General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

244990 replies to this topic

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

Ric didn't really hate Sonny. He hated Sonny cause Sonny hated him. He not-so-secretly wanted to be Sonny's pal.

I think Ethan could have been a good addition to the canvas if he was not the retconned son of Luke cheating on Laura with Holly, and all the ugly stuff that came with that.

Yup. Hell, he could have just been a son of Luke's from before he came on the show (although I guess that would have been ridiculous since GV was playing Lucky at the time - NP could play older, but not older than GV, but what the hell, we have Selly Sullivan as Sonny's contemporary so maybe not a big deal after all) or after he divorced Laura (with a little off-screen SORASing). And it was pointless because it's not like Robert and Laura were around to be pissed about this affair.

Edited by Ulkis, Dec 30, 2012 @ 1:20 PM.

brenaugirl

brenaugirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

They're long overdue to bring Serena back to the canvas, especially now with Lucy around. What a goldmine of story potential.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Well, apparently some person on twitter said they saw Kin Shriner somewhere and he said he was coming back? Random, but I dunno why people would lie about it:

@1SaintBernard: “@chrismarric: @bronxfanatic Haha. Yep. Very nice guy. And apparently will be back on GH soon for anyone that still watches it. #idonot” #GH

link

Who knows.

Greta

Greta

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

Is it too much to hope that Kristina
Spoiler

*Actual law, not being a mob mouthpiece.

I caught the Christmas Eve episode again and Care Bears mating really is the best way to describe Starr and Michael. I did think they managed to generate a little heat a few weeks before when Carly interrupted but this time, nothing. From a technical standpoint, it was fine but the two of them just don't bring it together.

Bridget914

Bridget914

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Oh man, I hope that Twitter poster is right about Kin Shriner, and that the rumors about Jon Lindstrom taping again are true too! I like the idea of Stephanie Gatschet as a Serena recast, she is wonderful, but I'm still hoping they somehow make Ellie be Serena. IMO, Emily Wilson is adorable and a really good actress and it would be a shame to waste her on Spinelli and not tie her to anyone else on canvas. It would make sense that she could be Serena since the last time Serena was on GH or PC, she was probably around 12 years old. She doesn't look anything like Carly Schroeder but that could still work; I think she looks like Shell Danielson a bit and has Dominique's hair color.

Ambrosefolly1

Ambrosefolly1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

I like the idea of Stephanie Gatschet as a Serena recast, she is wonderful, but I'm still hoping they somehow make Ellie be Serena. IMO, Emily Wilson is adorable and a really good actress and it would be a shame to waste her on Spinelli and not tie her to anyone else on canvas. It would make sense that she could be Serena since the last time Serena was on GH or PC, she was probably around 12 years old. She doesn't look anything like Carly Schroeder but that could still work; I think she looks like Shell Danielson a bit and has Dominique's hair color.

For one thing, since Lucy and Felicia were so close, I think that Maxie or Mac or Felicia would recognize her (Lucy would be a bragging mother). Another, why the hell would Serena be dating a guy that was partially responsible for putting her brother in the hospital, insulted her brother and father at ever turn (I'm sure either one might mention it), step foot in the house of Sonny Cornithos after what he did to Karen or not show that she secretly hated Maxie and Lulu (again over the brother thing)or plotting revenge. Ellie has the excuse of not being connected to any of that. I like Emily Wilson as Ellie and it is partially because she isn't related to anyone, like Scorpiorules said. TPTB can bump Ellie up to being a Doctor (apparently she would get in trouble for reading textbooks while working) and connect with Serena, Tommy Hardy and Lucas Jones (hey why not make him a doctor too). If Tommy Hardy was brought on as a fellow intern it could rattle Spinelli because Tommy would have known Maxie as a child, but would be working with Ellie, so it would shift a bit of the attention to Tommy.

Bridget914

Bridget914

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

My apologies, you're right about the Sonny part. I didn't really think of that, since otherwise Ellie has had little contact with Sonny. Even though Serena was too little at the time of the Sonny/Karen stuff, I have no doubt that her dad would have told her about that and that she would hate Sonny for it as well.

My logic on the Logan point was that Serena and Logan never met or had a relationship that I know of (could have missed mention of this since I wasn't watching regularly at the time) so not that she wouldn't have cared that he died but she wouldn't have really considered him a brother. Again, I wasn't watching regularly around the time Scott and Spinelli interacted so wasn't really aware that they had any kind of relationship. And absolutely, Lucy is a bragging mother but not sure I see her as the type to send out Christmas cards especially when the girls got older so I could see Mac, Felicia and Maxie being unaware of Serena's appearance as a teen and young adult. Anyway, that was my logic but pretty certain they are not going there and the Sonny interaction would negate it regardless considering how much Serena loved Karen. Guess I should have done more research before I made that suggestion!

Anyway, back to lurking I go!

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 4:06 PM

Anyway, back to lurking I go!

Nooooo, come and stay! Ellie as Serena is a bit improbable, but so's everything else on this show, so.

Ambrosefolly1

Ambrosefolly1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

My logic on the Logan point was that Serena and Logan never met or had a relationship that I know of (could have missed mention of this since I wasn't watching regularly at the time) so not that she wouldn't have cared that he died but she wouldn't have really considered him a brother.

Bridget914 no apologies necessary. Ellie is great and totally and I agree, wasted on Spinelli. But considering that they have Anna share more scenes with Luke than her son in law or granddaughter and in Trey's case, his connections to the canvas ended up hurting more than helping, I don't think it would help.

Yes, Logan and Serena wouldn't have had much if any of a relationship(and him blackmailing Scott wouldn't endear him to her), but she does have a strong bond with Scott and Scott was livid when he found out that Logan was killed. Besides having a sibling killed before getting a chance to form any type of relationship is lose in its own right. I noticed that even though Scott claimed he sent the threatening letters to Lulu after Logan's death, after Lulu received the first of the letters, he still firmly believed that Johnny had killed Logan, so I can fanwank that Serena sent the letters to Lulu after her confession on the stand and Scott figured it out or was told directly by Serena and took credit for it, maybe to spare Serena of retaliation from Lulu's family.

Cornballer

Cornballer

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

Ric didn't really hate Sonny. He hated Sonny cause Sonny hated him. He not-so-secretly wanted to be Sonny's pal.

And that was Guza-ian logic right there: He's not ALL bad, because deep down he just wants to hang with Sonny!

I always took it as the great tragedy of Ric that he had that craving on some level, and cheered whenever he turned around on it and made Sonny miserable, up to and including being a better dad to Kristina than Sonny ever was. TURNABOUT.

We needs Ric back, as I've written before, because I think the current team could embrace what was good about him and not have him turn creepy/rape-y every year or so to keep him a black hat.

Annoyed if Lindsey Morgan does stick around. My compliments to her recently were based on her probably leaving, and as I said, I think she'd do better on a prime-time show with a character better suited to her strengths (which do not currently include emoting/complex inner turmoil).

Scotty in his more mature, protective mode would also be a great add. They pushed him as "bitter, vengeful guy" so hard in his last go-round (and I think part of that was Josh Duhon as Logan proved to be such a jerk off-camera that they had to rewrite story thoroughly) that it really disgusted me. He could use an AJ-style redemption.

Some thoughts on SoapCentral spoilers (comments in << >>):

Spoiler

Edited by Cornballer, Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:16 PM.

Bastille

Bastille

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

I'd love to relive the "We're all bitches to you eventually" scene too, jase-bot. Can anyone find it? The time period would have to be 2004-06. It was definitely before Alexis's cancer diagnosis, but after Sonny knew Kristina was his daughter, and I think during Ric/Alexis. I would not be at all surprised if NLG came up with the line, or it might have been that One Good Writer.

Right. His bro-crush was always so obvious. He would kiss ass trying to get into Sonny's good graces (and organization), and Sonny would treat him disdainfully, and then he'd "hate" Sonny, but under the surface it was always "If he can't love me, at least he'll still be paying attention to me." Sonny had all the power; all he had to do to make Ric light up was pretend to want to be brothers.

I guess you could say it was a psychologically layered story (or a mangled attempt at one), but it's one reason Ric was never a favorite villainness of mine.

Edited by Bastille, Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:22 PM.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

I hope Anna will be on again soon. I need some more Anna in my life. I MISS my Beautiful Badass British Babe!

Also, I need to see Dr. Swiss Bitch (not to be confused with Dr. West Bitch) again. If only, of course, so that I can call her Dr. Swiss Bitch here. :)

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

We needs Ric back, as I've written before, because I think the current team could embrace what was good about him and not have him turn creepy/rape-y every year or so to keep him a black hat.

I don't know about that. They had Johnny have sex with Kate/Connie when she was obviously not in her right mind and played a vague "but did he REALLY rape her?" with Joe Jr. I could see them doing something weird with Ric. And since RC seems to really Sam, I could see them bringing him on as antagonist for her.

Edited by Ulkis, Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:48 PM.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Ugh to those Spoilers. Really, what Todd was covering up was not worth the lengths he went to (as usual), but if Johnny is about to be
Spoiler
than Todd's load of bullshit regarding letting Johnny go free to cover his ass needs to be let out ASAP. I think very, very, little of Carly, but I don't even see her taking that lightly. Hell, she's self involved enough to just be furious Todd didn't her considering her ties to both of them. You know, just like the horrible act of Johnny sleeping with a split personality meant he cheated on her.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

Todd is
Spoiler

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Just watched last weeks shows. The Q story line was by far the best one. Loved JE's ne haircut. Monica & Tracy circling the wagons against Lucy brought back Q memories.

Random thoughts;
The Sonny pity party was vomit inducing. Next year the Christmas celebration needs to be about the Scorpio's & Q's with hospital scenes with the telling of the Christmas story.

Does Sonny ever mention Morgan????? TPTB are really trying to make Sonny more appealing but it's years to late & Mo's acting skills can't turn it around.

The Care Bear mating made me literally LOL. That's probably not what they were going for.

Why did they redo Maxie's apartment & not for the better?

If Connie gets rid of Johnny or if Johnny goes missing, what is going to stop others from putting her in Ferncliff? Why did she think Starr would tell people that Connie had Johnny??

Thursday, a day without Q's or Scorpio's was only worthy of FF for me.

Based on the comments here, I watched the RHo, KeMo, LW scenes & got/felt nothing. What has this show done to Todd Manning that I can know watch his scenes & be meh. I can't believe they have Todd spending NYE with Snarly & pinning for her when he spent last NYE hiding a secret from & kissing Blair.

I too wish ABC would post old clips. I would watch Angie & Jessie from AMC & Todd & Blair 24/7.

ETA:
Todd is
Spoiler

Is this a spoiler or wishful thinking? I hope it's true because the alternative is depressing.

Edited by BestestAuntEver, Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:23 PM.

Bastille

Bastille

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

I'm okay with Olivia's visions continuing for however long, because the dog is so cute. In fact, I'd watch a storyline that brought past GH dogs Rosie (SWSNBN's) and Foster (Lucky's) back as a couple, having adventures with the new dog.

Edited by Bastille, Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:25 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

BestestAuntEver, it's a spoiler.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

Thanks Ulkis, that makes the upcoming events a little more tolerable. I'm ready for this story line to end/move along. Having things blow up in Todd's & Snarly's face will be nice.

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Too bad Blair isn't making an appearance soon to roll her eyes at Carly all "Don't take it personally."

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

In fact, I'd watch a storyline that brought past GH dogs Rosie (SWSNBN's) and Foster (Lucky's) back as a couple, having adventures with the new dog.

and have Foster cheat on Annabelle and break up Raoul's family?

Edited by ParadoxLost, Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

I'm okay with Olivia's visions continuing for however long, because the dog is so cute. In fact, I'd watch a storyline that brought past GH dogs Rosie (SWSNBN's) and Foster (Lucky's) back as a couple, having adventures with the new dog.

I'd be fine with Olivia getting this dog as a pet at the end of this whole storyline. Have Steve go to prison for the situation in Memphis and have Olivia have the dog there to comfort her. That dog is too cute not to get him on contract, stat.

I also wanted to point out how pathetic the Q Christmas party was. How sad. Four people, plus the maid, does not equal festive. The holidays always illustrate how badly the Qs have been decimated over the years.

Edited by Stinger97, Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:53 PM.

Greta

Greta

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

In fact, I'd watch a storyline that brought past GH dogs Rosie (SWSNBN's) and Foster (Lucky's) back as a couple, having adventures with the new dog.

and have Foster cheat on Annabelle and break up Raoul's family?

Well, obviously Annabelle was presumed dead during shootout 382. But she'll return during sweeps just after Rosie and Foster take the next step. But what's she been doing besides keeping Alan company? What about those odd looks (and sniffs) between her and the Cassadine-connected Russian wolfhound who's just arrived in town? Most importantly, how will Sonny deal with it all?

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Whatever happened to Shawn's dog?

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Watching this, where Laura had to be driven home by Luke, knowing he raped her, and lying to everyone that it was a stranger, fighting her fear and disgust as no one else understands why she doesn't want to drive home with Luke...then she confronts Luke about not wanting to be taken home by him, that she's afraid he will rape her again, and he proceeds to tell her about his sad childhood.

The whole thing is disturbing, especially when she apologizes to Luke. I just...I can't deal with that. And you can already see the writing shifting to being about how Luke has suffered. Tony Geary does a wonderful job, but it makes my skin crawl.

I can see why Genie Francis was so upset about the turn in the story. I'm not a huge fan of GF but she's really really good here, especially the scene with Bobbie.

The opening scenes where a reporter interviewed the Quartermaines looked so professionally done. Monty really knew how to use the budget she was given. I also liked seeing the Webbers watching the coverage and commenting on the Qs.

If I didn't know they'd ruin him I'd say I wished Joe Kelly could come back. I've had a soft spot for Doug Sheehan for a long time, and Joe seemed like such fun.

Edited by steve91199, Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:30 PM.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

Well, obviously Annabelle was presumed dead during shootout 382. But she'll return during sweeps just after Rosie and Foster take the next step.

And Raoul will use Olivia to psychically communicate with the next gen of Qs and Spencers to recreate Foster and Annabelle's first meeting to rekindle their love.

Is it strange that one of my fondest memories of this show is "Worm crawl!!!!" [Lucky and Sly selling worms to the Qs was how the dogs were introduced, if I recall correctly] I loved that week where Luke had to take Lucky and Sly to nearly every house in Port Charles because the worms were escaping.

I really do remember the most random stuff about this show.

Edited by ParadoxLost, Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:35 PM.

kaitykaity33

kaitykaity33

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Ric was always on the losing end of any Sonny/Jason conflict. As much as I liked Rick Hearst from his days as Alan Michael Spaulding and from the white-hot awesomeness that was CLic, under Teh Gooze Ric could never be allowed to win. That's why I didn't really cry when Ric left town.

I was actually watching OLTL when Todd and Blair first got together when she knew he was rich before he did. They were both such fantastically-damaged creatures that the fact that they bonded the way that they did, us against the world, let's be bad together, made them one of my all-time favorite pairings. Second part of the thought is I didn't really pick up watching GH until Carly showed up at Jason's door scared out of her mind of Tony and AJ. I stopped watching in the period of Carly in the panic room, JB as Carly. I didn't come back until Robin's second "It's none of my business" paternity reveal of John/Spencer. From that time until now, I never stopped loving Carly. I thought Johnny/Carly were great during the build-up, but after they slept together it was over. All of this to preface to say I don't think Todd will ever be Carly's weak-kneed boyfriend. Todd has his own issues, his own flaws, and his own way of fucking things up. Maybe this pairing will be more than just another conquest for Carly, but somebody she actually has to pay attention to and isn't able to be bowled over in her Carly-ness.

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

I also wanted to point out how pathetic the Q Christmas party was. How sad. Four people, plus the maid, does not equal festive. The holidays always illustrate how badly the Qs have been decimated over the years.

I know and yet it was still the best part of the show! Cartini is to be HIGHLY commended for resurrecting the Qs but there's still much more work to be done. Considering we just got AJ back right before Halloween, I know it's going to take some time. And even though AJ is better than Jason in every way, the truth is that to truly bring back the Qs into full bloom, at some point we do need a returned Jason so that the show can really play the Cain & Abel dynamic set up so many years ago when Alan skipped into the house with baby Jason. If Alan were still around, we could have done that with rivalry Tracy/Alan but he's not & the previous regime stupidly wasted SD so what can we do expect move on at this point? I am thinking that SB signing on to Y&R can be a real blessing to GH if Cartini takes advantage. SB wouldn't play Jason M remembering Jason Q but a recast would have no such problems...

IMO, what GH needs to do is pull a OLTL "Talker". Recast Jason having had plastic surgery. There's surely got to be a talented late 30ish actor with SB/SK coloring. He's on the young side, but someone like Josh Kelly would be great(though JK himself might be more Dillon's age). I suggested a story before where AJ had Jason being held but Jerry would do just as well. Jerry Jacks could be holding Jason hostage. There could be some kind of accident where Jason has to have plastic surgery. Or maybe Jerry just redoes Jason's face because he doesn't anyone to recognize him when he sends him out into the world. Jerry has Jason undergo the Irene Manning brainwashing special. I could totally see Jerry being all diabolical and programming Jason into a killing machine that does his "master" Jerry's bidding. Meanwhile, Sam moves on with John while Liz moves on with AJ. Zoom forward in time and Jerry is back in PC, creating havoc, and at his side is "Ace", the ultimate soldier. Ace is loyal to Jerry but being back in PC and interacting with its citizens bring up these strange flashes of memory (to both the Jason Q & Jason M days). During a hostage situation at the hospital, Jerry orders Ace to kill Monica but, for the first time, Ace is unable to complete Jerry's orders. Something in him breaks. Jerry realizes his hold over Ace is broken and escapes. Ace calls Monica mom and in spite of his new face, Monica realizes that man is indeed her son. Ace, now Jason, moves into the Q mansion, trying to figure out who he is. This is the perfect set-up to restart the AJ/Jason rivalry -- a rivalry which can ONLY work if is also based on love between the brothers. AJ & Jason need to love each other but this love needs to be challenged by AJ's jealousy of Jason and by Jason's resentment at having to deal with that jealousy. If it's just hate, the way that hack Guza wrote it, than the dynamic is worthless. That's the thing about the Qs. The relationship is complicated and dysfunctional but they are not one-dimensional portraits of hate.

Edited by insanityproject, Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:43 PM.

yuggapukka

yuggapukka

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

I think even Care Bears mating is too exciting for what Michael and Starr project onscreen. It's more like weirdly posed stills of Care Bears. They are so dull I keep thinking they are not moving at all. Maybe FranknRon should just bail on a story that's not really interesting, or perhaps at least tell a story instead of taking up time relying on nonexistent sexual sparks. Not all romance needs to be overtly sexual and when you've got a pair of costars with no heat you need to write to other forms of chemistry and these two had an appealing warm, friendly connection initially, despite the tragic circumstances. Moreover the timing for the bit of dead-end filler sucks when TPTB could be airing feel-good holiday scenes.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

I know this is a soap and all, and people come back from the dead all the fucking time, but really, Foster's dead. As is Annabelle. The most a dog lives, from what I know is 15 years old. And Foster was introduced to us as a full grown dog 20 years ago.

Maybe Foster and Annabelle's offspring can show up or something.

Don't fuck with the dogs, man. Leave Foster and Annabelle in peace. I beg you.

And I want to riterate that every new character that is introduced doesn't have to be related to the moobster or anyone else. Otherwise it just becomes an incestuous little bubble.

Example, there were no Spencers on this show when Luke was introduced. But by introducing him, we got Bobbie, then Ruby, and voila, we now have a new family that was brought onto the show organically, and not related to the Webbers, Hardys or Quartermaines. And Speaking of, the Quartermaines were introduced in the late 70s, yes? See? Not related to anyone else, but before Guzasshole decimated them, no one who didn't watch from day one of this show, would have known that the Quartermaines weren't part of the show's canvas.

Or...Lucy Coe. Librarian/secret Lover of Kevin, the murderer, who became a beloved/hated character in her own right.

So, I want Ellie to be Ellie--not related to anyone else on this show. Hopefully this show will last beyond the 50th and if it does, slowly bring in Ellie's family. BitchBritt can leave now. As can Sabrina, I don't care that she's tenuously connected to that whiny douchebag Juan.

Then again, this show actually had good writers back then, so why should I get invested?