TV Moments That Make You Say Hell Yeah!

• Please log in to reply

2013 replies to this topic

emace

emace

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:47 AM

ER on Anthony Edwards' last day on the job.

Annoying hypochondriac: "Dr., I have a hangnail."
Edwards: "Well, I have a brain tumor. I win. Goodbye."

snorf

snorf

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:07 PM

A few people up thread have mentioned Two Cathedrals and Let Bartlet be Bartlet for West Wing HY! moments, but I've always liked the scene at the end of the third act in Take out the Trash Day.
Actually, that episode is full of HY moments, but I'm talking about the speech Mr. Lydell gives C.J and Mandy when CJ (who I want to be when I grow up and who was totally given the wrong information by stupid dumb ass Mandy) asks him if he wasn't supporting the Hate Crimes Bill 'cause he was embarrassed that his son was gay then wants to know if they support the President;

Mr. Lydell:

No, that was really the last... No, we do not. The hate crimes bill is fine. Who gives a damn? It's fine. I don't care. If you ask me, we shouldn't be making laws against what's in a person's head but who gives a damn? I don't understand how this President, who I voted for, I don't understand how he can take such a completely weak-ass position on gay rights....Gays in the military, same-sex marriage, gay adoption, boards of education - where the hell is he? I want to know what qualities necessary to being a parent this President feels my son lacked? I want to know from this President, who has served not one day in uniform - I had two tours in Vietnam. I want to know what qualities necessary to being a soldier this President feels my son lacked? Lady, I'm not embarrassed my son was gay. My government is.

And then Allison Janney delivers one of the best "Oh Shit!" faces in the history of television.

Keely1116

Keely1116

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:35 PM

Just watched BtVS's "This Year's Girl". The very end, when Joyce asks Faith-in-Buffy if she's all right, and F-i-B answers "...Five by five." Damn, I love Faith.

In AtS, I love the end of "The Trial". Darla makes her peace with dying, Angel pledges to stay by her side... and then the commandos and Lindsey barge in, incapacitate Angel, and revamp Darla by bringing in Dru. Maybe not a "hell yeah" moment by most people's standards, but I love it. What is it about seeing title characters suffer with me?

arachne

arachne

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:51 PM

The death of Luther Mahoney on Homicide: LOTS:
Mahoney (after lowering his gun): What are you gonna do, detective? Read me my rights?
Kellerman: You have the right to remain silent. (BANG!)

A definite "Hell, yeah!" moment, even though it was the beginning of the end for Mikey.

Another one from Oz:
Sister Pete: Do you believe in Jesus, Cyril?
Cyril: That's a silly question. It's not up to me, believing or not believing. We don't
choose God, God chooses us.

Hell, yeah, you just know Sister Pete will tear up her Church release papers after that.

pandabi

pandabi

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:54 PM

and then the commandos and Lindsey barge in, incapacitate Angel...What is it about seeing title characters suffer with me?

Okay, I just confused "incapacitate" and "decapitate". Now that would have really made him suffer. And also die. Probably why it didn't happen and I had to re-read the sentence. Carry on!

kwerkee

kwerkee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

Lana being trampled by a horse in Shattered

Loudest 'HELL YEAH!!!' on my block. It had taken 3 long years, baby but it was worth the wait. Too bad Stompy didn't finish his job.

jo richmond

jo richmond

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:20 AM

I just saw the ER ep where Elizabeth figures out that Mark's tumor has come back. The exchange between her and Romano totally rocked! Although Romano was usually an annoying little prick, this particular scene really showed what an awesome actor that Paul McCrane is.

Bygones

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:04 AM

Not sure if this is appropriate forum, but big props to the folks at TCM for the superb clip montage promo for January 2004 cinema events. It's just as fine as any of the montage moments made for the Oscar® events. Kudos!

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 4:30 AM

Decormaven, did you say "Hell Yeah!" when you saw it? Then this is an appropriate forum.

Topic: Celebrity Poker Showdown. When Lady Luck smiled on Nicole Sullivan and filled her gut-shot straight with a King on the river to beat Paul Rudd's trip sixes.

OMGItsKane

OMGItsKane

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

Whenever Stone Cold Steve Austin tells me to.

Qoheleth

Qoheleth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:43 PM

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise!"
(Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Yesterday's Enterprise")

"You cannot stop one who's been touched by Vorlons."
"You're not the only one who's been touched by Vorlons."
(Babylon 5, "Wheel of Fire")

Sue Hawk's "Rat and Snake" speech in the Survivor 1 finale.

Edited to link to the full text of the Rat and Snake speech, which Omar G transcribed in its entirety for his recap.

Edited by Qoheleth, Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:12 PM.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:00 PM

When my mom forced me to watch Meredith Viera's crappy Who Wants to be a Millionaire? today, I was reminded of the first time anyone won on that show (the original primetime one, with Regis).

I loved the way the guy didn't use any of his life lines until the last question. And only then, he called his dad to say something along the lines of, "I don't need any help Dad...I'm just calling to let you know that I'm about to be a millionaire." Cheesy, I know, but the guy played it so cool :)

steering fish

steering fish

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 7:26 PM

"I don't need any help Dad...I'm just calling to let you know that I'm about to be a millionaire."

That was AWESOME.

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 11:24 AM

There are so many HY! moments I could include, but these are my favourites:

Total word to the Rachel smackdown on This Life - she so had it coming to her. I loved the ‘It wasn't me...’ Bam!

Angel:

In the episode ‘Orpheus’, when Faith gets out of the Orpheus coma, realises Connor's gone to stake Angel, rushes down to the basement, grabs his wrist and ‘Break off a switch son, there's gonna be a whuppin'...’, and then proceeds to wipe that smirk off his face with an ass kicking. Hell yeah! I think Vincent Karthesier is a great actor and Connor was a good addition to the show, but someone needed to take him down a peg or two, and after seeing Faith just getting beaten down by Angelus and the Beast in the last three episodes, I'm so glad it was her who got to do it. Eliza Dushku is so cool as Faith.

Also, in ‘Rm w/a Vu’, when the ghost of Mrs Pierson is trying to get Cordy to hang herself by making her feel worthless and calls her a bitch and then Cordy realises ‘I'm a bitch...’ and gives ‘Polygrip’ the verbal smackdown. That was such a total HY! moment that I watch it any time I feel down.

Agree with all the posters who nominated the Class of '99 fighting back in ‘Graduation Day Prt II’ on Buffy. I love when the head vampire shouts ‘Get the kids!’ and then gets a total shit-scared look on his face when he realises the kids are gonna get him.

Can of Squelch

Can of Squelch

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 7:19 PM

L&O SVU: When the the driver of the special bus was fingered for having raped one of his passengers he says something like, '"Who are you going to believe? Me or the retard?"' and Stabler kicks the chair from underneath him.

Any scene where Stabler metes out wall-to-wall counseling on a suspect is a HELL YEAH moment.

wghedges

wghedges

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 9:49 AM

Last night, during Dubya's State of the Union address...he was talking about the Patriot Act and how it expired this year. He paused before going on to urge Congress to renew it, but some people in the audience took advantage of his halting speech and broke into applause after the words "the Patriot Act will expire this year" left his mouth. Dubya's head whipped around and he was visibly pissed. And, in my house, us Clark supporters gave a hearty "hell yeah!" to those people who seized the moment and clapped for the end of the Patriot Act.

kingdead

kingdead

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 11:29 AM

some people in the audience took advantage of his halting speech and broke into applause after the words "the Patriot Act will expire this year" left his mouth.

And members of the audience at home were clapping along, I assure you.

Lady B

Lady B

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 11:41 AM

And even the chick who watched it this morning on the news - on the other side of the earth (well kind of - Denmark, anyway) yelled "hell yeah" and continued in the voice of Susan from DOOL "take that you evil, evil, evil man!"

Keely1116

Keely1116

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 2:13 AM

Just watched the Angel episode Sanctuary, and I gave a bit "Hell Yeah" when Angel punched Buffy right in the mouth.

SunlessNick

SunlessNick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 6:40 AM

.... and after seeing Faith just getting beaten down by Angelus and the Beast in the last three episodes, I'm so glad it was her who got to [wipe the smirk off Connor's face]  -  pooki

Yeah - oddly, from Connor's sake as well as hers - because he'd gotten to respect Faith, and I'm glad he was stopped by someone he respected.

But almost everything in that whole little arc makes me say hell yeah: when Faith tells Wesley to stand back from the glass; when she vetos any attempt to kill Angelus because Angel had never given up on her; when Angel finally gets to call Angelus a jackass to his face.

clemens

clemens

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 9:37 PM

Several people have mentioned Julia's rants on Designing Women, and I do love them, but a big Hell Yeah! moment for me was when the women were all taking a self defense class and Mary Jo just couldn't bring herself to be assertive, and she was all wigged out by it, but then at the end of the episode, she thought the guy in the parking garage was following her and she stood up to him and then screeched "911!".

Also when that slimy client tried to rape her and she clocked him over the head with a vase. I love me some Mary Jo.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

Just now, during the NBA All-Star weekend...

They just had Nona Gaye sing the national anthem along with the recording of Marvin Gaye at the '84 all-star game (also in LA), a version widely regarded as one of the best/most controversial ever done. Amazingly well done and surprising move from the NBA considering the original controversy.

Justin Cognito

Justin Cognito

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2004 @ 1:30 PM

L&O: SVU. "Abomination." In searching for the killer of a gay man, Benson and Stabler come across a man who is so a stand-in for Fred Phelps, right down to the funeral protesting. They drag Rev. NotPhelps in for questioning, and he, in the process of ranting and raving, says something very similar to what Phelps himself said about 9/11 being God's will.

Stabler responds by sloooowly pushing aside the interrogating table, staring into NotPhelps' face, and priming for a smackdown. I respond by raising by fists to the heavens and yelling, "Aw, yeah, baby!"

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 11:39 AM

Finally got around to renting Season 5 of SATC, I use to have HBO but gave it up 'cause it was draining me and bugging me with the cable box. Someday I will move to a land that doesn't need a really old cable box that messes up with the VCR. Okay, back on topic, I want to give it up to Samantha in "Anchors Away" when she posts Cheater/Liar handouts all around Richard's neighborhood and then the female police officer lets her continue. Oh hell yeah!

Nflux Forever

Nflux Forever

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 12:58 PM

Last night on 24 when Jack finally kills Nina. Appropriately she spent her last moments lying on the floor, her hand inching toward a gun while trying to worm yet another deal in exchange for info. This time Jack wasn't haven't it. And the fact it was in the same room that Nina killed Teri in back in Season 1. Sweet.

squiggles

squiggles

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 4:55 PM

This is going to sound really stupid to any non-Brits and in retrospect it is really stupid, but my favourite Hell Yeah moment is when Will won the first series of Pop Idol. From the final ten onwards it had become a two horse race between Will and Gareth and somehow Will had come to represent real music and Gareth represented manufactured pop. Us real music fans thought we didn't have a chance because we thought all the 13 year old girls would vote for Gareth because he was 17, cute and had a stammer. However, people you would never expect to get involved in a pop show voted and in the week leading up to the final the whole country was engrossed, it was even discussed in the House of Parliament, and when Ant said Will's name I just felt sooooooooo happy because i never thought Will would actually win. I told you it would sound stupid.

(Oh and Northern Ireland beating Spain in the 1982 World Cup to get to the quarter finals was a real Hell Yeah for the country, even though I wasn't born yet!)

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 5:10 PM

This week's S&TC - which I only just saw last night - the whole scene in the coffee shop with Big and Carrie's friends, from his line about "You're the real loves of her life, any guy would be lucky to come in fourth" all the way to Miranda's "Go get our girl" was one big "Hell yeah!" moment for me.

PrettyButterfly

PrettyButterfly

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 5:29 PM

squiggles, I was exactly the same. I was sure Gareth was going to win and was utterly hating Pop Idol because of it. When Will was announced as the winner, combined with the look of shock on his face, I was jumping around like a lunatic. Definitely a hell yeah moment.

slacktastic

slacktastic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 5:56 PM

On CNN yesterday they showed a lesbian couple getting married in San Francisco, and at the end of the ceremony, instead of saying, "I now pronounce you husband and wife," she said, "I now pronounce you spouses for life."

It choked me up big-time. HELL YEAH to spouses for life!

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 6:09 PM

On CNN yesterday they showed a lesbian couple getting married in San Francisco, and at the end of the ceremony, instead of saying, "I now pronounce you husband and wife," she said, "I now pronounce you spouses for life."

It choked me up big-time. HELL YEAH to spouses for life!

Choked-up word. Take that, President Shrub, and all the narrow-minded who think two people who love and cherish each other aren't good enough for the sacred institute of marriage, which must be reserved for people like Brittney Spears.