Family Feud

• Please log in to reply

321 replies to this topic

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 1:31 PM

You are probably right, but I'll never forget the blonde contestant flaunting her boobs in front of Steve Harvey...I found it laughable. I was like....."For real? Is that going get you $20,000?"

You have the intelligence on some of these people.

Edited by RL1, Oct 22, 2011 @ 1:35 PM.

pandora spock

pandora spock

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 1:45 PM

I'm far from a prude but I noticed that the new season's questions are more risque and the show veers in Newlywed Game territory. But then Maury and Jerry Springer have far worse content, so who am I to complain?

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 1:51 PM

Though some of those questions are pretty much the same. Just worded differently, that is.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 5:09 PM

(Blushes)....Thing is, I said the same answer out loud. Naturally I had to clean it up to my mother, don't need for her to know that her daughter's a slut, lol! I love watching a full hour of the show w/my mom everyday. Steve Harvey's facial expressions and comebacks are hilarious.

My fave hosts:

Richard Dawson
Steve Harvey
Richard Karn (helps that I have the screaming thigh sweats for him and his sexy self!)

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2011 @ 5:26 PM

(Blushes)....Thing is, I said the same answer out loud.

But would you say it on broadcast television?

Frankly, when he read the question, that was the only thing that came (ahem) to mind, but I wouldn't ever say it in on TV.

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 5:20 PM

Saw it today..amd the one question that Steve asked in the final round was "Name a word or phrase you don't want to say in front of a dog"..

My answer would have been either "Bath"..or "vet"...

This guy's answer was "put to sleep"..I howled for about five minutes.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I haven't seen this for a long time. I watched today and the last question in the first part of the fast money round was "when people say they've got to go, where are they going?" The contestant said "to the store." And though time was up, and he'd given an answer, Steve asked the question again and this time he said "To the bathroom" (which was a high-point answer). Do they do that a lot, allow do-overs even when an answer has been given? (I'm fine with allowing time after the time has stopped; I've never liked that a slowly asked question could cause the contestant to run out of time).

Thanks.

Meushell

Meushell

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

Mystery, I wondered about that too. Haven't seen it before. Started watching the show fairly recently though, so I'm not the best to answer.

snaggle

snaggle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Reruns of Steve Harvey's Family Feud will begin airing on GSN next week.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

When the question was "Name someting you don't want to discover a hole in" I though for sure someone would say 'condom'. Good answer!!

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

What's with all the damned reruns?! I know Steve has a lot on his plate but damn....if you can't handle FF duties then quit.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

When the question was "Name someting you don't want to discover a hole in" I though for sure someone would say 'condom'. Good answer!!

HAHA! So did I.

I haven't watched FF in many years, but I'm really enjoying it. Steve Harvey is really a great host for this show. My favorite is "Fast Money" (last 5/10 minutes).

ETA: Steve is a big guy, (6’ 2” and beefy, not fat) and he always looks great in his suits. FF stylists/tailors do a wonderful job.

Edited by isotonerz, May 18, 2012 @ 10:47 AM.

katnapped

katnapped

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

According to his son, Richard Dawson passed away last night from complications due to esophageal cancer.

smittykins

smittykins

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

I just read this. RIP, Richard. :(

Halfpint Ingals

Halfpint Ingals

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

Sad to hear of the death of Richard Dawson. I saw that Ray Combs also died on a June 2nd in 1996.
I had to look up classic moments on you tube, like September and Alligator. RIP Richard Dawson.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

I also spent most of the morning looking at old Family Feud clips with Richard. I had a crush on him when I was a little girl and used to watch Family Feud during its original run with him as host. He was such a charming guy and quite handsome. I love to watch him on Match Game reruns too. So sad to hear this news.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

RIP Richard. I went through a Classic FF/MG phase about 13 years ago when I first had access to GSN. I developed such a crush on him too. He was nothing like the boring, stale, cheesy game show hosts of my generation. He was so charismatic and old-school good-looking. They definitely don't make 'em like him anymore. An end of an era.

shlbycindyk

shlbycindyk

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

I was also surprised to hear that Richard Dawson had passed away. He was definitely a game show legend. I'll miss him.

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

September

Oh my God... that will NEVER stop being funny! So sorry to hear of his passing; I was mostly a fan of his work on "Hogan's Heroes" but I sometimes watched one of the game shows just because he was on it.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

While I loved John O'Hurley and love Steve Harvey, to me Richard Dawson was sui generis as host of the Feud. Over on another thread I noted that he had met his second wife when she was a contestant (wonder what her family thought of that...) and they evidently had an enduring marriage.

Yet with all that in mind... his heartiness and warmth, his zest and affection for the contestants... the only thing I can think of to say that's at all meaningful is...

"Antipaaaasto!"

MommaLode

MommaLode

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

I tuned into this show yesterday...first time in ages.

WTF?!?!?!? I can't understand a word that host is saying? Between the bad English and poor enunciation, it's almost unintelligible. THIS is what makes a game show host these days?

Fatkat

Fatkat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I don't mind Steve Harvey as the host since he comes out with some pretty funny lines about the contestants' answers. What I don't like are the blatantly sexual double entendres of the questions. It's like fraternity guys are writing the questions. Also, the judges are ridiculously lenient in what they accept.

Gata

Gata

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

I don't mind Steve Harvey as the host since he comes out with some pretty funny lines about the contestants' answers. What I don't like are the blatantly sexual double entendres of the questions. It's like fraternity guys are writing the questions. Also, the judges are ridiculously lenient in what they accept.

I couldn't agree with this comment more. Some of the things that are passed as "answers" have me baffled as well as they do Steve.

I find that Steve Harvey has brought a freshness to the show, this is the 21st century after all, and not everything is like Leave It To Beaver.

BrandofAmber

BrandofAmber

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

I also like Steve Harvey he seems to take an honest interest in the contestants unlike everyone coming after Richard Dawson(I'm looking at you Louie and Richard Karn) and I agree the judges are crap.(Name a country...Africa...close enough DING!)

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Jul 28, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

Now that I watch religiously, I find that Richard Karn as host was corny....and I have the screaming thigh sweats for that man!

Outside of the late, great Richard Dawson, I can't see anyone else but Steve Harvey as host.

Gata

Gata

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

I used to like John O'Hurley, and Richard Karns, but I didn't really like Ray Combs to much, he was really bitchy in my opinion.

Steve is my favorite outside of Richard Dawson, and at first I wouldn't even watch his version, now I record it so I can watch it in the evenings. I also watch the episodes on GSN.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

I didn't really like Ray Combs to much, he was really bitchy in my opinion.

Co-sign! IMO he was trying too hard to be snarky, sometimes at the expense of the families. I was not sad to read of his ousting however it was a shame how his life ended.

SunShine Gal

SunShine Gal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

I liked Richard Karn, but the problem I had with him is at the end he wouldn't tell all the top answers to fast money. Viewers play at home. Richard Karn forgetting that info ruined that for me.

Yes, the judges are lenient about some of the answers they accept from contestants. AND, what about the answers to the surveys? Some of those answers look like the people taking the survey were trying to screw over the questions on purpose. Some don't make any sense, but it's on the board. The judges should throw out some of those answers knowing that there's going to be a percentage of people looking to muck it up.

vixenstud

vixenstud

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Only thing I don't like about the new season is the seemingly 3D 'X' whenever there is a wrong answer....first time it happened it scared the shit outta me.

Melancholiac

Melancholiac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 5:50 AM

I've started watching FF after a long hiatus. Does anyone know why Steve or the producers never mention the name of the car families receive if they win five games? The camera always pans to the car, but I can't tell what make or model it is. Since I've resumed watching the show, I've seen at least three families win the car, but even then, no mention is ever made of what make or model it is.