Indianapolis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

368 replies to this topic

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:33 PM

Now that it's about 2 weeks away, and this time we really need to make actual reservations, we should figure out who's coming. Somebody checked and the new management is still serving dim sim, right?

So, I'm still planning on this. Who wants to make the reservations?

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:43 AM

I was planning on calling next Saturday (1/17) to make the reservations for Saturday, 1/24. The restaurant still serves dim sum, 11-3. Does 11:00 work for everybody? Here's who I have so far:
littlekat
RedLady
Vermicious Knid
WickedWonder
Zumanity
and myself and a guest.

If anyone else wants to come, just post here or email me, and I'll add you to the list. I'll keep checking the thread between now and next Saturday.

ETA: Reservations are under Summers at Shen Yang, 39th and Georgetown, for 7 TWoPpers on Saturday, January 24, at 11:00. See you there!

Edited by taxxgrrl, Jan 19, 2004 @ 8:57 AM.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 1:07 AM

Just to make sure, we're still on for Saturday right?

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 9:07 AM

Yep. After I made the reservations, I just edited my earlier post, but I'll post again here:

Reservations are under Summers at Shen Yang, 39th and Georgetown, for 7 TWoPpers on Saturday, January 24, at 11:00.

And I would advise bringing plenty of cash so it will be easier to split the bill, as placing individual dim sum orders defeats the purpose of dim sum. See ya.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 2:11 PM

I thought there were 5 or 6 more people coming?

Can anyone provide good directions from 65?

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2004 @ 11:48 PM

Okay! That was fun. Is anyone open to doing something in March? Perhaps involving Pizza?

Edited by Zumanity, Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:08 AM.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:38 AM

I'm free after March 20. I like Bazbeaux, Union Jack, Some Guys - who am I kidding, I like all pizza.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 9:18 AM

I'm out of town from March 27-April 1 (New York, here I come!) but other than that, I'm ready! Bazbeaux sounds good, and WB also.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 12:45 PM

Pizza sounds like a good idea.

I may or may not be out of town from March 14-20. It all depends how long I stay at home for Spring Break. I will most likely be back by the 17th though.

oceloty

oceloty

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

I thought there were 5 or 6 more people coming? -Vermicious Knid

There were. Sorry. Mea culpa, for not keeping with this thread.

I'd still love to meet you all! I'm good for the last couple of weeks of March, especially if it's at Bazbeaux. And if any Indy TWOP'ers want to get together to commiserate about/write postcards for poor cancelled Angel, please let me know.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 8:39 AM

Friday, March 26, 7:00-ish, Broad Ripple Bazbeaux? Does that work?

And I'm still crying the blues over the demise of ATS, especially so close on the heels of poor Cordy's death. I think a pity party is definitely in order.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 5:37 PM

Works for me!

Odyssea

Odyssea

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 10:00 PM

Can I come? I'll be in Indy. Where's Bazbeaux?
Oh, and hi, BTW. I'm a college student and I mostly hang out in the ANTM and Enterprise forums. An odd mix, I know.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2004 @ 3:43 PM

Bazbeaux is at 811 E. Westfield Avenue, on the south side of the canal in Broad Ripple. Not too hard to find if you're familiar with the area. If you're not, email me and I'll try to give directions, or we can arrange a group meeting place from which to walk/drive to Bazbeaux.

I'll post this on the calendar this weekend if it's okay with everyone.

ETA: Check out the calendar - there's another DimSumCon! Hee!

Edited by taxxgrrl, Feb 27, 2004 @ 3:45 PM.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 10:52 AM

Just checking the thread. Since I'm still here I guess I'm coming. What is Bazbeaux?

I know I saw a couple people in one of the pixel challenge thread mention they're around Indy but they don't seem to have dropped by to find out if there was a con.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 9:31 PM

I might be one of them, but I was commercial thread. I may or may not be able to go, I have to wait until closer to the time of a con to know.

Edited by hagreene80, Mar 2, 2004 @ 9:32 PM.

Zumanity

Zumanity

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 6:20 AM

taxxgrrl, are you going to get reservations or does Bazbeaux take them? Because my parents said that it would probably be packed on a friday night.

Edited by Zumanity, Mar 3, 2004 @ 6:20 AM.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 8:19 AM

First, I will check if they take reservations. If they do, then we can set an RSVP date like last time after which I'll make the reservations.

VK, Bazbeaux is really yummy pizza.

Hope to see some new faces this time!

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 12:21 PM

I'm actually leaving Friday night (the 26th). Don't change the date on account of me, though. When we have an RSVP deadline, I'll let you guys know definately yes or no.
Hopefully, if I'm finished with travel prep, I'll be able to make it though.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2004 @ 2:47 PM

I should be there. I might be late, however, because I have a class until 5:30pm on Fridays. And during rush hour, it takes forever to get out of Lafayette.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 8, 2004 @ 9:17 AM

Bazbeaux doesn't take reservations, but I think we'll be okay if some of us show up and put the group's name in by 6:15 or so - I volunteer to do this but would welcome any company. Then by the time littlekat the Vermicious Knid arrive from Lafayette, we should have a table.

If this is okay with everyone, I'll post it on the big calendar.

hagreene80

hagreene80

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2004 @ 11:45 AM

I should be able to go as well, but Mr. Greene doesn't get out of work until
7ish, so I will be fashionably late.

beenie

beenie

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 13, 2004 @ 10:51 AM

Oh, oh, me, me-- I am a new face. I read most of the reality show boards and lurk in the forums. Finally got around to checking this board at. I am up to meet you all--just have to organize with hubby. We are talking Broadripple Bazbeaux, right? No need to answer unless that is wrong. Hope to be there.

editrix

editrix

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2004 @ 8:40 AM

More new faces! I'm hoping to be there as well, along with Mr. editrix.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 9:19 PM

I don't know where my head is, but this is this Friday night, not Saturday isn't it.

Directions from 65 pretty please? The guy in my office who knew every street in Indy no longer works here so I can't hit him up for them.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2004 @ 1:06 AM

Does anyone from Lafayette feel like carpooling? That way the cost of gas can be shared a bit.

Can't wait to see you all again.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2004 @ 8:54 AM

I would take 65 to the 865 spur, which connects to 465 (north or east, I don't understand those directions). From 465, you'll take the Meridian street exit heading south. Follow Meridian down to Westfield Ave/62nd Street - it's the same street, but has different names in different places. Turn left/east, and take Westfield over to College, which is maybe half a mile. This is where Broad Ripple begins. Find parking wherever you can.

Bazbeaux is on the south side of the canal, just about half a block from College, so if you find the water, you'll be doing fine. I'll have my cell phone, so you can email me for the number just in case you need to call.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2004 @ 9:38 AM

I could probably pick you up Littlekat. I was going to come straight from work anyway and I'm already on the west side. Have to clean some crap out of the car first.

Since the boards were down and I'm now at work, I don't know if you emailed me at home. If you want me to pick you up just call the station and ask for Suzanne.

Edited by Vermicious Knid, Mar 26, 2004 @ 12:34 PM.

oceloty

oceloty

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2004 @ 1:49 PM

Aha! Finally made it into the forums. I think.

If it's not too late, I was planning to come too. I'll try to get there early, taxxgrrl, and maybe we can commiserate about Angel.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Edited by oceloty, Mar 26, 2004 @ 1:50 PM.

taxxgrrl

taxxgrrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2004 @ 1:51 PM

Sounds good, oceloty. I really need to release some Angel angst.