Indianapolis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

368 replies to this topic

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2004 @ 6:28 AM

My Friend is officially coming.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2004 @ 5:06 PM

Glark hasn't posted our thing on the big board so here it is:

Lafayette/IndianapolisCon!

Join the Indianapolis TWoPpers, Saturday May 22nd at Columbia Park in Lafayette for TWoPCon 4: The Search For Connor. 11:30 AM. Pitch-in lunch, so far hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and condiments have been offered up. Then we'll do stuff!

RSVP at the Indianapolis Thread above.

This entry has been edited because I'm a mental reject.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2004 @ 7:56 PM

*cough*It's actually ColumbiaN Park.

Checked with our meteorologist and right now it looks like high 80s and sunny.

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo...

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2004 @ 8:40 PM

What time are the Indianapolis-ers meeting at the Taxxshelter? Is that 11:30, or is that when we meet in Lafayette?

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 9:23 AM

Meet at the Taxxshelter at 10:00, and we should be at the park around 11:30. We'll have to stop in Lafayette for grilling supplies, but that shouldn't take too long. Sound good?

And how about Ma or Pa Zumanity giving me a call before then?

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 4:33 PM

That should happen later tonight.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2004 @ 2:40 PM

Yay! Two more days!

Anyone have any requests before I go to the store tomorrow? If you want a baked dish (green bean casserole, brownies, etc.) I need the advance trip. Potato or macaroni salad? Just give me an idea.

Also for toppings, I'll be bringing cheeses, tomatoes, onions, pickles, lettuce, mayonnaise, etc.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2004 @ 8:05 PM

I drove over to the park after work to actually locate our shelter. It's an older, long shelter with lots of picnic tables. There are two single grills and two double grills. They don't have covers, it's just something you stick coals in and grill on top. We get one quarter. I'll try to get there first and stake out our spot.

Directions anyone? For those coming north take 65 up and get off at route 26, which should be exit 172. There are three Lafayette exits, that's the middle one. At the light turn left onto 26, which is also South Street. Most of the signs will say South. Now if you prefer to get supplies from Meijer turn right and go about 1/2 mile. Otherwise, as you drive west on the left side you will see the Super Wal-Mart. Past that is a Marsh on the corner of 26 and Creasy Lane (off the street, behind the Taco Bell) and a block past that is the SuperTarget. Continue west on 26 and through the junction with 52. Keep to the middle lane, left and right are turn onlys. As you drive you will pass Home Hospital on the right. Opposite that is a sign for Columbian Park. Keep going, we are on the complete other side. Drive to 18th St, which has a light and a Walgreens on the right. Turn left onto 18th, go one short block and you will come to a 5-way stop. Take the left turn onto Main St. Drive down Main and then make a left turn onto Wallace. It's a small street and you will immediately pass a Frozen Custard on the corner (dessert?). Drive down Wallace and you will see the entrance to the Zoo on the left. You can park there or along the street, there's no parking restrictions. Our shelter is a little past the zoo, near the end of the block. It's big and has a 'B' on it. Can't miss it. If I remember I'll make a TWOP sign.

I'm emailing my cell phone number to taxxgrrl if there's any problems.

Mmm, brownies. drool

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2004 @ 4:31 PM

I'll be bringing a pasta salad.

I'll see you all tommarow!

thevideoguy

thevideoguy

Just Tuned In

Posted May 25, 2004 @ 7:49 PM

Mrs. Greene and I had a wonderful time. We really wanted to thank you all for a great time, especially doing SFU "How Would They Die?" with the kickballers. We anxiously await our opportunity to host you all in the Anderson area. Mrs. Greene had suggested Mounds State Park as a potential location, but I'm sure she'll keep you all up on what's going on. Right now, I've got three episodes of "Deadwood" to watch on my HBO onDemand. Take care all.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2004 @ 11:41 AM

Awesome! And ditto on the great time. Wardrobe malfunction, indeed!
Anderson sounds cool. Any dates yet?

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2004 @ 1:31 PM

Yes, yes indeed we had a great time, and it is too bad we didn't have a dead guy/girl du jour on our hands. No dates yet, we're available weekends as per usual. Any ideas?

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2004 @ 3:24 PM

I'm thinking Chinese Food, sans-tripe.

Any ideas?

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2004 @ 4:05 PM

Well, we have a lovely place in Muncie with a party room, huge bar including sushi, Mongolian grill, and American fare (more than normal.) No tripe as far as I know.

(They make steaks fresh.... :D )

Edited by hagreene80, May 27, 2004 @ 4:07 PM.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2004 @ 9:39 AM

Hi everyone! We're getting ready to head off on our honeymoon today, but I wanted to say I'm in for the next gathering. Maybe sometime after the 4th of July?

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2004 @ 9:58 AM

I'm on board with the Muncie Sushi Place after the Fourth of July.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2004 @ 11:56 AM

How about either Saturday the 10th or the 17th of July at King's? We would be best suited for hosting on the 17th.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2004 @ 1:46 PM

17th will work.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2004 @ 5:27 PM

I'm good for that day.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2004 @ 12:46 PM

The 17th works for me.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2004 @ 10:22 AM

I think that will be ok. My parents are bugging me about coming out to Vegas on the 4th of July weekend. Anybody want Friday Night Frenzy t-shirts? We have loads lying around. Size L only.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 9:12 AM

Are we talking lunch or dinner? The Firm is having its annual baseball outing the evening of the 17th (I just found out), and spouses are "encouraged" to attend. So I could do lunch, but if dinner is better, I'll just catch you at the next gathering.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 11:04 AM

We could do lunch with little problem, the room has to be reserved about a week in advance. If anyone has any ideas of anything they want to do, let me know.

Kickball, anyone?

eta Dinner and lunch are not the same thing!

Edited by hagreene80, Jun 16, 2004 @ 11:06 AM.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 8:32 PM

Actually, I might have to work, so evening works better for me. If everyone else votes for lunch, I might have a problem. (Not to bring trouble, but the next weekend might work out better for me.)
Eta: Kickball? Great! I'll make sure to wear my tube top.

Edited by Wicked Wonder, Jun 16, 2004 @ 8:33 PM.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2004 @ 9:33 PM

I kind of like lunch over dinner. I'm trying to get Erin to come this time.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 8:07 AM

We definitely need more SFU "How Would They Die" fun - I think something tripe-related would be appropriate for this outing.

Sorry to cause dissension with the lunch/dinner (or is it dinner/supper???) debate. I'm also free on the 24th, all day/night.

If it works out for me to attend, I can drive from Indy again. I'll mail out permission slips and waivers a week before the event ; )

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 10:02 AM

We're open for the 24th as well, no problem. I'll bring the sheet for the fade to white.

Edited by hagreene80, Jun 17, 2004 @ 10:03 AM.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 1:41 PM

I absolutely cannot do the 24th, and I'm still firmly in the 17th Lunch camp. Also I think I can get my parents to drive, but I'll get back to you if I can't.

Edited by Zumanity, Jun 17, 2004 @ 1:44 PM.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 6:49 PM

I might be away the 24th.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 9:57 PM

10th...? Anyone?