Shows No One Remembers but Me

• Please log in to reply

6846 replies to this topic

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Was Treasure Hunt the show where a woman fainted after winning big? I remember all the boxes on stage.

Yep. Here's a clip.

ETA top-of-page quote.

Edited by smittykins, Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:29 PM.

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Does anyone remember the show "Sledge Hammer"? I loved the show and just hated it when they took it off the air.

mnementh

mnementh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Sledge Hammer was my brother's favorite show when we were kids. I Netflixed it a couple years ago and thought it was still pretty entertaining. Ridiculous, but entertaining.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

I loved Sledge Hammer, it was one of my first favorite shows. I was just thinking about it the other day, actually.

robxr4ti

robxr4ti

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

For the Sledgehammer fans:

http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/

ceindreadh

ceindreadh

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

Treasure Hunt (in the UK anyway) had two people in the studio trying to solve clues and sending Anneka Rice in a helicopter around the country to pick up the next clue and (hopefully) find the final treasure.

Boxes on stage sounds like 'Deal or no Deal.

javalake

javalake

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

Does anyone remember the show "Sledge Hammer"?

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

Corporal Agarn

Corporal Agarn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

Sledgehammer!!! Please tell me there was an episode of that show that involved a vampire bat type thing. I thought it was that show...

Regardless, yes, I remember that show. I think my brother has the first season on DVD, so it's out there somewhere.

garnet207

garnet207

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

I actually own both seasons of Sledge Hammer on DVD, and ridiculous but entertaining is a good way of describing the show.

Does anyone else remember a show called "Johnny Bago"? It was on summer of 1993, if I recollect correctly, and was a mostly comedic show about a mobster who went on the run(in a Winnebago) and was being chased after by various goons, and an ex-wife.

Edited by garnet207, Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:11 PM.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Does anyone else remember a show called "Johnny Bago"?

Yes. I think it only lasted two episodes.

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Sledge Hammer! I watched because I loved David Rasche from Ryan's Hope, and I liked Sledge Hammer because of the Airplane!-style humor.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:57 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone remember watching an ep of Too Close For Comfort in which the gay guy (Monroe?) was raped by two women?

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone remember watching an ep of Too Close For Comfort in which the gay guy (Monroe?) was raped by two women?

Yes I do and it was in a van, I think.

Edited by ParadoxLost, Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:31 PM.

carolinagirl63

carolinagirl63

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

anyone remember watching an ep of Too Close For Comfort in which the gay guy (Monroe?) was raped by two women?

Yes. It was a comedy, and that was a topic it shouldn't have addressed. But shows in the 80s had to have special episodes.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

AV Club's March edition of A Very Special Episode.

Edited by AimingforYoko, Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:47 PM.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:09 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by Virginia Plain, Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:17 AM.

dirtydi

dirtydi

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

I loved Too Close for Comfort, but I don't remember that episode. Must have blocked it out of my mind.

Two obscure shows that I loved were To Have and To Hold (CBS) with Moira Kelly, Jason Beghe, and Jason Wiles and Leap Years(Showtime) with Garret Dillahunt and Bruno Campos.

Edited by dirtydi, Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:02 PM.

Penny Robinson

Penny Robinson

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

"Time of Your Life", the 1999 Jennifer Love Hewitt vehicle/Party of Five spin-off. I loved it, for some strange reason.

Dregel00X

Dregel00X

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 25, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

"Hull High" Some kind of comedy/dance show that took place in a highschool. A little bit like "Parker Lewis" and from about the same time. I loved it. Still have a few episodes recorded but wish I had the whole thing. I fell in love with Harold Pruett, who was absolutely gorgeous but sadly have passed away, but some of the other actors became bigger names.

Also, "Catwalk" with Neve Campbell about young adults trying to make it with their popband. Paul Popowich. Mmmm.

Edited by Dregel00X, May 25, 2012 @ 4:46 PM.

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I remember Leap Years. If I remember correctly, it involved stories from the characters past, present, and future, right?

Does anyone remember a show called Going To California about a couple of guys going on a road trip to follow a friend who was headed to California?

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 6:00 AM

Here was another show I loved, Best of the West

I saw a few episodes of that but don't remember much. Didn't that show last a couple of seasons? I'm surprised it didn't wind up on TVLand or something.

Two shows I remember from 20 years or so ago are Holmes and YoYo and Mr. T and Tina.
Holmes and YoYo starred John Schuck as YoYo. They were both in the FBI sort of like Get Smart but YoYo was actually a robot that was supposed to help Holmes. I remember the show being so bad it aired only 1 or 2 episodes. Mr. T and Tina starred Pat Morita of Karate Kid fame and Tina was an Asian pop singer. I only saw promos for it, but never actually saw it.

ceindreadh

ceindreadh

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Holmes and YoYo starred John Schuck as YoYo. They were both in the FBI sort of like Get Smart but YoYo was actually a robot that was supposed to help Holmes. I remember the show being so bad it aired only 1 or 2 episodes.

Oh I remember that show! Yoyo used to press his nose to take a photo and could read books in seconds. I loved it!

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

"The Powers That Be" with John Forsythe as an incompetent senator, Holland Taylor as his hysterical shrew of a wife, Valerie Maheferty as the ultra-spoiled/annoying daughter and David Hyde Piece as her constantly-suicidal husband. It was only on a season or two, but I thought it was so funny and loved the casting.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

That show was the reason I always cast Mahaffey as Maris Crane in my head.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

cosmom, thanks for bringing that show up. I loved it.

snowprince

snowprince

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 2:52 AM

Before Designing Women, Delta Burke and Dixie Carter teamed up as antagonistic inlaws (I think) in The Filthy Rich. A sort of a half hour sitcom treatment of a Tennesee Williams play meets night time soap opera. I'm thinking early 80's, anybody remember?

Edited by snowprince, May 31, 2012 @ 3:31 AM.

moose135

moose135

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Here you go, Snowprince. I vaguely remember it.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

"The Powers That Be" with John Forsythe as an incompetent senator,

I forgot that show existed, but the second I read this, the theme song came into my head.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

Filthy Rich was amazingly funny. I miss Dixie Carter. That woman had it all: sensitivity, a great voice, comice timing, and dramatic talent.

Edited by hoosier, Jun 1, 2012 @ 12:46 AM.

midwestmusician

midwestmusician

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Does anyone remember the nostalgia-themed summer replacement shows from the early 1970s, "Happy Days" (not the sitcom, but a variety show) and "It Was a Very Good Year"? You would have to be in your late 40s or older to remember them, since they were originally broadcast in 1970 and 1971, respectively, and were never shown after that, to the best of my knowledge.

Every week "Happy Days" opened with a man in white suit and top hat, supposedly in an attic, who said "I am the Thirties -- welcome to those happy days." Then he turned on a 30s-type radio, and the band started playing the show's theme. The show was a tribute to the 30s and 40s -- big band music, comedians like Laurel and Hardy, etc. Bob and Ray were regulars on the show, and some other performers of that era who were still living made guest appearances. At the end of the show a chorus would sing "Dream When You're Feeling Blue", and one of the hosts would say something about Happy Days being "a short walk down memory lane, and a few steps away from yesterday" (or something like that). The band would start up the theme again; then back to the attic, and the Man in White we saw at the beginning would turn off the radio, say good night until next week, and slowly walk out of the attic while a soft, melancholy version of the show's theme played.

"It Was a Very Good Year" was hosted by Mel Torme. Every week the show focused on a different year; Torme would talk about some of the big events and pop culture of that year, and sing songs from that era.

If anyone remembers either or both of these shows, and has something to add (or correct -- my memory may be a little off!), I would appreciate it very much.