General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

244975 replies to this topic

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:53 PM

I will never understand what Anna sees in Duke. 

I don't really understand what anyone sees in her at this point, so they're a good match.

Edited by PeteMartell, Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:53 PM.

LeftPhalange1

LeftPhalange1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:55 PM

Morgan is upset about  potentially getting Duke killed? I guess he should have thought about that before he joined the mob because of his stupid daddy issues. 

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:00 PM

He shouldn't be upset at all. Duke is no one to get that upset about.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:06 PM

Most of today's show got interrupted by the rage-inducing coverage of the non-breaking news of Bieber's release from jail (complete with full speculation of which highway route he was taking) so all I caught was first 5 minutes and the last 15. Seems like I didn't miss much.

I wonder how many pearl clutchers fainted dead away at that.

A few that I've seen, but thankfully not many.

Honstly, I've never cared much for Duke. If Julian killed him I wouldn't weep. I only ever liked him opposite Robin, but I see nothing between him and Anna. Might as well kill him off now while KMC's around to attend the funeral, if he's just going to be a useless pawn in every story.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:08 PM

Since Jason is dead, I think that both Sam and Danny are no longer on Sonny's radar. He really doesn't give a damm about anyone but himself.

Not looking for Carly is a prime example of this. He is to me, the most selfish man in the universe.

Francie N.

Francie N.

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:30 PM

I don't really understand what anyone sees in her at this point, so they're a good match.

Them's fighting wor .... oh, fuck it, someone just pass me a mai tai, please and thank you.

Could I join all of you in the barge?

Of course! But if you’re on the lido deck, don’t get suckered into a shuffleboard game with BestAuntEver.  She’s a shuffleboard shark.

[little voice] please don’t report me for boards [/little voice]

Spoiler

Does anyone know if the barge has a suicide hotline? Or allows an unlimited bar tab?  Girl's gotta drown her sorrows.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:40 PM

If I were Sonny, I wouldn't look for Carly either, to be fair to him. 

MSquared

MSquared

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:43 PM

But really, how is there even a contest between Lucas and Felix for Brad?

Okay, here's my beef.  I would not mind a triangle were Lucas was the prize.  Okay, mind but not as much.  But to make Brad the center of it?  So it's newbie and vet fighting over newbie?  That makes no sense!  But, of course, it is still, again, using a legacy to prop a pet.

I don't think Carlivati will be able to sustain the uptick in ratings for this next year. I'd like to see him try. I believe a part of his and Valentini's success also was because last year, GH was celebrating 50 years.  We, well, I can't speak for others, just myself, and my friends, got suckered in when all the name droppings of vets/actors I grew up watching the show were coming back, along with the resurgence of the Nurses Ball; Little did I know that it wasn't going to be about AIDS Awareness, but a platform for Sabrina's debutant coming out.

This!  The problem is they are using history to prop their creations, instead of the opposite.  They have fifty years to work with and all they care about is the last two.  Generally, I wouldn't want to see a show fail, but with the way they manhandle this, I'm about to be ready to beg ABC to pull the plug.

hypnotoad16

hypnotoad16

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:47 PM

got suckered in when all the name droppings of vets/actors I grew up watching the show were coming back, along with the resurgence of the Nurses Ball; Little did I know that it wasn't going to be about AIDS Awareness, but a platform for Sabrina's debutant coming out.

I think that's exactly why the ratings have been up. It certainly has nothing to do with the writing or storylines. I came back to check out the Nurses Ball, I watched the Soapnet GH A-thon and then started watching daily because Robin was finally returning. That the Nurses Ball and Robin's return had nothing to do with the event and everything to do with Sabrina has ruined the show for me. I'm sticking around until Robert and Robin leave and then to the barge I go!

Certainly ABC was obviously going to keep RC around, but I happen to believe the folks in charge are idiots for doing so. He's hurting this show far more than helping it. His special brand of camp is not good soap.

drtslim

drtslim

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:52 PM

And his nephew, Michael, after his nephew Morgan already had a turn, has hooked up with his niece, Kiki, and Sam, his sister, is dating his niece's father, his aunt's former lover. Lucas is going to need to see Kevin, and soon. 

Kaka is Lucas' cousin, not his niece.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

I used to hate Duke when he was first on the show.  Now, he's like a breath of fresh air in comparison to Julian, Ava, Sabrina, Felix...I could go on.  I will go on.  How could I forget Kiki and Franco?

Edited by ciarra, Jan 23, 2014 @ 4:58 PM.

Blackie

Blackie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:15 PM

non-breaking news of Bieber's release from jail (complete with full speculation of which highway route he was taking)

Thank goodness that here in the Bieb's home provence I didn't have my GH pre-empted to listen to that.

WOW! Sam in a sheer white T-shirt with dark bra underneath. and all those years she was with Jason and I didn't even know she had boobs.

ETA

Wow, major man on man lip lock, but how the heck did Lucas end up with Brad anyway? Not even a meet up at Jake's or anything

You mean they didn't even show them meeting?  This is the first time we have seen them together?  I thought I missed the day they met or something because that was some kiss!!

Edited by Blackie, Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:26 PM.

The XZFactor

The XZFactor

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:27 PM

Honestly, what I'd like to see is Julian throwing it back in Sam's face, and say he's stored marrow, so its her move. Is she really going to tell Sonny it's "okay" for him to kill her father. Is that really the example she wants to set for Danny?

And does she really want to take the chance the stored marrow would be viable should Danny get sick again? Does she really want to gamble with her son's life to help Sonny win a mob war?

She really needs to stop living her life like she's Jason's ride-or-die chick, she's a mother and she should act like it.

I don't think Sam wants Julian dead. If he stored the marrow, she wouldn't march over to Sonny and tell him to kill Julian. But I don't think she'd beg for his life either. Julian is a grown man who decided to come to town and deliberately engage in criminal activity. It's not Sam, or Danny's, responsibility to protect him from his own poor choices.

How exactly is Sam the one gambling with Danny's life. If I were in Sam's shoes I'd certainly take my chances with the stored marrow, given that Danny's father died violently and Julian seems hellbent on trying to join him. If Julian cared about his grandson he wouldn't keep gambling on Sonny not being a selfish SOB and continuing trying to start a war.

I understand that there's an automatic "anyone who goes against Sonny is automatically awesome" mentality, but Julian is no better than Sonny. He deliberately came to town and continued his criminal activities, even though he was given a major second chance to start his life over. He's already killed one guy on-screen. He brought Morgan into his business (and yes Morgan's the idiot that wanted to work for Julian at first. But given that Sonny still gets crap for involving youngsters like Stone and Jason into his life, how exactly is Julian any better?) He actually expected Morgan to kill his own father at the warehouse. He's threatening Morgan's whole family to keep Morgan as his employee. As a good mother, how exactly is it better for Sam to involve Julian in her son's life?

got suckered in when all the name droppings of vets/actors I grew up watching the show were coming back, along with the resurgence of the Nurses Ball; Little did I know that it wasn't going to be about AIDS Awareness, but a platform for Sabrina's debutant coming out.

The Nurses' Ball was how many months ago? There needs to be a better excuse for a yearlong ratings uptick than an event that happened ages ago. Most of the name dropping happened around then. People would have checked out a long time ago if they were sticking around just for the vets. Is it at all possible, that despite all the complaining from some, that a good chunk of people actually enjoy the show?

(Also was the Nurses' Ball ever truly just about AIDS Awareness (other than maybe the first few)? I know that's the in show reason for the Ball, but other than a couple of speeches, it's really about the spectacle, the song and dance, and Lucy in her underwear.)

Edited by The XZFactor, Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:37 PM.

Abott233

Abott233

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:39 PM

I wish we had multi-generation stories.I mean wheres the characters like Ned,Dillion,Brooklynn,Tommy Hardy jr and Serena.I'm glad they brought Lucas back but I'd rather see these characters than the likes of Franco,Kiki ect.

Fylaki

Fylaki

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:51 PM

So how long has Luke been down at the boathouse dealing with the Raccoon? No one cares he is missing? I know he is not the most popular guy in town anymore but Tracy, Sonny, Anna and Robert all still like him, as does Lulu and even to an extent Dante.

Dante: "Luke Spenser is missing."

Cop "Who?"

Dante: "MY father-in-law, the guy who saved the planet from the Ice Princess, former mayor of the city, he's fallen on hard times recently but back in the day he was something. He's went down to the Q's boathouse and never came back."

Cop "Sorry can't help you Carly the former wife of not one but two  mob bosses is missing."

Anna: "Luke's gone"

Robert" "Spenser. He'll turn up."

Anna "No. I think something is wrong."

Robert "Okay I'll have a go at finding him."

Bobbie "You can't. I love my brother and all, but Carly, you know my daughter the one who slept with my husband and destroyed his life to get back and me and who I now love more than anything, despite the fact she basically destroyed the great love of my life and a far better man than my brother or I deserved to have as family is missing you must find her"

Robert "What about Spenser?"

Bobbie "Carly may have been killed by Franco"

Arrgh

Edited by Fylaki, Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:52 PM.

Bringonthedrama

Bringonthedrama

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:51 PM

This Spencer/Emma/Cameron "love triangle" may be intended to remind us of the Nikolas/Elizabeth/Lucky triangle, as that history has been touched upon when Elizabeth and Britt snark at each other over Nikolas. When Elizabeth was pregnant, and even before that, Nikolas kept pressing about how he could provide for Liz and fetus/boys and baby on the way and that Lucky should just get out of his way. Spencer is doing the same type of thing now with the "I own this, I own that" lines to Cameron and Emma. And he's being kiddie-hostile to his cousin because he likes Emma, when these two boys have always been cousins/friends who get along well in the past.

Love Dr. O getting in Felix and Sabrina's faces. Wanted to smack Sabrina for asking Elizabeth "What's it going to take..." because she had the audacity not to kiss Sabrina's ass and say of course I'll lie to my dearest friends, re: pregnancy, for you. Also loved Elizabeth giving Britt attitude, and Britt getting mad because Liz hit a nerve...nobody could guess what a horrible secret Britt and Dr. O are keeping.  Britt is truly selfish, pathetic and cruel (last part - re: Lulu and Dante).

Didn't like the bit today w/Lucas and Brad... Brad and Felix are both sooo beneath Lucas in every way. Seriously, I saw that kiss and thought "Why would you bother with this loser?!"

I got the vibe that Dr. O is *interested* in Silas, esp. because Nathan is accusing him of trying to kill his wife. I had to laugh at the "I'm sure you had your reasons" if he was guilty.  I think her scene w/Silas is the close I've seen to her flirting w/a non-psycho. The WTF look from Silas after she walked away was pretty funny.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:54 PM

Of course! But if youre on the lido deck, dont get suckered into a shuffleboard game with BestAuntEver.  Shes a shuffleboard shark.

Hee, I can only sit & read a book by the pool for so long.

I'm not sure how much history, actions or POVs are suppose to mean on Ron's GH. Obviously he doesn't want you to take his plot points seriously. Robin wasn't tortured. She was at a spa with 3 meals & a cot. Let's make Liesel CoS. Franco good. Julian evil. Sonny good. Suckbrina perfect.

Too often characters are upset & angry at others for no reason or not upset, hurt, or angry at those they should be. You will get a headache trying to make sense of it.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:00 PM

I don't blame anyone for not thinking anything of Luke going missing. Luke always goes missing. And really. All of their lives would be better if he never came back.

I enjoyed today's show. Ava had nice hair, Morgan/Ava, Anna and Nathan, and I can't help it, Obrecht laying down the law to everyone is making me giggle. Nik also seems to have gotten a haircut. No Kiki or Franco or Sabrina. This is like a B+ episode for me.

Cobalt Stargazer

Cobalt Stargazer

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:15 PM

nobody could guess what a horrible secret Britt and Dr. O are keeping.  Britt is truly selfish, pathetic and cruel (last part - re: Lulu and Dante).

No, no, Britt is totes awesome! It's completely cool to withhold a secret about a baby's actual parentage, no matter how much the parents in question would love and take care of the baby. If your lover was still pining over his (not) dead wife while sleeping with you, though, you'd better admit the baby is his or else you're dirt.

TarHeelTeacher

TarHeelTeacher

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:18 PM

I like Brad more than Felix and Parry Shen is delightful on twitter, so I am Team Lurad or whatever their squish name is if they have one. What is Lucas's job? Is he a doctor? Have they ever said?

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:36 PM

A scenario where Brad would want to be with Felix over Lucas would probably be the most unrealistic thing Ron Carlivati has ever written...and that's saying something.

Truer words. I mean really. HONESTLY. FOR REAL THOUGH.

If I were Sonny, I wouldn't look for Carly either, to be fair to him.

LOL but good point. I mean it's Carly. I'm not gonna blame Sonny for not giving a shit.

I enjoyed today's show. Ava had nice hair, Morgan/Ava, Anna and Nathan, and I can't help it, Obrecht laying down the law to everyone is making me giggle. Nik also seems to have gotten a haircut. No Kiki or Franco or Sabrina. This is like a B+ episode for me.

This! But I might even go A- because Lucas!

RyCa went for it with that Lucas/Brad kiss! I am loving everything he's doing with Lucas so much so far. I dread the day when Lucas gets fucked over.

I sorta love Nathan. He's just so cute and dumb. He should definitely have that affair with Anna ASAP. I loved her face when she decided to give him one more week. Give me Anna/Nathan already dammit!

ETA: TarHeelTeacher, I'm pretty sure Lucas is a doctor.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:38 PM.

Happyshooter

Happyshooter

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:37 PM

There was more foundation for that big gay kiss than for any of the love matches the 6 months, including Sabrina/Patrick and Brik.

However, Ron did not lay a foundation for Felix to be the third leg of the triangle.

Sake614

Sake614

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:39 PM

Did sonny actually tell Morgan that he's learned to control his anger??? Tell that to the barware he smashes at every turn lol!

Box305

Box305

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:43 PM

Did sonny actually tell Morgan that he's learned to control his anger??? Tell that to the barware he smashes at every turn lol! 

He controls his anger by whisperscreaming. 

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

Did sonny actually tell Morgan that he's learned to control his anger?

That was the UCG line of the day.  I did a spit-take.

Sake614

Sake614

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:32 PM

Brad + Lucas = bracas? Lubra?

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:33 PM

So has Ronnie taken to twitter to explain how Brad and Lucas know each other? I think Dr. O knows something about Nina and Silas' involvement in whatever happened to her. I think she also knows that Nathan is their son, and the reason she knows all this is because Nina's father is her comrade-in-crazy Victor Cassadine. I know Anna said the WSB is a male, but has she or Robert dropped his name?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:35 PM

But given that Sonny still gets crap for involving youngsters like Stone and Jason into his life, how exactly is Julian any better?)

For one thing, Morgan isn't underaged. I don't know how old Jason was, though, when he entered the bidness, but Stone wasn't over 18, I don't think. So that's a big black mark against Sonny. And Morgan willingly went to Julian and begged to be taken in. That counts against him, not Julian.

norahs99

norahs99

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:36 PM

I understand that there's an automatic "anyone who goes against Sonny is automatically awesome" mentality, but Julian is no better than Sonny.

The XZFactor, I'll admit to a tendency in this direction, but it's because there is no balance on this show when it comes to Saint Sonny.  Sure, Julian is not a good guy.  But all the Sonny supporters on the show go on and on about how cowardly Julian is to 'hide behind Danny,' because otherwise Sonny would kill him.  How does that make any sense?  Does Sonny have a special murder dispensation granted to him by some unseen deity, allowing him to end the life of anyone he doesn't like?  Sonny has flat out said he would kill Julian but for the bone marrow, and NOT ONE PERSON SAID THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!  Sonny also oh-so generously 'allows' AJ to live because Sonny is certain that AJ killed Connie.  Again, no one seems to think there's anything wrong with that!

So as long as the show continues to try to make Sonny the arbiter of who lives and who dies on this show, I'll have no problem with my Julian support. 

TarHeelTeacher

TarHeelTeacher

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 7:44 PM

Brad + Lucas = bracas? Lubra?

Lubra has a certain giggle factor to it for me

I swear when we get lines like the one from Sonny to Morgan about controlling his anger, I think we're being punked.