General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

245013 replies to this topic

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

Is today's GH even worth watching or should I save myself getting more annoyed and just stick to what I've read here about today?

I've been expecting Lulu to end up pregnant since they found her on the boat. I'd be surprised if it turns out they don't go down that road.

I absolutely hated the fact that Bianca on AMC was raped, and always will. But looking back, at least half the town tried to take credit for killing that sick bastard, and at least the Bianca/Kendall relationship came out of that. It was offensive but it wasn't anywhere near the level of being a terrible joke like just about every rape story I've seen on soaps since. In a way I'd like to know the number of rape stories RC has had a hand in, but at the same time I think I'm a little afraid to know the actual number.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 7:41 PM

I'm reading some twitter replies from RC and does he seriously think Lulu wasn't raped? WTF. Pretty sure "sleep with me or I will kill your whole family"(paraphrased) is considered rape. smh.

Dear God, this is going to be another rapemance where we are told how we the viewer are "stupidly misunderstanding" what we are seeing with our own eyes &
hearing with our ears, while being berated for not getting "Ron's" vision.

I am getting my passport, bags, nook & hitting the deck on the barge with strawberry margarita for a while. This could get a lot uglier once Ron digs his heals in.

hcs

hcs

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

There is a poster hanging in the lobby of one of the university buildings where I work of a woman who is passed out drunk and under it the slogan if She can't say yes or no it's still rape someone desperately need to show it to Ron.. It is 2013 if a someone is coerced into thinking she is having sex against her will for any reason other than she wants to have sex.. It is rape.

I can't believe that after all the controversy he has endured over this issue he still refuses to learn and why no one stops him.

natalie wood

natalie wood

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

I am so not in the mood b/c honestly Ron has filled me with rage. As so many have stated there is nothing about rape that can be played as camp. It's a violent crime and obviously the majority of the posters here find what Ron is doing reprehensible. There was so much wrong today on so many levels. I just wonder how many of us here realize that on that boat were four - four people who had been raped or abused in one way or another. Carly, Liz, Sam, and Michael are all victims. Laura, Lesley, Monica, and Kate are all survivors of rape. All of these are characters that are currently on GH whether it's recurring or contract. That Ron chooses this particular crime so often is beyond the pale. Rape is a crime that fills the victim with shame and they feel powerless. Yet Ron in his infinite wisdom believes that he can counter knowledge that is well documented shows just how much of a pompous prick he really is.

I stated earlier that I wasn't going to watch any more of Ron's motherfuckingbullshit. I hate that there is a possibility GH could be cancelled but I just can't support a writer who denigrates and demeans women and says it's romance. I was never a fan of Luke and Laura and I can't watch Ron do this, yet again. I watched OLTL, too. The only way Ron will stop is if he loses viewers. Well count me as a lost viewer. I'll keep reading hoping things will change and I'll know I can watch, again. C'est la vie at least for me.

EvaAfta

EvaAfta

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Is today's GH even worth watching or should I save myself getting more annoyed and just stick to what I've read here about today?

To help you, answer this questionnaire:

1.  If you read about the rape in Steubenville, did you think: 

a. That's horrible!

b. That would make an awesome tv movie!

If you answered a. Stop. Do not watch today's GH.  If you answered b, proceed to the next question.

2. Do you like your drama:

a. Touching and heart-warming

b. Heart-stopping thrilling

c. Aspiring to camp

If you answered c, please continue. If not, please find something touching or thrilling to watch.

3.  Is your tolerance for pain:

a. Low to average

b. Average to high

c. So high it touches the sky baby.

If you answered c, you might enjoy today's GH.

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Well, geez.  Between the Sam reveal, the Lulu/Stavros wedding and Carly calling out Michael, it was "Rape Wednesday" on GH today.  Sick...

I have to admit, I find the Franco stuff fascinating thus far.  Maybe I can appreciate Franco's sick weirdness when it isn't solely wrapped around Jason.  Poor AJ is about to blow a gasket when he finds out what happens to Michael.  I can't believe Carly just called out that something happened to Michael in front of that whole group.  Surely, some or a lot of those people don't know.  His own bio-dad doesn't.  It had to humiliate Michael a little to have his tragic history be put out there like that.

Ugh the Stavros/Lulu stuff is pretty sick.  That is totally rape what happened to her.  I hope Dante doesn't give her crap for that (like it possibly looks in the preview).  She never willingly would have gone to Stavros, if she went through with it, it's because she felt she had not other choice and was trapped.

Ava/Kiki--don't care

Luke/Tracy--clearly leading to TG's next vacation...

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

Ugh the Stavros/Lulu stuff is pretty sick.  That is totally rape what happened to her.  I hope Dante doesn't give her crap for that (like it possibly looks in the preview). 

If he does, that is such bullshit. Dante, as he has been portrayed from his debut episode until today, would NEVER give Lulu crap about that, ever. If he does, oh well, destruction of my favorite character is just one more reason that I'm not watching.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

This could get a lot uglier once Ron digs his heals in.

The only way Ron will stop is if he loses viewers.

This is exactly what I mean.  When it comes down to fans vs show-runners, the fans lose every time.  Just ask Guza, Pratt and Wolfe.  Maybe the fans who believe its time for GH to go over to Prospect Park are on to something.

EvaAfta

EvaAfta

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

So is the lesson of today's show that women who are raped while drugged or otherwise unconscious can't be a good witness as to whether a rape even happened?

Shouldn't each one of them be told, "Tru dat, you were out cold. How could you possibly remember what happened?"

No, that's not the lesson that should be drawn from today's show?

TouchNotTheCat

TouchNotTheCat

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:32 PM

Gigi43, just stick a pair of sharp needles in your arm three or four times. It will be far less painful and less time-consuming than watching today's show.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:37 PM

Hey Sonny, if drunkAJ hadn't driven and crashed and smashed JasonQ's brain, you wouldn't have had your Numba One Guy killer all these years.  You actually owe AJ two debts of gratitude, (1) providing you with Jason Morgan and (2) providing the sperm for Mykill. 

I keep waiting for the town to throw AJ a parade for blessing them all with the holy magnificence that was Jason Morgan. 

1. Roger Howarth just played a different significant character 2 months ago, unlike L. Charleson, C. Moore, Chad, Emme, etc.;

2. Michael Easton just played another character 2 months ago and plays a new character and his character supposedly does look just like the old character, so that Roger's two characters not looking alike is inconsistent with that; and

I hate myself for defending them right now, given that I'm still a little PTSD from watching rape-apalooza today, but I think that's kind of how they have to handle things when it comes to RH and KA.  I think their hands are pretty tied in terms of even referencing the OLTL characters, so they have to essentially pretend those characters never existed on the canvas, to a certain degree.  With ME, they're not referencing him resembling John, who they're forbidden to mention, but they are acknowledging his reference to Caleb/Stephen Clay, since those are characters GH/ABC has rights to and can mention to their heart's content.  

And on a show level, it's out of character for Lulu to say it was her choice to marry Stavros. Lulu is not a martyr, she would completely blame that shit on Stavros.

Yeah, that bugged me, too.  Not only would Lulu not have even for second acted like there was a chance she was a willing bride, but when it comes to everything else going on onscreen, I don't even want a suggestion that "oh, she was willing, see, she even says she did this all willingly."  

I believe this is part of the reason why Roger Howarth originally left the role of Todd on OLTL because he was uncomfortable with this gang rapist being turned into a romantic lead.

Yep.  He was creeped out by things like women yelling "rape me, Todd" to him at fan events.  I think I said this on here yesterday, but I can't imagine RH being cool with playing another rapist character, unless he's been assured that the rape issues will all be cleared up.  Sadly, unless he got clarification on something like that, he's likely to be disappointed with Ron's version of "clearing up the rape issues."  Why they felt RH needed to play one of the more odiously obnoxious characters Guza forced on us is a mystery.  

Kiki and Ava (and, I must say, I thought Aldersen did a good job with those scenes) 

I was going to say the same thing - I thought KA was really good opposite MW today.  

I've been expecting Lulu to end up pregnant since they found her on the boat. I'd be surprised if it turns out they don't go down that road.

My assumption is we'll get at least one of Britt carrying a Lante baby (or two) or Lulu miracle pregnancy that isn't initially clear if Dante or Stavros is the father.  

Back to Franco, no one wants to see a violent rapist trying to do "did I rape you?" stand up comedy.  Please make it stop.  RH is good at the sarcastic quip stuff, but time and place, Ron.  Time and place. 

If we seriously get Dante blaming Lulu for being raped by Stavros, I'm storming Ron's offices.  Hell no.  

Kazzia

Kazzia

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 8:55 PM

Since I've always chosen to let myself believe that the tape Franco left for Jason was a fake out, today's reveal didn't surprise or upset me.  I don't even mind if they tell us tomorrow that Franco wasn't behind Michael's rape.  I agree it is lazy writing and while that is disappointing (as is wasting RH on a character like Franco - and I'm still hoping for a double reveal that he isn't Franco after all) it doesn't disturb me.  

What disturbs me is the direction Lulu's storyline seems to be headed.  Someone above noted that it reminds them of Ford/Jessica on OLTL but what it immediately reminded me of is EJ/Sami on Days.  Very similar circumstances, Sami was given the "choice" to "willingly have sex" with EJ or let Lucas die (oh and let's not forget that EJ had a gun the whole time that he had just minutes before threatened to kill her with).  Days played it for more than a year that Sami was raped and knew she was raped to suddenly in the space of one episode not only excusing what happened and forgiving her rapist but apologizing to him (for what I have no idea), admitting to having feelings for him and then having sex with him (consensual).  Ironically, it is Days' repeated attempts to sell that rapemance that led me to GH when I left Days after 25+ years of viewership because of that pairing and never looked back.  I thought the acting from ER & DZ in the Lulu/Dante scenes today was very well done, but I HATED the apologetic tone from Lulu throughout it.  I got the distinct impression that GH is trying to sell this as Lulu "had a choice"/"made a deal with Stavros" - the same loathsome BS that Days has been peddling since 2008 - the reason that I revel in that show's last place ratings and will celebrate on the day it is cancelled.  At least with GH I seriously doubt this will ever lead to Lulu "falling for" Stavros but still just because there are lower levels of depravity doesn't make this level acceptable.  

Edited by Kazzia, May 29, 2013 @ 8:57 PM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:03 PM

Everything's already been said. I am still in disbelief over how fucking disgusting that episode was. RC is truly damaged and he needs help. This is beyond.

I don't even like Dante a lot of the time but if they try to sell him blaming Lulu for what happened with Stavros then I will rage out again. There is no way in hell Dante would do that. 

I will say, I thought everyone in the Franco scenes did really great. They all looked just the right amount of disgusted by everything. But of course now we know Franco totes didn't rape Sam so I'm sure everyone will be like 'oh ok cool it's ok then' now.

I just, I'm ashamed that I even watch this show at this point, to be honest.

Edited by peachmangosteen, May 29, 2013 @ 9:03 PM.

PaperBagHead

PaperBagHead

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

This is a small thing to quibble over, but why are people (I guess I mean on twitter) so ragey that the people on the Haunted Star recognized Franco? It's a soap recast. Same as Emme as LuLu, Chad as Michael, everyone as Carly....etc, etc, etc.

EvaAfta

EvaAfta

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:10 PM

Retweet by Ron:

folks are acting like once Franco revealed he didn't rape Sam, she's like, "Girl I'm going to give him my phone #!" #GH

Out of everything, that may be the single offensive thing Ron's done today. How is that not the equivalent of being dismissive about people's objections to and feelings about rape? Who said that Sam was acting like she was even fine, let alone attracted to Franco?  What I see here is people objecting to the writing and Ron whitewashing Franco's past and making it fine. The characters aren't there yet, but we're not idiots, and we see what Ron is laying the groundwork in doing.

But he's attacking the criticizers. He's barely one step away from blaming the victim, if you ask me.  He's certainly turning around their outrage back on them.

I'm to the point where I may do something I've never done before.  Write to a television network. If Ron Carlivati isn't fired over this, I'm not just done with watching General Hospital. I'm done with watching ABC. His attitude about rape and people's feelings about rape is reprehensible.

Edited by EvaAfta, May 29, 2013 @ 9:12 PM.

PurpleCat

PurpleCat

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

I hope that Lulu ran into the freezer before she could be raped. Dante doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd blame his wife for getting raped.

This Franco-Todd, Kiki Quartermaine, and vampire brother stuff is confusing for me as a part time viewer.   Somebody needs to check "Franco's" face for a rubber mask after the Duke-Faison mess.  Is the only  proof is there that Kiki is really a Quartermaine from her grifter mother?  Please like Tracey would trust her.

TouchNotTheCat

TouchNotTheCat

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

I go back and forth with Lulu blaming herself. Sometimes, she is really fiesty but there have been times where's she's turned in on herself and beaten herself up over things. I think I'm thinking about that time not too long ago when she was fighting with Dante a lot and blaming herself with, oh, woe is me, maybe I'm not cut out to be married. I'm also calling back to a couple of summers ago (the brothel summer) when she gave out the vibe that if she were more something (or Lucky) Lume would stay put.

That was just the way Berman was playing it, plus the uneven writing for Lulu the last few years. But, I guess I'm saying I could see her going either way with the blame.

The most Spencer thing would be for her to blame Stavros ultimately because he started the whole thing, but kick herself for not figuring a way out of the situation, like a real Spencer would. I don't think we'll get anything nuanced like that, though.

Truthfully, I would buy Dante blaming her for going through with sleeping with Stavros. He'll probably apologize later, but I can see it as his first reaction. I don't think much of Dante, so that's probably where a lot of my pessimism is coming from.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

The only thing that will get Carlivati and/or Valentini fired is if the numbers continue to sink. The ratings have been steadily sinking for weeks and I believe the.ratings from last week and this week will show things in free fall. The numbers for View and Chew have been even worse the last few months so ABC has some though decisions to make.

sashabear21

sashabear21

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Ron needs to be hit in the face repeatedly with a box full of rape awareness pamphlets after that episode! Towards the end of the episode I just started focusing on the giant bowls of apples on Lulu and Dante's table asking, "Why do they have that many apples? Do they really like apples so much they're going to eat them all before they go bad?". That was all I could focus on because the rest was so awful, although I did like Carly of all people protecting Sam.  I think I need a shower now, and also I hope AJ goes batshit on everyone tomorrow when he finds out what happened to Michael.  As big of a shit mess as that story was, Michael gets to own that box of pain as it did happen to him, and AJ gets to be pissed off at every one of those idiots that took him out of play as a father by force and made the worst possible decisions for that child.  If that happens, I may be able to stomach the show for one more day. As it stands right now, I'm about done. 

mybabyaidan

mybabyaidan

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:32 PM

The only way I would even consider giving Ron a slight pat on the back is if he chooses to delve a little more into the psychology involved in Sam believing she was raped for over a year.   It's a question I asked last year when we were debating if Sam was indeed raped.   Obviously it's a little better to KNOW it really didn't happen, but she has spent so many months traumatized and her life was completely turned upside down because of it.  She believed she WAS raped...so what now?  She may have not been physically raped (even though Franco carrying her naked to her bed, and laying on top of her to whisper creepy shit in her ear is seriously gross too) but she was definitely psychologically raped.  So what is she supposed to do with that?   I highly doubt they will even go there, and if they do, I don't really have faith that it will be done in a thoughtful and thought provoking way. 

And yeah Carly definitely sucks for blurting out Michael's business.  Sam brought hers up first, and even though hers was public knowledge, it still wouldn't have been cool for anyone else to bring that up.  But I did appreciate the ways that Carly placed herself in between Franco and Sam a few times.  Sonny too.  And I also liked how Spinelli almost tried to attack Franco for Sam.  I know he definitely couldn't have taken him, but it was a sweet gesture.  I have always liked the Sam/Spin friendship.

ETA:  I also liked Mikey when he told Franco not to even say Danny's name.

Edited by mybabyaidan, May 29, 2013 @ 10:37 PM.

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:46 PM

I liked Carly comforting Sam too. I hate Carly but I did enjoy her with Sam today.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:46 PM

Truthfully, I would buy Dante blaming her for going through with sleeping with Stavros. He'll probably apologize later, but I can see it as his first reaction. I don't think much of Dante, so that's probably where a lot of my pessimism is coming from.

Why though? When has he ever blamed Lulu for anything? He didn't even get mad at her that time she lied on their adoption papers and messed that up for them, when it was partly, actually her fault. Or during the brothel when she put them both in danger even though he repeatedly begged her to go home. I'm biased, but honestly I think it would be out of character for ANY of the characters to blame their significant others if if they were in Lulu's situation. Not even Sonny would do that.

The most Spencer thing would be for her to blame Stavros ultimately because he started the whole thing, but kick herself for not figuring a way out of the situation, like a real Spencer would. I don't think we'll get anything nuanced like that, though.

Yes, that is how she would react probably. Or blame herself for not taking the threat to herself seriously (the Ice Princess sent to her) in the first place.

re: blaming herself for Luke not staying home during the awful brothel storyline, she blamed Lucky more than she blamed herself. Lulu is self-centered, she doesn't mind sharing blame, ever, heh. Same when she and Dante were fighting over the Haunted Star last year, she didn't say, "oh it's all my fault I don't know how to be a wife" she said "we're fighting all the time maybe we just aren't meant to last, I don't know how to be a wife, and you're smothering me."

This is a small thing to quibble over, but why are people (I guess I mean on twitter) so ragey that the people on the Haunted Star recognized Franco? It's a soap recast. Same as Emme as LuLu, Chad as Michael, everyone as Carly....etc, etc, etc.

I think it's because he dyed his hair maybe? Like, if you're gonna play a recast Franco, why would he dye his hair blonde? It's weird and confusing.

I got the distinct impression that GH is trying to sell this as Lulu "had a choice"/"made a deal with Stavros" - the same loathsome BS that Days has been peddling since 2008

I think they are trying to make as much the same as possible to Laura's situation, that she "made a choice" to sleep with Stavros, except even that's not the same, because Laura's situation was not quite the same. Her choice was be his wife in everyway possible and having the freedom of the grounds v being confined to her room, which is still rape and coercion but being confined to her room is less of a threat than "or I'll kill everyone you love."

My assumption is we'll get at least one of Britt carrying a Lante baby (or two) or Lulu miracle pregnancy that isn't initially clear if Dante or Stavros is the father.  

You guys were not kidding about him being Re-ron. Cause we didn't get the "am I carrying my rapist's baby" story just friggin' last year.

Edited by Ulkis, May 29, 2013 @ 10:05 PM.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

Ulkis, didn't Snarly blame Jax for being raped by Jerry's ex crazy girlfriend.

I still lay the blame for Michael's rape at Sonny's feet. IIRC, Jason brokered a deal with AZ to have AZ use his men to keep Michael safe at Pentonville but Sonny had a hissy fit over something and called the deal off. Typical Sonny, the bizness is more important than his son.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 10:39 PM

Is the only  proof is there that Kiki is really a Quartermaine from her grifter mother?  Please like Tracey would trust her.

That keeps bugging me, too.  Tracy's going to hand over the money without some assurance that this is really a Q heir?  Wouldn't she want a DNA test first?  I could see her giving a partial payment up front to keep Kiki hidden from AJ until the test comes through.  As it is, I'm guessing Kiki's going to spill her parentage to Morgan and Michael and Michael's going to help AJ get her on their side. 

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

If he does, that is such bullshit. Dante, as he has been portrayed from his debut episode until today, would NEVER give Lulu crap about that, ever. If he does, oh well, destruction of my favorite character is just one more reason that I'm not watching.

Amen to this, Ulkis. That to me would practically be character assassination. Dante has always been portrayed as one of the good guys, and to see that happen would just ruin him. I couldn't see him the same anymore.

Well, it's been a while since I tuned in. I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm/excitement/stamina/energy to watch most of the last few weeks. I did watch Friday's episode, but I still need to watch yesterday and today (although it might send me to the hospital with rising blood pressure). If Sam wasn't involved, I don't think I would torture myself so much but I am interested to see how she reacts and how KeMo plays it.

I can't say anything else that hasn't already been said and much better by others.

TouchNotTheCat

TouchNotTheCat

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 11:11 PM

There are definitely some GH characters who would blame their spouses for getting raped because they have. In addition to the just-mentioned Carly and Jax example, there's the example of Luke and Laura back in the 90's (whatever year it was) when Nik came onto the scene and Luke found out the extent of Laura's involvement with Stavros. I'm sure, up until then, he'd imagined her kicking, screaming and scheming to escape every second and you could tell he was horrified and disgusted with her for making any kind of peaceful accord with him. I don't recall everything he said, but his sentiments were pretty clear on his face. Of course, that was back when Geary cared enough to show up for his scenes, so he didn't have to say everything to express himself.

As for Dante, it's true that he didn't give Lulu grief even when he could have (and, in my opinion, should have) like during the brothel summer and with the adoption papers. But, with him, I feel that he strongly lives up to his superego, the image of the good guy he's supposed to be and, for the most part, wants to be. I think -- and always have thought -- that darker potential lurks underneath, though. I also think he's more old-fashioned and sexist in a lot of ways than he likes to admit or show because he knows it's not "politically correct".

I can't rattle off specific things he's said. It's just throwaway lines here and there, over the years. Plus, as I said, it's really just subjective, when it comes right down to it. I don't usually give Dante the benefit of the doubt because I don't particularly care for him.

stlbf

stlbf

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 11:19 PM

Ulkis, didn't Snarly blame Jax for being raped by Jerry's ex crazy girlfriend.

I think that it was even better than that. Snarly actually said that Jax really CHEATED on her with Irina. And I do believe that she insisted that he APOLOGIZE to her for his betrayal! I seem to recall Jason and Snarly giggling over it at one point.

Honestly, I don't care how much chemistry Jax and Carly supposedly had. The very thought of them ever being a couple is just wrong. Jax lost his unborn baby with Liz thanks to Carly's road skills. Then he was sucked further into the Spencer/John stupidity thanks to Carly. Carly was always her bitch delusional self and Jax just had to accept it. The only thing I ever liked about Snarly and Jax was his relationships with Michael and Morgan. And it does piss me off that Carly and Jax never apparently finalized his adoption of Morgan. Which I find hard to believe, as Carly AND Jax were always united on that front. It seemed for the past few years that it was very evident that Morgan considered Jax to be his real father and that he didn't really want to around Sonny and all of his forms of craziness.

Edited by stlbf, May 29, 2013 @ 11:20 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 11:20 PM

I think -- and always have thought -- that darker potential lurks underneath, though.

DZ agrees with you, heh. But actors always want their characters to be "dark". If GH weren't so asshole filled already I wouldn't mind, but I'm sick of jerks, so.

I do think Dante is a bit old-fashioned, and maybe a little sexist, but he was raised by a woman and has utmost respect for the job she did and is the only male character I can think of at the moment whose boss is a woman (although we never freakin' see her anymore . . . ), so I don't really think there's any extensive sexism under the surface.

Luke found out the extent of Laura's involvement with Stavros. I'm sure, up until then, he'd imagined her kicking, screaming and scheming to escape every second and you could tell he was horrified and disgusted with her for making any kind of peaceful accord with him. I don't recall everything he said, but his sentiments were pretty clear on his face. Of course, that was back when Geary cared enough to show up for his scenes, so he didn't have to say everything to express himself.

I'd have to rewatch to say this with certaintly, but I remember thinking he blamed her. I think there was a sort of blow to his ego, but I don't think he was horrified and disgusted with her. The circumstances, yeah, but not with her.

Edited by Ulkis, May 29, 2013 @ 11:23 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 11:21 PM

It seemed for the past few years that it was very evident that Morgan considered Jax to be his real father and that he didn't really want to around Sonny and all of his forms of craziness.

I'll be mad if we don't get some of Morgan telling Sonny Jax is his father because they're too busy making him a douche-y frat boy stereotype. 

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

Yeah, that bugged me, too.  Not only would Lulu not have even for second acted like there was a chance she was a willing bride, but when it comes to everything else going on onscreen, I don't even want a suggestion that "oh, she was willing, see, she even says she did this all willingly." 

Lulu probably would rather kill herself then let Stavros give her an ultimatum about marrying him. This storyline weel acted but makes my skin crawl.

I went into this episode hating Roger as Franco and ended up loving Roger as Franco by the ending. I don't know how Roger made Franco seem sincere during his apology towards Sam but it worked for me. I think I'm just easy.

I also think he's more old-fashioned and sexist in a lot of ways than he likes to admit or show because he knows it's not "politically correct".

Not sure I agree with that. He tends to let Lulu lead during all of their adventures. He's very mamas boyish but he seems to respect women waaaaaay more than his sperm donor.

Edited by mjgchick, May 29, 2013 @ 11:35 PM.