TV Moments That Make You Say Hell Yeah!

• Please log in to reply

2018 replies to this topic

MittenGirl

MittenGirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

Here in Michigan we got some heavy winds and waves today from Sandy. Down in South Haven the waves in Lake Michigan were about 20 feet high. So of course one of our local TV weather guys goes down to film the waves and talk to people and gives the standard, and oft ignored, advice to stay off the piers and breakwaters. As he is saying that, you can some people way down by the lighthouse, probably at least 100 feet out from shore and they have a leashed dog with them. Because the waves are blowing across the pier, these idiots are now stuck out there. The weather guy said that they were stupid and to take that poor dog out there was "disgusting". It made cheer when he said that. If those idiots wanted to jeopardize there own lives, fine. But leave the dog out of your stupidity.
They did all make it safely back to shore and hopefully the concerned onlookers gave them hell.

Edited by MittenGirl, Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:45 AM.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

The season finale of Boardwalk Empire.

Richard Harrow vs. 9 or 10 of Gyp's men.

Winner: Richard Harrow.

And that has some tough competition, with Nucky outmaneuvering Rothstien coming a close second. Either way, it took a bit, but the show got real awesome at the end of this season.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Richard Harrow is made of "Hell, Yeah!" IMHO. Is it wrong that I kind of love him?

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Richard Harrow vs. 9 or 10 of Gyp's men.

Someone on The AV Club counted, it was 14.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 7:10 AM

Richard is the ultimate BAMF.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 11:25 PM

Trudy Campbell. Finally have enough of Pete's shit. Hell Yeah! Allison Brie rules.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen revealing that she spoke Valaryan, ordering the dragon she just traded to kill the slavemaster, ordering the slave army she just bought to kill their masters, then freeing them and inviting them to fight for her as free men was the biggest Hell Yeah! I've probably ever yelled at my TV.

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:20 AM

On the series finale of Law & Order: Original Recipe (titled "Rubber Room"), the detectives are looking for an anonymous blogger calling himself “Moot” who has plans to blow up a school.  When the evidence leads not to a student, but to a teacher with a grudge, the detectives try to question a teacher who knew the blogger but her union lawyer prevents her from divulging his name.

In the hallway, Jack McCoy approaches the teacher and again asks for her help.  Her lawyer again says that she won’t tell them his name.  At that point, McCoy snaps: “Just how far up your ass is your head?” McCoy then argues with Kralick, the lawyer, about some of the problems that teachers face today (including disruptive students), and while McCoy acknowledges these issues, he then delivers one of the best speeches in the show’s 20-year history: “…but if your obstruction allows a massacre to happen, I will crucify you, Mr. Kralick.  I will charge you with negligent homicide and, after I convict you, I will resign my job and represent the families of the victims in a wrongful death suit against you and the [teacher’s] union.  By the time I’m done, you will be finished, so my advice to you is get out of my way!

Oh hell yeah. 

Edited by BarbLLM, Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:20 AM.

fastiller

fastiller

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

BarbLLM, did you watch this one when it aired on TNT on Saturday? Mr.fastiller & I DVR'd it and watched it last night and we also had a "Hell Yeah!" moment there. It was also great how McCoy then turns around to the teacher and is all sweetness and light when he asks for her help.

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 6:17 PM

I think I saw it on Saturday.  TNT reruns the show all the time, so it might have been during the week.  

One of my other favorite McCoy Moments (TM by me) is when an adolescent boy is being charged with raping a girl for points (this has probably been mentioned upthread).  McCoy leans over and softly asks him, "How many points do you think you'll be worth in prison, son?"

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 7:50 PM

On the series finale of Law & Order: Original Recipe (titled "Rubber Room"), the detectives are looking for an anonymous blogger calling himself “Moot” who has plans to blow up a school. When the evidence leads not to a student, but to a teacher with a grudge, the detectives try to question a teacher who knew the blogger but her union lawyer prevents her from divulging his name.

In the hallway, Jack McCoy approaches the teacher and again asks for her help. Her lawyer again says that she won’t tell them his name. At that point, McCoy snaps: “Just how far up your ass is your head?” McCoy then argues with Kralick, the lawyer, about some of the problems that teachers face today (including disruptive students), and while McCoy acknowledges these issues, he then delivers one of the best speeches in the show’s 20-year history: “…but if your obstruction allows a massacre to happen, I will crucify you, Mr. Kralick. I will charge you with negligent homicide and, after I convict you, I will resign my job and represent the families of the victims in a wrongful death suit against you and the [teacher’s] union. By the time I’m done, you will be finished, so my advice to you is get out of my way!

Oh hell yeah.

I saw this one on Saturday...definitely the best part of the episode for me

One of my other favorite McCoy Moments (TM by me) is when an adolescent boy is being charged with raping a girl for points (this has probably been mentioned upthread). McCoy leans over and softly asks him, "How many points do you think you'll be worth in prison, son?"

Awesome...I don't think I saw that ep

I'm Ben Stone's bitch, but I do love me some Jack McCoy

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 9:28 PM

I've been Netflixing "Firefly" recently and just watched the episode "Safe."  River Tam (played by Summer Glau) is to be killed by a fundamentaist-type group  of colonists because she can read minds and they believe she's a witch.  Her brother, Simon, climbs to the altar where she's tied up and says, "Light it."

Then the Serenity appears directly above them, the hatch opens, and Jayne aims a large rifle at the stunned colonists. Mal and Zoe walk into town.

"We've arrived just in the nick of time.  What's that make us?"

"Big damn heroes, sir!"

"Ain't we just?"

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:41 PM

So, I've also been Netflixing the BBC series "Copper" (being unemployed does have its benefits), and came across this interchange on the season 1 finale [S1, E10 (“ Vast and Fiendish Plot”)]

Morehouse’s father is trying to explain why he is involved in a terrorist plot against New York City.  During the course of the conversation, he states, “There are times when a man must make difficult decisions.”

Corcoran enters, pulls a gun on him, and frees Morehouse.  Morehouse glibly states, “Feel free to shoot him in the head if he refuses to talk.”

“You’d see your own father killed?”  Morehouse states quietly.

To which Morehouse replies, deadpan, “There are times when a man must make difficult decisions.”

Later, when visiting his father in prison, Morehouse explains that he’s pulled strings to make sure his father is not hung for treason.  His father thanks him.  Then, Morehouse explains that in lieu of hanging, his father will be given enough capital to start a business…in Atlanta, which is slowly being rebuilt after being burned to ashes by General Sherman.  “Relish this chance, father.  You and I will not see one another again.  Which, as far as I am concerned, is not long enough.”

I love this show so, so much.

Amtosbm

Amtosbm

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:40 PM

Richard Harrow is made of "Hell, Yeah!" IMHO. Is it wrong that I kind of love him?

I contradict myself with him because I hate mob characters, but somehow I give him a pass. I guess its the face mask and Huston's amazing acting job. I haven't been able to comment in the show thread because I usually see it weeks later but his character is the main reason I still watch after Jimmy died. I loved him gunning down all those guys. He is too good for Gillian.

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 11:21 AM

Now I'm Netflixing the first season of SyFy's "Warehouse 13" and found this exchange.  Artie (played by Saul Rubinek) is being interrogated by the Regents, a mysterious group of people who oversee him as well as the warehouse and its artifacts.  Artie is convinced that going after traitorous agent MacPherson is a good idea, but the Regents aren't convinced.  Finally, disgusted by the Regents, Artie stands up and states, "Fine.  Fire me, or kill me.  But let me do my job!"

You go, Artie. 

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

And another from the 4th season of Warehouse 13 ("Fractures"): Alice Liddell, a psychopath, has escaped from the Dark Vault and is randomly possessing people in order to get to Artie and kill him.  At one point, she is cornered by the WH team in a hotel room after possessing Claudia.  Jinks stands in front of her, mirror shard in hand (the mirror is her prison) and ray gun in the other, and says:

"Get out of my friend, you bitch."  And he says this with such utter coldness.  

It ranks up there with Ripley's "Get away from her, you bitch!" from the movie Aliens.  

BarbLLM

BarbLLM

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

And yet another from the awesome 3rd season of the show ("Stand").  Agent Steve Jinks has been killed by Walter Sykes, who's intent on destroying the warehouse.  Claudia is nearly insane with grief.  As the showdown between Sykes and the WH team leads back to the warehouse, Claudia realizes that Sykes' henchman Marcus is being kept alive by an artifact, since Pete had actually thrown Marcus off a 5th-floor balcony previously.  Claudia finds the artifact (a metronome) and uses it to kill Marcus.

Then she leans over Marcus's body and says without emotion, "That was for Steve."

Usually, the episodes are fairly light hearted in tone, but this season finale had some seriously good dramatic moments, and Allison Scagliotti is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV actresses with her portrayal of Claudia. 

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 2:25 PM

Ben Stone saying to Olivet's rapist:  In a perfect world, I'd lock you in with your victims for a week.  But I'll settle for you serving the rest of your life in prison.

(After Stone and Robinette revealed that 50 or so women had come forward with allegations against him.  Interestingly, Danielle Melnick was his attorney.  Maybe this is what started her turn to crusader?)

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

From Degrassi:

Lucas telling his father to stay away from his daughter Isabella after he finds out that his dad abused Jane (Probably one of the few good things Lucas has done, IMO.  You know you're a jerk when your sister changes her name because she doesn't want it to be known that she is related to you.).

BTW, does anyone else think Lucas looks like...Matt Hardy.  Seriously, he looks like a young Matt Hardy (circa Attitude era). 

Edited by Unknown, Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:37 AM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2013 @ 9:32 AM

I'm now watching The Borgias on DVD, and just got to Rome's cannons. Meaning fake plaster cannons, because they didn't have any resources to build the real things in time. But Cesare is so convincing as he threatens the French army with them that they retreat. The man was a Magnificent Bastard in every sense of the word.

Snippie2

Snippie2

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 7, 2013 @ 2:29 AM

A subtle hell yeah moment for me was in Justified, final episode, season 1. Arlo tried to set up his son Raylan, to the mob guys in Miami. Raylan figured it out in 5 seconds flat, and asked his dad what the next part of the plan was. Arlo says he was to shoot Raylan in the leg to keep him from being able to run away. And Raylan, without so much as blinking, shoots Arlo in the arm. No remorse, no apologies. Just shoots him and let him scream, so the guys outside would think Arlo shot him in the leg.

In the context of the show, and what we were able to ascertain about the Arlo/Raylan relationship at the time, I was only surprised Raylan didn't go for the kill shot! But still it was a heck of a hell yeah! Moment for me!

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 1, 2013 @ 6:15 PM

How about this moment from Magnum PI:

"Did you see the sunrise this morning?"

Then, after Ivan (the bad guy who had made the lives of Magnum and his friends hell) answers yes and asks why, Magnum, the hero of a detective series in 1982, when heroes didn't do morally questionable things, turns around with his eyes looking wrong, raises his gun, and fires, killing Ivan.

It's also an HY moment for the executive producer, Donald Bellasrio.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 11:11 AM

Last night two shows had great "Hell Yeah" moments:

Jesse strangling Todd on Breaking Bad

Tamara and Owen getting killed off in Once Upon A Time.  I loved how Rumple healed Tamara just to kill her himself.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

I don't care how wrong it makes me: seeing Jesse squeeze the life out of that evil sociopath, Todd, was one of the most satisfying things on television.

Only thing to make that scene any better was Walt killing Jack mid-sentence, just like what Jack did to Hank.  Really, a fitting end for both Todd and Jack.

So, thanks, Breaking Bad, for making me embrace the violence!

Wiendish Fitch

Wiendish Fitch

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 30, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

I don't care how wrong it makes me: seeing Jesse squeeze the life out of that evil sociopath, Todd, was one of the most satisfying things on television.

Only thing to make that scene any better was Walt killing Jack mid-sentence, just like what Jack did to Hank.  Really, a fitting end for both Todd and Jack.

So, thanks, Breaking Bad, for making me embrace the violence!

Adding to the Breaking Bad finale, I was thrilled to see Lydia get hers in the most satisfying, poetic way possible. Lord, but I hated that uptight, evil, not even very smart shrew, and I'm glad she's gone. I hate Walt, but, for the first time ever, he got a "hell yeah!" from me.

tennisgurl

tennisgurl

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:59 AM

Oh, if cheering as Lydia realized she had been poisoned, or as Jessie strangled Todd is wrong, damn it I don't want to be right! Way to go Breaking Bad. You made us all see that sometimes violence, is in fact, the answer

Dawnydiesel92

Dawnydiesel92

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 2, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

My boys and I yelled out our "hell yeah" when Nick Fury aka Samuel L Jackson showed up at the very end of SHIELD last night.  "Talk to me about authority" and Coulson calling "Yeah, we're gonna have to kill the fish tank."

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 10:58 AM

Add me to the list of people cheering when Jesse choked the life out of Todd. That character was so vile and I'm glad Jesse was the one to do it. Like Aaron Paul said Jesse earned it. 

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Dec 1, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

When Regina pulled Henry's heart out of Peter Pan's chest, grabbed the box with Rumplestiltskin in it, and said, "Now, let's go save Henry."

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2013 @ 3:12 PM

The Walking Dead: Michonne impaling The Governor with her sword and leaving him to bleed to death on the ground.  That last part was kind of ruined by Lily making quick work of him by shooting him through the head, but hey, as long as he's dead...