The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

• Please log in to reply

9682 replies to this topic

amandy

amandy

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 1:53 AM

I didn't realize just how much I missed the sketches until they started doing Kraftwerk, which I'm loving.  Random stuff like that is what made me watch the show every night, especially since the "tone" of his monologues changed (to me they've changed, anyway).  

One thing that is beginning to irritate me is the additional commercial breaks they are throwing in after he speaks to the first guest.  I just watched the Bob Saget interview and the second half of the interview clocks in at 1 minute and 20 seconds.  I know it's not the show's fault, but it bugs me.  I shouldn't complain too much, though, considering it's only been in the past couple of months that the show itself started airing at 11:30.

Pajamas65

Pajamas65

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 12, 2014 @ 9:19 AM

@wallybear 

I miss the puppets too - especially Sid.  I can take Geoff in small doses but I think he overuses him.  I still like Secretariat.

bgrhu

bgrhu

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 19, 2014 @ 12:40 AM

The audiobook for Craig's novel, "Between the Bridge and the River" will finally be available February 18, 2014, via audible: http://www.audible.c...book/B00HXICT1U

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 6:08 AM

I didn't count all of them, but I'm pretty sure this episode with Denis Leary set a new mark for the most bleeped-out words. Tootsie-fruitsie!

Edited by AVorlon, Jan 21, 2014 @ 6:25 AM.

maryis

maryis

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 11:36 AM

Craig and Dennis were hysterical last night. I thought that they were going to run out of flags!

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 3:48 PM

Wishful thinking - it looked like the desk bell was gone, but returned last night. At least they had the new character on the 5th ding. Alfredo & the band have quickly endeared themselves to me. He's gotta be my favorite late night bandleader.

Can't understand Craig being sick for more than 3 weeks, even w/last week's pretaped shows.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2014 @ 6:56 AM

Isn't it about to be Larry Kings 81st birthday though? 

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:19 AM

If anybody hasn't seen the Wednesday episode yet, make sure you watch it all the way to the very end, when Craig says "I don't know what to do when things go well".

GaryE

GaryE

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 3:04 PM

Sarah Paulson seems....fun.

dbrits

dbrits

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 1:46 AM

Craig Ferguson's 'Late Late Show' Books Scottish Band for One-Week Residency

Roddy Hart and the Lonesome Fire impressed Ferguson with their Feb. 17 appearance, prompting the group to land a weeklong stay on the CBS late-night talker.

[...]

Glasgow rock band Roddy Hart and the Lonesome Fire will perform for the entire week starting Feb. 24 on CBS' 12:35 a.m. talker, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

I read this on Twitter and listened to the band's album on Spotify before I watched their performance.  (I have 20+ episodes of the LLS on my DVR.  I hardly have any TV time anymore.)  Good stuff all around.  I look forward to seeing them again...whenever I get around to watching their episodes.  Oh, and the interview with Gary Oldman was gold. 

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 12:43 PM

I hope this new band doesn't cause friction with Alfredo Sauce & the Shy Guys.

Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 6:02 PM

I thought it was interesting last night that Craig referred to his show as basically like a children's show for disturbed children (or something like that).  I was thinking recently how this show had become the closest thing to Pee Wee's Playhouse that I can remember seeing.  I also found an old interview where Craig said he aspired to be like that show.

Much of this is due to Josh Robert Thompson.  Hard to imagine the show without him at this point.  Makes me wonder how much CBS is paying him.

dbrits

dbrits

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 6:19 PM

I hope this new band doesn't cause friction with Alfredo Sauce & the Shy Guys.

I think they're too shy say anything about it.

maryis

maryis

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 6:28 PM

Josh and Craig have become a great team. And it's fun to see them both in the kraftwerk skits.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 6:20 AM

I like the idea of a band for next week. The reason why they don't have a permanent one is because it's not in the budget for this show, which leads me to wonder if this band is doing it almost for free, just to get more exposure.

GaryE

GaryE

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:30 PM

Nice looking show last night.

dbrits

dbrits

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2014 @ 11:58 PM

Really enjoyed Bojana Novakovic's appearance.  She was great and you could tell that she's actually seen the show.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:00 AM

I think this whole week has been great so far, and I like the new catch-phrase "Take that, Seth!"  The band has been great (the real one, not Alfredo Sauce and the Shy Guys), and I enjoyed Ashton Kutcher doing the limbo with the Craigettes holding the bar. I only wish that Craig had asked about Mila Kunis.. She used to be a regular on the show, but much like Kristen Bell,  has not been on for ages.

jakeduff13

jakeduff13

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 2, 2014 @ 1:54 PM

kristen bell's on again on the 13th march. eventually!!

Peace05

Peace05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2014 @ 3:28 PM

Krtisten Bell's coming on again brings up a good question about booking. Are permissions required to book certain guests, and if Craig (or any host) doesn't like them do they come on again?

I haven't seen Paula Abdu, or Kata Mara on the show since there last appearances.

maryis

maryis

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2014 @ 6:20 PM

Yes, the host does have the discretion to reject a return appearance for a variety of reasons. Any show's producers would want the viewing audience to enjoy, not cringe, during an interview. IIRC, someone asked Craig if there were any folks that he didn't invite back on the show and he replied 'oh yeah!'

I recall seeing Johnny Galecki on one time. It was such an uncomfortable interview. Craig tried mightily to get Johnny to loosen up but the more he tried, the worse it got. It was horrible. I haven't seen him back since. I am always amazed how Craig can make a difficult interview turn into a real fun segment. But with Galecki, it just went downhill.

markm

markm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 3, 2014 @ 7:33 AM

I have noticed several times recently that later in the show, Craig will ask whether a certain topic or joke was mentioned in that night's monologue.  Guessing that on nights when he films two shows, he does both monologues back-to-back before continuing with the rest of the shows.  This is different that what Letterman does - he films each show in it's entirety separately.

Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 2:01 AM

Glad Kristen Bell's coming back.  The idea that they had had some kind of falling out actually made me upset.

kaygeeret

kaygeeret

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 11:57 AM

I just heard that NBC is requiring that for celebrities to go on Jimmy Fallon they have to refuse to go one any other late night talk show.  Is that possible?  If they make an appearance on another late night show, they will be banned from any and all NBC talk shows.

Could this really be true?

RE uncomfortable interviews - some dame named Kristen Stewart(?).  She was monosyllabic, boring and could not have been less interested.  It is one of the few times I thought I could see actual sweat break out on Craig's brow as he tried to get something from her.

No idea who she is or why she is popular - if indeed she is popular.  She is young tho', so maybe that's it.

Edited by kaygeeret, Mar 6, 2014 @ 11:57 AM.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 12:23 PM

Oh, man, the Kristen Stewart interview. What a trainwreck. Every now and then, I look for it on youtube, just to revel in its awkwardness & lack of flow.

(that really wasn't a good idea to begin with, since KStew has never been a great interview to begin with, and is everything but a warm, talkative person)

(that said, I still regret, to this day, that Craig never had Jennifer Lawrence on, before she became the unattainable star she is today. Cos with Craig's style, and her open, frank, self-deprecating, don't-give-a-f***-about-my-image attitude, those two would probably have hit it off)

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 6, 2014 @ 3:33 PM

And yet, Keke Palmer was so much fun as always when she's on. She & Craig have a great thing going, whatever it is. She can be the new go-to if Kristen Bell falls through.

dbrits

dbrits

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 11:59 PM

Another show to add to the DVR (and not just because Craig is involved):

Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series ‘I F-ing Love Science’

Science Channel greenlit new series “I F-ing Love Science,” executive produced by CBS’ “Late Late Show” host Craig Ferguson.

Ferguson made the announcement via a videotaped message at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas on Saturday.

The series is inspired by the Facebook phenomenon, I F*cking Love Science, created by British biology student Elise Andrew, which boasts more than 10 million fans. The one-hour show will feature a mix of live-action, animation and re-creations that demonstrate the random manifestations of science that connects us.

The Wrap

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2014 @ 9:05 PM

I just heard that NBC is requiring that for celebrities to go on Jimmy Fallon they have to refuse to go one any other late night talk show.  Is that possible?  If they make an appearance on another late night show, they will be banned from any and all NBC talk shows.

I heard that too. I hope it's not true. If so it will be a repeat of the late night wars that Leno & Letterman had years ago that cause a big riff between them. The only good thing to come out of that was it pretty much killed Chevy Chase's late night show.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 12:55 PM

When was the last time Billy Connolly was on Craig's show? He was on The View the other week & talked about how his prostate cancer is no longer an issue, but he has early Parkinson's disease. I really would have preferred to get that news on Craig's show.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2014 @ 1:33 PM

He talked about it on Conan as well and given that it was tangentially related to his being on Conan that he was diagnosed early (he met a doctor in the lobby of the hotel that Conan put him up in who told him he thought he might have it and get it checked out)I imagine that is where he would have mentioned it rather than Craig if it hadn't been The View.