or at least some zinc oxide for your nose. Yikes.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

Not only the red nose but I also thought the long necklace Ellen was wearing seemed odd for her usual style.

This is something I would see more suited to Portia.