General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

244899 replies to this topic

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

Thanks, Ulkis, I must have missed that scene.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:43 PM

I really do not want baby Ben to belong to Lulu and Dante.  Dante yes, he needs to get out of Looloo land and I think he and Britt could be interesting, especially with Nik in the mix.  But, I can't stand the idea that pouty screechy little LooLoo gets a baby in the end.  She needs to go comatose like her mother and be a wig on a stick jr.

ha, I would feel like that too, except I'd still like them to have a baby just in case we ever get a Lulu who isn't bland as heck, and for whenever Lucky gets back (damn it, he has to come back someday, in whatever incarnation), and Lucky and Dante can take baby Ben (and Aidan and Cam and Spencer) camping, heh.

ugh, too many boys in the Spencadine family if in fact Ben is Lante's . . . Aidan so should have been a girl. Stupid Guza (Becky Herbst and JJ wanted Aiden to be a girl and Guza nixed it because "they didn't have a boy yet." ugh.)

Edited by Ulkis, Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:45 PM.

Francie N.

Francie N.

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

Derek: Start from the beginning.

Alexis: Well, I was 16 years old and I met this guy.  

You go spinning that tale, girlfriend. Fake it 'til they take it (as the truth).  I know you were really were 25 when you walked into that bar that night. Maybe about to leave your Ivy League hamlet for New York City to start your legal career and you were going to make damn sure you weren't pegged as the awkward, frigid, ice queen virgin? But yet so awkward that it was 16-year-old Julian, sneaking out of neighboring prep school with a fake id and a killer smile, who approached you and, errr, romanced you. It's the only way the story makes sense.  Okay, continue.

Anna:  How's this for karma? Britt Westbourne's baby was kidnapped.

Yo, Anna. I love you. I adore you. Worship the ground you walk on. I wanted to be you when I was growing up.  That ain't karma.  That's just being a straight up bitch. Knock it off. You're 1,000 times better than that. We're just gonna pretend that comment never happened, 'k?

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 4:50 PM

I want Baby Ben to be Dante's and Brits but I think it's Lantes but Brit might not know that. She seems to be acting as if the child is her with no guilt of it might not being hers at all.

BeetFarmGirl

BeetFarmGirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:05 PM

Kristen seemed sleepy for some reason, to me, or maybe just very tired, but she appeared, imo, to just be over everything.

or maybe in her condition, she isn't thrilled to be having conversations about dead babies, or losing babies or giving up babies.

But I totally agree that she looks so much better with a little baby weight.

curlyblackeggs

curlyblackeggs

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:14 PM

I actually watched yesterday after reading here. I wanted to slap Olivia every time she would say "church" to Brad. Shut the hell up.

This cracked me up, because I watch with my very religious, Italian-American mother and she pretty much did what Olivia was doing x3.

Edited by curlyblackeggs, Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:20 PM.

Bringonthedrama

Bringonthedrama

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:28 PM

Kirsten is in her second trimester I think, while on-screen Maxie is confessing about a miscarriage, and saying she is giving up her daughter to Lulu and Dante. It makes total sense that she looks tired and seemed emotionally uneasy at acting this part of the storyline - like someone trying not to move or make any noise so as not to be seen. Maybe it would be different if she got to act w/JMB in these scenes, who knows. KSt and JMB had acted together for years before DZ got cast. Maxie just looked tired and defeated when she turned to embrace Spinelli. I'll be interested to see how she reacts to Robin's return.

I got the impression both Patrick and Sabrina know it should be over between them, but are telling themselves 'Hey removing the ring means she's not really a babysitter with benefits. We are going somewhere. We are totally not in denial.'

Bavct

Bavct

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:30 PM

Why does Alexis continue with this ridiculous hyperventilating, unsure, twitchy crap around every new guy she meets?  Yeah, I know what she is trying to do but FFS she is way too old for this crap and I'm way too old to continue to be embarassed for her and I'm tired of FFing the yummy Julian/Derek because of it.  Enough already, the note is played out.

SoMuchWhatever

SoMuchWhatever

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 5:56 PM

It's weird how everyone keeps acting like Julian is the most BIZZARE, UNUSUAL name in all the world.

And yet "Kiki" is apparently common among people who AREN'T singing duets with Elton John. Go figure.

Loved Alexis' mobster kid lament. Too funny.

KS and DZ were stunning good today. ER was OK, and BA just really didn't have much to do but react, did he? That said, I felt like the biggest strength in those scenes today was listening and knowing there wasn't one side or another I identified with more. If nothing else, they successfully told both sides of the story in a sympathetic way so that you felt for all four parties.

I want to hire Jerry Jacks for all of my future exposition needs. He's hilarious. And I was about to pee myself laughing at the "Hola, Sabrina." Hee!

Blackie

Blackie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

I know that is a bit off-topic, but, Kirsten Storms is just gorgeous with her weight gain from her real life pregnancy. She is absolutely stunning

i agree, at first she was puffy but not that it has settled in she looks fantastic.

I thought Dante and Maxie hit the right notes.  I think Lulu was too "angry", I think the first emotion would have been shock and then extreme grief at learning that "her" baby died in the miscarriage and that she might lose this baby she loves now too. I think anger would come but it seemed too early for her to be angry right now, I would have liked to see more profound shock and grief.  But heh the over dramatical screaming and face slapping wins over.

Line of the day goe to Robin:  "Richard Simmons  ??"  insert the WTF?  yes we were all thinking that Robin.

Why should Robin be mad a Patrick for moving on after a year and a half of thinking she was dead? She  should be mad that he "almost" made a baby with someone after having unprotected sex.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 6:45 PM

We're just gonna pretend that comment never happened, 'k?

Yeah, that seemed a bit OOC to me for Anna. It's not Ben's fault who his parents are, and to use a baby against his mom is a bit much. Anna isn't Dr. O.

I got the impression both Patrick and Sabrina know it should be over between them, but are telling themselves 'Hey removing the ring means she's not really a babysitter with benefits. We are going somewhere. We are totally not in denial.'

Patrick won't end anything unless he's forced to. Sabrina will hang on until her fingernails get ripped out.

Why does Alexis continue with this ridiculous hyperventilating, unsure, twitchy crap around every new guy she meets?

Because successful professional women can't also be successful in love. They must be punished for taking away jobs from men.

I want to hire Jerry Jacks for all of my future exposition needs. He's hilarious. And I was about to pee myself laughing at the "Hola, Sabrina." Hee!

I know! And any day I can hear Sebastian Roche say "darling" is a good day.

WTF did Maxie expect? And Lulu and Dante are idiots to want to get the baby back. 

Ugh, tomorrow. Two couples I despise are featured.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 6:48 PM

Dante's "Disappoint us? This wasn't watering a plant when we were away!" isn't Bianca Montgomery's immortal smackdown "Because babies are like purses??" But it's a close a second.  This story made me give a damn about about Dante and today I thought he hit all the right notes and was very good. I'm still not sure how I feel about Lulu's reaction, I may need to rewatch.

I love KMK's face after Richard Simmond's name came up. I don't know how either she or SR kept a straight face. Do you think after they stood around talking "so glad we weren't aren't for that shit, huh?"

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 6:50 PM

Line of the day goe to Robin:  "Richard Simmons  ??"  insert the WTF?  yes we were all thinking that Robin.

That was hilarious. I can't wait for Robin to get back to town so Scrubs can kick Sabrina to the curb. Jerry gives great exposition.

Liking Alexis and Julian/Derek. Add Anna/Duke and Brik and it was a pretty good show. Unfortunately, the lack of punch to the baby reveal (mainly by Lulu, I thought Dante was pretty good) and the ever present moronic pretty princess detracted. Just stop it, Ron. Stop trying to shove her down our throats.

lencidoll

lencidoll

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

My opinion of Dante just shot way up.  Finally, someone who says the obvious, there's something wrong with Spinelli for letting Maxie give away their child. Dante and Lulu absolutely had the right to know their baby died. Maxie deserved that slap.

TouchNotTheCat

TouchNotTheCat

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 7:41 PM

They made Julian Jerome a Dartmouth grad. Ugh.

They just had to go and besmirch the old alma mater like that, didn't they? Thanks, show.

Well, it could have been worse. They could have transferred Kristina there.

Anyway, as I've said more than once, I've never been a Robin fan, but I thought Jerry cranked the cruelty meter up to 12 by showing her that video, knowing what was on it. I felt sorry for her.

KMc did a fine acting job, but she wasn't as fazed by Sabrina and Patrick as I would have thought.

Speaking of Sabrina, as I fear I must, I've decided I really don't like the way the actress plays the character, not just the character herself (although goodness knows that is enough in and of itself). Her mannerisms annoy me. The way, for instance, she stands with her hands in her jeans pockets and her knee slightly bent. As in, this is me, having a relaxed yet honest heart-to-heart conversation with Patrick.

Change the channel and let's hear a different tune, TCa.

It probably doesn't matter to the compost heap the baby switch story has become, but I have to admit that it irritates me that Lante instantly assumed that Spinelli was innocent and in the dark for 90% of the time. Even Dante asking what Maxie did to *make* him go along with her. Now, she's not Maxie anymore, she's an evil succubus.

Maxie kept the secret for longer, but Spinelli became just as guilty when he found out and decided not to say anything.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 7:45 PM

Today was excellent, aside from the Purina boring non-break-up. They totally destroyed the momentum of the show. That said, I'd still rather watch an hour of them rather than 30 seconds of Mi-kaka.

Cannot wait for Robert. F!ing. Scorpio.

DonnyKetchum

DonnyKetchum

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 7:56 PM

Yo, Anna. I love you. I adore you. Worship the ground you walk on. I wanted to be you when I was growing up.  That ain't karma.  That's just being a straight up bitch. Knock it off. You're 1,000 times better than that. We're just gonna pretend that comment never happened, 'k?

Yeah, I don't know why she said "karma."  If nothing else, the word she should've used was "irony."

KMc did a fine acting job, but she wasn't as fazed by Sabrina and Patrick as I would have thought.

To be fair, I think it's because Robin knows that she can't be really be angry at either one of them since they both think she's dead.  It's only natural that Patrick would eventually move on because he thinks she's gone.

kelly28rn

kelly28rn

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

I know that is a bit off-topic, but, Kirsten Storms is just gorgeous with her weight gain from her real life pregnancy. She is absolutely stunning

I did not know she's pregnant.  I actually thought she got implants.

ch1

ch1

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

New promo that's both AWESOME and AWFUL.  I think you'll be able to figure out which is which...

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Really?  Really?  The only other thing in the promo that is all about Robin's story is f'g Michael and Starr (let's be honest - that's who she is)?   Are you kidding me?  And really I'm supposed to see these two banging as good news?   I just can't even. 

And yeah for Robert.  The only thing that I will actually care about on this show until I get my AJ back (and when is he coming back? Sometime this year?  Can KA disappear for two months?  AJ needs to come back just to make Michael tolerable because Kiki sure isn't making him that way.

TouchNotTheCat

TouchNotTheCat

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

See, I have to disagree that Starr and Kiki are one and the same. As someone posted a few pages back, Starr was actual person. Fictional, true, but three dimensional and well-developed. She had a whole family and interests and dreams and friends. Kiki has no personality; there's nothing on the page.

The speech where she ranted about thinking her mother was so cool growing up was the most we've heard about Kiki in forever. Granted, the character doesn't have Starr's years of history, but more should be known about her, at this point. She's been on for months.

Of course, knowing more about Kiki won't make her more likeable, necessarily, but it should still be done.

Starr wasn't a good fit on GH, in my opinion, but she was a whole person, as a character. Kiki is just a foil.

Box305

Box305

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

I could not keep my eyes off of  her during her confrontation scenes with Dante and Fulu...Those scenes were horrible due to Fulu's dialogue....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how truly awful that dialogue was. I was actually rolling my eyes at what she was saying most of the time. 

Yeah, I don't know why she said "karma."  If nothing else, the word she should've used was "irony."

I know why she used the word karma and not irony! Because the writers are awful! (For the most part.)

Edited by Box305, Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:33 PM.

Blackie

Blackie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:29 PM

I actually thought she got implants

Cheek implants? 

TarHeelTeacher

TarHeelTeacher

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:43 PM

I really don't want Lante to ever have a baby. Ever. The potential obnoxiousness of a child with Luke and Sonny's DNA scares me.

I actually squeed with JuDe and Alexis.

Anna has sucked since she hooked up with Duke in the late 80s. Hate him and I always have.

Love Sebastian Roche so much and will never, ever root against Jerry because of that love.

Edited by TarHeelTeacher, Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:43 PM.

tam1MI

tam1MI

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

This might be unpopular, but I'm glad that someone like Anna finally questioned why Patrick is still wearing his wedding ring. Carlos' intentions are at best suspect, but Anna has no ulterior motive in asking the question. Sabrina might be a drip, but she's a drip with genuine feelings for the man, and if he can't truly return them he shouldn't be sleeping with her under false pretenses. I'm not even saying he's a terrible person, but he *is* leading her on, and I'd like to see that come to an end.

Looked at objectively, Patrick's actions are pretty heinous.  Really, he's no different from Sonny in regards to the fact that he seems to have this need to have a bedwarmer at all times.  If Patrick had been up front and honest with both Sabrina and Britt about what he wanted - i.e., no strings sex - that might be one thing, but it's becoming clear that, either consciously or unconsciously, he's just using Sabrina to get an easy fuck with a reliable babysitting service on the side.  I'd like to see Sabrina realize this, call Patrick out on it, and dump him, but, alas, women aren't allowed to have self-esteem on GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Irony: Dr. O has been the center of a reign of terror in which she tries to kill Robert and Duke, performs unethical experiments on patients, holds Robin prisoner for over a year while her family mourns her "death", and helps countless villains and evil-doers cheat death and/or the law, but most viewers seem to cheer her efforts.  But she starts making some fat jokes and people suddenly want her head on a platter.

Wear a fierce hat and all is forgiven.

Here's the thing about Ron Carlivati's GH -- there isn't one fucking moment that he's helmed that's memorable.  Not one moment that will have commentators or Paley panelists down the line say:  "I remember that moment so well" or "I loved that moment."

The Death of Edward Quartermaine.

10 years ago today, GH viewers met Sam McCall for the first time. Congratulations, Kelly! :)

I think she deserves special kudos because when she was first on the show, she got a pack of haters on her ass similar to what TC is enduring now.  (I remember when the sarcastic, "Well?  Do you love her yet?" was the put-down du jour for her) But she never let the assholes get to her, she kept showing up and doing good work, and she earned herself a place on the show.  Kudos!

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

I know that is a bit off-topic, but, Kirsten Storms is just gorgeous with her weight gain from her real life pregnancy. She is absolutely stunning.

Kirsten Storms allegedly has suffered through drug addiction and eating disorders in addition to her endometresis, which likely sapped her looks...she was pretty stunning as Belle on DOOL, too. I think this is the healthiest we've seen her on GH.

See, I have to disagree that Starr and Kiki are one and the same. As someone posted a few pages back, Starr was actual person. Fictional, true, but three dimensional and well-developed. She had a whole family and interests and dreams and friends. Kiki has no personality; there's nothing on the page.

Wasn't KiKi supposed to be a Vassar student? Has there been any kind of explaination why she's refused to show up for her junior or senior year at her VERY prestigious college? I mean, seriously.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Here's the thing about Ron Carlivati's GH -- there isn't one fucking moment that he's helmed that's memorable.  Not one moment that will have commentators or Paley panelists down the line say:  "I remember that moment so well" or "I loved that moment."

I bitch a lot of about Ron Carlivati's GH, but I'm still enjoying it a lot more than Bob Guza's GH, with its variations on mob wars and "Clink Boom" every sweeps period.

And we'll always have the Face-On mask.

ETA..uh oh, looking again at tomorrow's preview, it appears Michael and Kiki are wearing the same clothes they are in the promo.  You guys...I'm scared.

Edited by TeeVee329, Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:12 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I really do not want baby Ben to belong to Lulu and Dante.  Dante yes, he needs to get out of Looloo land and I think he and Britt could be interesting, especially with Nik in the mix.  But, I can't stand the idea that pouty screechy little LooLoo gets a baby in the end.

I would be so icked out by Britt/Dante if that baby is a Britt/Dante baby, because that's pretty much on par with sexual assault, imo, impregnating yourself with someone's sperm behind their back like that. 

Bringonthedrama

Bringonthedrama

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:23 PM

Actually I think we're supposed to see shades of that nurse Layla (who died on-screen) in Sabrina. That character was also foreign-born, with long dark hair and perfect skin, intelligent, committed to nursing, and believed herself to be in love with Patrick. Patrick had an affair with her, on the re-bound while he and Robin were broken up. (Robin wanted to have a baby.)  Patrick was still in love with Robin, and Layla was good for his ego when he was feeling like crap, emotionally speaking. Eventually she got over Patrick and got engaged to some guy, but shortly after she died during a hospital crisis. 

I think on the surface Patrick decided to get involved with Sabrina because Emma is attached to her and he wanted to make her happy after losing her mother. Deep down, I think he got involved with Sabrina because his heart is still raw from losing Robin, and this girl is young and so "kind," sweet, etc. that he figures she doesn't have it in her to hurt him or Emma like Britt did by lying about her baby.  It seems like he's actively talking himself into loving Sabrina because he wants someone around who's good for him and for Emma.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:28 PM

Patrick should date outside the hospital. Why does he get to choose only doctors or nurses?

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2013 @ 9:39 PM

I really don't want Lante to ever have a baby. Ever. The potential obnoxiousness of a child with Luke andSonny's DNA scares me.

We already have two people with combined Sonny and Luke DNA: Michael and Morgan. So that explains that I guess, heh.