The O.C. Fan Fiction Recommendations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4549 replies to this topic

BonnieD

BonnieD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:15 PM

Okay, I have been absolute crap about giving reviews to all the great stories I've read thanks to this thread. So I'm taking the cheap way out and saying a blanket, "thank you one and all to everyone who has been turning out great angsty Ryan stories for me to read! I love each of your own unique styles and enjoy the many hoops you all think of for Ryan and Seth to jump through."

I'm also here to post a link to the update of my story "Baby". If anyone's been reading it, they'll know I've been stalled out for quite a while and I still have a great blank in my brain where the story should be but here's a little drabble to let you know it's not gone or forgotten:
http://www.fanfictio...08021&chapter=3

romie007

romie007

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:26 PM

Toft! I was hoping you'd add another chapter to your story. I really enjoyed it when it first came out. I'm glad you updated. Drama, angst and babies. It doesn't get much better than that.

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:08 PM

Hi everyone! <waves>

Long-time lurker, first time poster here. Anyone have a rec for a well-written Seth-centric piece? Preferably slash? I've already gone through the stories in the previous posts (Telegraph Avenue was... awesome!) but with hiatus lasting half a month more, I find myself missing the Seth-ologue. (And I don't wanna replay my recordings of the first 14 episodes coz that would be... pathetic. <whispers> And I've already replayed them half a dozen times.)

:returns to lurking:

SHHS Lancer

SHHS Lancer

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:05 PM

Hiya, BurningInHell,

I have good news and bad news...

Bad news, no recommendations.

Good news, the hiatus is over on Monday if you're in Canada (lucky bastards!) and on Wednesday if you're in the US.

If you're somewhere else, then I don't know what to tell you.

PolyesterBride

PolyesterBride

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:51 PM

BurningInHell- have you tried "H" is for Houdini, and also Handcuffs by serialkarma? I promise** hilarity *will* ensue.

**(sadly, does not come with complete 30-day money-back guarantee)

Another one is War Profit by MollyTM. Seth, Ryan, and the Beat Writers. Also, supply closets! No one can resist a supply closet!

And, to conclude with some shameless self-pimping, I've got a few short drunk!Seth bits. Holiday Spirits and Mudslide! (not a TWoP disaster fic).

On the upside, like SHHS Lancer says, only a few more days! Less if you're Canadian. Can I get an "awesome"? *g*

ILuvOz

ILuvOz

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:01 AM

I know this is probably a frowned upon ship on this board, but does anyone know of any good Seth/Anna fic? I mostly just find Seth/Ryan and the occassional Seth/Summer, but I really want some Seth/Anna preferably where he isn't just going out with her because she is there. Thanks.

EBStarr

EBStarr

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

ILuvOz: don't worry, everyone's nice to us Anna fans here, even if they're not nice to Anna! :)

I love Seth/Anna fic, but there's very little of it. I like 04; it's a very well-written story and it looks like it's leaning to S/A, although the author hasn't actually said so. And Into the Mystic is another lovely little triangle-fic that makes the S/A shipper in me very happy.

I can't vouch for my own being any good, but I can vouch for its being Seth/Anna (ish). Sorry for the self-pimpage!

brandywine421

brandywine421

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:54 PM

I found this new fic when I came back to work today and it's really good. It even has a Juvie!Ryan part that some of us love. I think it's great. Here's the link: Decisions

Give the author some reviews, I think he/she deserves them!!

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:02 PM

Hi PolyesterBride! I love serialkarma (and Rex, and High!Seth)! And I just read Holiday Spirits and it's follow-up Truth or Dare (written by lalejandra?) I love them! drunk!Seth is very hot! (Just not as hot as Sleepy!Ryan which is, Oy!) And didn't you also write Confessions 1&2? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And I also found this little gem in FFN (I'm sorry I'm coding retar--oops-- impaired). It's called The Definition of Intelligence and it's a Seth/Summer from a 3rd person Summer POV. Really really good. I love Seth. <sighs>

And for a Kirsten POV here's: Ryan and Seth bu vera01(http://www.livejourn...sh/102291.html?)

Lovely lovely fic.

Slash rules!!

Edited by BurningInHell, Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:08 PM.

Frost

Frost

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:20 PM

romie007 - the last chapter of Hello, Ryan is almost done. The beginning and end are complete, just finishing up the middle. It's going to be a very long chapter. Sorry it's taking me so long, but it should be to my beta readers today or tomorrow.

romie007

romie007

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:25 PM

Thanks Frost. I've been waiting a long time to see how your story plays out. I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm going to get the next chapter of "A not so happy New Year" up hopefully before watching the OC tonight. It'll depend on how fast I can type, because the show is on at 8pm, east coast time, 9pm central time and midnight, west coast time. I know, I should really learn how to use the vcr and the digital cable box, but that's why I have a husband. Back on topic, I'll have my chapter up by 11pm at the latest.

Edited by romie007, Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:27 PM.

Frost

Frost

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:45 PM

romie007 you must be one of those nasty Canadians who get to see the episodes on Mondays! I love "A Not So Happy New Year" and will take only enough time from finishing Hello, Ryan to read your latest!

PolyesterBride

PolyesterBride

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

Thanks BurningInHell (and, yeah, I did write Confessions.)

I also really liked l_vera01's story. If any of you haven't read, jet over and do that today.

Also, more self-pimping. I should get myself a big ol' furry coat and hat with a feather in it.

Superstitions (Ryan, Theresa POV)

And it's het! Hunh. I don't know how these things happen.

edited because TWoP tags are different from LJ tags

Edited by PolyesterBride, Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:18 PM.

kymberleii

kymberleii

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:20 PM

Hi everyone! I am still trying to find my way around this site and posting. (Like how to do links.)

I just wanted to say a very humble thank you to Brandywine421 for her recommendation (on previous page) of Decisions, which is mine. I am brand new to writing fanfiction, and I am a little bit overwhelmed at even trying and compare my work to what I have read so far.

I also wrote Finding My Path and would love to get some feedback. I have written a few more that I haven't posted yet, including one where Summer has a rage blackout and goes on a rampage. Unfortunately, I am currently limited to one beta reader who actually has a life of her own.

Thankfully, one of my reviewers pointed out that I have been mispelling Kirsten's name, so I am going to fix that when I get back to work tomorrow and have a faster connection speed.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by kymberleii, Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:38 AM.

Nysha

Nysha

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

kymberleii, I really like your fan fiction. I was the one who mentioned the problem with Kirsten's name. I read your stories at 2 different times & didn't realize you had written both of them. I hope you didn't think I was ragging on you or anything. Keep up with the writing.

kymberleii

kymberleii

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:46 AM

Oh not at all Nysha , if you hadn't told me, I would have continued to do it. Thank you!! :-D

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:09 PM

Hi PolyesterBride just wanted to get back to you for your suggestions.

"H" was wow. Smutty is the least descriptive, but it's a start. Spot on Ryan, the inner Seth-ologue was too too accurate. I had to look around and see if he landed in my room with a big ol' ribbon or what.

Ditto with War Profit. Another completely accurate Seth, majorly sweet Ryan and the supply closet! Is that a Roswell shout-out or what?! (Alright, that was the eraser room but whatever!) It was Seth! I was giddy. <jumps up and down>

And can I get a Yay! for PolyesterBride's Holiday Spirits and Confessions?

<looks apologetic> Sorry everyone, I guess I am still giddy. <pants and turns red>

edited to add: I just finished PolyesterBride's Superstitions, a Theresa POV. And wow, poignant. Utterly utterly touching. Love it!

Edited by Joanna, Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:46 AM.

ctoan

ctoan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:18 PM

romie007, I just read the latest chapter of A Not So Happy New Year. I'm really loving this story. I'm also really greedy...how long do I have to wait for the next chapter?!

And Frost, I'm eagerly waiting for Hello, Ryan too. Is it wrong that I hear Caitlyn's inflection every time I see that title?!

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:11 PM

Here is the link: FFN: The Definition of Intelligence. Props to kieyra!

Edited by Joanna, Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:47 AM.

brandywine421

brandywine421

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:56 PM

Shameless self-pimping. I'm posting a new fic and the first 2 chapters are up. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. The end should be up before Friday night.

Red and Gray

ctoan

ctoan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:17 PM

Cool, brandywine. I haven't read it yet, but I just spent today re-reading some of your other stories (Rudder and Wasted) so I'm excited to read this one too. (And I loved the latest chapter of Go, I thought Jackie was great at pushing Ryan when he needed it and waiting for him to open up. Can't wait for the epilogue).

romie007

romie007

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:51 PM

Brandywine! I knew you couldn't walk away from writing fan fiction! It's in your soul. You, my dear are the pusher and we are your addicts. I 'gravel' at your feet.

(I know it's grovel, but I've got a serious case of "Lion King" rattling around in my head.)

Hey! I'm a "channel surfer" now..........Cool!

Edited by romie007, Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:52 PM.

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

Hey guys, couldn't sleep so I wrote a ficlet of a ficlet. Or a drabble, not really sure.

Reflections on Pain

Sorry for the self-pimping. <sighs> Now maybe I can sleep.

Bunglegirl

Bunglegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:37 PM

Poolside by Romanticalgirl.A short story that takes place after tonight's episode. Summer and Ryan have a talk. G

Also, Truth or Dare by Lalejandra, which is kind of a sequel. NC17

Edited by Bunglegirl, Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:54 PM.

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:04 PM

Warning: self-pimping ahead!

Okay folks, this is my big time Summer fic. If you like Summer and want to understand her, if you like seeing glimpses of young Seth and understanding why he was an outcast, if you like reading about the dark side of Newport life, or even if you like the poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," this might be the fic for you!

I hope you enjoy it!

Chambers of the Sea

(Here's the banner with which I normally link it: Banner I can't here because of bandwith.)

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:04 PM

Warning: self-pimping ahead!

Okay folks, this is my big time Summer fic. If you like Summer and want to understand her, if you like seeing glimpses of young Seth and understanding why he was an outcast, if you like reading about the dark side of Newport life, or even if you like the poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock," this might be the fic for you!

I hope you enjoy it!

Chambers of the Sea

(Here's the banner with which I normally link it: Banner I can't here because of bandwith.)

BurningInHell

BurningInHell

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:30 PM

Alright! Yeah! Lalejandra's written a new Seth/Ryan fic. Link here. It's called No, For Real This Time, The Best Chrismukkah Ever.

Edited by BurningInHell, Jan 13, 2004 @ 1:35 PM.

Frost

Frost

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:16 PM

Chapter 6of Hello, Ryan is finally up. Waiting around for my Muse to inspire me is a lot of work, I assure you...

emrie

emrie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

I've updated: Chambers of the Sea: Chapter 4

dorabelle

dorabelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 10:49 AM

emrie, I'm really loving this story! Poor little Summer--it seems she and Ryan may have more in common than they know, hmm?