Julian Sark [a.k.a. David Anders]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5699 replies to this topic

pellenaka

pellenaka

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:25 PM

Oh, I loved that article especially since he said something specific. (22 ep. my ass...).
And, of course

the cold-hearted Brit Julian Sark (David Anders)

oh it's good to see it in writing.

Happy New Year when it reaches you. Here's to much more Sark in 2004.

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:49 PM

I finally contributed to the latest PC. Sark... and Lena! (Not in the same pic, sorry=P)

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:23 PM

Happy New Years! all you lovely Haremites! Hope your celebration will be/was classier than mine will be. Since I hail from the westcoast I am still trying to rest up for our annual festivities, which consist of the RLBF's cousins(who double as best buds)coming over - and a couple of my girlfriends for female support, bringing lots of booze. Then there will be snacks without any nutrional value and snarking to crappy tv and loads of really loud music. Let's hope this year nobody gets sick to their stomach before the ball drops. New Year's Day I will be falling out of bed around noon and make an immediate resolution to never consume alcohol again and to become a vegan. This resolution will probably be broken the same day.

Cheers to everybody and let's hope for plenty of Sarkie in 2004!

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:33 PM

Classier? Oh, no. I completely forgot it was New Year's Eve. I'm going to watch some MSCL and eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's froyo.
More OT - Dude, Mnemo. Howie Day? Looove. Kicking myself for not enjoying the experience last weekend. (Although RLBF and I are sticking by our observation that his hair looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket.)

Sark is hot. Happy New Year, chilruns.

Edited by aurora, Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:36 PM.

Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:18 PM

I'm glad to hear it about Howie Day, aurora. He is SO good, and his music is perfect for Alias and/or Sarkney.

Have you read Auburn's scenelettes for season 3

Yes I have, WynterWolf, and I like her take a great deal too. Let's hope JJ's ideas for Sark are as good as Auburn's.

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:17 PM

I'd like to thank the near-coma brought on by my flu-ey, feverish holiday week for allowing me the focus necessary to finish Alias S2 DVDs for the first time, download and watch the S3 eps to date, and then rewatch the entire series from the point of Sark's first appearance. And I've read this whole thread and the spec thread, whew!

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but...gosh, I know that being a redemptionista is very 1999, but does anyone else think that Sark could be...well, not *good*, but much like Jack, under long-term deep cover and doing what's necessary? Possibly for a black ops organization? I also think that Jack could be working for (or running) that organization, based on some weird coincidences and jarring behavior from them both. I have like, annotated transcripts and stuff, but don't want to retread ground that's been covered already, plus my head is swimming from being stuffed with all this new info and I'm still heavily medicated. Is this a common theory?

And I know this is a weird request but imagine that you're me, and you're newly obsessed with Alias conspiracy theories and how the beautiful boy fits into them and you know you're years behind everyone else and you don't want to look like an asshole in a new fandom but have no one to talk to! So keeping that in mind, would anyone be willing to listen to me rant my theories at them in email to save me from looking like a tool here? I just want to talk about it!!!, and my husband is going to divorce me if he hears the word "Sark" again. I'm dying, over here!

I also have to voice my fear of Lauren/Sark coupling. The S/V shippers have nothing to fear because okay, like Lauren and Vaughn are going to stay together? As if I've never watched TV before, please. Lauren's just a pebble in their road, but *shudder* she could actually be intended to have real significance for Sark, thus she is dangerous, because he could be saddled with her suckage long term.

ETA: Sorry, but I didn't realize it was a spoiler - I was just going off of my viewing and untagged complaints in the Dear JJ thread. But now that I know it's actually a spoiler I may have to go get really drunk, too. How absolutely horrifying.

Edited by ostentatious, Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:04 PM.

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:45 PM

Sure, you can e-mail me to your hearts content. Always happy to listen to Sark theories. About him being a deep cover white hat, that theory was shot out of the water by a dependable spoiler source, at least for the short term. Long term, who knows? But he sure has killed an awful lot of people in cold blood, so I don't think that's likely.

Oh, and I just notice this now in my hungover state, but you gotta put that last paragraph where you talk about a certain coupling under tags, that is a spoiler.

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:50 PM

*Covers ears* Not listening! I would like to think of that as speculation. It's not concrete! We don't know yet!

harlequinade

harlequinade

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:56 PM

David Anders must have sold his soul, he's so good

Note to self: In order to gain talent on a par or near with his, consider selling soul. Possibly meet devil by some sort of crossroads?

And Ost, I'm always willing to listen to theories, crazy or not. Makes me feel less like the person who stands outside Oxford Street station with a "the end is nigh" sign*, because then I know that other people think about these things too.

*Just to clarify, I don't know the person who does this, nor am I related to him in any way. Just saying.

Edited by harlequinade, Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:28 PM.

Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:37 PM

ostentatious, I'd love to hear your theories here or in email. As long as they're Sark-central, it's fine to post them here, I think. I think Sark has his own reasons for what he does, but I've never thought of him as being deep cover for anyone "good." I'm curious to hear your take.

pellenaka

pellenaka

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:20 PM

I took the liberty of making a Harem PC entry. The Sark Side was just too good to pass up.

Edited by pellenaka, Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:20 PM.

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

Hehee... yes, I saw that. What's so great about that PC is that there's so many titles with 'dark' in them out there... (btw, though, you're missing a 'u' in 'guaranteed')

btw, I have some speculation for Sark forming, but I have to check some facts and think on it some more to form my opinions, before I post.

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:00 PM

The RLBF has an interesting theory about Sarkums, now he is not as emotionally invested as th harem ( a slight understatement,ehem), but he may be a tad more objective. He bases his theory on the fact that, quote: that guy weasels out of everything. He thinks Sark made a deal with the FBI/CIA: he gets to see the sun again and in turn they have put him into the covenant as a mole/saboteur. The RLBF says for his theory to work Sark doesn't have to be turned into a good guy, just be an opportunist bent on survival and his freedom. He also thinks he made this deal with a specific person, the last person Sark had a scene with at th end of season 2. Think back who that was..

Anyway, if that came to pass I would never hear the end of the gloating.

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

I'm thinking the last time we saw Sark in S2 he was with Kendall. But since Baldy Bear hasn't been around, and Lindsey was the one who set up that scheme to keep Sark and the scientist when instead Sark got taken by the Covenant, who knows what's up and who's behind what's going on. But I love the theory.

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:28 PM

cyberducks, your RLBF's theory is much along the lines of what I was thinking. I think that Sark was previously informed of his inheritance and that Lazarey had been planning over two years in advance to leave it to him, and how the Covenant was going to end up taking it from him before he could get control... so if he cooperated with the Covenant now, someone from the 'good guys' (and I use the term loosely, because I think it's Kendall, given the latest spoilery promo pics, although I don't think he's 'bad'. I just think he's involved in something more independant from the usual 'good guys' we know) would help orchestrate getting that money back to him later. In exchange for that bit of help, Sark helps bring down the Covenant for the good guys. Goodness knows Sark doesn't like being a supplicant, or having any competition in the badassossity department.

The above would tie in to my previous theories that Lark, if it does happen (again: eeeeewww), in any form would be part of Sark's infiltration of the Covenant and whatever potential badness or shady deals that Lauren makes/tries to make. It would also tie into David's slip of the tongue (heh) that indicates Sark is going to do some 'good'... or however we interpret that.

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:35 PM

This spec is making me all 'eeee!' and I do hope that someone's paying attention. We all know that the Sarkster is in this for himself and himself alone, and putting his ass on the line to save it in the end seems like something he would do. And, as much of an Ew! Lark is, I think I could handle it in a situation like this. I might need some therapy, but I could handle it. Yay for new theories that actually get me excited about the show and its future again.

Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:02 PM

I'm all for some big cool revelation or whatever about Sark. But I guess I'm just tired of those "fool the audience" scenes, because I really think they're "we pulled this story out of our ass at the last minute" excuses. It gets a little irritating sometimes. So I just hope whatever they're planning for Sark is actually reasonable for his character and not at the expense of it.

First in 2004: Sark is HOT!

Edited by Mnemosyne, Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:02 PM.

nesara

nesara

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:06 PM

Lina, pellenaka, these PCs are just the best. I'd watch any of them!

If that article is anything to go by, the rest of the season should be somewhat Sark-centric, right? But then again, this is from the same guy who promised us that cutie will be in all 22 eps.

Edited to remove spoiler tags

Edited by nesara, Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:52 AM.

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:25 PM

nesara, I would think that that isn't a spoiler since, well, we're coming up on the middle of the season.

All we can do is cross our fingers and toes that they're not going to disappoint us. I still trust JJ and the other writers a lot, although I do think that's an insane idea lately, trusting VBR with the show.

The Other Daughter

The Other Daughter

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:11 AM

All we can do is cross our fingers and toes they're not gonna dissapoint us.

Hey, I'm willing to give it a shot-just when I'm about ready to give up on the show, every season, the writers do something that restores my faith again. Damn you JJ for driving me crazy like this! The only thing you can do to redeem yourself is give us a LOT of Sark! Shirtless!

nesara

nesara

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:53 AM

That's what I meant!

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:06 PM

Just because it occurred to me and there is prettiness involved:

Golden sun
Golden sun
Golden son

Hot as the sun, indeed. =)

Edited by ostentatious, Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:26 PM.

Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:40 PM

Hell yeah, ostentatious. Very cool, and very pretty. God I hope TPTB have something great lined up for Sark!

AmberSpyglass

AmberSpyglass

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:03 PM

[OT] God, I think I just ate everything in my fridge. Stupid pre-time of the month cravings. And I had so much in that fridge. Damn. [/OT]

Anyway, I agree. I really hope Sark gets some really, really good plotlines that in no way, at all, even a tiny, teeny, itty-bitty, minute, tinsy bit, involve Lark. *shudder*

Edited by AmberSpyglass, Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:10 PM.

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:04 PM

First of all, Sark can do no wrong, and anything he wants to do is okay by me merely by virtue of the fact that he wants to do it. Anything. For. The. Boy.

But anyway, like a month ago, Raffaella said:

I think the reason some people were shocked by Sark is that it's the first time (correct me if I'm wrong) we actually saw him torture someone. Usually, he shoots people, or desintegrates them from a distance, which is quite impersonal, or has them tortured without touching them himself.

Yeah, it's weird that this is the first time ever that he's tortured someone. He's never even ordered someone to be tortured before, you know? He's been adjacent to it, but not directly involved. Why is his dad different? Why did he want to be the one to torture his dad? It could be because he wanted to get revenge personally, but I think it could also be for the same reason Sydney insisted upon being the one that stabbed Vaughn - to get to be the one who controlled the degree of damage. I guess we'll see, if we ever get to see Laz again and see how to' up he looks. =)

I'm glad the wink was suspicious to other people, too. Seriously, he's been all grr grr Bristow will pay for killing my father and for those dreadful scars on your back, Frallison, and then he's gonna go and wink at Syd? Is he just being snarky, or is it a signal? That's like...that's really *forward* of him. I'm liking someone's theory from a few weeks back that the Covenant has planted a permanent bug on him, and that the occasional wink and surreptitious assistance given to Sydney via completely uncharacteristic lapses in his ability to do his work properly are the best he can manage.

aurora

aurora

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:12 PM

What I love about the theory that he has one of those little monitors in him like Sloane did, is that he could be doing these tiny little things to sabotage the Covenant, just like Syd did to SD-6. Another little parallel between them.

cyberducks

cyberducks

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:38 PM

Yeah, that Sark on a tracker theory was my brainchild, and I still think it's a possibility. No, I am not deluded at all. Sark's behaviour and actions have been all over the place all season long, it's been kinda erratic and Sark's not the erratic type at all. One minute he tries to off her and the next he winks at her, there is something else going on. Unless the writers really are on crack.

The RLBF is so proud of himself that some of the harem liked his little theory. If he gets any fuller of himself he will surely burst.

chaton_espion

chaton_espion

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:14 AM

*does her happy Harem dance* Eee! All of these theories flying around and that article linked back a while ago have me giddy and majorly anxious for new Alias. Not that I wasn't entirely giddy and anxious before anyway = ).

I'm looking forward to this new twist for Sark, but I'm a little apprehensive, as well. I'm all for bigger and better storylines for our boy, but I'll be hella pissed if the writers screw it up. I've still got faith in JJ, though. I remember reading an article where he said that the thing he loved about the fans was how observant we are; how we can pick up on little details and relate them to something else that happens x number of episodes later. That has me hoping that all of these little quirks we've been picking up on, from Sark spotting Syd in Mexico (because he DID, dammit) to The Wink, have been intentional. Please, oh please.

Ooo, ostentatious, I had forgotten about that first "golden sun". That's veeery interrresting... Damn you JJ and your complex riddle of a show. You shall drive me mad!

Also, thanks for the Sark pic. I love that one. He's so glowy and bewildered... and hot.

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 2:01 AM

I, for one, don't trust J.J. anymore. The man has his own agenda, and while not as warped as someone else involved in the show (*coughcough* *looks around and whistles innocently*), he still doesn't have a firm grasp on the mindset of the fans, or the importance of the fans to Alias' success. I think he secretly has another middle name, and that name is fucking 'FUBAR'.

I do, however, recognize that his decisions plotwise are huge and can swing either way. So here's praying that Sark falls into the good half of J.J. 'FUBAR' Abrams' well of creativity.

(Now, thanks to my insanity, I thought that maybe I'd combine my new and old nicknames for J.J.: 'FUBAR' and 'Barnum', the latter refering to the friggin' circus he's gotten us so addicted to, combine to become 'fubarnum', which can be in noun form, or if so desired, a verb. As is 'J.J. fubarnummed the Season 2 finale'.)

Edited by LinaBo, Jan 3, 2004 @ 2:03 AM.

cjgurl427

cjgurl427

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:37 AM

Sooooo...are you gonna help us out with what "FUBAR" stands for?