The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

• Please log in to reply

9676 replies to this topic

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

I also miss the puppets - less Beth,more Sid. I was really entertained by Secretariat's "new" dance moves last night. Was also surprised to learn that the new bigger studio only holds about 20 more audience members - I know it's camera trickery, but the views of the audience look pretty big.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2012 @ 5:52 AM

Re-runs for the next three days, just like every other late night talk show. THen, new episodes the week after, although it's unclear just how "new" they will be.

At least it's pretty certain that things will be new on Dec. 3, when the new band will be there., if only for one week.

I like the idea of rotating bands and not making anything permanent, but we'll see how it works out.

markm

markm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

I only caught part of the show last night and it looked like the hair stylist and make-up artist were dancing with Craig and Secretariat when they returned from a commercial. Was there any mention of "Beth" not being there or gone from the show?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

Was it a new episode? Dave's on vacation this week. I don't understand why they don't air reruns the same weeks, even if Craig records new shows because he wants different weeks off.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

I thought it was a rerun last night.

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 27, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

It was new, because he was topical in the monologue. He talked about the "kid" from 2 and a Half Men, and cyberMonday sales, giving the actual figures. And thank goodness, no Beth. Hopefully gone.

Edited by How56, Nov 27, 2012 @ 1:11 PM.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

Dang it, then that means my DVR didn't record. I checked it tonight, and I think the antenna has a weak signal because all I got was a black screen. I'll have to look online to catch up.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 5:49 AM

I can normally do without the audience members being interviewied in the first segment, but I did like the girl saying she was going to Australia to study astro-physics, prompting Craig to say he felt “sad, old, and stupid”. Heh.

I’ve been watching the credits to see if Beth is really gone, but so far this week they haven't run the credits at all.

Edited by AVorlon, Nov 28, 2012 @ 5:59 AM.

markm

markm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

I found Dana DeLorenzo's twitter account and she confirmed she is gone.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

I didn't mind her character Beth (after she stopped criticizing and complaining about cussing), but I guess they really didn't know what to do with her other than having her dance with Craig and Secretariat.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

I caught up with the episodes I missed. I liked the lighting of the tree, and Lewis Black pointing out that he's Jewish. Karen Gilliam was so cute and giggly, and she put on party hat over her face when Craig cracked the coconut. She's so likable and tall.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:56 AM

Heh, Iím not sure what being tall has to do with anything, but I do always like Kristen Davis on this show. Out of the women who were on Sex and the City, she was the only one I found attractive. Cynthia Nixon was a tall, skinny, red-headed lesbian, and I should pretty much just shut up about that now.

It seemed to me that this was a pre-taped show, since the little Christmas bush from the Wednesday show seemed to not be there yet.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

I was just struck by how tall she looked, because I thought she was more petite. I envy her bouncy red hair too.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Cynthia Nixon was a tall, skinny, red-headed lesbian

That's weird, because she was neither that tall (5'7") nor lesbian on the show. Also, out of the four women, she was the least skinny (but far from overweight).

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

Tom Hanks makes everything better.

EmperorJon

EmperorJon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

I liked the way Craig treated Tom Hanks as if he were just another member of the studio audience. And Hanks was very nonchalent the whole time.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 5:59 AM

Yes, I think its great that Hanks is such a good friend of this show. I also appreciate it when TIm Meadows shows up, and I hope he can come back to do some of the sketches they used to do. THey missed a good opportunity on Black Friday to do it again. "Craig, you racist bastard".

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Was that whole episode taped the date Hanks was there, or just the opening? Mayim Bialik recently announced she & her husband are divorcing, but I kind of feel like this interview was taped before the announcement.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

Well, Beth was still on the show, so I guess it was pre-taped.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 5:48 AM

I liked the new band tonight, and I thought it went over pretty well. I did notice from the schedule, though, that this will be going on all week, but next week there will be no band at all.

I liked his Johnny Carson imperssion, and he seemed to be a good sport. Much mosre usefull than Beth ever was.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

It was great that Craig sang the theme song live with the band. He seemed to get energized and harkened back to his punk rock days.

Rammchick

Rammchick

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

I have to say, I loved how much Craig was genuinely enjoying himself with Richie Sambora and the band. It really gave me a smile. I hope they book other bands to do similar gigs with him.

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

I loved all the Christmas decorations. The stockings at the fireplace said "Secretariat" , "Sandra" , "Geoffrey", and "Craig". Plus they changed the background for Secretariat's stable to a winter scene. I was impressed that they really went beyond the tiny Christmas tree that Craig lit before.

Edited by Cress, Dec 4, 2012 @ 1:39 PM.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

I was surprised to see all the classy and beautiful Christmas decorations. I miss the tacky little desk tree.

I don't know Richie Sambora. I had to google him. He's ok. I haven't become a fan because of his appearance so far.

I always like when Craig refers to Princess Kate as Kiki Wigglesworth.

dbrits

dbrits

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 2:40 AM

Monday's show was awesome. Craig's show is usually fun but having a house band absolutely jolted the show with energy. The results were fantastic. I loved the intro, especially when Craig jumped over the monitors to introduce the evening's guests. The energy just carried throughout the entire show. That being said, I wouldn't want Craig to get a permanent house band. Craig does have the (unfortunate?) propensity to get bored with things rather quickly and I fear that would be the case with a band. However, having various band do a week-long stint the show every so often would add a welcome bit of variety to the show.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 6:03 AM

I agree that the energy level is up, and I hope they can contunue this for the rest of the week.

It remnds me of when Craig himself had to appear on the show for a trial period when Craig Kilborn left.

Interesting that Geoff made a comment about Kevin Eubanks leaving the Tonight Show. and rolling into obscurity.

How56

How56

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

Secretariat always makes me smile. The snowy backdrop behind his "barn" was a stroke of genius. It did sound like at the beginning of last night's show where he was dancing, that Richie & the band were playing his original theme. It will probably be a letdown next week when the band's gone.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

OK. I'm over the band and Richie Sambora. That didn't take long. I don't think Sambora is funny, and Craig trying to pull him into the show with a catchphrase or that stupid guitar-hand-in-the-air-sexual-thing is already old and tiresome.

I'm also tired of Craig busting open coconuts. It was funny the first time, but enough already. All I can think about is someone on the staff having to clean his desk each time -- twice just on this night.

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 5:44 AM

Ahh, you give up on these things so soon! I really like the new vibe and energy that the show has now. I'll be sorry to see it go, but maybe they can bring in a new band in a few weeks.I'm finding Mr. Sambora to be a pretty good sport, and I think he fits in pretty well with the show's humor.

Oh yeah, the cocanuts. I like this too, as long as the show picks up the dry cleaning bills.

Bezique

Bezique

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

Surely there are more interesting things for the show to spend money on than dry-cleaning bills for coconut smashing. The bit has run it's course.

Other than coconut smashing, I'm really enjoying the show this week--the energy! the music!-- but I wonder if Shadow Stevens will be the loser here.