Welcome to Tribal Council: The Meet Market

• Please log in to reply

6107 replies to this topic

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

Fingers crossed. Our new play opens tonight.

Bray Kaleg.

"Karen, will you marry me?"

"*gasp* Marry you?"

"It's not all that crazy, is it?"

"No, I just... I don't know what to say!"

"Say yes!"

".... .... I'm in tech!"

Edited by MarkHB, Apr 9, 2014 @ 11:58 AM.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:04 AM

Thanks, Mark!!

Okay, so opening night is now in the books. What a wonderful audience!! There were a few dropped lines, but they were only noticed by people who know the show well. We managed to move along and, oh. It is such a thrill for an actor to sit backstage and hear the murmurs of an audience that is paying attention to what happens in the show!! Perfect night!

It is almost painful to remember that I only have three more nights to play with these incredibly talented people.

Hanged Man

Hanged Man

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:50 PM

Hey everyone, how are things?

Went to the hockey game last night; it was weird getting there ten minutes early and already being down 1-0, the first goal being scored 4 weeks ago...

And the Stars looked like crap.

I actually think the heaviest time period was during the strike hiatus, when the show wasn't even airing.

Or during the summer when the youthful adults would post 50 pages during the LNS while they were on summer break

I'm looking for a ninja.

Well you're not going to find him. Or her.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 2:51 PM

Well you're not going to find him. Or her.

Good thing I don't really need one anymore.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 7:54 AM

I was about to ask what the LNS was (after reading this thread yesterday) when I suddenly remembered the Late Night Shift!  (How many other forums had a Meet Market whose 15/15 took you over 15 pages on a regular basis?  We should be proud!)

I'm going to the Celtics tonight!

Hanged Man

Hanged Man

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 4:49 PM

Have fun! Good luck against Charlotte

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 4:58 PM

You got to see and do things that I never did in the year and a half that I lived in Atlanta.

Is there any place you haven't lived, keeptrying? And congrats on the play, BTW.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 7:03 PM

Here's an updated version of the piece I linked a few pages back. Updated to include Denise and Sarah, as well as Steve Wright from "Redemption Island."

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 11:49 PM

Have fun! Good luck against Charlotte

Thanks!  It was a great game (back-and-forth all the way) and the Celtics won, so a fine experience.  Plus, yours truly got a reply Tweet from the official @Amtrak account!  (We took the train to the game... saved me from having to drive 2 hours home after the game, plus it goes to North Station which also happens to be the ground floor of the TD Garden, so it can't be more convenient).

A week or so ago, I had what I believe to be my first ever Survivor-based dream.  In it, I was in some sort of challenge (reward or immunity I know not) where I was assembling a puzzle that looked like it was made of large, irregular pieces of bread.  The only other person in the challenge with me (a girl) appeared to be hopelessly lost (and in fact she may have eaten some of the bread from the puzzle), and I realized that I had left some of the pieces at home (not "back at camp," but "home"), and since I was way ahead I asked Jeff if I could go get them.  He said sure, and so I left.  As it turned out (and this didn't even occur to me until after I was awake), we weren't doing all this on a faraway island at all, but in fact in a TV studio in San Francisco!  So, I'm running around SF to wherever I was thinking "home" was (I've never lived there), and I go into a small corner store and buy a tuna-salad rollup!  Then I return to running around the streets, carrying the sandwich, when I realize that if I eat it, I'll be eliminated from the show!  (Shades of Kel and his "beef jerky"?)  So, IIRC, I left it where I thought a homeless person would find it, and (apparently giving up on going home to get the puzzle pieces) wenr back to the TV studio, which was a multi-floor maze of corridors and staircases in which I became horribly lost.  I finally found my way to the Survivor set, only to find that some other person (of the 10 or so who I didn't dream were in the challenge originally) had won.  Shortly after, I woke up.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 8:40 AM

Waffles in the steam tray.

Is there any place you haven't lived, keeptrying? And congrats on the play, BTW.

Thanks, Lantern. And there are actually lots of places that I haven't lived. Other than the NW, the SE and parts of the midwest, there's most of the US that I haven't lived in, let alone the rest of the world. :)

Mark, that's a strange dream.

*sigh* The show is over. It was a wonderful experience and probably the role of a lifetime for me. I managed to keep going until my final exit when the tears started. My stage husband gave me a nice hug as we walked to our place for the curtain call. When the other two cast members who entered from the same side got to us, I got even more hugs.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 9:24 AM

*Wheels in dining cart with Lobster Thermidor aux crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provençale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam. And a german chocolate cake, without the spam.*

Happy birthday, Mark.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:50 AM

Yay! Thanks, trying!  :)

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:00 PM

Oh, and lots of hugs!

You're welcome, Mark. Next year will be tricky....

Hanged Man

Hanged Man

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 3:08 PM

Happy Birthday Mark!!

I registered at Previously, though I have posted only under the Game of Thrones forum.

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 8:56 PM

* Eagerly receives hugs *

Next year is a year from now, and I have no need to think about it at this time!  :D

I've been posting in the Heroes, Haven, Gotham and Wonder Woman forums for the most part over there... those are the ones I hit most frequently here (Mafia excepted).

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 7:07 AM

I've got a fresh pot of coffee ready for anyone who would like some.

I registered at Previously, though I have posted only under the Game of Thrones forum.

I've been posting in the Heroes, Haven, Gotham and Wonder Woman forums for the most part over there... those are the ones I hit most frequently here (Mafia excepted).

I've registered, I just haven't started posting yet. I'm having enough trouble adjusting to the fact that I'm moving in just over a week.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 2:18 AM

I've registered, I just haven't started posting yet.

Same here. I'm sticking around here until the bitter end first. Or at least until I can read the Cagayan spoilers thread, a tradition once the season ends.

keeptrying

keeptrying

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2014 @ 1:49 PM

It's probably too late to change my mind about moving. Isn't it.