General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

245395 replies to this topic

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

Carly doesn't know how involved Todd was in the baby switch but she knows he knew about it, right? And she seemingly had no reaction to that? Jason was away from his kid for months, and she's defending Todd? I don't get that at all.

Yup. Usually I don't mind Carly being made a fool of but I don't buy she would be defending Todd so thoroughly.

I don't see why there has to be a big dramatic exit for Steven. Just have him get word that his dad is sick and needs help running his clinic in whichever war-torn country he's in now. Steven takes a leave of absence and that leaves the door open for an easy return.

I don't think there has to be. Just that there probably will be.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

I absolutely loved the Todd/Sam/Carly scenes. Loved how Sam stood her ground and showed nothing but contempt for Todd and was completely unfazed and unintimidated about having been caught. Loved all those truths she kept spitting out, and how Carly kept trying to stupidly dodge them (especially when she told Carly something like "He flirts with you a little bit and suddenly he's your best friend?", or something to that extent). Since when can a fictional character read my mind so thoroughly? Another good one was Todd looking like he just shit himself when Carly told Sam he swore on his daughter's life he didn't switch the babies, and Sam looking straight at Todd and smugly replying that saying something like that in haste "would send someone straight to hell" as Todd continued to look like he had a half pound brick down his underpants.

Agree with every word of this and very well said. These were the only scenes I've seen from yesterday, and I loved them also. I kept yelling, "Go Sam!" I was so glad to see her treat Todd the way he should be treated, and also seeing her give Carly a reality check. It definitely felt like Sam was speaking for the audience.

Reading about the past wrongdoings of Sonny is pretty appalling. Like just when I thought he couldn't be worse, then I read more.

Edited because I'm a grammar Nazi.

Edited by tvgoddess, Dec 29, 2012 @ 5:13 PM.

Ambrosefolly1

Ambrosefolly1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I'm pretty sure Steve already knows, even if they don't have proof.

I thought it was one of those times when (yet again) someone tells him she believes Heather did something to Maggie, but Steve waved it away.

No, after Olivia was shot up and Heather was being taken away he confronted her and she admitted it.

Must have been one of those days I wasn't watching. If they put more thought into the character, it should have been a longer storyline and a good one to leave on.

bucwild

bucwild

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

Has Sonny ever not called or inferred to any woman he's ever slept with a whore or a bitch? I first thought he never called Alexis a bitch but was wrong about that. I know he's called Brenda, Carly, Claudia, and Reese names. I don't know about Kate but he told Connie paraphrasing "Where I'm from, we have a name for women like you". I guess. He never called Emily a name but I could be wrong.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

I love it when Todd is challenged, I love it when he becomes uneasy and uncomfortable and can't think up of any goofy one liners and is out of his comfort zone and is scared shitless and you can see guilt hemorrhaging from his face. It's when he becomes infinitely more interesting and compelling and layered. And recognizable.

Yes. This x 1000. It's why I love Todd/Sam scenes. More please!

Don't read any further if you don't want to be really spoiled:

Spoiler

. . . LOL. This show is so dumb sometimes. What is even the point? Goodness. Also, upon reading this I was like, fuck so we are
Spoiler
. So, yea, I'm pretty sure my Kristina fondness was based solely on
Spoiler

Edited by peachmangosteen, Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:07 PM.

Bastille

Bastille

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

Has Sonny ever not called or inferred to any woman he's ever slept with a whore or a bitch? I first thought he never called Alexis a bitch but was wrong about that. I know he's called Brenda, Carly, Claudia, and Reese names. I don't know about Kate but he told Connie paraphrasing "Where I'm from, we have a name for women like you". I guess. He never called Emily a name but I could be wrong.

There was a period where he was a complete scumbag to Alexis. I think his "Look, bitch" or "Listen, bitch" (I cannot remember which it was) fell in the same early-Alexis/Ric period in which he taunted Ric that Alexis was "just some sex [he] had," so if Ric thought he was getting under Sonny's skin, he was wrong.

At least Alexis had a beautiful comeback for "Look/listen, bitch": "We're all bitches to you eventually."

It's been a long time, but I think you can also add Hannah to the list of Sonny's women who got called a whore or something similar. I don't remember any verbal abuse of Lily, Emily, or Kate.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:37 PM

At least Alexis had a beautiful comeback for "Look/listen, bitch": "We're all bitches to you eventually."

Not to mention that Alexis told Ric that his dick was bigger. If only Sonny had heard that.

Bastille

Bastille

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

Sonny-hating Alexis had some good digs. Also to Ric, re: Sonny, "You're starting to act just like him. The next thing, you'll be breaking glassware and waving a gun around."

rerunz

rerunz

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

Didn't she also tell Ric that his was bigger?

slayer2

slayer2

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

Sonny-hating Alexis had some good digs. Also to Ric, re: Sonny, "You're starting to act just like him. The next thing, you'll be breaking glassware and waving a gun around."

If only we retained THAT Alexis! PodSonny-ApologizingAlexis is really all up in my mental driving me to drink in a tree then hurl the remaining barware out of it. Faaaaawk why Cartini!!? Why?! She was our champion! Gah!

Edited by slayer2, Dec 29, 2012 @ 8:53 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

He called Kate a bitch I believe when he caught Connie and Johnny in bed together.

Oh man, I had totally forgotten about that line. So great.

. . . LOL. This show is so dumb sometimes. What is even the point? Goodness

I'm speculating, maybe for
Spoiler

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Yea, Ulkis, I bet that is the point. Why must
Spoiler
?! I mean really now.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

A question I'm not sure I want to know the answer to: apart from popping Carly in the head trying to get Lorenzo Alcazar, and putting four or five rounds into the wall over Connie and Johnny's heads when he caught them together, has Sonny ever shot at/near any other women in his life? (Kristina nearly being blown up is probably an unofficial qualifier, in fairness, and I'm not certain what happened with Faith.)

Under the circumstances, if
Spoiler
, I would be just fine with
Spoiler
. That'd be rather sensible. That said I do wonder what this means for
Spoiler
, apart from that inevitable initial couple of episodes (and I'd be inclined to think that it would mean
Spoiler
as well).

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 29, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Not really surprised that
Spoiler

Not to mention that Alexis told Ric that his dick was bigger. If only Sonny had heard that.

Huh?! When did she do that?! You have a clip for that?!

drtslim

drtslim

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

That said I do wonder what this means for Rarity

According to spumors:
Spoiler
But, take that with several grains of salt.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

Worth a quick read. I mostly agreed with the majority of the GH/OLTL related ones, and it's always nice to see JT get recognized.

tam1MI

tam1MI

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 2:13 AM

According to spumors:

Spoiler

Given that they have aged up Kristina, a good choice for the mooted male role would be Tom Pelphrey.

TessHarding2

TessHarding2

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 2:47 AM

The great old days. Such sophisticated Q's and a heavy Campus Disco night. Tracy and Monica were all that.

http://youtu.be/qFZsp6lQPGc'>My link

http://youtu.be/SuB50NXRlew'>My link

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:09 AM

Given that they have aged up Kristina, a good choice for the mooted male role would be Tom Pelphrey.

That would be intriguing. He's a good actor. Of course, she'd have to step her game up.

The irony of Sonny calling women bitches and whores (or emphemisms) is HE'S a bitch and slutty. Damn hypocrite.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:25 AM

Tom Pelphrey mostly just yells through his scenes, so she wouldn't have to worry about giving a performance.

The great old days. Such sophisticated Q's and a heavy Campus Disco night. Tracy and Monica were all that.

Jeff stopping by Bobbie's table to cheer her up was such a natural and sweet moment.

Something GH did so easily until Guza was a sense of community.

And it's so nice that their supporting characters, like Bryan, Claudia, the woman who was losing weight, weren't grotesque and nasty stereotypes, as they have been in recent years.

Luke/Laura creep me out. I guess at least they were supposed to at this time.

I love all the disco dancing that goes on in the background. You can imagine the time and money spent teaching the extras what to do.

Edited by steve91199, Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:41 AM.

jammier

jammier

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Huh?! When did she do that?! You have a clip for that?!

Pin, you'll have to download it, but here it is.

Edited by jammier, Dec 30, 2012 @ 4:02 AM.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

I miss Ric. More accurately, I miss Rick Hearst.

sunnyface

sunnyface

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

I miss Ric. More accurately, I miss Rick Hearst.

I miss Rick and Leslie Webber and Steve and Audrey Hardy. This soap opera is called General Hospital. Enough with the mob crap. Why do Sonny and Kristina have to continue on in this soap opera? This week's episodes blew chuncks with Sonny on every day. Don't get me started on Kristina. She is a horrific actress and not easy on my eyes. The worst thing about this Kate/Connie storyline is that the writers have done a poor job of making the viewers care about what happens to Kate/Connie. What a waste of time when the Qs could be on much more than a seemingly brief blink of an eye.

Edited by sunnyface, Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:19 AM.

Ambrosefolly1

Ambrosefolly1

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

That would be intriguing. He's a good actor. Of course, she'd have to step her game up.

Tom Pelphrey mostly just yells through his scenes, so she wouldn't have to worry about giving a performance

I tuned into Guiding Light a few times to catch his performance as Jonathan Randall because I wanted to see what the big fuss was about, and I have to say I don't understand it.He was okay, a bit over the top, but I thought the women he was partnered with, Gina Tognoni and Stephanie Gatschet were much stronger (shame that in really popular pairings, it is the male that gets most of the credit see: Luke &Laura, Brenda and Sonny, Georgie and Dillon, Jason and whoever he is paired with). I have to agree with whoever said (Guza I think right about 1 thing) that he was glad that Dominic Zamprogna was cast as Dante rather than him.

If they ever casted Stephanie Gatschet as Serena Baldwin (who I think would make a great recast, though I do love Carly Schroeder), they would pair them (because Lindsay Morgan can't seem to generate the same chem with people that Lexi Ainsworth was able to) so the show could have some insipid Romeo & Juliet where the insta - son of Luke Spencer can be paired with the daughter (who's dramatic birth was depicted on screen) of Scott Baldwin. So basically the exact same situation we had with Logan and Lulu, just with the father switching roles. They would probably have Serena throw over her father for that shiftless grifter, despite Scott's never ending devotion and love for her.

I didn't have huge problems with Nathan Parsons (like I do with Scott Reeves), I just think his character was a mess and they never captialized on Ethan and Kristina or even properly wrote his relationship with Maya Ward. Besides, I think I would love a temporary pairing of Johnny and Serena, if they have any romantic chemistry.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

son of Luke Spencer can be paired with the daughter (who's dramatic birth was depicted on screen) of Scott Baldwin. So basically the exact same situation we had with Logan and Lulu, just with the father switching roles.

And look where Logan and Lulu went: nowhere. Granted, it was Guza at the helm, and there were behind-the-scenes issues with Josh Duhon, but it was still a big fat zero.

I'm tired of the sins of the fathers being visited upon the sons (or daughters, as the case may be). The kids are usually decent people, which makes the whole star-crossed-lovers thing kind of boring. Who cares if the parents hate each other? They're not the ones in the relationship. Ron doesn't exactly have a good track record with this. Starr and Cole were boring beyond belief, and we got a totally unnecessary baby out of it to boot. The fact that ColeandHope are both dead shows how badly written that whole story was. Starr has moved on to the equally boring Michael, and Todd is trying to sex up Carly instead of raining hellfire and revenge upon Johnny.

brittania

brittania

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

I just watched those clips. Actually, it was a rewatch as I first saw them 33 years ago. The show was glorious then. They need to make a GH website where they post all the episodes ever made. I would be glued to my computer 24/7.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

According to spumors:

Spoiler

That's hilarious. It sounds terrible. I'm into it!

Edited by peachmangosteen, Dec 30, 2012 @ 11:17 AM.

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

When did Alexis get that great line about bitches? Who let that on the air? I'd love to see that.

Ms Chicklet

Ms Chicklet

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

I didn't have huge problems with Nathan Parsons (like I do with Scott Reeves), I just think his character was a mess and they never captialized on Ethan and Kristina or even properly wrote his relationship with Maya Ward.

I think Ethan could have been a good addition to the canvas if he was not the retconned son of Luke cheating on Laura with Holly, and all the ugly stuff that came with that. Much of the fans' backlash against Ethan was the way he was written onto the show. If they wanted to connect Ethan with Holly, he could have been her son by Bill Eckert. The sadness over that would have given a new dimension to Holly rather than the awful way she was brought back. Luke could have taken him in out of guilt for what happened to Bill.

Petunia13

Petunia13

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Tom Pelprey benefitted from being in story with Gina Tognoni, Stephanie Gaschet, and Kim Zimmer. I agree many times he was over the top. Yet, many actors are a block of wood (on soaps) so I liked seeing some emotion.

I agree with Double Zout. A previous family rivalry is not enough to get me into a pairing. Unless there's chemistry and good story beyond that it means nothing.

Sunny face
I miss Ric too. Before they decimated his character with boinking Sam. His early years he was quite interesting. Of course, I'm partial because he hated Sonny, but he was a convincing actor who is attractive. Had he not boinked Sam I wish they had let his story with Alexis gone further.