Spoiler-ed Rotten (N.E.D.--That means "No Episode Discussion")

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4956 replies to this topic

WalkThruMyGloom

WalkThruMyGloom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:50 PM

I found this at TV Tome which apparently they got from FOX. It's a description of 1.17: The Rivals...

Sandy and Jimmy buy a restaurant; Julie irks Kirsten by becoming the new model-home designer at the Newport Group; Seth is jealous of Summer's new boyfriend; Ryan is out to expose Oliver.

All I have to say is: Ha! I hope that Summer makes Seth work for it and he learns his lesson, especially after that New Year's Eve thing with Anna. So not cool.

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:25 PM

Aw, Summer has a boyfriend? I hate to say it, but, good. Seth needs to sweat it a little.

But, so, she's going to go from having a boyfriend (Chip? Can it be Chip?) in ep 17 to having sex with Seth in ep 18? Oy humbug.

bigmelvin97

bigmelvin97

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:37 PM

Sandy and Jimmy buy a restaurant; Julie irks Kirsten by becoming the new model-home designer at the Newport Group; Seth is jealous of Summer's new boyfriend; Ryan is out to expose Oliver

So Julie is going to be the Newport Group's Model Home Designer??....I like it, alot.

I cant wait to learn more about this restaurant of Sandy and Jimmy's!! What kind of food and atmosphere it will have? Does Sandy quit his job at the firm to run said restaurant. Cant wait to learn more.

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 10:38 PM

Let's not forget the OC's wacky timelines. Or rather, warp speed timelines. They went from just after Thanksgiving in "The Secret" to Christmas in "The Best Chrismukkah Ever." In one episode, they skip a month! Or three weeks, at least.

If Seth/Summer hook up at the end of episode 17, they could be a week or two into an established relationship by episode 18. And within that episode, another week or so could get covered, as they usually do. We don't know when in the episode the sex conversation occurs. but presumably it'll be the first episode of their relationship.

janet111

janet111

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

Julie irks Kirsten by becoming the new model-home designer at the Newport Group;

Excuse me?? Julie goes from seeming lady-of-leisure Newport housewife to a party planner (for Caleb) to a designer for model homes? How unrealistic is that?? Does she have an architecture degree secreted somewhere about her person, or even one in interior design? I'm willing to suspend disbelief for a lot of things on this show, but that one goes over the top for me.

Nysha

Nysha

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:10 PM

I'm guessing that designer for model homes is someone who orders and arranges the furniture so possible buyers can get a better idea of what the house would look like if someone lived there. I can see where Caleb would think this is a brainless woman's job and therefor perfect for Julie.

yogal

yogal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:12 PM

Part of a script for The Rivals episode,posted by bliss at Fanbolt:

ACT TWO

FADE IN:

INT. HARBOR SCHOOL - DR. KIM'S OFFICE -- MORNING (D2)

Ryan, Sandy and Kirsten sit across from Dr. Kim's desk.

DR. KIM: I don't think I need to explain what a serious offence this is.

KIRSTEN: We understand, Joyce. And believe me when I tell you -- Ryan will be punished for this.

DR. KIM: I'm afraid it won't end there. This matter will also be presented to the disciplinary committee. Suspension, even expulsion, are not out of the question.

SANDY: Of course. The school has to do what it deems appropriate. But we urge you to understand -- this is very uncharacteristic of Ryan.

DR. KIM: Indeed. Other than a flare up a few months ago on the soccer field, Harbor and Mr. Atwood have seemed a remarkably good fit. (beat) Which leads me to wonder. Why would you do this? What could compel you to break into my office? To read Mr. Trask's file?

A beat. Sandy and Kirsten would like to know, too. As Ryan starts to speak, the ridiculousness of his claim is laid bare.

RYAN: I just... I don't trust this kid... Oliver. He seems... suspcious. And suddenly, he's going here now...

DR. KIM: I assure you, Oliver went through the same screening process as any other Harbor student.

RYAN: He has a history of... instability. I was... concerned. (quietly) For Marissa.

DR. KIM: Has he ever made any threats to her? Anything to warrant your suspicions?

RYAN: No. But he's been spending a lot of time with her. A lot.

Sandy and Kirsten share a look. Sounds like jealousy. Ryan realizes this.

RYAN: (CONT'D) And in his file there's a letter --

DR. KIM: A confidential letter.

RYAN: -- that says they found him in the men's bathroom at Pacific. Having cut his wrists. Over a girl. (a beat, as this lands) She filed a restraining order. That's why he left.

DR. KIM: Two years ago. Since then he's been institutionalized. (on Ryan -- he has?) And everyone involved in Mr. Trask's rehabilitation believed his best chance was a change in his environment.

SANDY: And this school was receptive to him? Despite his history?

DR. KIM: Harbor is known to make exceptions for students with troubled backgrounds, but who show extraordinary promise.

DR. KIM: (CONT'D) (directly to Ryan) You stole a car. You burned down a house. We were able to overlook that.

RYAN: (a beat, nods) I'm sorry.

DR. KIM: We are going to keep the specifics of this incident between us. No need to alarm or upset the other parties involved. In the mean time? (she rises, to Ryan) We'll see you at three p.m. for detention. Which you will be in everyday, until the committee reaches it's verdict.

SANDY: Thank you for your time.

EXT. HARBOR SCHOOL - PORTICOS -- DAY (D2)

Sandy, Kirsten and Ryan exit outside to campus. All exhaling. Weighed heavily by what's happened. Seth waits.

SANDY: You understand what this means? They could expel you. (off Ryan) You come straight home after detention. Understood?

KIRSTEN: We'll finish this conversation then.

RYAN: I'm sorry. I am.

SANDY: You bet you are.

Sandy strides off. Kirsten, a bit more gentle in the moment, looks at Ryan. And then looks away. Following.

Seth and Ryan remain. Seth clearly troubled.

I just think this is way too much trouble to get into because of Marissa...but I wouldnt trust Oliver either.Anyway, this seems like it will bring some good parenting moments between Kandy and Ryan.

Nysha

Nysha

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:31 PM

SANDY: You understand what this means? They could expel you. (off Ryan) You come straight home after detention. Understood?

KIRSTEN: We'll finish this conversation then.

RYAN: I'm sorry. I am.

SANDY: You bet you are.

Yay! Parenting, dammit, parenting is coming soon. I love it when Ryan interacts with the Cohen's.

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:11 PM

yay, for the Cohens punishing Ryan. Let's actually see some of it.

Yet again, I must say, Die, Marissa, Die.

Walter

Walter

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:24 PM

As much as I'm dreading to see Ryan doing something completely idiotic for Marissa (and this coming from someone who has been OK with all the other lame things he's done for her), if it leads to some parenting, damnit, I can accept it. They're actually going to punish him. So delicious!

But seriously, the writers had better create a damned good situation that explains why Ryan would do something so stupid.

bigmelvin97

bigmelvin97

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:24 PM

As much as I'm dreading to see Ryan doing something completely idiotic for Marissa (and this coming from someone who has been OK with all the other lame things he's done for her), if it leads to some parenting, damnit, I can accept it. They're actually going to punish him. So delicious!

But seriously, the writers had better create a damned good situation that explains why Ryan would do something so stupid

So cant wait for the parenting in this episode! I wonder what Sandy and Kirsten have in store for Ryan....the way I read the script, they seem to be a little more stern than I had expected, and Im glad!

Sandy's "You bet you are" line is going to be great!

Edited by bigmelvin97, Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:24 PM.

TaterTots0370

TaterTots0370

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:40 PM

RYAN: -- that says they found him in the men's bathroom at Pacific. Having cut his wrists. Over a girl. (a beat, as this lands) She filed a restraining order. That's why he left.

Ahh, so from that other spoiler, when Oliver sees Natalie at the Four Seasons with Marissa, that's why it's bad and he possibly shoots himself! OOOOOH! But still, the burning question: While Oliver sorta lives there, why is she with him? To hang out? To do the nasty? Oh God please no! *Almost pukes at the thought*

WalkThruMyGloom

WalkThruMyGloom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:01 PM

Uh oh--Sandy is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Debsicle

Debsicle

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 10:57 AM

Uh oh....Sandy is maaaaaad!

(I hope that quote box worked! Doesn't like to work for me!)!

Would love to see this!!! Hoping the actual show is darn close to the spoiler. Sandy's eyebrows working overtime in a furled fashion!!! This is huge. Much bigger than a fight, etc. Will be interested to see just how worried/sorry Ryan is about this just as bad as I want to see some disciplinary action. Good good!!! BRING IT ON!!!! : )

bigmelvin97

bigmelvin97

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:11 PM

KIRSTEN: We understand, Joyce. And believe me when I tell you -- Ryan will be punished for this.

DR. KIM: I'm afraid it won't end there. This matter will also be presented to the disciplinary committee. Suspension, even expulsion, are not out of the question.

Im thinking Kirsten might find this conversation a good time to offer to build a new wing on the library or something to that effect.

Wasnt there a side going around a while back that had her saying that when Ryan was first trying to get into Harbour? I wonder why the scratched it? Maybe a little too out of character for Kirsten? Personally, I would love to see her say it=)

jewelchick17

jewelchick17

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:06 PM

Did anyone happen to catch the little preview for this Wednesday's show, on ET on MTV. I have made a habit of watching that dippy host every Saturday because they usually have a clip of something or gossip about the characters on the show.
I don't know if it was mentioned on here or not, but Seth chooses Anna. He has to tell Summer that he wants Anna. I sat in shock for about an hour, tears in my eyes. Seriously, y'all I am so pissed. If my mom and grandmother hadn't been in the house I would have just screamed, "FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs. I know that Seth and Summer have sex later, but ughhhhh! That means I have to look at Anna kissing Seth first, to get to Seth/Summer action. And that just ain't right y'all. Just ain't right.

gemini_girl

gemini_girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:15 PM

Ack. How disgusting. I really don't want to watch filler storyline until we get the Seth/Summer sex. Pointless.

pompomchik

pompomchik

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

Holy mother! I was getting excited for more touching S/S moments.

Now I have to watch Anna touch my man..

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 6:24 PM

But apparently people have seen upcoming dialouge (from a TV preview?) where Seth says he and Anna are gonna take it to the next level, Ryan asks "sex?" and Seth says no, but that's a good idea. Meaning (to my delight) that they apparently didn't do the deed on New Year's. Yay!

Also, arenb't Anna and Seth commiserating about single-dom by the very next episode? Meaning that they must split up by the end of "The Third Wheel"? Or do I have that wrong?

Either way, I can tolerate minor amounts of S/A as long as it's handled gracefully (especially the transition) and I know I can look forward to Summer/Seth sex.

amd21

amd21

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 7:32 PM

Seeing Seth and Summer have sex would really piss me off. Its obvious to me that Seth has the true feelings for Anna and is only thinking with the other head with summer.

fuzzy_ears

fuzzy_ears

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:35 PM

I can't believe Seth chooses Anna first. That is so... I'm all... He's meant to be with Summer. Think of his boat. THINK OF HIS BOAT!!

That said, these spoilers are sort of depressing. Except for the possibility of some parenting, damnit, parenting. And the news that Oliver has not much longer. Two episodes with that condescending dipshit was more than enough for me. Is it the hotel suicide-threatening scene yet?

eirefaerie

eirefaerie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:20 AM

Christ Jesus, Seth. Grow a pair and pick Summer!

Grr.

I'm so confused at this point that I'm not even sure what to believe. The idea of Seth choosing Anna, Seth and Anna breaking up, Seth and Anna bonding over being single, Summer dating some other guy and Seth and Summer having sex (which is looking more and more like a "friends with benefits" thing) all in three episodes is looking a little bit like we're being played.

AKA

AKA

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:39 AM

Question:
When does The Rivals air? Anyone know?

And--is that the same episode where Kirsten and Seth both tell Sandy not to "give up" on Ryan? It just seems to me, that this parenting,damnit,parenting is quite a bit deal--and I wonder if the question of Ryan's staying with the Cohens will be raised because of it. (a storyline that would no doubt elicit the cheers (and wails) of thousands of Angsty!Ryan threaders)

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:15 AM

Call me the eternal optimist, but

1. Do we have any evidence that Seth actually "picks" Anna? I just assumed that the "picking" implied that they hooked up on New Year's and now he's deciding to go with it, because it felt good not be alone. He may have even convinced himself it was a decision.

which is looking more and more like a "friends with benefits" thing

Why do you say that, given Summer's "love hurts" comment? If he breaks up with Anna (presumably), is jealous of Summer's boyfriend, and she already pulled away from that guy because he wasn't Seth, I would think any hook-up between Seth and Summer would be pretty emotionally important. Maybe not an official couple yet, but I doubt it's a casual thing. JMHO of these spoilers.

Edited by emrie, Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:17 PM.

WalkThruMyGloom

WalkThruMyGloom

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:26 AM

Question:
When does The Rivals air? Anyone know?

I believe it's scheduled to air on the 21st of January, or at least, that's what I've read.

1. Do we have any evidence that Seth actually "picks" Anna? I just assumed that the "picking" implied that they hooked up on New Year's and now he's deciding to go with it, because it felt good not be alone. He may have even convinced himself it was a decision.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I didn't see this preview, but I had kind of assumed that Seth had already "chosen" Anna because of New Year's Eve and that in this next episode he would have to go about actually telling Summer that he had "chosen" the other girl. I doubt we'll actually see him decide to be with Anna in this episode because Anna sort of decided it for him when she came to him on New Year's Eve. He 's just going along with it.

But since in the next epsiode Seth and Anna are supposedly bonding over being single, we might assume that something happens in this next episode which causes Seth to either change his mind and decide he wants Summer or to just have him reconsider his decision about being with Anna and leave it at that. But, of course, this is just speculation based on spoilers.

Did this make any sense at all?

Edited by WalkThruMyGloom, Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:27 AM.

Walter

Walter

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:25 AM

When does The Rivals air? ... And--is that the same episode where Kirsten and Seth both tell Sandy not to "give up" on Ryan?

According to TV Tome, The Rivals airs Jan. 21, and it's in the next episode, The Truth, when both Kirsten and Seth talk to Sandy about Ryan (same ep where Oliver pulls a gun). Which is awesome, because that means we'll get lots of parenting, damnit in *two* episodes.

Edited by Walter, Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:26 AM.

MaudGonne13

MaudGonne13

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:28 AM

Which means that Sandy hasn't forgiven Ryan by the end of The Rivals? Wow, that's some lovely angst, there. I'm so excited for all this parenting. And PunishedRyan will be soooo much fun. The guilt!

Walter

Walter

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:34 AM

Oh my God, I hadn't even thought about the fact that Sandy hasn't forgiven him. That's [Seth]awesome[/Seth]. It's *huge* that Sandy is so angry/worried about Ryan that he actually doubts whether he can help him.

OK, I think I'm officially more excited now than I was by the promise of cardoor-slamming at Chrismukkah.

bigmelvin97

bigmelvin97

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 9:52 AM

Which means that Sandy hasn't forgiven Ryan by the end of The Rivals? Wow, that's some lovely angst, there. I'm so excited for all this parenting. And PunishedRyan will be soooo much fun. The guilt

True that!!! Im just wondering, if they ground him, how are they gonna keep a close eye on him when he is living ALL the way out in the poolhouse? Heeee

lizzypop

lizzypop

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:30 PM

Im just wondering, if they ground him, how are they gonna keep a close eye on him when he is living ALL the way out in the poolhouse?

Well, three of the walls are made of windows, after all. :)

Is it wrong that I am counting down to the Oliver gun episode? I am just done with his story line and it's kind of sad when I find myself pining for the days of the Luke/Marissa/Ryan triangle.

I got the feeling from the sides about Anna in The Third that she will decide not to date Seth, rather than him deciding he likes Summer more, just from the conversation about the Golden Girls and the "moral dilemma" that Anna's supposed to be feeling there. Anyone with me there? Anyone?