Indianapolis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

368 replies to this topic

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2005 @ 6:14 PM

Okay, this is me standing up and taking charge.

Does November 11th at Pinheads work for everyone? I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that Sand Volleyball would provide snarking material much like the Columbia Park Kickball game, presented Live in Boob-A-Rama!, and I'm always good for that stuff. Also, bowling is fun, even though I'm not very good at it.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2005 @ 8:41 PM

November 11 sounds good to me. Can we do around 7:30 or so? With all the travelling I have coming up, I'm pretty sure I'll have to work. missmonty, if he's cool enough, can he burn you through and through?
I think taxxgrrl is still with the taxxdeduction. Maybe her and the Taxxman will be ready to premiere her at Pinheads!

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2005 @ 10:58 PM

missmonty Do you want a whole lot more than the boy next door? Do you want hell on wheels? I'm game for 11/11 and Mr. Greene might be as well.

Ji Xiang

Ji Xiang

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 19, 2005 @ 11:19 PM

Doh! Guess I'll have to wait for the next TWoPcon - I have GREs the next morning, so Nov. 11 is definitely out for me. (Interestingly, I plan on heading down to Indy immediately following the exam.)

missmonty

missmonty

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 24, 2005 @ 4:11 PM

I am up for November 11th. Little Monty will be with out of town and I will be free to enjoy the evening!

SmedIndy

SmedIndy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 11:10 AM

I think I'm out - I've got a very important thing the next day (The Wabash / DePauw football game...)

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 10:33 AM

I think we're out, too - my birthday is that weekend and we'll likely be heading south to visit my parents.
FYI, our little taxxdeduction arrived on August 5. If the next gathering (after the 11th) is family-friendly, we'll bring her along!

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:58 PM

Ya'll, I hate to bring this up, but is November 11th a Friday? I can make it if it is, but I'll be later than 7:30, probably.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:36 PM

It is. Should I put it on the big board?

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:55 PM

It's cool with me.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 2:53 PM

Sounds good, after 7:30 is ok too.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 3:40 PM

We're on the big board! Y'all better show up now.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:03 PM

In the interest of a snappy title for our con, how about "Indy TWoPcon: Lucky Strikes vs. The King Pins"

Adlib421

Adlib421

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 10:54 AM

Anyone planning a TARcon for the Indy area? With it being December and all, I can hardly afford a spontaneous trip to New York.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 10:00 PM

The last one we had, we were missing some people. I'm always up for a TARcon, especially if I can throw something at the Weavers. Boo! Hiss!
Zumanity, how did your test go? Yea or nay?

Edited by Wicked Wonder, Dec 2, 2005 @ 1:04 AM.

Fairhairedwitch

Fairhairedwitch

Posted Dec 6, 2005 @ 3:35 PM

I just wanted to say that I am north of Indy in South Bend and while I wouldn't be able to come down for anything in the next few weeks because I am a slave to my law school finals (eek!), next semester I would be all about a TWoPcon in Indianapolis. I don't know exactly how they work, like if it's a one night deal or if we could do it over a weekend or what, but I would love to come and meet some fellow TWoPers.

missmonty

missmonty

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 27, 2006 @ 12:11 PM

Ok. I've been horrible about checking our TWOPcon board but finally made it back again. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in getting something together again and hopefully this time I won't disappear off the face of the earth.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 1:22 AM

I was thinking TARcon, but I know I'm kinda cutting it close, unless we do something extremely casual and fast. Otherwise, I'm all for planning a more in-depth con.

terminallyprett

terminallyprett

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 6:06 PM

Wicked Wonder, a more in-depth con would be awesome, I would absolutely drive down to Indy for one.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2006 @ 2:14 PM

Okay, dare we try again for Indian food sometime in April/May/Early June?

Edited by Zumanity, Apr 1, 2006 @ 2:15 PM.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 12:05 AM

Let's see. April no good for the next three weeks. May and June wide open. I know we'll be right around the TAR finale in May if we wanna go that route, but Indian food... yum. I was hoping for a FairCon in August too if anyone's interested in that.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2006 @ 11:08 AM

Bumping to say, now that May, June, and July are passed, do we have interest in a StateFairCon this year? I'm still at the drugstore with the letters and can pick up discount tickets. A whole dollar off, whee! Or we can do an honest to goodness Con... somewhere else. I would suggest Rib Fest, but we really couldn't talk there, but we sure could get our fill of grilled corn! Grilled corn, uhhhmmmm.

It'sAllAboutTheGiants

It'sAllAboutTheGiants

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2006 @ 9:33 AM

Anybody up for a Kokomo TARcon next Sunday? I'll be there for work and would consider hosting in my hotel room (which I think will be a suite -- oooeee).

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2007 @ 11:18 PM

You realize it's been like 2 years since we met, IndyConners? Boo! I say we rectify the situation soonish. I'd do dim sum again, or we can actually do duckpin bowling this time. Any interest?

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2007 @ 5:17 AM

I know, it has been a long time! (I was still living in Carmel...) I would do the duckpin bowling or whatever kind of bowling it was that we met up to do in Fishers. My schedule is pretty flexible now.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2007 @ 11:16 AM

Mine is a lot more flexible than it used to be, so Pinheads on a weekend would work for me. I think Zumanity will be going back to school in late August, maybe? So we might want to think soon. hagreene80, are you and Mr Greene in Muncie still? And maybe we can get taxxgrrl and her kin to come too!

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2007 @ 4:54 PM

We moved to Carmel in 2005 for his job and then he got a new one in Anderson in December of last year, so we're in Anderson now. Like I said, I'm flexible especially the weekend of August 10-11 and September 7-8. I will be in Chicago the weekend of the 3rd for my Jeopardy! audition *cough, cough, brag*

Crystal

Crystal

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 30, 2007 @ 12:15 PM

I am on the northwest side of Indy. I would love to meet some TWoPers and hear about the Jeopardy audition!

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2007 @ 12:13 AM

And I just moved and became a westsider! I wanna hear too, so that would be so cool.

Greeneyedgal

Greeneyedgal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2007 @ 8:11 AM

Southside of Indy here. :)